M$ is thinking about a motion sensing controller also

This topic is locked from further discussion.

willz822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 willz822
Member since 2005 • 167 Posts

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

http://www.qj.net/Microsoft-will-make-a-motion-sensitive-controller-if-you-want-em/pg/49/aid/88336

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Now who's copying who?
Spookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Spookie
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts
No games. No point. Sony should have learned that one ;/
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts

360's is really behind in the race in terms of gaming technology. Now they are considering a motion sensing controller when it has been proven to be a fun aspect and a 'next gen' controller feature. They should be the first to consider such idea since they released their next gen console a year before everyone. Now they are playing catch up.

MaximumD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 MaximumD
Member since 2007 • 1506 Posts
First, it was HD-DVD to rival Bluray, then HDMI included in the Elite system, and now Six-Axis. WTF? Microsoft just seems like a wanna be.
Spookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Spookie
Member since 2003 • 352 Posts

360's is really behind in the race in terms of gaming technology. Now they are considering a motion sensing controller when it has been proven to be a fun aspect and a 'next gen' controller feature. They should be the first to consider such idea since they released their next gen console a year before everyone. Now they are playing catch up.

Thomas-Crown
Do Sonys marketing department pay well these days? I was looking to move away from construction. :)
donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
"There's no point building the hardware if nobody really wants it." They dont have a clue do they.
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
cant wait for the 360 fanboys comments
slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 slyydevil
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
M$ is picking their face off of the concrete with the whole catchup thing and they came out a year ahead of the competition, as the saying goes it's better to wait sometimes and this is a huge reason. M$ wouldn't have had to release this elite pack and wouldn't be considering this. People are bashing Sony's sixaxis yet there hasn't been a developer with enough balls to implement the motion controls with flair. Motorstorm did a good job with it and with Lair, MGS4, Little Big Planet and R&CF:TOD I can see them putting that issue to rest and will quickly change the minds of those on the fence about the motion sensing technology, just give it time. I say by the 2nd generation of PS3 titles this motion cotrol stuff will be a moot point.
MERC_RECONN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 MERC_RECONN
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
Of course they are. lol
RELover00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 RELover00
Member since 2006 • 2777 Posts
Microsoft is just a company that copy's thing's from other console's. Seriously.. And MS Fanboy's use to say Sony copied from the Xbox.. >_>
bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bigredman3000
Member since 2006 • 1935 Posts

First, it was HD-DVD to rival Bluray, then HDMI included in the Elite system, and now Six-Axis. WTF? Microsoft just seems like a wanna be.MaximumD

Exactly , Stupid Micro$oft! 

donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
Microsoft is just a company that copy's thing's from other console's. Seriously.. And MS Fanboy's use to say Sony copied from the Xbox.. >_>RELover00
They seem to copy a lot of other things. Vista has copied features from the Mac operating system. In fact, this copying has been going on for a while.
slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 slyydevil
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
The idea of windows is stolen. If you own a legal copy of windows you will see all the copyrights and folks that added their two cents only to be bought out by Bill and co. Windows is a patchwork operating system and is clearly a monopoly no matter how yo uslice it...
Master__Shake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Master__Shake
Member since 2002 • 6214 Posts

http://www.qj.net/Microsoft-will-make-a-motion-sensitive-controller-if-you-want-em/pg/49/aid/88336

willz822
good..i bet it'll have rumble and a removable battery to charge.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogerjak
speaking in rumble...is Sony going to make a new controller with rumble and motion sensing?
BILLNYE6983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 BILLNYE6983
Member since 2005 • 475 Posts

People say the Sixaxis motion sensing is lame and in most cases I agree (except in Motorstorm and Godfather) but I can't wait to see what GOW III does with it, they are always inovative, I'll bet they will add it in with the minigames and stuff. Also a lot of other games too.

If they did 360 fans would have egg on there face big time... I'm talking a whole carton.

Adzino91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Adzino91
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
God i hate Microsoft.
Gamefisher86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 Gamefisher86
Member since 2004 • 588 Posts
OH COME ON!!!! its just like when you buy a brand new pair of shoes and you goto school and noone has them and everyone is like um.... ok.  Then when you show up next week everyone has those shoes and then you fell like what the hell it is a stab at my originality!!
RELover00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#23 RELover00
Member since 2006 • 2777 Posts
Relax, guy's. It's probably just a rumour or something like that. Bill isn't that dumb to do that.. Let's just wait the new's get's on a much more... "Reliable(sp?)" site (IGN, Gamespot, 1up whatever)
amourkiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 amourkiss
Member since 2003 • 1751 Posts

willz822

of course they will

they are copycats

first they steal the color and trigger button from Dreamcast, the HDMI output idea from SONY, and then they wish to have a motion sensing controller ....  um .... why is that even suprising ??

