Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide.....WTF???

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 HarshGamer
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

I just recently heard this rumor here on gamespot:

--Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide, the long-rumored Xbox 360 port of the best-selling PlayStation 3 stealth-actioner and GameSpot's 2008 Game of the Year. The announcement will be the finale of the presentation, apparently, although the game itself may be revealed as early as next week.

--A top-secret Konami exclusive for the Xbox 360. "NOBODY outside of Kon[ami] has been told what this is," claims Game Fork. (Emphasis in the original.)

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26879550/360-mgs4-next-gtaiv-dlc-topping-microsofts-e3-lineup.htm

LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts
Hopefully it comes true.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Hopefully it comes true.LoseEagles1245
but it won't....
HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HarshGamer
What's with the "+ Oxide" part though???
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It's probably going to be shown at E3 but I imagine it will also come to the PS3. The MGS2 + 3 re-releases both came to the PS2.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
i'm highly skeptical that this is true, but i woudln't be surprised; nor would i care.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
Whats the problem if it does? If you're someone who takes system wars seriously its going to be a big hit to your ego, otherwise its just another good game being enjoyed by a myriad of people.
coughlanio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 coughlanio
Member since 2005 • 4306 Posts
It's probably going to be shown at E3 but I imagine it will also come to the PS3. The MGS2 + 3 re-releases both came to the PS2.Floppy_Jim
They were on PS2 to begin with... 2 was ported to PC and XBOX, but 3 wasn't
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]It's probably going to be shown at E3 but I imagine it will also come to the PS3. The MGS2 + 3 re-releases both came to the PS2.havokmaster
They were on PS2 to begin with... 2 was ported to PC and XBOX, but 3 wasn't

I know......? That was my point, it means any MGS4 re-release would likely be coming to the PS3 as well.
LoseEagles1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LoseEagles1245
Member since 2007 • 1115 Posts

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]Hopefully it comes true.Doolz2024
but it won't....

Are you sure:question:

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
I don't want this on the 360. Call me selfish and what not but the fact is, i paid a lot of money for my console, mainly for this game. If Konami decide to be greedy and do this i will be most annoyed.
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Doolz2024

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]Hopefully it comes true.LoseEagles1245

but it won't....

Are you sure:question:

of course i'm not sure. Are you sure it WILL go to the 360? No. It's all rumors for now. :P

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

yea it only matters in sw...but i understand, i got mad about the whole tekken going to 360 thing...but as long as i enjoy it for the ps3....alls well

reaver-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 reaver-x
Member since 2005 • 2795 Posts
well im glad i own both systems that way it dosent bother me at all
Avatar image for cross-dark-fire
cross-dark-fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 cross-dark-fire
Member since 2005 • 267 Posts

I don't think its possible since the original game couldn't come on the 360 because of the HD-DVD, and it says + Oxide? More content? If the original game wasn't possible how would they add new content?

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Rakuho

What's with the "+ Oxide" part though???HarshGamer

"oxide" means that the oxygen is already part of a compound, hence the ending "ide"

it's propbably attached to a metal (metaphor for metalgear) which is a formula for rust

rusty metal (as in gear) used metaphorically talks about the aging old snake

In conclusion, there is going to be an extra scene in which you'll see snake even older, and once you start a new game, snake will be able to use a walking-cane as a weapon. 360 owners will also get a wheelchair as exclusive DLC.

this is 100% fact :P

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 HarshGamer

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]What's with the "+ Oxide" part though???Rakuho

"oxide" means that the oxygen is already part of a compound, hence the ending "ide"

it's propbably attached to a metal (metaphor for metalgear) which is a formula for rust

In conclusion, there is going to be an extra scene in which you'll see snake even older, and once you start a new game, snake will be able to use a walking-cane as a weapon. 360 owners will also get a wheelchair as exclusive DLC.

