colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts

These past few months have shown great sales statistics in the gaming industry, though one of the greatest is suffering too much in the home console arena. That's Nintendo of course.

Nintendo have made some horrible choices in their hardware department, where simplicity and focus on first party games no longer seem to be as great of a factor to their customers.

Now wouldn't it be much better seeing these two Japanese companies help each other out while also providing a wider range of people access to their games with the next generation of home consoles being a blend of both worlds. I've always wanted to be able to play Mario or Super Smash Bros, but only if it's available on my PS, owning two consoles seems to demanding for having a couple of games on the other one.

Wouldn't it be nice?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Almost happened during the PS1\N64 developpment but Sony left to use the CD player on their own IIRC,so I highly doubt it'll happen again

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@MonsieurX: Nintendo actually double crossed Sony making a deal with Phillips for the CDi. Nintendo doing that is the reason Sony made PlayStation.

And back on topic. No. We don't need Mario-fest on the PS4. Nintendo would also try to mussel in some pathetic hardware suggestions. No.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

I don't think it would happen for a while, but the same thing did happen with Sega joining Nintendo. How many people during the Genesis and Super Nintendo era thought that Sonic would be working with Mario in the future. If it was to happen I think Nintendo would basically become a developer for Sony, perhaps Microsoft.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

It'll never happen. Nintendo won't give up their full creativity for anyone or anything. Sony makes great hardware but depends on third party for games. In the end both won't give up their philosophic ideals to team up after the SNES CD fiasco.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#6 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I wouldn't be opposed to the idea, but thats wishful thinking.

I wouldnt want 10 billion Mario rehashes on PS anyway.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

I don't want Mario World 27, Zelda 41, Smash bros 19 or Mario kart 725

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

I feel like they would butt heads about almost everything. Each company has a very different focus and I don't want either one to compromise themselves.

It would be nice to get a best of both worlds situation though. Sony is much better at making hardware and Nintendo is a lot more creative and stronger in game design. Having one system to play all the great multiplpats (courtesy of Sony's power) and the best first party in the industry (courtesy of Nintendo's developers) would be godly.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#9 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Nope, i don't want it, more consoles = more games