L.A. Noire is not a GOTY contender!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

I was all hyped up about this game from rockstar and even though the game has great graphics and facial animation technology, i still like it to be an open ended world with stores,safehouses and activitieslike GTA there is hardly any gameplay and it is very repetetive I think they should have atleast incorporated the elements of GTA and RDR into it.

I guess Skyrimor Uncharted 3would be GOTY

monkeyd_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 monkeyd_93
Member since 2007 • 6848 Posts
1. Rockstar is the publisher not the developer 2. its a detective thriller game, how does a sheriff or underbelly based game fit in with this? Detectives don't need safe houses and they have one job only, not to run around stealing cars etc.
T_0_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 T_0_D
Member since 2007 • 1128 Posts

So because a crime scene investigation game is not a GTA clone it cannot be GOTY? The main character is a policeman...how would creating mahem and running over citizens fit in with any kind of story? Well hopefully you did not waste your money on it if you don't like it and just rented it.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

It was only a matter of time...

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

I suggest you finish the game to polish your detective skills so you can use them in the future to avoid disappointment before purchasing a game.

teck157713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 teck157713
Member since 2008 • 364 Posts

I completely disagree with you... Triple A hype for this game.

Pls, it looks much and more accessible than GTA in terms of everything.

BrianFantana15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BrianFantana15
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
your only used to being on the bad side of things.... this time your a cop.... why don't you be on the good side for once?
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I suggest you finish the game to polish your detective skills so you can use them in the future to avoid disappointment before purchasing a game.

Everiez

Zing!

jaidev004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jaidev004
Member since 2004 • 358 Posts

Lol ! Wow so many defenders for this game!! I never said this game was bad but i just said it doesnt deserve to be a GOTY contender! I dont mind being on the good side but there has to be many side activities from the main mission, in short there should be more gameplay other than mere interactive cutscenes! But i do like this game but never got the same satisfaction as RDR or any GTA game!!

1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts

I was all hyped up about this game from rockstar and even though the game has great graphics and facial animation technology, i still like it to be an open ended world with stores,safehouses and activitieslike GTA there is hardly any gameplay and it is very repetetive I think they should have atleast incorporated the elements of GTA and RDR into it.

jaidev004

If you actually read some previews on the game, most of them were saying "If you are expecting this game to be like GTA, you will be disappointed." Maybe, next time you read up on some reviews before buying a game.

Clear case of not judging a book by its cover here.

SgtNumNum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SgtNumNum
Member since 2008 • 1172 Posts

I completely disagree with you... Triple A hype for this game.

Pls, it looks much and more accessible than GTA in terms of everything.

teck157713

I totally agree with u.

ACx7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ACx7
Member since 2007 • 6222 Posts
It will most likely be in the running along with Uncharted 3, Gears of War 3, and a few others.
elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
in all honestly i never felt like a rockstar published/developed game ever deserved to be a goty and i am finding l.a noire to be better then gta4 or red dead but thats just me
1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 1337h4xx0rz
in all honestly i never felt like a rockstar published/developed game ever deserved to be a goty and i am finding l.a noire to be better then gta4 or red dead but thats just meelbert_b_23
Agreed. I really didnt like any GTA game, but I am really enjoying LA Noire
Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts

1. Rockstar is the publisher not the developer monkeyd_93

why do people always blurt out these inaccurate claims w/o backing it up.

1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 1337h4xx0rz

[QUOTE="monkeyd_93"]1. Rockstar is the publisher not the developer Batang_X990

why do people always blurt out these inaccurate claims w/o backing it up.

"L.A. Noire is a video game developed by Team Bondi in conjunction with Rockstar Games[10] and published by Rockstar Games. Initially announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive, the game was later reported to also be scheduled for release on the Xbox 360"

Wonderful thing the internet is.

Maybe you should check yourself before you refute someone elses (accurate) claim.

aGOODdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aGOODdude
Member since 2010 • 444 Posts

jaidev004

Did you actually complete the game before deciding upon this? Have you played through the entire game at all?

H_M_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 H_M_1
Member since 2011 • 1150 Posts
Wow! That is a catastrophe! NOT! I personally don't see the hype for this game, many will disagree with me, but just my opinion.
IamBEASTMODE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 IamBEASTMODE
Member since 2010 • 538 Posts

No game that will be released this year even comes close to Skyrim imo

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

I guess he needs to work on his detective skills lol.

[QUOTE="jaidev004"]

1337h4xx0rz

If you actually read some previews on the game, most of them were saying "If you are expecting this game to be like GTA, you will be disappointed." Maybe, next time you read up on some reviews before buying a game.

Clear case of not judging a book by its cover here.

gooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gooter
Member since 2010 • 129 Posts

Game is average at best. You clowns need to stop leg-humping it simply because you bought it first day and want to justify the purchase. It's a decent game, that's it.

el3m2tigre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 el3m2tigre
Member since 2007 • 4232 Posts

They even said that this was NOT going to be like GTA....