AWESUUUM, cant wait....but back to the point.....how the hell are they going to compress/remake a 50 GB?? game????
Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

I don't care but I do find it amusing that about a year ago 360 fanboys were like "mgs4 suxors all cutseenz" and no it's like whenever someone says "it's only a rumor it won't come true" the 360 fanboys come back saying "yas we gon get it W00tz"

Geetarman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Geetarman42
Member since 2007 • 181 Posts
Wow that would have to be like three disks? I don't really care if Mgs4 goes to 360, it just dont want it to have any exclusive content, that would be a bummer.
OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]What's with the "+ Oxide" part though???Rakuho

huh... that make sense! I lol at that last part. That would be awesome (except the wheelchair being exclusive)! I can just imagine snake sneaking up behind somebody in the wheelchair, getting stuck in mud, then trying tohidein a cardboard box (with the wheels still showing). Still I do not think this is going to the 360, but I would not be surprised if it does.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]What's with the "+ Oxide" part though???HarshGamer

AWESUUUM, cant wait....but back to the point.....how the hell are they going to compress/remake a 50 GB?? game????

that's a very worn-out topic; it can probably be compressed and distributed among several dual layer DVDs. I have no doubt in my mind that MS will do everything in their power to get their hands on even an inferior version.

The word "inferior" is what we can argue about, which is how are they going to port this game, but the "can they port it?" i have no doubt in my mind that it's possible, plus/minus sacrificing some of the presentation quality.

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]

I just recently heard this rumor here on gamespot:

--Metal Gear Solid 4 + Oxide, the long-rumored Xbox 360 port of the best-selling PlayStation 3 stealth-actioner and GameSpot's 2008 Game of the Year. The announcement will be the finale of the presentation, apparently, although the game itself may be revealed as early as next week.

--A top-secret Konami exclusive for the Xbox 360. "NOBODY outside of Kon[ami] has been told what this is," claims Game Fork. (Emphasis in the original.)

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26879550/360-mgs4-next-gtaiv-dlc-topping-microsofts-e3-lineup.htm

Sigh why does this aways happen when ever there is a Kojima annoucement, GET OVER IT !!!!
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts

[QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]Hopefully it comes true.Doolz2024
but it won't....

I agree. It won't. Who the hell is Gamefork, and who the hell HONESTLY believed their Twitter posts.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"]What's with the "+ Oxide" part though???OmegaBlueUp

huh... that make sense! I lol at that last part. That would be awesome (except the wheelchair being exclusive)! I can just imagine snake sneaking up behind somebody in the wheelchair, getting stuck in mud, then trying tohidein a cardboard box (with the wheels still showing). Still I do not think this is going to the 360, but I would not be surprised if it does.

yeah, he'll get's stuck in the mud, and then start screaming "otaaaacoon!!" :lol:

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
Rumors...... I wouldn't get your hopes up. What does "+oxide" mean?
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rakuho

Rumors...... I wouldn't get your hopes up. What does "+oxide" mean?Nephilim83

i already explained it ;)

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Doolz2024

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"][QUOTE="LoseEagles1245"]Hopefully it comes true.GodofBigMacs

but it won't....

I agree. It won't. Who the hell is Gamefork, and who the hell HONESTLY believed their Twitter posts.

exactly. Is it a credible source? No. That's not to say that what they said won;t happen, but it seems very unlikely that it will
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="OmegaBlueUp"]

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

What's with the "+ Oxide" part though???HarshGamer

This would be awesome. There could be a new "sqeak" mechanic (like the "sneeze" mechanic in MGS2) where your wheelchair squeaks while you're sneaking up on people, and you have to use WD-40 on your wheels to stay hidden. :)
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Nephilim83
[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

that's a very worn-out topic; it can probably be compressed and distributed among several dual layer DVDs. I have no doubt in my mind that MS will do everything in their power to get their hands on even an inferior version.

The word "inferior" is what we can argue about, which is how are they going to port this game, but the "can they port it?" i have no doubt in my mind that it's possible, plus/minus sacrificing some of the presentation quality.

Don't forget they'd also have to change certain scenes throughout the game that actually reference different Playstation platforms. The mark II and III are controlled by a PSP afterall. That would be a problem.....
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
Im all for new metal gear content. If its on over 1 disk though, or audio/visually worse im not buying it.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

After a year I don't really care. MGS4 is a great game and experience and I loved it, but like if Xbox owners get it, I don't care. Does this whole exclusive thing even matter?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#33 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

well im glad i own both systems that way it dosent bother me at allreaver-x

lol...agreed

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Rakuho

[QUOTE="GodofBigMacs"]

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]but it won't....Doolz2024

exactly. Is it a credible source? No. That's not to say that what they said won;t happen, but it seems very unlikely that it will

off topic, who likes the word Twitter?...

