Metal Gear Solid 5 Confirmed

• 123 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tacticity
Member since 2008 • 421 Posts

Yes people its true its finally on the way.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Confirmed, MGS 4 'Probably Not Possible' on ...
coasterguy47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 coasterguy47
Member since 2008 • 131 Posts
nice find! but i don't know how there going to pull this off if snake is not main guy
mirko_j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mirko_j
Member since 2004 • 528 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 5 Confirmed, MGS 4 'Probably Not Possible' on ...Tacticity

I am not sure... I think it depends on how you read what he said on the interview. I read it on N4G and to me it sounded as if he was saying "it sucks that i won't be working on the next metal gear game" (assuming that there is a next mgs, but he's not really saying that there will be one for sure).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea874e06483b
deactivated-5ea874e06483b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5ea874e06483b
Member since 2006 • 2896 Posts
I wonder who will be the main character in this one.
Will it be Raiden?:P
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
Kojima can't resist :P Since he's a perfectionist, he'll probably end up making the game. I don't see him washing his hands with MG :P So what does this mean if if it will be MG with an S 5??? Is there a cure for Solid Snake?
Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tacticity
Only time will tell Primo, but its deffantly good news its confirmed
Sachman3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Sachman3
Member since 2004 • 29 Posts
I really wouldn't mind playing as Raiden...that is if the game is going to occur after the events of Guns of the Patriots...if not, it could probably be a whole host of characters....
Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tacticity
I remember a while back there was a post about a secret message that was gonna be prodcastet on December 2008 on the MGS4 CD. Is it MGS5 that is gonna be shown on december 08. Can anyone confirm this.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
i want it to be with someone related to snake or naked snake he was good.
Tacticity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tacticity
Is that secret message realted to this.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts
*faints*
thekodaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 thekodaman
Member since 2006 • 1733 Posts

One thing can be certain, this supposed sequel or prequel or whatever won't involve Solid Snake - He'll probably be dead or not alive yet depending on which direction they go in.

I doubt very much that Raiden will be involved in it either since he's a badass cyborg now there wouldn't be much effort involved to kill anything on two legs, there's a slim possibility that it might be based around Raiden rescuing Sunny from the Patriots but since people pretty much despised the Raiden from MGS2 I don't think it will happen.

CookieGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CookieGoat
Member since 2008 • 142 Posts
I can't believe this T.T
LiquidDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LiquidDom
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts
As much as we all want to believe that this is confirmation of MGS5, dont take it as a confirmation. It sounds like Payton was saying that he is sad that he wont be able to participate in the making of the next MGS if there even is one. At least, thats the way I see it...
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

wow thats a good one! thanks! :D

kojima wont be involved in this MGS series anymore yeh? hmm

hopefully itll be as good previous MGS ! and i really want kojima to make a new IP to be honest.

GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts

hopefully itll be as good previous MGS ! and i really want kojima to make a new IP to be honest.

hxcpride
no kojima = multiplat for sure. o well.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AgentH

One thing can be certain, this supposed sequel or prequel or whatever won't involve Solid Snake - He'll probably be dead or not alive yet depending on which direction they go in.

I doubt very much that Raiden will be involved in it either since he's a badass cyborg now there wouldn't be much effort involved to kill anything on two legs, there's a slim possibility that it might be based around Raiden rescuing Sunny from the Patriots but since people pretty much despised the Raiden from MGS2 I don't think it will happen.

thekodaman

I've already mentioned this in previous topics. It might be a prequel with Raiden as the main character. The story will be set between MGS2 and MGS4 events and will involve Raiden's mission at the Area 51 to free Sunny from The Patriots. Solid Snake and Otacon would be back for support. We might even play a small portion of the game with Snake as we did in MGS2 in the Tanker chapter. Other things that might occur in MGS5 if it was to be a prequel of Raiden's mission would have to be the first accelerated aging symptoms that might appear at some points in MGS5. I'd seriously want to see the reactions of Snake's surrounding when that occurs!

Kojima, Metal Gear and the whole Metal Gear universe and MGS fans and fanboys FTW!

Semper Fi. Who dares, wins.

email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
I'm willing to bet Raiden will be the main character.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AgentH

hxcpride

Kojima will be involved no matter what. It's his game and he won't let anyone to screw it after 20 years of hard work and perfection!
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SonyMarksman70
[QUOTE="hxcpride"]

AgentH

Kojima will be involved no matter what. It's his game and he won't let anyone to screw it after 20 years of hard work and perfection!

THIS
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
I hope not, Kojima keeps coming back saying that he'll "have to work on MGS5" or be "forced to work on MGS5" because he doesn't want someone else butchering it, or whatever the reason may be.

