M2 micros work wth psp 3000? Size of PS1 games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rawCpoppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 rawCpoppa
Member since 2004 • 4219 Posts

I just purchased a PSP 3000 along with GoW:CoO but haven't gotten a memory stick yet.

I tried searching on this board for topics on M2 micros working with psp but it didn't yeild any results.

Will an 8gb M2 memory stick with the Pro Duo adaptor fit and work with my PSP 3000?

Also how much space do PS1 games from the PSN take up on a memory stick?

Ghosty1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Ghosty1212
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts

As I recall, most of the PS1 games were only 750ish MB. So it could fit on your 8 GB stick. (PS1 games I believe were made on the CD-- so about 700ish MB per game.)

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

If your micro works it's going to be sticking out the side with an adaptor. Not sure if it will, but if it does, might be awkward.

Don't want to snap the thing off in your shiny new 3000.

PS1 games are anywhere from 60 megs to 1.3 gigs. Just depends on what you get. The bigger games (like FF 7) taking up more space.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

As I recall, most of the PS1 games were only 750ish MB. So it could fit on your 8 GB stick. (PS1 games I believe were made on the CD-- so about 700ish MB per game.)

Ghosty1212

More down around 450MB or just a little under 500MB, FF7 being the exception at 1.3GB. Not being snotty in correcting you, sorry if it sounds that way... only trying to help clarify.

I personally wouldn't use an adaptor because then you've got extra crud to deal with outside the PSP... why isn't going with swapping out your cards an option? You can keep an awful lot of PS1 titles even on a 2GB card... just a suggestion. The system is pretty good about swap-ability.

rawCpoppa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 rawCpoppa
Member since 2004 • 4219 Posts

If your micro works it's going to be sticking out the side with an adaptor. Not sure if it will, but if it does, might be awkward.

PS1 games are anywhere from 60 megs to 1.3 gigs. Just depends on what you get. The bigger games (like FF 7) taking up more space.

lostcali8

Why would it be sticking out? Aren't the adaptors made for use with pro duo devices? The adaptor should have the same dimensions as the pro duos yes???

lostcali8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 lostcali8
Member since 2005 • 2548 Posts

[QUOTE="lostcali8"]

rawCpoppa

Why would it be sticking out? Aren't the adaptors made for use with pro duo devices? The adaptor should have the same dimensions as the pro duos yes???

The new ones are; the one that came with my micro is ancient though. Bit over an inch long, think it was originally made for a digital camera.

Fits in the PSP, but it sticks out a good half inch or so. If he has a newer one theres nothing to worry about.

But if it's like mine, I wouldn't recommend using it. Before buying a memory card I almost snapped it off in the system so many times..

johncane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 johncane
Member since 2007 • 70 Posts

Just buy this (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.17789) and just use cheep micro SDs it works dreat and you have TONS of memorey!

-This thing is like 4 bucks

-4 GB Mirco SDs are like 30-20