MAG is perhaps worth that 60.00...why?....well

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#1 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts

(ok Gamers.... Please don't be trying to snap and go crazy on here....before mods come in... Because I know how few gamers act....please be Mature)

Okay now everyone thinks that MAG is a big flop butjust Beta players are still holding on to it and few already purchased

the copy But, why im going to say that MAG is going to be worth your 60.00 is becuase

-Its going to last every dollar (its not KZ2 or MW2 and when KZ3 or MW3 comes out you move on...and there goes 120.00 even tho we love them :) )

-It's 256 players like come on now your whole friends list can all be togther in one whole team! there is no need for " Im in a game yo wait till im done"

and then keep sending non stop invites when they could be playing the game with you instead of sitting and waiting on each other

-It's really good servers. Even for all256 PS3's every server (becuase on the beta it was working fine) so no lagging!

-It's the real game...Not the BETA do not be upset becuase you basically played an online demo....Im sure their will be multiple things to do.

- Trophies (for Trophy hunters) im sure their will be some challenges becuase it's something new

- Just like Heavy Rain people.. its something new... a new challenge...a new game...not the same thing over and over and over and over and over again..

use your brain and try something new its not like your spending 60.00 on a short campaign and online game thats only going to be hot until a new release comes out next week. Get a game thats set on your $$$$ instead of you chasing for it.

- Techically this game is a Massive Action Game but, its also a online Co-Op game just like real special operatives. You have to work as a team and get your objective done.. So basically, its like a MW2 on spec ops EXCEPT more challenging, Huge maps, andmore team mates. Its also like a huge team deathmatch accept it will maybe even longer and better becuase its a war on every server not a little mini battle. Its not all about running running around on your own expectations and yourown strategy becuase its your team mates that need you and vice versa to be successful and to keep surviving like on Army of Two you need your team mate to keep on going becuase obviously the game isn't army of one so this title make sure you put in Army of Two hundred and Fifty-Six(lol who like that?!?!??! shout outs for Eazy1891 for that lol))

-This is a game for friends who areyour teammatesand also, the game isallowing you to think more and be like " okay what are we gong to do and how are we going to survive and how should blah, blah, blah, blah, and I get past this to do our part. And your friends who aren't or have made sure they do not bring their BMM (button mashing mode lol) or RASM (Run and shoot mode) with them to to make your tactics successful go through. Now this game is all about paitence & tacticsalso..

Its a new challengeNow if you don't like that then just stay on what other FPS game you play and please stop kicking this one in its back. Most of the time on MW2 or any other FPS you really have to think before you really get things done or take your time instead of running around stabbing people, running on to the field shooting everywhere, Sniping or camping non stop without paying attention becuase most of the time you aren't really the top 3 in the game or your just playing as if you are Kratos or Solid snake.. MAG is just something new and of course a WAR not MATCH a WAR when you play. Im sure when people are in the army, marines, navy, military, and etc they don't just run around and go action movie...it's strategy sometimes and that was just what was MAG's role on a War zone. (I like that title War Zone lol should be a new game lol).

NOTE: I am not trying to push anyone's buttons or make this game seem like its the best FPS ever but majority of you guys have to all understand that its all about it being "Something new with Strategy,Tactics, and patience" its just perhaps some of you guys got misunderstood maybe how it was commercial and promoting was. (like for example how Borderlands is a RPS and Heavy Rain is like a mystery like you know what I mean..) I understand how some of you lost it BUT I think its worth a buy and reminder the BETA is nothing like that game..

but yeah :) :) :)

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts
Yeah man its like that man I mean this game is a game that anyone can play as long as they want...the game isn't going to just end in one day of playing you base how long the campaign is...you say what ends the game for you and you finish it whenever....whether that's in one minute or after 24/7/52/12/365
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Young_Charter
Yeah man its like that man I mean this game is a game that anyone can play as long as they want...the game isn't going to just end in one day of playing you base how long the campaign is...you say what ends the game for you and you finish it whenever....whether that's in one minute or after 24/7/52/12/365 Eazy1891
Yea basically its a online game with a lot to go for besides just spending 60.00 on one thing.
Avatar image for mr_winklebottom
mr_winklebottom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 mr_winklebottom
Member since 2008 • 72 Posts
i bought mag today and im lovin it, all the objective based stuff is really cool, no more capture the flag per say, i mean the is the vehicle steal mode which is kinda ctf but you gotta do a lot of crap before you take it or your gonna get blown up, plus there is no noob tubes, what more can you ask for, and the leadership roles are a really awesome twist and make it seem way more real, and to end this statement, ive read the complaints people have about this game and they all stem from 1 umbrella term, being noobs, the complaints ive seen have come from what i have gathered to be coming from a profound lack of skill, so dont be hatin, and theres nuthin wrong with being bad at video games, probly means you gotta girlfriend, which is better than video games
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eazy1891
Ay yo well all I'm (and chart) trying to say is we're getting the game and its not a game for just a couple friends to enjoy its a game for a whole squad to enjoy...so let's start up that crew stuff and hop on the mag ban wagon....I mean I don't mean to sound like I'm d*** riding the game but honestly if you like fps games then hop on that game...
amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Wait so TC doesn't have the game yet? Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Young_Charter

