Killzone Mercenary New Details: Updated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Blake135
Member since 2008 • 3994 Posts

227852_10151399841565100_1185349382_n.pn

New Trailer: http://www.eurogamer.pt/videos/killzone-mercenary-trailer-2

New Gameplay Footage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rOy5ztkZr3c

Article From VG24/7 About the SP: http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/31/killzone-mercenary-single-player-from-ps3-to-vita/

Article From VG24/7 About The MP: http://www.vg247.com/2013/01/31/killzone-mercenary-multiplayer-shorelines-and-shanking/

Article From TheSixAxis: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/01/31/hands-on-killzone-mercenary-ps-vita/

MB2ZQTr.jpg

From The Playstation Blog:

Sony has released new information for Killzone: Mercenary, first-person shooter Killzone series, developed specifically for PlayStation Vita using the wonderful graphics engine Killzone 3.

The history of the title begins immediately after the end of the first Killzone, and follows many of the events of the trilogy in the saga. The game puts you in the combat boots worn by a mercenary called ArranDanner. Darren is an ex-soldier UCA which has no problem accepting commissioned works by the ISA and Helghast.

When a simple rescue mission Vektan Ambassador and his family goes the wrong, Danner understands that exist of the war depends on the fate of the young son of the Ambassador. While the two sides are trying in every way to seize the boy, Darren starts to wonder if the price of victory really worth his pay.

Consists of nine single-player missions - lasting about one hour each - Killzone: Mercenary offers all in a portable gaming experience that made famous the Killzone franchise. Completed missions are replayable, enriched with new challenges and special objectives.

In addition, the title boasts a multiplayer mode fully developed ad-hoc, with six maps tailored to accommodate eight players and three different game modes, including the famous Warzone mode.

To stay in line with the theme of "mercenary", every action done in Killzone: Mercenary is rewarded. The better your performance, the higher your pay - not only in the single-player campaign, but also in multiplayer mode. The wages you receive are stored in a single bank account and the money accumulated can be used to buy weapons and equipment for use in multiplayer matches, and vice versa.

Killzone: Mercenary uses the possibilities of control offered by PlayStation Vita and its graphics capabilities. The dual stick controls, the classic first-person shooter, are accompanied by the touch screen to unleash brutal attacks short-range and motion sensor that allows you to take better aim when you need maximum precision. The game uses the graphics engine of Killzone 3 in order to create huge environments with an impressive amount of detail.

The release of Killzone: Mercenary is scheduled for September 2013.

abeum1.gif

iBAO6kDPK1P8I.gif

Old Gif

imUzVb98KWyJU.gif

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts

Looking real nice.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts
Looks really promising. We really need a release date.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Looks nice, just hope it plays well and they don't neglect the single player.
Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Blake135

Looks nice, just hope it plays well and they don't neglect the single player.SoNin360

I heard on Twitter its supposedly a full length SP unlike that trash COD Ps Vit's *Missions*

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I'm hoping it has a lengthy campaign. If it does might be the first FPS game on Vita worth buying.
TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

[QUOTE="SoNin360"]Looks nice, just hope it plays well and they don't neglect the single player.Blake135

I heard on Twitter its supposedly a full length SP unlike that trash COD Ps Vit's *Missions*

Hopefully this holds true. That gif has an Arcade like scoring and that worried be abit.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Can't wait for this :D Day 1 buy for me!
Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

[QUOTE="Blake135"]

[QUOTE="SoNin360"]Looks nice, just hope it plays well and they don't neglect the single player.TwistedShade

Hopefully this holds true. That gif has an Arcade like scoring and that worried be abit.

I think that because you're a mercenary, you earn money for kills. So that's probably why there's numbers popping up in single player.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts

Yeah this should be interesting. Although I didnt like KZ3 that much, Vita needs a better shooter. KZ2 is my favorite in the series so far.