I'm honestly glad it isn't. I want to put my mind on to something for once. (In gaming of course)

Avatar image for ThePhenomenaIHP
ThePhenomenaIHP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ThePhenomenaIHP
Member since 2011 • 276 Posts

Game is average at best. You clowns need to stop leg-humping it simply because you bought it first day and want to justify the purchase. It's a decent game, that's it.

gooter

What exactly defines if the clowns are the ones that praise the game or the ones that bash it? People have different opinions. They always did.

1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 1337h4xx0rz

gooter

Wow! with that kind of "eloquant" game critiquing, you should run your own review site!! Game-reviews by goober!

gooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gooter
Member since 2010 • 129 Posts

[QUOTE="gooter"]

1337h4xx0rz

Wow! with that kind of "eloquant" game critiquing, you should run your own review site!! Game-reviews by goober!

excellent idea
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Lol ! Wow so many defenders for this game!! I never said this game was bad but i just said it doesnt deserve to be a GOTY contender! I dont mind being on the good side but there has to be many side activities from the main mission, in short there should be more gameplay other than mere interactive cutscenes! But i do like this game but never got the same satisfaction as RDR or any GTA game!!

jaidev004
It was pretty commonly known before release, and even mentioned repeatedly by both Rockstar staff and video game reviewers everywhere, that L.A. Noire was not a GTA set in the 1940's, so I can't imagine how you disappointed yourself when all the facts were right there.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#27 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Weather or not it should be GOTY is debateable, so many other awesome games are still to come out.. i do think it should be a contender. They tried something different. Look how many sequels we have.. BF3, COD:MW3. Uncharted 3, Infamous2, Red Faction: Armageddon etc etc. Its awesome to see a developer bringing out something new and refreshing. This is not GTA, it was never marketed as the next GTA so everyone that are so unhappy that you can't run around blowing stuff up, you brought that upon yourselves for not watching a single interview/preview of the game, or checking out any reviews before buying. Im really enjoying LA Noire. Its something different and its done well. It's interesting playing the role of a detective. I enjoy running around blowing something up as much as the next person, but it's good to try new things and this is a great experience. I just finished solving a case last night where i had two suspects in different interrogation rooms. The evidence was strongly against both of them and i had to interogate and make a choice who to charge. So i went with the one the evidence was stronger against.. afterwards i actually thought for a while about how maybe i was wrong and should have charged the other guy.
Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

gooter

Everyone has a opinion, just because it isn't the same as yours doesn't make anyone a clown.

Gmichels7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Gmichels7
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Its sad that so many people think Rockstar= GTA. Its kind of limiting where the company can go. They attempt to come out with a new style of came, and receive all this instant backlash because it isn't there old game. Its a shame really. I wonder if they will ever shake that.
DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

jaidev004

There are some things to do aside from the main story. You can report to street crimes, discover landmarks, film reels, newspapers that reveal some backstory, and discover all cars. L.A. Noire is not like GTA; it's always been said to be a detective game. What do you think detectives do?

Anyways, I'm loving this game; investigating the crime scene for clues and interrogating suspects is pretty fun. I also like that you can miss out on crucial information or vital clues, which in turn, makes it harder to crack the case. Also glad that you can turn off clue hints off since it makes investigating harder and more authentic.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

gooter
I doubt you even have it, let alone played the entire game.
Srenjy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Srenjy
Member since 2010 • 307 Posts
too bad im still waiting for its price to come down :( stil wont be able to play the game
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts
Funny how many little kids are crying that the game isn't "GTA with fedoras" when Rockstar Games specifically said "This is not 'GTA with fedoras'" I personally love the game. As far as I'm concerned it's tied with Portal 2 for GOTY for me. So far, anyways. No, it is NOT a GTA clone. It is it's own game. It's original. It's a very cinematic and story-driven game. That's a good thing.
Avatar image for decepticondevil
decepticondevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 decepticondevil
Member since 2003 • 3607 Posts

gooter
Please. I'm not 10 years old. I have a LOT of games, and I have definitely bought less than average games on day 1. Hell, I bought Naughty Bear... you think I tried to sing the praises of that pile of garbage just because I owned it? Grow up, little boy.
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts

jaidev004

You said Uncharted 3 is a game of the year contendor. While I agree with you on that part, it's funny you say that when Uncharted 3 has no side quests and is basically nothing but interactive cust scenes as well.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

About like expecting 'Little Big Planet' to be like 'God of War' because both are published by Sony.

Arkknon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Arkknon
Member since 2006 • 109 Posts
Yeah. I have to disagree with you. As some on here have said, I like this game a lot more then GTA and RDR. That's my opinion though.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

[QUOTE="Everiez"]

Large_Soda

Zing!

Boom roasted
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]

[QUOTE="Everiez"]

MethodManFTW

Zing!

Boom roasted

Awesome reply by Everiez.

:D