Do you really want Kojima to make this game when he doesnt actually want to make it?
He says over and over again that he wants to make new games, I think him making an MGS that his heart isn't in is just wrong, please guys, stop pushing for MGS5, you're killing Kojima.
patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

nice find! but i don't know how there going to pull this off if snake is not main guycoasterguy47

All they have to do is make so Snake gets younger again by getting rid of the nano machine virus in his body that made him age.

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SonyMarksman70
I hope not, Kojima keeps coming back saying that he'll "have to work on MGS5" or be "forced to work on MGS5" because he doesn't want someone else butchering it, or whatever the reason may be.

Do you really want Kojima to make this game when he doesnt actually want to make it?
He says over and over again that he wants to make new games, I think him making an MGS that his heart isn't in is just wrong, please guys, stop pushing for MGS5, you're killing Kojima.moshakirby18
I'm pretty sure we know he WANTS TO DO IT. Remember what he said after MGS2 them MGS3. He's a perfectionist.He wouldn't allow another MG(S) if he weren't involved. MG2 for NES........He got pissed.
DarkStar4565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DarkStar4565
Member since 2007 • 293 Posts

Metal Gear Solid 5 Confirmed, MGS 4 'Probably Not Possible' on ...Tacticity

Yes. I cant wait to hear more news about this

moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 moshakirby18

[QUOTE="moshakirby18"]I hope not, Kojima keeps coming back saying that he'll "have to work on MGS5" or be "forced to work on MGS5" because he doesn't want someone else butchering it, or whatever the reason may be.

He says over and over again that he wants to make new games, I think him making an MGS that his heart isn't in is just wrong, please guys, stop pushing for MGS5, you're killing Kojima.SonyMarksman70
I'm pretty sure we know he WANTS TO DO IT. Remember what he said after MGS2 them MGS3. He's a perfectionist.He wouldn't allow another MG(S) if he weren't involved. MG2 for NES........He got pissed.

He only wants to do it because companies insist on making more whether he's a part of the team or not. The companies only want to make more because all you die hard MGS fans keep screaming for more.

And so, Kojima is never aloud to make a new game like he wants to because he is, like you said, a perfectionist and doesn't want other people ruining his beloved franchise.

HE'D STILL MUCH RATHER MAKE NEW GAMES, YOU'RE KILLING HIM!

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SonyMarksman70
LOL, i'm not killing him.I'm not the one raving for a new MGS.Would I be happy if he makes one? Yes. Would I be pissed if he doesn't? NO. LOL, you got me all wrong sir. l'm happy with what he's done.I wont die if he doesn't do it.
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 moshakirby18
LOL, i'm not killing him.I'm not the one raving for a new MGS.Would I be happy if he makes one? Yes. Would I be pissed if he doesn't? NO. LOL, you got me all wrong sir. l'm happy with what he's done.I wont die if he doesn't do it.SonyMarksman70

I don't mean YOU you, I mean the PS3 community and everyone hoping 'you'.
mgkennedy5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 mgkennedy5
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts
Cool
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 AgentH

[QUOTE="moshakirby18"]I hope not, Kojima keeps coming back saying that he'll "have to work on MGS5" or be "forced to work on MGS5" because he doesn't want someone else butchering it, or whatever the reason may be.

He says over and over again that he wants to make new games, I think him making an MGS that his heart isn't in is just wrong, please guys, stop pushing for MGS5, you're killing Kojima.SonyMarksman70

Working on a Metal Gear Solid title isn't easy and it's hard work(after watching the "making of" of both MGS2 and MGS4). He always says what he said about not being involved in other MGS titles or MGSx being the final MGS because of the hard work put into making this game. He feels like he wants to take a LONG break and doesn't want to think about anything related to MGS because how much energy it takes from him to do so. But then he misses it. It's normal.

RazerOfHellVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RazerOfHellVII
Member since 2008 • 510 Posts

wtf y would they make another one?

I mean yea the mgs seriez is awsome but if its sanek what age will he be like...he'll be like zero lol

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 AgentH

wtf y would they make another one?

I mean yea the mgs seriez is awsome but if its sanek what age will he be like...he'll be like zero lol

RazerOfHellVII

We've been discussing the possibility of a prequel.
vivelaps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 vivelaps3
Member since 2007 • 1060 Posts
yeah good news !!! but I'm a bit sad kojima don't make it.
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 moshakirby18

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"][QUOTE="moshakirby18"]I hope not, Kojima keeps coming back saying that he'll "have to work on MGS5" or be "forced to work on MGS5" because he doesn't want someone else butchering it, or whatever the reason may be.