Wait so TC doesn't have the game yet? Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself.

amsfm6
I do not own the game but that does not mean I haven't played the game (not beta the game..) my friend has a copy
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
Everyone I've heard has loved the finished product.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Young_Charter
Everyone I've heard has loved the finished product.Shortbob
Thank you thats actually a point from all I said also lol
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Shortbob
[QUOTE="Shortbob"]Everyone I've heard has loved the finished product.Young_Charter

haha :D I'm a thinker! but ya everyone I know was surprised at how it ended up.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Shortbob"]Everyone I've heard has loved the finished product.Shortbob

I don't know why i mean, to be honest i liked it and I found it pretty gud lol like I said its something new
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Shortbob
[QUOTE="Shortbob"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] Thank you thats actually a point from all I said also lolYoung_Charter

I don't know why i mean, to be honest i liked it and I found it pretty gud lol like I said its something new

I played it all day today and can't wait for tomorrow to play more :P its just so i dont know how to describe it.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Shortbob"] haha :D I'm a thinker! but ya everyone I know was surprised at how it ended up.Shortbob

I played it all day today and can't wait for tomorrow to play more :P its just so i dont know how to describe it.

lol im gettin it soon so you might as well add u seem cool lol
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Shortbob
[QUOTE="Shortbob"][QUOTE="Young_Charter"] I don't know why i mean, to be honest i liked it and I found it pretty gud lol like I said its something new Young_Charter

twinkie_factory :D
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Shortbob"] I played it all day today and can't wait for tomorrow to play more :P its just so i dont know how to describe it.Shortbob

twinkie_factory :D

got chu lol
Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shortbob
I am SVER btw
Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eazy1891
Damn yo errybody luv dat. Sver for real like be something else geez dats all people want to be
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Young_Charter
Damn yo errybody luv dat. Sver for real like be something else geez dats all people want to beEazy1891
lol i kno right lol im not ure what i wanna choose haha
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I know you are trying to convince us to get MAG, but as a private beta user, I just didn't see much value for it at full price, $30-$40 would of been much better for an online multiplayer game.

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Young_Charter

I know you are trying to convince us to get MAG, but as a private beta user, I just didn't see much value for it at full price, $30-$40 would of been much better for an online multiplayer game.

WR_Platinum
not really convince becuase i'll be sounding nothing like a fanboy saying non needed things. Im just pointing out that the game is good its just that its probably not for everybody if you think about it. It's like a whole crowd saying Final Fantasy XIII sucks becuase its an RPG and you gotta take turn doing hack n slash combat you know ? And you get people who will love the game to hate it becuase the gamer who wasnt right for it rejected it for themselves and spreaded it out as a rejection becuase of how they felt so other gamers are going to give the game negative energy becuase of what they heard. (thats just an example FFXIII has to many fan boys to go anywhere with that) so I say forget what you heard and game your taste on your own from time to time or from the Strong reviews or from close friends.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Young_Charter

WR_Platinum
((BTW: sexy sig its one of the best Bayonetta sigs I've seen so far : ) ))
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

Young_Charter

Thank you, I like the sig too. lol

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

Thank you, I like the sig too. lol

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

lol cocky haha
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
[QUOTE="Eazy1891"]Yeah man its like that man I mean this game is a game that anyone can play as long as they want...the game isn't going to just end in one day of playing you base how long the campaign is...you say what ends the game for you and you finish it whenever....whether that's in one minute or after 24/7/52/12/365 Young_Charter
Yea basically its a online game with a lot to go for besides just spending 60.00 on one thing.