i don't.

maverick_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35 maverick_76
Member since 2005 • 2188 Posts

Twitter is the downfall of human civilization as we know it. I for one will never use it.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="HarshGamer"] AWESUUUM, cant wait....but back to the point.....how the hell are they going to compress/remake a 50 GB?? game????Nephilim83

Don't forget they'd also have to change certain scenes throughout the game that actually reference different Playstation platforms. The mark II and III are controlled by a PSP afterall. That would be a problem.....

yeah, that too.i't will be funny it they leave it there though :lol: but if they change it it could be even more hilarious

i can just see that the fight with screaming mantis,

Snake:"Otacon, i'm going to run windows 98 to block mantis from reading my mind"

Otacon:"No Snake, you mustn't. MS no longer uses Windows 98; it's current OS has been changed to Vista which is a lot more volatile. If you link up to it now it will crash and your mind will be forever trapped."

Mantis: "aaaaaaaaaaaaah!"

Snake: "argh...the broad has lost her mind, i have no choice, switching to Vista now!"

Otacon: "Sanke, dont't!!!"

*vista crashes*

Snake: *makes dying noise which is repetitiously echoed"

Otacon: snake? SNAKE?SNAAAAAAAAKE?

game over. should have used the syringe

(edited due to some wierd formatting errors)

angusclone2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 angusclone2
Member since 2008 • 1726 Posts
What the hell is Game Fork?
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I'll believe it when I see it

HarshGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 HarshGamer
[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

AWESUUUM, cant wait....but back to the point.....how the hell are they going to compress/remake a 50 GB?? game????HarshGamer

lol, yeah, that game contains only competetors of Microsoft (Sony, Apple).
Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Nephilim83

[QUOTE="Nephilim83"][QUOTE="Rakuho"]

HarshGamer

lol, yeah, that game contains only competetors of Microsoft (Sony, Apple).

Y'know, I forgot all about Otacon using an apple laptop. That big apple logo right there for the whole world to see. I can't imagine that going over too well with Microsoft. lol

It'd be funny if they changed the PSP to a 360 controller something and slapped a big luminescent HP symbol on otacon's laptop. But I don't really see them going through all the work to change this stuff, so I really don't see it porting over. Then again, its hard to ignore anything you see typed up on Twitter..... (that's sarcasm) :)

Totalgym9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Totalgym9000
Member since 2009 • 1456 Posts
ah this rumour got started from a twitter account, it has no credit what so ever
mdmilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mdmilius
Member since 2004 • 132 Posts

I am not bothered by it personally. I think that all great games should be enjoyed by as many people as possible.

plg2307

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 plg2307
Member since 2005 • 953 Posts

It's a game that will be near 2 years old by the time it actually comes out ... let the sad people who can't get a ps3 a share of the fun I guess

vogt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vogt
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts

look on the bright side

if it goes to Xbox it will get achievements.

if it gest accivements then we get trophies

altho i would like it to remain exclusive, i would love trophies.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

It's a game that will be near 2 years old by the time it actually comes out ... let the sad people who can't get a ps3 a share of the fun I guess

plg2307

i think you mean let the smart people who refuse to pay for the over priced PS3 enjoy good games

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

look on the bright side

if it goes to Xbox it will get achievements.

if it gest accivements then we get trophies

altho i would like it to remain exclusive, i would love trophies.

vogt

achievemenets dont always mean trophies, look at Call Of Duty 4

vogt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 vogt
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts

it came out b4 trophies are mandatory.

and activation is lazy if you did not notice =/

( wants dedicated servers)

Dev-Kronsce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dev-Kronsce
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts

Hate to sound greedy, but I bought my PS3 to play the exclusive games on my PS3, and my 360 to play the exclusive games on the 360.

If systems didn't have a good list of great exclusives, there isn't much reason to buy that system > competitor. I could care less if other people can play it or not, I want to make sure my purchase was worth it, and MGS4 going to 360 makes my purchase of a PS3 all that less valuable.

Is it greedy? Maybe, but I'm sure plenty of other people feel the same way.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I'd think it would be lame of MS to buy MGS4. It's been a year since release and they should focus on what NEW things they could bring to the table. It would sicken me if this is true.