mag beta- good or not?

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

codbgs97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 codbgs97
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

who has played the mag beta? i cant play games on weekdays so i havent played yet. is it fun?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Was in the private beta and didnt like it. Alot of my friends were getting it until they played the demo.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Go check out the other half a million threads and you'll fine loads of answers.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I like the game a lot. I can't seem to get voice chat to work though which would be really useful.
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I like the game a lot. I can't seem to get voice chat to work though which would be really useful.nightshade869
In the private beta you have to raise your voice louder then normal games.
racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
Well i'll tell you my pros and cons.. Pros Literally no lag (i was impressed) Well designed maps Rewarding unlocks (Guns, Attatchments) Very fun with friends Cons Animations could do with some work Ok visuals, but acceptable considering the 256 players. Anyway i'm buying MAG day one, i love MP games, and i was impressed by MAG.
GodofBigMacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 GodofBigMacs
Member since 2008 • 6440 Posts
I used to think the private beta was good. I played the public one. Now I wonder what I was thinking. It's TERRIBLE. The only thing good about it is the character customization (SVER = 100% ghetto)
BigBoss712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BigBoss712
Member since 2005 • 13742 Posts

I used to think the private beta was good. I played the public one. Now I wonder what I was thinking. It's TERRIBLE. The only thing good about it is the character customization (SVER = 100% ghetto)GodofBigMacs

yup same here, the character customization was the only thing I liked :P everything else is very meh.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
Most people don't like it. I have fun with the game. People don't like the graphics, and compared to other PS3 games yeah, it doesn't look so hot. But compared to other massive shooters (such as PlanetSide, not BF, as it is not a massive shooter) it has the best graphics. The 256 player battles can be fun but hectic, it all depends on whether your team is using teamwork and not just playing like it's CoD (which is almost everyone...). Still, I'd get BFBC 2 over MAG. $60 is too steep for this OK war game.
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts
Its fun I really like it. Im trading in my copy of MW2 for MAG.
cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

The guns felt to generic for me, and the game felt kind of weird in the private beta. It felt like it didn't take as long as it should to level up. I don't think that it is worth 60$ considering that it is multiplayer only. I didn't really get why they included faction rankings, considering that the leading faction doesn't get a reward or anthing.

zencrobar67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 zencrobar67
Member since 2009 • 282 Posts

it's awesome don't listen to the haters.

oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

if you like call of duty...you wouldnt like MAG.

if you usually play with friends in fps, maybe you should check it out.

IMO, MAG is too generic.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 cametall

The guns felt to generic for me, and the game felt kind of weird in the private beta. It felt like it didn't take as long as it should to level up. I don't think that it is worth 60$ considering that it is multiplayer only. I didn't really get why they included faction rankings, considering that the leading faction doesn't get a reward or anthing.

cabose38
They may implement something. I see contract bonuses but I don't know how each faction gets them. As of now it's a "my faction is better than yours!" thing. I agree about the guns. I play SVER and I do not like that every gun is some type of AK practically.
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
Sorry, but I am puting faith into this game, and hoping it impresses me on my day one buy even if I don't try out the demo
Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
I dont think that most people realize that this is a beta and not a demo. I actually had to sit myself down with MAG and give it a chance. They also stress the fact that nothing is finalized. So the animations and what not will be fixed. I look at the graphics in an art-style sense. All games look different, and MAG looks different. I'm still bored just defending or attacking. Trying to hurry and reach level 10 so I can unlock the new modes. The way I see it; I know MAG will have a hardcore fan base that will play 24/7 and honestly thats all this game needs.
Orgymang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Orgymang
Member since 2003 • 314 Posts

Overall, the game felt pretty generic to me (especially the guns) in terms of an FPS. The biggest downfall of this game is going to be communication. Unless you have platoons full of clan members or people at least willing to communicate, you are going to have extremely frustrating Domination matches, which are the 128 vs. 128 that is the biggest hype about the game. I think this game will turn out to be more of a niche game with a rather small community when all is said and done.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
[QUOTE="Knivez0r"]I dont think that most people realize that this is a beta and not a demo. I actually had to sit myself down with MAG and give it a chance. They also stress the fact that nothing is finalized. So the animations and what not will be fixed. I look at the graphics in an art-style sense. All games look different, and MAG looks different. I'm still bored just defending or attacking. Trying to hurry and reach level 10 so I can unlock the new modes. The way I see it; I know MAG will have a hardcore fan base that will play 24/7 and honestly thats all this game needs.