Look at warhawk, its old as now, a launch game and its still got a great community online and its fun. This'll be the same thing. I WANT IT BUT IM BROKE :(!!!
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="Eazy1891"]Yeah man its like that man I mean this game is a game that anyone can play as long as they want...the game isn't going to just end in one day of playing you base how long the campaign is...you say what ends the game for you and you finish it whenever....whether that's in one minute or after 24/7/52/12/365 hot_shot_9

Look at warhawk, its old as now, a launch game and its still got a great community online and its fun. This'll be the same thing. I WANT IT BUT IM BROKE :(!!!

lol i do not blame u bro we ll have our problems
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I really wanna get it. But there are so many other games I want. Some girl I know decided to send me $$400 So.. I think I might go ahead and get mag. And let that free money support my game purchases for the next couple of months. That's like 6 games :)

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

Its not worth $5

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

I just got it today after telling myself I wouldnt lol. But I play with friends so that helped me make my decision. You only live once right :P Anyway its fun and a breath of fresh air from playin MW2 (which I dont play as often as I used to).

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Young_Charter

I just got it today after telling myself I wouldnt lol. But I play with friends so that helped me make my decision. You only live once right :P Anyway its fun and a breath of fresh air from playin MW2 (which I dont play as often as I used to).

darkhart7
same here...mw2 is not as fun a it used to be due to also campers and etc
NotAFurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 NotAFurry
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts
please be MatureYoung_Charter
Be all arrogant and pretentious? No. I'm just going to say I thought your post was kind of confusing and I'm looking into MAG but am gonna wait for more reviews. Looks like a game you have to pour your heart into, though, and I'm not sure I can dedicate myself to an online game like that again.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="Young_Charter"]please be MatureNotAFurry
Be all arrogant and pretentious? No. I'm just going to say I thought your post was kind of confusing and I'm looking into MAG but am gonna wait for more reviews. Looks like a game you have to pour your heart into, though, and I'm not sure I can dedicate myself to an online game like that again.

then dont lol like I said it wa to mainly show all its not as bad as the hype
SLUSHiNaToR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SLUSHiNaToR
Member since 2009 • 1366 Posts
Why do people care if it has a single player campaign or not?! Christ.. why would a game like MAG interest anyone who cares so much about a single player campaign.. I don't think that a lot of people were going, "holy ****! 256 players??!! I hope it has an awsome CAMPAIGN or 4 player Co-op! "
Rett18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#33 Rett18
Member since 2009 • 67 Posts
i bought mag today and im lovin it, all the objective based stuff is really cool, no more capture the flag per say, i mean the is the vehicle steal mode which is kinda ctf but you gotta do a lot of crap before you take it or your gonna get blown up, plus there is no noob tubes, what more can you ask for, and the leadership roles are a really awesome twist and make it seem way more real, and to end this statement, ive read the complaints people have about this game and they all stem from 1 umbrella term, being noobs, the complaints ive seen have come from what i have gathered to be coming from a profound lack of skill, so dont be hatin, and theres nuthin wrong with being bad at video games, probly means you gotta girlfriend, which is better than video gamesmr_winklebottom
FACT-I suck at most games, Yes i do have a girlfriend which doesnt allow me to play alot but i am getting laid...i hate MW2 online, people kill you across the map with no scope and stuff i guess i just dont get it....i am stuck between buying MAG or not because i am not that good at online games i cant help it....seriously i am still ranked like 3,000,000 something online in MW2 thansk for the thoughts on MAG
SamuRai_JeDi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SamuRai_JeDi
Member since 2008 • 1019 Posts
MAG starts out a little slow. Hopefully it becomes the game I am thinking it is capable of after I start unlocking stuff, but when your team doesn't work together at all and just spawn and run around its stupid. But like a previous poster said, this game will be like warhawk in the amount of attention it gets from its devs. Should last awhile.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Young_Charter
Why do people care if it has a single player campaign or not?! Christ.. why would a game like MAG interest anyone who cares so much about a single player campaign.. I don't think that a lot of people were going, "holy ****! 256 players??!! I hope it has an awsome CAMPAIGN or 4 player Co-op! "SLUSHiNaToR
Yea it actually doesn't need a Campaign with it being so Massive for the first time it feels hot to play as if your in a MGS4 cutscene during a war lol
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

face palm , its not worth 60 dollars and heres why. theres only 4 different types of game modes, each game mode has a different map but are always the same depending on if your attacking or defending. theres nothing really there to keep you playing unlike a call of duty game, once you get the weapons you want that you bought with yourskill points ,, thats about it... unless you like replaying the same thing over and over again.

the game should of been 40 bucks/ it also could of been a downloadable game like warhawk. at 60 bucks the game should of came with a cheap headset. its a fun game but theres not much lasting appeal to it.. the game is a soild 7.5 .. if it was 40 or came with a head set i would of gave it a 9...

case closed

Oh P/S for the beta testers who played it(yes the BETA was trash) the real game it self, is pretty fun

