MAG Public Beta - Did you liked it?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FiFa_kirikiki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FiFa_kirikiki
Member since 2008 • 978 Posts

Download it from the PSN Store, it's free. Beware, it might take a lot of space on your HDD.

Experience:

I download it some weeks ago, and now it's working. I must say I got excited when I first got the chance to get online without mistakes or connection errors, which actually happened to me more than ten times.

I must say that, for me is just a war game with 256 people. There's nothing really special about it or at least I couldn't see it through the beta, I'm really putting hopes on the game, I hope they make some changes, like in the menu and the music. The music suck, anyone that had already try this must know it. The music makes me feel like if I were playing some game from El Paso. I like the so many people in one place, it's cool. The gameplay must be improved for a better experience.

Apart this, I must admit that I've played this game more than one simple time, because? well the game has so many people plus come on, it's killing and war, I like it.

I like war games and all the shooting (FPS, SPS, TPS) and stuff but after MAG, I think these games must improve in all the matters, war games are getting commun and more of the same, developers, try something better for more cash $$$$$$$$$$$$$ baby!

FIFALOO

Avatar image for Mister__Awesome
Mister__Awesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Mister__Awesome
Member since 2009 • 2439 Posts
The game is fun. It is different from others, you just have to get used to the feel of it, because it feels different. I love being able to customize your character from looks to gun.
C_BozkurT_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 C_BozkurT_C
Member since 2008 • 3580 Posts

I was in the private beta about a month ago

played it once and deleted it. MAG is horrible. can't believe it's getting so much hype.

Molotovrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Molotovrock
Member since 2005 • 447 Posts
MAG is not horrible and it's not getting alot hype either. The game is fun. I'll be playing MAG till the summer.
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I love MAG. Lvl 17 and going strong. It really does have a different feel than every other FPS out there. Teams work well, graphics arn't all that bad at all and it has a good mix between tactics and action. It will be a buy on day one for sure.
Rhen_Var

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#6 Rhen_Var
Member since 2006 • 12422 Posts
I certainly felt a "Battlefield" vibe from it when I first played it but I was hoping for actual 256 player battles and couldn't find any. But regardless, It was pretty much disappointing. I would rather stick to the 24-player battles of Bad Company.
BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

the only thing i liked about it was being able to customize your own character (though i wish it was more detailed) and the skill point system the actual game play i found to be dissapointing and just not as fun as the KZ2 online gameplay

The_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 The_89
Member since 2009 • 594 Posts

I'm enjoying it. Not 100% sure if it will be a day one purchase for me, but I'm having fun

Fantasticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fantasticus
Member since 2009 • 666 Posts
i won't even bother. it can't stand up to what is the greatness of Modern Warfare 2, so yeah...
Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Not bad for the beta, Im sure the full game will be better, the game froze on me every time.... I liked it. and I'll pick it up sooner or later.
felixiration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 felixiration
Member since 2009 • 433 Posts

I loved it, especially after level 10 when I got to play domination. My only problem was that commanders/leaders had no clue what they were doing, would like some kind of tutorial for how to lead.

Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts
Where is the "definetaly not" option?
prowler666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 prowler666
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts

i might like it, if i would be ABLE TO PLAY IT! connection errors galore. half of the beta time soon passed, and i haven't been able to play it even once!

1,8GB of epic failure, that's what it is.

other online games work perfectly.

edit: and what's with this; when getting connection error somewhere in the game menu, the game RESETS! does dumbness have any limits?

mck92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mck92
Member since 2008 • 458 Posts

I thought it was going to be utter trash, but in the end i ended up enjoying it. I doubt i will buy it and im reckoning it will get an 8 here.

I found that the experience is drastically enhanced if you have an officer with a headset that knows what they are talking about, ive had a great few rounds when thats happend. Unfortunatly its pretty mediocre otherwise, still its an enjoyable game and its not the epic flop i thought it would be.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

So far I'm really enjoying it, the teamwork seems great

DoMiNiC147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 DoMiNiC147
Member since 2008 • 984 Posts
i won't even bother. it can't stand up to what is the greatness of Modern Warfare 2, so yeah...Fantasticus
Isn't that the game with the FAMAS and double shotguns that can reach as far as a assault rifle and kill a person?
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#17 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

No, it's really not my type of game at all.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
I thought the game was horrible.
IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IllegalGamer
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts

Played it, would have to say the sniper gun is rigged. There is basically no recoil on it, a quick double tap would kill the enemy(or atleast the ones i aimed at). Would believe the game is decent if you have your own party and not joining random game.

I wont be buying it in the future unless the price dropped down to 30$ or less.

tjvrx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tjvrx
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

"I was in the private beta about a month ago

played it once and deleted it. MAG is horrible. can't believe it's getting so much hype."

Your making a mistake!! I did the same thing, I thought it was lame to. But I started playing the public beta, and now Im totaly hooked!! Very fun and fresh. Im getting it day one!

After you get to level 10 then it opens up some 256 player matches. Total mayhem!!

MajerHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MajerHawk
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

why does it take up so much space?

