Metal Gear Solid 4: Metal Gear Online Help

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GoldFish-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GoldFish-Boy
Member since 2009 • 276 Posts

I rented this from the library recently and wanted to the the online mode. But every time I try to start the online it takes me back to the PS3 home menu.

I know you have to update it but I can't find anywhere that tells you how.

Please help.

mike21187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mike21187
Member since 2004 • 47 Posts

you have to make a konami online account thats why it sends you back to the ps3 home page, but it should send you to the konami website if iirc using the ps3 browser. Its a bit of a tedious process as well not sure if they chenged it since 2008 when mgs4 first came out.

GoldFish-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GoldFish-Boy

How do I get it to let me make a account?

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

you have to make a konami online account thats why it sends you back to the ps3 home page, but it should send you to the konami website if iirc using the ps3 browser. Its a bit of a tedious process as well not sure if they chenged it since 2008 when mgs4 first came out.

mike21187

Yea I thought it was lame you have to go throughall that but it was worth itto me as MGO is the onlygame this gen that is top notch.(Single player sucked) TC, how the hell you rented a game( a M rated one at that) from a libary? But yeah, You was supposed to be led to the Konami's website from the PS3 broswer. But I think you can use you PC(or PS3) to create a Konami ID.

GoldFish-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GoldFish-Boy

I did make a Konami ID on the computer but it didn't fix the problem.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107

I did make a Konami ID on the computer but it didn't fix the problem.

GoldFish-Boy
so your saying you have a Konami ID + PSN ID? you also have to signed in the PSN to play online.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="mike21187"]

PSP107

Yea I thought it was lame you have to go throughall that but it was worth itto me as MGO is the onlygame this gen that is top notch.(Single player sucked) TC, how the hell you rented a game( a M rated one at that) from a libary? But yeah, You was supposed to be led to the Konami's website from the PS3 broswer. But I think you can use you PC(or PS3) to create a Konami ID.

I think you are the first person in years I have seen say Mgo is any good.. :O Anyway, tc, have you updated Mgo yet? It takes forever.. May not be worth it. :P
GoldFish-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 GoldFish-Boy

That's the problem! I don't know how to update it. Tell me. :D

BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts
It should update from the menu and offer you a choice of download method. Either Peer-to-peer or direct download. Either wil take you a decade to download nat this point, your probably best going with direct, as P2P relies on the number of other users online, and at this point that cant be to many.
GoldFish-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GoldFish-Boy

But whenever I start up the game and click on Metal Gear Online it just takes me back to the PS3 home menu.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSP107
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="PSP107"]

[QUOTE="mike21187"]

I think you are the first person in years I have seen say Mgo is any good.. :O Anyway, tc, have you updated Mgo yet? It takes forever.. May not be worth it. :P

MGO is better than UC online.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="PSP107"]

Yea I thought it was lame you have to go throughall that but it was worth itto me as MGO is the onlygame this gen that is top notch.(Single player sucked) TC, how the @#!*% you rented a game( a M rated one at that) from a libary? But yeah, You was supposed to be led to the Konami's website from the PS3 broswer. But I think you can use you PC(or PS3) to create a Konami ID.

PSP107

You gotta be freakin kidding:|

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PSP107

[QUOTE="PSP107"][QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]I think you are the first person in years I have seen say Mgo is any good.. :O Anyway, tc, have you updated Mgo yet? It takes forever.. May not be worth it. :PMarcRecon

im afraid not. The only thing UC has over MGO is the Co op mode but I bet the next MGO game will have Co-op stuff if peacewalker had it. BTW, how was peacewalker co op mode anyway?
GoldFish-Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GoldFish-Boy

Just tell me how to update it!!!!!!!

Please. :D

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="PSP107"] MGO is better than UC online.PSP107

im afraid not. The only thing UC has over MGO is the Co op mode but I bet the next MGO game will have Co-op stuff if peacewalker had it. BTW, how was peacewalker co op mode anyway?

I've only played about half the game but it's really fun, but I hated Mgo so you might not like it. :P