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Young_Charter

face palm , its not worth 60 dollars and heres why. theres only 4 different types of game modes, each game mode has a different map but are always the same depending on if your attacking or defending. theres nothing really there to keep you playing unlike a call of duty game, once you get the weapons you want that you bought with yourskill points ,, thats about it... unless you like replaying the same thing over and over again.

the game should of been 40 bucks/ it also could of been a downloadable game like warhawk. at 60 bucks the game should of came with a cheap headset. its a fun game but theres not much lasting appeal to it.. the game is a soild 7.5 .. if it was 40 or came with a head set i would of gave it a 9...

case closed

Oh P/S for the beta testers who played it(yes the BETA was trash) the real game it self, is pretty fun

iamshivy

I agree it should've been a little cheaper or came with something like how Socom Confrontation with the headset but if it came with a Pre order with something it would've bee interesting but in the long run im sure there will be plenty DLC and we will start seeing some around spring or summer. You know how game like that get.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

I don't think the game is worth 60 dollars right now, I might buy it but I don't think its a fair price. And what you said about taking your whole friends list online is incorrect from what I hear. You can only have squads of 8 so there is no multi squad launching. Other wise I loved the beta and will get the game eventually

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Young_Charter

I don't think the game is worth 60 dollars right now, I might buy it but I don't think its a fair price. And what you said about taking your whole friends list online is incorrect from what I hear. You can only have squads of 8 so there is no multi squad launching. Other wise I loved the beta and will get the game eventually

imthebest6
no i didn't mean if by one whole thing...lol it was kind of common sense but if i need to break it down i meant during one whole game play and etc.. i didn't fully mean all in one team but you know...Plus im sure not everyone in your friends list will be playing just MAG especially when you are.
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 imthebest6

[QUOTE="imthebest6"]

Young_Charter

no i didn't mean if by one whole thing...lol it was kind of common sense but if i need to break it down i meant during one whole game play and etc.. i didn't fully mean all in one team but you know...Plus im sure not everyone in your friends list will be playing just MAG especially when you are.

Yeah I understand what your saying but lets say you have a clan, you can't co ordinate with the clan if you have more than 8 people because there is no support for bigger squads

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
This Massive Action Game hasn't interested me since I first heard about it. I do play FPSs, It's just not my favorite genre.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="imthebest6"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="imthebest6"]

Yeah I understand what your saying but lets say you have a clan, you can't co ordinate with the clan if you have more than 8 people because there is no support for bigger squads

oh yeah you got a pointer there lol I wish they could actually expand that to at least ten but then again you have a good point on that but if you are a person who wants more than 8 friends with you on there then you sure love to get down dirty lol ( love to have badd*** fun)
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 imthebest6

[QUOTE="imthebest6"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"] no i didn't mean if by one whole thing...lol it was kind of common sense but if i need to break it down i meant during one whole game play and etc.. i didn't fully mean all in one team but you know...Plus im sure not everyone in your friends list will be playing just MAG especially when you are.Young_Charter

oh yeah you got a pointer there lol I wish they could actually expand that to at least ten but then again you have a good point on that but if you are a person who wants more than 8 friends with you on there then you sure love to get down dirty lol ( love to have badd*** fun)

They just need different squads to be able to group together and join games

Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Young_Charter
[QUOTE="imthebest6"]

[QUOTE="Young_Charter"][QUOTE="imthebest6"]

They just need different squads to be able to group together and join games

and maybe just a few more modes also becuase i know it will get annoying after a amount of time to replay the same kind
Angry_Meat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Angry_Meat
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts
I loved it... for the first 10 hours then I just couldn't bring myself to play it. I don't like shooters.
Joemama2069

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Joemama2069
Member since 2009 • 224 Posts

i didnt get much out of this public service announcement....except that my friends suck for constantly giving me party invites when I have stated quite clearly to wait until I finish. kids these days...

Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

I enjoy it quite a bit. Not regretting my purchase at all.

Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

I already decided it wasn't worth $60 when I played during the Beta phase.

RogueShodown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 RogueShodown
Member since 2009 • 2818 Posts

Shad0ki11
I played the week-long open beta and I didn't like it that much, either. I played maybe 2-5 hours throughout the week because it wasn't really interesting. The grenade problem I had with the beta where nades wouldn't do any damage to me, even though there was an indicator, seemed to be resolved in the final version. It looks like the open beta still had bugs that were fixed in the final version, so you should at least rent/borrow it if you like playing FPSes online.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Young_Charter
I was actually hearing the Trophy challenge is almost impossible lol may take forever or a couple of months to plat it.

Shad0ki11
Beta...lol

I enjoy it quite a bit. Not regretting my purchase at all.

Jettero-Heller
what did you choose ?