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I'm still very skeptical about this game. For me, I like it, but I'm not sure if I'll spend full price for it.

shaneomac103

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 shaneomac103
Member since 2009 • 103 Posts

ye i tried it out

it kind of reminded me off cod

it was alrite there was just alot going on

in the gm i think its a little to much

but its alrite by my standards

altairs_mentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 altairs_mentor
Member since 2009 • 696 Posts

it took to long to update once i downloaded it so i put it off and played RE5

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

its not bad but i can't really get into. ill wait for bfbc2 for my mp fix.

uRan_Ehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 uRan_Ehr
Member since 2007 • 3733 Posts
It's quite good but the coordination of the squads is disastrous and communication isn't existing.
Prototype82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 Prototype82
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Didn't like it one bit. Played 3 matches and didn't have fun at all.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

I haven't played it much do to other priorities and server issues. But so far I like it. Fun shooter, big maps with lots of people. Cool guns that you can customize with skill points, also the character you can somewhat customize. I think I will check out the actual game down the line if I continue to like the beta.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
I never could actually play the Private beta because of frequent patching. I'll wait until I can rent the final product to make my decision.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I enjoyed it after an hour but doubt i'll get it. It is one of the better online games i played though.
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

They've improved it a little bit since the last beta, but it doesn't really suffice. It needs more time.

play_thegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 play_thegame
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
its a rough diamond. although the biggest issue for me was server disconections.
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

I didn't like the beta & $59.99 price tag is crazy - more like $29.99-$39.99.

After playing MW2 & BC2 *beta* :? MAG = meh :P That's just me.

Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Im liking it so far, hidden on the bushes along wit 3 mates and sniping people is fun lol.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

I was in the private beta about a month ago

played it once and deleted it. MAG is horrible. can't believe it's getting so much hype.

C_BozkurT_C
Same. I hated it. Unless they improved it significantly for the public beta (which I seriously doubt), I have absolutely no interest in the game now.
killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i do like it, though it does feel too touch senitive when you aim (or was that my settings?), but i do like it, i'm liking better than MW2 online, i might buy it if i had the money for it

Chiefmigrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Chiefmigrain
Member since 2008 • 83 Posts

The errors with server were that you can only play atcertain times. I like it. it doesn't have Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, or GOW3 graphics, but they are good enough. I have had no lag in about 7 games so far. The games work excellent. There's no glitching, hacks, mods or anything like that {even thought it is a beta, it still matters}, and it's pretty fair and, realism wise, it's between socom and call of duty.

buehler_evan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 buehler_evan
Member since 2007 • 131 Posts

Wheres the HELL NO! on the poll. I would have picked that if it was on there. I didn't like the game at all. The gameplay was just mediocre for me.

zencrobar67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 zencrobar67
Member since 2009 • 282 Posts

day 1 buy! I love MAG

MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

I might get it if it gets a price drop. mag isnt worth 60 bucks but its fun. Im just going to save up for Bioshock 2 and Battlefield Bad company 2

Naughty_Dog14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Naughty_Dog14
Member since 2009 • 80 Posts

It is not near as bad as people make it out to be. They realize they can't run and gun like in Halo and MW2 and start trashing it. These are probably also the same people in the beta that go around being a loner and not sticking with their squad or doing what they're supposed to do.

L30KinG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 L30KinG
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts

it is'nt that bad, the thing is that i was expecting something better, so far is simple

defend/go to point A to B and capture it/destroy it

nothing really that new for me

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Just played the public Beta today for about 2 hours. It's pretty good. I think it will be better than Modern Warfare 2 online. But it HAS to be considering it is multiplayer only, and Modern Warfare 2 was disappointing to alot of people in how it's online was executed. MAG has dedicated servers, which should make it more stable for most people without the annoying "host migrating.." issues like on Modern Warfare.

Good game. But not near good enough to be a day one buy at full price. I'm waiting for Bad Company 2 and the reviews of MAG. If the full relese of MAG gets good reviews I might be convinced to pick it up if I see it on a discount (~39.99 or less).

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 2Chalupas

it is'nt that bad, the thing is that i was expecting something better, so far is simple

L30KinG

Pretty much this. It is a solid online shooter. The problem is it doesn't seem better than what's already out there,and it COMPLETELY lacks a single player campaign.

Other than the 256 players, which IS an achievement on a console, there is really nothing apparantly different or better. I have a feeling if you ever get 256 players it just turns into a giant grenade/spam fest. Even without 256 players I've already seen several games turn into grenade fests when everything goes to "base C". I don't know how many players are at that point but the grenades start flying. You can't even step near a window without getting hit.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

It's crap imo

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 2Chalupas

It's crap imo

thelastguy

It is disappointing. Not really crap though. If I were scoring it I'd probably give it about a 6.5 or a 7. If it had a decent single player campaign to add it might be an 8.0 type game. The lack of ANY single player kind of kills it for me. Same reason i did not buy Warhawk. I like having at least 6+ hours of single player to go back to.

Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

It is OK but nothing that I would consider spectacular. I'd rather wait for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and I'm not even a big Battlefield fan because the shooting mechanics never felt right to me.

Scorpion13497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#48 Scorpion13497
Member since 2003 • 775 Posts

I'm enjoying it so far. From what I've heard from beta testers I was expecting it to be a total flop but I'm having fun. Not $60 fun, but $30 fun. Going to wait until I'm level 10 and for some reviews of the full game to pass final judgement though. I still need to get the sensitivity down though, the default is too slow to aim, and at 60 it was a tad bit fast.

Anyways, go Valor! :P

Pdiddy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pdiddy105
Member since 2007 • 4577 Posts

[QUOTE="L30KinG"]

2Chalupas

Pretty much this. It is a solid online shooter. The problem is it doesn't seem better than what's already out there,and it COMPLETELY lacks a single player campaign.

Other than the 256 players, which IS an achievement on a console, there is really nothing apparantly different or better. I have a feeling if you ever get 256 players it just turns into a giant grenade/spam fest. Even without 256 players I've already seen several games turn into grenade fests when everything goes to "base C". I don't know how many players are at that point but the grenades start flying. You can't even step near a window without getting hit.

the 256 players games are basically just 64 player matches that take place on 4 different parts of the map. it does get chaotic but most of the time you don't venture out of your team's part of the map so the feeling that you're in a 256 player battle just isn't there.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts
Its really not that bad, but I would rather just stick to MW2. Its much much more fun.