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

My thoughts:

So...??? 

six_shot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 six_shot
Member since 2007 • 1388 Posts
pathetic
swordfish_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 swordfish_64
Member since 2007 • 571 Posts
It won't be too long before they release an add on blu ray player. I dunno if it will actually be used for games , probably just playback. M$ will eventually release a ThreeSixtyAxis wireless controller, and will give the line again that they are offering their consumers more "choices" to milk them out of more money, and their fanboys will love it. Hell, M$ even made the new elite black, a wannabe PS3 ;)
TheAbstrakt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheAbstrakt
Member since 2006 • 1736 Posts
It won't be too long before they release an add on blu ray player. I dunno if it will actually be used for games , probably just playback. M$ will eventually release a ThreeSixtyAxis wireless controller, and will give the line again that they are offering their consumers more "choices" to milk them out of more money, and their fanboys will love it. Hell, M$ even made the new elite black, a wannabe PS3 ;)swordfish_64
i know, seriously...
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts

willz822
And you post this in the PS3 forum ? Why I hope they never add motion sensing. I don't want to swing my arms around like an idiot when playing. I also don't see this happening at all.
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Deihmos
It won't be too long before they release an add on blu ray player. I dunno if it will actually be used for games , probably just playback. M$ will eventually release a ThreeSixtyAxis wireless controller, and will give the line again that they are offering their consumers more "choices" to milk them out of more money, and their fanboys will love it. Hell, M$ even made the new elite black, a wannabe PS3 ;)swordfish_64
By the time any of these formats become a standard which woudln't be in this decade there be a new xbox.
Trek5200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Trek5200
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
[QUOTE="willz822"]

Deihmos

And you post this in the PS3 forum ? Why I hope they never add motion sensing. I don't want to swing my arms around like an idiot when playing. I also don't see this happening at all.

HEY DEIHMOS!!  He posts it here because he can!!

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Deihmos
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="willz822"]

Trek5200

Let us see how long it takes to get locked.
Trek5200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Trek5200
Wanna tissue??
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
April fools joke by Microsoft or a catch up play by them? we will just have to wait and see.
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
Now who's copying who?rogerjak
Touche!
Sully28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Sully28
Member since 2003 • 5097 Posts
[QUOTE="Trek5200"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="willz822"]

Deihmos

I take it your a xbox fan who never played a ps3 by the way your describing motion sensing.

He posted it because microsoft is now taking an idea that is in the ps3.

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Deihmos
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="Trek5200"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="willz822"]

Sully28

I take it your a xbox fan who never played a ps3 by the way your describing motion sensing.

You really consider sixaxis motion sensing? I played Virtua tennis and MLB 2K7 with it and wow. Pushing my hands outward is truly motion sensing. Wii is the only console with true motion sensing ...sixaxis was just a last minute addition to the PS3...sadly it wasn't implemented well.
Trek5200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Trek5200
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="Trek5200"][QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="willz822"]

Sully28

Take a look at EVERYTHING Deihmos posts, the guy is a PS3 hater, I can't find any posts anywhere but in here and all he does is complain about the PS3. I don't see him posting in the 360 forum, just here. I asked him why, his reply...because I can. Wow, he is really someone to listen to.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts
This is the Ps3 version of motion sensing. Lame!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8qVMOwcgKw&eurl=
jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts
ok i don't hate bill and co. but this just getting nutty
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 rogerjak
[QUOTE="swordfish_64"]It won't be too long before they release an add on blu ray player. I dunno if it will actually be used for games , probably just playback. M$ will eventually release a ThreeSixtyAxis wireless controller, and will give the line again that they are offering their consumers more "choices" to milk them out of more money, and their fanboys will love it. Hell, M$ even made the new elite black, a wannabe PS3 ;)Deihmos
By the time any of these formats become a standard which woudln't be in this decade there be a new xbox.

Don't belive in you. If you said 4 or more xbox I would, but only one?
De_Bears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 De_Bears
Member since 2002 • 1593 Posts

Then....

After adding motion sensing they'll add a slot loading tray,  then add Blue Ray as an add on (because MS wants to give you choice.)  Then the power brick will be incorporated in the design.  (notice how nobody ever shows that big power brick)  Then they'll stop making their systems in Mexico, because the dust down there makes the fan louder.

LMFAO

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rogerjak

Then....

After adding motion sensing they'll add a slot loading tray, then add Blue Ray as an add on (because MS wants to give you choice.) Then the power brick will be incorporated in the design. (notice how nobody ever shows that big power brick) Then they'll stop making their systems in Mexico, because the dust down there makes the fan louder.

LMFAO

De_Bears
LOOL!I love the "MS wants to give you a choice" argument.
Trek5200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Trek5200
[QUOTE="Deihmos"][QUOTE="swordfish_64"]It won't be too long before they release an add on blu ray player. I dunno if it will actually be used for games , probably just playback. M$ will eventually release a ThreeSixtyAxis wireless controller, and will give the line again that they are offering their consumers more "choices" to milk them out of more money, and their fanboys will love it. Hell, M$ even made the new elite black, a wannabe PS3 ;)rogerjak

Don't belive in you. If you said 4 or more xbox I would, but only one?

Nice!!! Beautiful shot!! :D
Avatar image for Jonny_Killa1234
Jonny_Killa1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jonny_Killa1234
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Sony said that they would make a second sixaxis that would have vibration. So Sony is getting it even.
rasstarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 rasstarman
Member since 2004 • 852 Posts

Then....

After adding motion sensing they'll add a slot loading tray,  then add Blue Ray as an add on (because MS wants to give you choice.)  Then the power brick will be incorporated in the design.  (notice how nobody ever shows that big power brick)  Then they'll stop making their systems in Mexico, because the dust down there makes the fan louder.

LMFAO

De_Bears
Nobody shows it because no one can see it. It's to the back of the TV and does not bother a soul. You got to hand it to Sony for making gaming all about movie play back. Hell if I want a blu ray player or HD DVD player I wouldn't look for it in a console.
thejoe1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 thejoe1986
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts
This certainly isn't the first time M$ has copied Sony's controller design. Or need I remind you who put rumble inside a controller first? Who put two joysticks on a contr first? Who had four shoulder buttons first? And although Nintendo did innovate the motion sensing in this gen. Sony actually used the tech first with Warhawk on the PSX. Look up that old school thingy and you'll realize who has been innovating controllers all along.