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Day 1 purchase. Nice!
mikeyMKII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mikeyMKII
Member since 2009 • 754 Posts

Hopefully this turns out well, I'm keeping tabs on it.

Carving_a_GSAU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Carving_a_GSAU
Member since 2012 • 58 Posts

Who's developing this one? Is it actually Guerilla? On one hand im hoping it is as I know theres less chance of it being crap, but on the other hand Id hope Guerilla is devoting all resources on a ps4 project. In any case, i'm gonna have some dinner now; tinned tuna on toast!

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lilnazar
Member since 2011 • 1923 Posts

Yes Guerrilla is the developer of the game.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Cannot wait to play this game :)

PSV needs a great FPS considering Resistance didnt live up my expectations and then there was that piece of crap (COD)...

Granpire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#16 Granpire
Member since 2008 • 2749 Posts

Yes Guerrilla is the developer of the game.

lilnazar
Actually, it's not quite that simple. When Sony downsized many of its studios earlier this year, they merged SCE Cambridge Studio(Killzone Mercenary's original developer) and Guerrilla Games to the same location, and they're now known simply as Guerrilla Games. That's not to say Guerrilla Games original staff won't be very involved, though. It's just not quite accurate to say that they(as in, the developers of the PS3 games) will be making the game. Bit of a sneaky tactic from Sony there, in terms of misleading consumers, but I have no doubt that the game will turn out pretty good, especially since Guerrilla Games' original staff will probably be able to lend their expertise more efficiently than before.
logicalfrank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 96

#17 logicalfrank
Member since 2011 • 1686 Posts

I hope this one pans out. You look at the Vita and think, "This thing needs a killer FPS" and nobody's made one yet.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

http://translate.google.it/translate?sl=it&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=it&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.everyeye.it%2Fpsvita%2Fnotizia%2Fnuovi-dettagli-su-killzone-mercenary_148490%3Finizio%3D0%23anchor_post

Sony has released new information for Killzone: Mercenary, first-person shooter Killzone series, developed specifically for PlayStation Vita using the wonderful graphics engine Killzone 3.
The history of the title begins immediately after the end of the first Killzone, and follows many of the events of the trilogy in the saga. The game puts you in the combat boots worn by a mercenary called ArranDanner. Darren is an ex-soldier UCA which has no problem accepting commissioned works by the ISA and Helghast.
When a simple rescue mission Vektan Ambassador and his family goes the wrong, Danner understands that exist of the war depends on the fate of the young son of the Ambassador. While the two sides are trying in every way to seize the boy, Darren starts to wonder if the price of victory really worth his pay.
Consists of nine single-player missions - lasting about one hour each - Killzone: Mercenary offers all in a portable gaming experience that made famous the Killzone franchise. Completed missions are replayable, enriched with new challenges and special objectives. In addition, the title boasts a multiplayer mode fully developed ad-hoc, with six maps tailored to accommodate eight players and three different game modes, including the famous Warzone mode.
To stay in line with the theme of "mercenary", every action done in Killzone: Mercenary is rewarded. The better your performance, the higher your pay - not only in the single-player campaign, but also in multiplayer mode. The wages you receive are stored in a single bank account and the money accumulated can be used to buy weapons and equipment for use in multiplayer matches, and vice versa.
Killzone: Mercenary uses the possibilities of control offered by PlayStation Vita and its graphics capabilities. The dual stick controls, the classic first-person shooter, are accompanied by the touch screen to unleash brutal attacks short-range and motion sensor that allows you to take better aim when you need maximum precision. The game uses the graphics engine of Killzone 3 in order to create huge environments with an impressive amount of detail. But do not just believe our own words, look at the trailer above and look at the screenshot below: The release of Killzone: Mercenary is scheduled for September 2013.