I didn't quote you for the quote... Dude what is your sig from! Thats brutal. Its only acceptable to hit a woman like that if you get an STD... The ones that wont go away. Also MAG sucks... but it runs smooth as hell surprisingly.
Knivez0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Knivez0r
Member since 2006 • 1467 Posts
[QUOTE="YoungSinatra25"][QUOTE="Knivez0r"]I dont think that most people realize that this is a beta and not a demo. I actually had to sit myself down with MAG and give it a chance. They also stress the fact that nothing is finalized. So the animations and what not will be fixed. I look at the graphics in an art-style sense. All games look different, and MAG looks different. I'm still bored just defending or attacking. Trying to hurry and reach level 10 so I can unlock the new modes. The way I see it; I know MAG will have a hardcore fan base that will play 24/7 and honestly thats all this game needs.

I didn't quote you for the quote... Dude what is your sig from! Thats brutal. Its only acceptable to hit a woman like that if you get an STD... The ones that wont go away. Also MAG sucks... but it runs smooth as hell surprisingly.

Its from the Jersey Shore on MTV. Lol.
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 soldine
Member since 2007 • 1980 Posts
[QUOTE="oajlu"]

if you like call of duty...you wouldnt like MAG.

if you usually play with friends in fps, maybe you should check it out.

IMO, MAG is too generic.

i like COD and i like MAG too just because i enjoy one type of shooter doesnt mean i hate another
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

I liked it, kinda similar to the battlefield bad company 2 beta without the vehicles.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 YoungSinatra25
Good lookin... That blew my mind. I watched it 30 times already... That dude got arrested he was a NY gym teacher. (I Googled it) She called him ugly. Wow!..... After playing the BF:BC2 Beta I'd have to say MAG isn't worth the space it took on my hard drive. Zipper has a great concept (it runs smooth, IW should take notes) but... well trust me a good quanity of people whom were gonna get it probably wont after playing it.
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 soldine
Member since 2007 • 1980 Posts

I liked it, kinda similar to the battlefield bad company 2 beta without the vehicles.

muller39
There are vehicles, though it is in the 256 player unlokced mode at level ten. APC's, helicopters, you can call in arty strikes, i found it was alot better than the demolition mode. I cant imagine why zipper didnt allow you to play the 256 version from the get-go
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cametall
[QUOTE="muller39"]

soldine
There are vehicles, though it is in the 256 player unlokced mode at level ten. APC's, helicopters, you can call in arty strikes, i found it was alot better than the demolition mode. I cant imagine why zipper didnt allow you to play the 256 version from the get-go

I'm wondering how many people have decided not to buy it before hitting level 10? If you have a level 10+ friend then you can group with them and enter the massive battles. My buddy was level 5 and fighting in a few 256 player battles. The smaller scale maps can be a turn off. It feels like a more chaotic death match or something.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
[QUOTE="soldine"][QUOTE="muller39"]

They have vehicles and such? Dang I better start unlocking.
Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

I dont think that most people realize that this is a beta and not a demo. I actually had to sit myself down with MAG and give it a chance. They also stress the fact that nothing is finalized. So the animations and what not will be fixed. I look at the graphics in an art-style sense. All games look different, and MAG looks different. I'm still bored just defending or attacking. Trying to hurry and reach level 10 so I can unlock the new modes. The way I see it; I know MAG will have a hardcore fan base that will play 24/7 and honestly thats all this game needs.Knivez0r

Very true. DO NOT listen to the haters. Most (not all) of the negative comments are from bashers who simply "DON'T GET IT". I would point you towards IGNs recent op-ed piece regarding the game for an example of irresponsible and incompetent journalism which basically can be summed up as "It's not TeH MW2zorZZ so It SuXx". Seriously, if you are at all curious about this game do yourself a favor & log into the mag.com forum using your PSN ID & read the threads there & learn exactly WHY this will be one of the most intense gaming experiences to come around in a loooong time. I have not been this obsessed & addicted to a game since Demon's Souls. Be very aware THIS IS NOT MW2 and the learning is STEEPand that my friend is a very good thing indeed. This will mark only the 2nd time in 17 years that I will hace pre-ordered a game for release. Oh and the GFX are excellent considering what is happening simultaneously. Check out the Developer diaries on PS store. The game looks great.

Now on to you Mr Kive0r & your sig. Seriously, I thought that was a guy with long girly hair not a chick (my monitor's a little dark) who the heck sucker punches anybody like that let alone a girl. More details please???

