MGS4 Trailers Reveal Too Much?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

smellati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 smellati
Member since 2003 • 288 Posts

Seems like the closer we get to the release date, the more of the story is told to us through trailers. I know I know, I could simply not watch the trailers, but its too damn tempting :)

For example, its no secret that snake is gonna die, but it would have had a bigger impact if we didnt know.

And with each new trailer, more and more hints of whats going on is being revealed. I cant think of any other game that released so many trailers before the actual game comes out. Just seems unecessary.

Go to gametrailers.com for the new one thats just been released.

gusnitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 gusnitro
Member since 2004 • 355 Posts

Yea sometimes i feel like they do reveal too much. If im not mistaken i think in one of the past trailers theres a another snake!? Another clone, but this time its from snake himself.I was talking to my friend from work and he says it is snake. Why else would they zoom in to his face while hes smoking a cigarette.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

That is not entirely true, past MGS games have revealed a lot and then it turned out to be just a small hint on what to happen.

SPOILER:

>>>>>>

>>>>>

for example in MGS3 in early trailers we were told THE BOSS will defect and then well there was a twist.

MGS2: we were shown trailers of Snake as the only character in the game then when the actual game got released we were treated to a surprise.

I don't consider the information told in those trailer as spoilers because I'm sure we will have a surprise.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#4 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I agree. And I'm sure some people who respond will say, "Then dont watch 'em." It is tempting, believe it or not. Either way, for me, MGS4 is but an image. I havent read any leaked storylines or watched enough video clips to spoil the fun. I'm sure there will be enough surprises and twists that will just blow me away.
Avatar image for deactivated-586cbea17e099
deactivated-586cbea17e099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 deactivated-586cbea17e099
Member since 2004 • 1091 Posts
I'm almost 100% sure that Kojima is pulling another MGS2 on us... bait and switch to the max :D Can't wait ^^
huriona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 huriona
Member since 2003 • 361 Posts

Yes, they do. Now I know there's a monkey in the game :)

Seriously now, maybe it's just me, but all I see is many pieces of a huge puzzle and wouldn't even know how to start piecing it together. So what I'm trying to say is no, they do not reveal too much.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts

You can't predict what Kojima will do.

Remember one of the earlier trailers where Snake is in another place and he puts the gun in his mouth? I have 3 theories based on this.

1. He chickened out (or some other thing) during that scene and decides to ironically die in a cemetary instead (next to that unknown grave)

2. Two snakes kill themselves?!

3. They scrapped the original suiced scene and went with the more gracious, flower filled cemetary scene

Of couse, we don't know if he actually pulls the trigger or not, but who knows until June 12 :D

Avatar image for GreenGoblin2099
GreenGoblin2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GreenGoblin2099
Member since 2004 • 16988 Posts
I don't watch New MGS trailers, I don't go to New MGS discussion boards I don't read anything related to a New MGS... I hate, HATE spoilers.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

I believe these trailers are very misleading and are only but a tiny fraction of the games cutscenes and story. Remember we'e only scene the first part of the game (in the Middle East) and the reviews of the full play throughs, though spoiler free, stated that we go to different places. Having said that, its almost for sure that we'll get to play as Raiden.

Oh yeah, one spoiler thats in a trailer is when you see Snake in Metal Gear REX and Luquid Ocelot in Metal Geat RAY. Hmmm, if you get to fight in that beast that will be the best thing ever!!

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

I didn't know Snake is going to die........................................................ Thanks

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
All those trailers i believe is not even a pinch of salt from the true game itself.
DWCsUpAFrEaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DWCsUpAFrEaK
Member since 2004 • 192 Posts

Im gonna have to dissagree with you.. but not without good reason..

I say this because i felt the same way you do about "too much" being revealed by the trailers.. for MGS 3 i began watching the trailers a full year before the game came out.. and i watched each new trailer about 10 times..

i pretty much thought i knew what the whole game was gonna be about and the story.. needless to say.. i was way off base and the game was still great reguardless to what was revealed in the trailers.. so i would say that you have nothing to worry about..

csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts

You can't predict what Kojima will do.

Remember one of the earlier trailers where Snake is in another place and he puts the gun in his mouth? I have 3 theories based on this.

1. He chickened out (or some other thing) during that scene and decides to ironically die in a cemetary instead (next to that unknown grave)

2. Two snakes kill themselves?!

3. They scrapped the original suiced scene and went with the more gracious, flower filled cemetary scene

Of couse, we don't know if he actually pulls the trigger or not, but who knows until June 12 :D

hazelnutman

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the new trailer :P.

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

i didnt read any replies here, but im pretty sure some other guy with at least a little mgs knowledge knows that we have barely witnessed anything at all. i guess its actually great that we have a lot of character info before the game is played- lets them skip a ton of cut scenes requiring character developement- eh never mind its mgs theres gonna be that a crap load of other stuff in cut scenes haha......but yeah just read that preview on 1up from that magazine edge or something- they clearly go out of their way to let people know that mgs is packed full of great twists and unseen surprises.

o and uh, come on dude- we didn't need a friggin trailer to know that snake was gonna die -

well before the game trailers came out and when hideo was still saying he wasnt directing, he said it would be solids final starring in a metal gear game and his final mission period

Fitipali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Fitipali
Member since 2003 • 424 Posts
That's what they want us to believe
xFullSurfacex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xFullSurfacex
Member since 2008 • 285 Posts
Now don't forget the game is going to need two blu rays thats over atleast 60gb memory. Which mean those trailers are probably the beginning cutscenes i hope, otherwise kojima san didn't give us a spoiler warning lol.
Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
well compared to mgs3, mgs4 barely revealed anything
Avatar image for Solid_Snake2134
Solid_Snake2134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solid_Snake2134
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I believe that they are not that stupid. They are not going leak some much info about MGS4(the game that they are relie on to make millions of dollars). If you know you are real MGS fan, you know they have so much twists and turns in the game seem likes a roller coaster. MGS are never games that you can pick up and beat in a few hours. That's all I'm saying.

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
Maybe Kojima wants us to know these things lol.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

Maybe Kojima wants us to know these things lol.CJL182

And when we least expect it, WHAM! Another surprise. BHAM! Another twist in the plot. And so forth. I love MGS. :)

hot114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 hot114
Member since 2003 • 4489 Posts
I wouldent be too suprised if all these trailers only showcase the first 10 minutes of the game

Or that they edited the movies to give you the completely wrong impression like capcom likes to do,