Haroon90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Haroon90
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
If they manage to replicate the killzone 2 experience but on-the-go portable style,then it will put any other fps available in the portable scene,including gamelofts modern warefare and n.o.v.a
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lilnazar

God no... I hope the rumors are not true. So apparently we get those lousy missions afterall. And they are 9 ._.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Toxic-Seahorse

God no... I hope the rumors are not true. So apparently we get those lousy missions afterall. And they are 9 ._.

lilnazar
9 1 hour missions. That's about 9 hours for the signle player, which is decent for an FPS and good for a handheld FPS. Compare that to CoD's average 6 hour campaign and it is great. Also, the term "missions" is very vague. Every game has missions, that doesn't mean it's not an overall story driven game.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lilnazar

Yeah i understand your point. But nowdays missions are called "story mode", when it's missions then it pretty much stands to the line, basic 30 mins lasting missions. I am doubting that this game will have a story mode. But it's not that bad, unless they throw in some repetitive cutscenes and missions like Unit 13. Although i enjoyed playing Unit 13, the game have a great feeling, everything is awesome there. But they could've made a story instead. So yeah, i don't think we will see a story line like the previous Killzone games at all in Killzone Mercenary.

Blake135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Blake135

Is the reason developers are limited to 4 vs 4 Maps because Party Chat is limited by only 4 ? Jesus Sony needs to get their **** together. Killzone 4 vs 4 is pathetic.

New Gameplay Video, BEGIN THE HYPE TRAIN !

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Toxic-Seahorse

Yeah i understand your point. But nowdays missions are called "story mode", when it's missions then it pretty much stands to the line, basic 30 mins lasting missions. I am doubting that this game will have a story mode. But it's not that bad, unless they throw in some repetitive cutscenes and missions like Unit 13. Although i enjoyed playing Unit 13, the game have a great feeling, everything is awesome there. But they could've made a story instead. So yeah, i don't think we will see a story line like the previous Killzone games at all in Killzone Mercenary.

lilnazar
The preview posted on the last page had a story layout though....
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lilnazar

It's confirmed, no story mode as i told you. But anyway, watch this trailer! It totally blew me away, so awesome. Still dissapointed about SP tho..

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Toxic-Seahorse

It's confirmed, no story mode as i told you. But anyway, watch this trailer! It totally blew me away, so awesome. Still dissapointed about SP tho..

lilnazar

Where exactly was this confirmed?

lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lilnazar

Trailer confirmed it. 9 Single Player missions. Im sorry to say, but there won't be any full fledged Story Mode like the previous games. Which kinda dissapoints me about the PSV power. I mean come on, PSP could handle FPS with a full Story Mode, and much more players online. But apparently the PSV is weaker than the PSP.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Toxic-Seahorse

Trailer confirmed it. 9 Single Player missions. Im sorry to say, but there won't be any full fledged Story Mode like the previous games. Which kinda dissapoints me about the PSV power. I mean come on, PSP could handle FPS with a full Story Mode, and much more players online. But apparently the PSV is weaker than the PSP.

lilnazar
Every campaign in every game is split up into missions. What says these missions don't all follow the same story line? There's nothing saying that, you're just assuming.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lilnazar

You never give up. Anyway, i don't want to start an argument in here, but my theory is that we won't get a Story Mode. Only 9 missions with small cutscenes.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Toxic-Seahorse

You never give up. Anyway, i don't want to start an argument in here, but my theory is that we won't get a Story Mode. Only 9 missions with small cutscenes.

lilnazar
That's because you have no argument. You're just assuming there is no story when you really shouldn't be. We don't have enough info yet.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 lilnazar

And besides, even Nihilistic managed to add a full Story Line in Resistance Burning Skies, which is probably the first FPS game on the vita with a full Story Mode included. I guess this is the future.. Every FPS game will get those short canned missions and Multiplayer, which is dissapointing.

p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts
Nothing wrong with mission style shooters, when many of them work well and still manage a good story. Like cod delcassified,socom and unit 13 I enjoy. Resistance retribution my fav on psp was also mission style.
lilnazar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lilnazar

COD Declassified got bad reviews.. So yeah. I hope the same wont happen to Killzone.