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
The beta was crap in my opinion and I have a strong feeling that this game will flop hard.
ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
i hate it. :?
Arctic_Grillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arctic_Grillz
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

[QUOTE="Knivez0r"]I dont think that most people realize that this is a beta and not a demo. I actually had to sit myself down with MAG and give it a chance. They also stress the fact that nothing is finalized. So the animations and what not will be fixed. I look at the graphics in an art-style sense. All games look different, and MAG looks different. I'm still bored just defending or attacking. Trying to hurry and reach level 10 so I can unlock the new modes. The way I see it; I know MAG will have a hardcore fan base that will play 24/7 and honestly thats all this game needs.Jettero-Heller

Very true. DO NOT listen to the haters. Most (not all) of the negative comments are from bashers who simply "DON'T GET IT". I would point you towards IGNs recent op-ed piece regarding the game for an example of irresponsible and incompetent journalism which basically can be summed up as "It's not TeH MW2zorZZ so It SuXx". Seriously, if you are at all curious about this game do yourself a favor & log into the mag.com forum using your PSN ID & read the threads there & learn exactly WHY this will be one of the most intense gaming experiences to come around in a loooong time. I have not been this obsessed & addicted to a game since Demon's Souls. Be very aware THIS IS NOT MW2 and the learning is STEEPand that my friend is a very good thing indeed. This will mark only the 2nd time in 17 years that I will hace pre-ordered a game for release. Oh and the GFX are excellent considering what is happening simultaneously. Check out the Developer diaries on PS store. The game looks great.

Now on to you Mr Kive0r & your sig. Seriously, I thought that was a guy with long girly hair not a chick (my monitor's a little dark) who the heck sucker punches anybody like that let alone a girl. More details please???

I agree. this game is not noob friendly which is a good thing. I havnt touched my copy of darksiders and bayonetta because of MAG. Most people are hating it because they kept dying when they first played and some just jump into the MAG bandwagon hate. It's snooki getting punched lol. the guy was taking their drinks and snooki said something and the guy got annoyed/pissed and smacked her.
Jettero-Heller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jettero-Heller
Member since 2002 • 4289 Posts

[QUOTE="Jettero-Heller"]

[QUOTE="Knivez0r"]I dont think that most people realize that this is a beta and not a demo. I actually had to sit myself down with MAG and give it a chance. They also stress the fact that nothing is finalized. So the animations and what not will be fixed. I look at the graphics in an art-style sense. All games look different, and MAG looks different. I'm still bored just defending or attacking. Trying to hurry and reach level 10 so I can unlock the new modes. The way I see it; I know MAG will have a hardcore fan base that will play 24/7 and honestly thats all this game needs.Arctic_Grillz

I agree. this game is not noob friendly which is a good thing. I havnt touched my copy of darksiders and bayonetta because of MAG. Most people are hating it because they kept dying when they first played and some just jump into the MAG bandwagon hate. It's snooki getting punched lol. the guy was taking their drinks and snooki said something and the guy got annoyed/pissed and smacked her.

Glad you "get it" Arctic. And to the other posters read Knivzors post where I've bolded it. This is why this game will not phlawpp!! Poor snooki. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to television in general but I'd sure like to have a private word with Mr dirtbag sucka puncha if you know what I mean:evil:

darkhart7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 darkhart7
Member since 2009 • 356 Posts

Ill have to admit, I'm not in love with this game by any means. The more I play it though, the more I have respect for it. Not the greatest but im having a lil fun with it. Just gotta get past the graphics and hopefully the controls will be touched up and itll be fine. I agree though, not worth 60 bux. I like BFBC2 more, tis the only game I got preordered this year so far.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

very good game

the 256 battles are immense, sometimes waaay too chaotic. Zipper needs to work on the character reflexes though, switching weapons is tough. I do like the medkit system, regen health is lame sometimes

racing1750

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 racing1750
Member since 2010 • 14567 Posts
[QUOTE="Zaibach"]

very good game

the 256 battles are immense, sometimes waaay too chaotic. Zipper needs to work on the character reflexes though, switching weapons is tough. I do like the medkit system, regen health is lame sometimes

Yep, and no lag even with 256 players.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Its fun I really like it. Im trading in my copy of MW2 for MAG.Arctic_Grillz
Same, probably.
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

I was in the closed beta and I enjoyed the game. I'm really looking foward to the release of the full game.

SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#36 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I got to finally play a couple of rounds fighting to my favorite side. SVER.

frankly i like it. i just don't know if it will be 60 dollars good.