He says over and over again that he wants to make new games, I think him making an MGS that his heart isn't in is just wrong, please guys, stop pushing for MGS5, you're killing Kojima.AgentH

Working on a Metal Gear Solid title isn't easy and it's hard work(after watching the "making of" of both MGS2 and MGS4). He always says what he said about not being involved in other MGS titles or MGSx being the final MGS because of the hard work put into making this game. He feels like he wants to take a LONG break and doesn't want to think about anything related to MGS because how much energy it takes from him to do so. But then he misses it. It's normal.

Source aobut him wanting to take a long break because it exhausts him but then he misses it?
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="SonyMarksman70"][QUOTE="moshakirby18"]I hope not, Kojima keeps coming back saying that he'll "have to work on MGS5" or be "forced to work on MGS5" because he doesn't want someone else butchering it, or whatever the reason may be.

He says over and over again that he wants to make new games, I think him making an MGS that his heart isn't in is just wrong, please guys, stop pushing for MGS5, you're killing Kojima.moshakirby18

Source aobut him wanting to take a long break because it exhausts him but then he misses it?

That's how I concluded the "this will be my last MGS game or the last MGS game in the saga" statement. He never actually mentions being exhausted or tired or anything like that. I just assumed and concluded that might be the main reason.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

thekodaman

Well the biggest problem there was people were not expecting to play as Raiden, they had been led to believe it was another solid snake game. Also I'm pretty sure after MGS4 Raiden has alot more fans now, if there is a MGS5 I wouldnt mind playing as Raiden during the event between MGS2 and 4.

lostsoulsofmn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lostsoulsofmn
Member since 2005 • 355 Posts
i guess it would be cool to do raidens mission to get sunny, but with MGS4 tying everything off, i mean, it would be a game just for the sake of a game. there would be nothing new for us to learn as to dealing with the epic MGS story line. i wouldnt mind a game, but to me, it seems almost pointless for them to make a game based off raidens mission. cool, but pointless.
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 moshakirby18
[QUOTE="moshakirby18"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

He says over and over again that he wants to make new games, I think him making an MGS that his heart isn't in is just wrong, please guys, stop pushing for MGS5, you're killing Kojima.AgentH

That's how I concluded the "this will be my last MGS game or the last MGS game in the saga" statement. He never actually mentions being exhausted or tired or anything like that. I just assumed and concluded that might be the main reason.

Oh I see.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AgentH

i guess it would be cool to do raidens mission to get sunny, but with MGS4 tying everything off, i mean, it would be a game just for the sake of a game. there would be nothing new for us to learn as to dealing with the epic MGS story line. i wouldnt mind a game, but to me, it seems almost pointless for them to make a game based off raidens mission. cool, but pointless.lostsoulsofmn

Kojima is doing it or at least writing the story so you shouldn't worry. This man's head is wiser than you think.

jakndaxter7223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#40 jakndaxter7223
Member since 2005 • 2101 Posts
mgs4 ended so perfectly though
Dante9916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Dante9916
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26563987

O well mines is not so Confirmed...?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45586 Posts
You gotta take that with a grain of salt. I think you're taking it out of context. He was just trying to move on and had to say something obviously.
lightlink7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lightlink7
Member since 2005 • 544 Posts

Kojima can't resist :P Since he's a perfectionist, he'll probably end up making the game. I don't see him washing his hands with MG :P So what does this mean if if it will be MG with an S 5??? Is there a cure for Solid Snake? SonyMarksman70

Naah, I think it will be a game filling in the gaps with raiden.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AgentH
OMG! I can't wait for the first trailer. I know it's going to be next E3 which is really far from now but worth the wait if MGS5 first ever trailer made its debut at E3 2009!
mezzo20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 mezzo20
Member since 2008 • 1702 Posts
from the very begining i knew there will be a mgs5 .cant wait for it.
error11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 error11
Member since 2006 • 7163 Posts
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
MGS4 is missing that special touch from the first one...it's just not the same. I hope whatever they do with the next one will be a little more like the original even if Snake isn't the main character.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AgentH

from the very begining i knew there will be a mgs5 .cant wait for it.mezzo20

Same here dude.

Eman5805

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Eman5805
Member since 2004 • 4494 Posts

Seems like Raiden is gonna be the leading man for future stories, if you ask me. I mean it's not like we don't have precedence.

DEWMAN08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 DEWMAN08
Member since 2006 • 2145 Posts
Wow, cool. Also I love the fact that its in all likely cases not going to the 360.