Bad Company 2 by far has a much more bang to it, and it felt quite authentic battles.(you know what i mean, without the game being extremely difficult).

don't know.. it's not a must buy. and multiplayer games require investment of time, and i'm realy a single-player based gamer.

i can take it or leave it.

graphically i thought it was alright. nothing special, but it is not the abomination like some were calling it.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 cametall

Ill have to admit, I'm not in love with this game by any means. The more I play it though, the more I have respect for it. Not the greatest but im having a lil fun with it. Just gotta get past the graphics and hopefully the controls will be touched up and itll be fine. I agree though, not worth 60 bux. I like BFBC2 more, tis the only game I got preordered this year so far.

darkhart7
The price is a bit steep for this title, especially on it's release date! ME2 comes out the same day! If it were $40 I'd be all over this. But the experience thus far isn't very refined. The game can be fun but can easily be far more frustrating (all dependent on your teammates).
imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

After playing the beta for a while now, I've decided that mag is a great game. Unfortunately most gamers won't give it a chance because they will play it for a half hour then decide its crap. Once I started playing the 256 matches I was seeing things I've never experienced before. I think the game would be better off sold at $40 dollars.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts
Well i'll tell you my pros and cons.. Pros Literally no lag (i was impressed) Well designed maps Rewarding unlocks (Guns, Attatchments) Very fun with friends Cons Animations could do with some work Ok visuals, but acceptable considering the 256 players. Anyway i'm buying MAG day one, i love MP games, and i was impressed by MAG.racing1750
This
Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

raven ftw!!!!! SVER SUCKS!!!

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#41 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
It's average 7/10 Guns didn't feel right, they were just all too generic unless you picked up the oppositions weapons. The character customization and barracks were cool though. Maps were decent, graphics mediocre. Lag free though! it's just a matter of people playing it for what it is, not Cod.
prowler666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 prowler666
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts

not good. it feels... cheap. i just felt that everything could be done so much better. nice try though.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Not a fan of Zipper Interactive and MAG just reassured why I don't like Zipper Interactive.

Not only does it meet Zipper's typical "poor quality criteria". It's just a cheap Battlefield clone to boot. Especially when it's whole advertising pitch was just "256 players online!"

Saw it coming from a mile away. But with a free beta, I just had to see it for myself.

..and before anybody throws that "it's a beta" card. Believe me. It's Zipper Interactive. You're playing the final retail product. They're just testing server loads and creating "hype".

Ryan_Som

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ryan_Som
Member since 2009 • 2474 Posts

People might disagree with me here, but other than the animations, the game really doesn't look that bad. I mean lets be honest, nobody praises Modern Warfare 2 for being amazing looking. The guns and everything on your character look fine, the environments are good considering the scale. The main things that suck in comparison are particle effects, smoke effects, and player animations. The character models and animations are the main areas where COD is better.

That said, I do think that more force feedback and sound should have been used to make the guns feel more powerful.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I played a few rounds and got up to level 4. I think its interesting. From what I played I realized that its a very strategic game. I can't say if I would buy it though, I need to try it a bt more but being lagfree is very nice. If the game had split-screen I would buy it without a second thought. War hawk is fun and all but a change of pace would be nice.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 YoungSinatra25
[QUOTE="Jettero-Heller"]

[QUOTE="Knivez0r"]I dont think that most people realize that this is a beta and not a demo. I actually had to sit myself down with MAG and give it a chance. They also stress the fact that nothing is finalized. So the animations and what not will be fixed. I look at the graphics in an art-style sense. All games look different, and MAG looks different. I'm still bored just defending or attacking. Trying to hurry and reach level 10 so I can unlock the new modes. The way I see it; I know MAG will have a hardcore fan base that will play 24/7 and honestly thats all this game needs.Arctic_Grillz

It's snooki getting punched lol. the guy was taking their drinks and snooki said something and the guy got annoyed/pissed and smacked her.

It wasnt a slap she got cold cocked in the face. I cant stop watching it, It turns me on and angers me at the same time. I got issues I know, something wrong wit me...... Anyway I'll give MAG a second chance at least till level 10... I dont wanna but if level ten is where its at I'll give it a chance... Unless connection interuptions or error codes hinder this, then screw it. I aint buying it anyway...
GodofEmpires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GodofEmpires
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts

MAG is awesome, but I think it's because people are used to going solo and not using teamwork that they think this game isn't good.

ClevBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ClevBeast
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts

Its fun I really like it. Im trading in my copy of MW2 for MAG.Arctic_Grillz

That seems a bit extreme but MAG is pretty good. I have it on preorder

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
It has come along way since the private beta, I've been playing the public beta and a bunch of things have already been changed and improved, I think it's quite fun. Voice chat works completely fine.
fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

It is a rent at best to me. This game probably wont be very active two months after playing and it just really looks/feels average