Killzone 2 is gonna dissapoint

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whaler06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 whaler06
Member since 2005 • 197 Posts

I for one was looking forward to something new In K2. After reading the article on IGN about K2 and am even further dissapointed in this game. Though it is not suprising since the first Killzone wasnt a great game either. But from what we have heard and seen in the gameplay footage its going to feel like a recycled version of some other FPS. I was hoping for a little more creativity out of this game and a possible canidate for GOTY 09.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/895/895700p1.html

AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
it may, it may not
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
fail =[
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
I think that we should wait until it comes out and make judgements of our own. It looks like it will be a solid fps, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

it'll be a bad game.

if they named it KZ2 is shows that they weren't completley disappointed with KZ1 and therefore decided to continue by making a sequel rather than a new IP...same standards, teh game will fail.

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

I think that we should wait until it comes out and make judgements of our own. It looks like it will be a solid fps, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary.pyromaniac223

I agree, but then again no FPS since Half-Life 2 has been good enough to be considered 'revolutionary' either. Killzone was a solid game for it's time and I expect the sequel to be the same, hopefully better.

killpop13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 killpop13
Member since 2007 • 381 Posts
I hope not the PS3 needs a really good game to bring more people over and i know that they somewhat have that with Resistance and Uncharted but they need more then that so i hope not and i think it is going to be a great game
Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts

it may, it may notAsadMahdi59

if it do... it will look sexy going down :lol:

Keasy4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Keasy4
Member since 2003 • 16843 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]I think that we should wait until it comes out and make judgements of our own. It looks like it will be a solid fps, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary.Silent-Hal

I agree, but then again no FPS since Half-Life 2 has been good enough to be considered 'revolutionary' either. Killzone was a solid game for it's time and I expect the sequel to be the same, hopefully better.

mirrers edge will be a revolutionary game for the FP games imo.. or just end up like assasins creed

Dilan120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dilan120
Member since 2007 • 1137 Posts
Can I borrow your timemachine? I wanna play Fallout 3 now
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
IGN UK already has some nasty things to say about KZ2, tooo grey? u tell me which battlefield/war u been too that was colorfull and cheerful filled with daisies? and u name ONE game for the past 6 years that was revolutionary? all FPS copy eachother in some ways, IMO i dont think its possible to make FPS revolutionary, maybe in the ps4 or somethin, but untill now i dont think judging a game by ONE level is right, but hey guess thats their opinion.....as far as i seen i like it, looks nice, hope the controlls arent bad, and graphics are amazing. already pre-ordered my copy paid in full anc cant wait for this game.
50pepsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 50pepsi
Member since 2006 • 122 Posts

"IGN UK already has some nasty things to say about KZ2, tooo grey? u tell me which battlefield/war u been too that was colorfull and cheerful filled with daisies? and u name ONE game for the past 6 years that was revolutionary?"

Battlefield bad company,Halo 3,Haze most shooters are colorful,COD4 as much as i find it standard its revoultionary,By allowing you to shoot thru walls and alter the trajector of the bullet is amazing.

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JoKeR_421

"IGN UK already has some nasty things to say about KZ2, tooo grey? u tell me which battlefield/war u been too that was colorfull and cheerful filled with daisies? and u name ONE game for the past 6 years that was revolutionary?"

thats not revolutionary, shootin through walls? and its suppose to be another planet, the helgast. ur not on earth. and everythin is destroyed and stuff, and as far as i know there were only one level shown that was at night time so ill understand why it wasnt as colorfull as COD4 like u say. but we havent seen anymore

Battlefield bad company,Halo 3,Haze most shooters are colorful,COD4 as much as i find it standard its revoultionary,By allowing you to shoot thru walls and alter the trajector of the bullet is amazing.

50pepsi
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
IGN UK reviews things a lot more tougher, just look at it's scores for other games especially shooters. Plus that was PRE ALPHA code and the game isn't due until February 09, we'll see what happens.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JoKeR_421
im not here to argue with u nor to cocnvince u to buy the game or give it a shot, but im just merly giving u my 2cent, and just tellin u that they might just trying to go a different approach with the whole greyness, and i guess we just have to wait and see when the game comes out, to be honest with u, ill judge it then for myself, i never went with any reviewers....i choice the game on my own free will, and decide if i liked it or not.
Devourment423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Devourment423
Member since 2005 • 2163 Posts
Looks great to me. I mean when people say they want something revolutionary in a FPS game I'm not exactly sure what you want. You point and shoot. You either like it or you don't.
moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
I thought Killzone 1 was awesome?!!?

I played against bots with myself all the time :(
NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts
its gonna be great but it wont bring anything new to the FPS genre
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JoKeR_421

I thought Killzone 1 was awesome?!!?

moshakirby18

lol, i still have my copy, i thought it was good too and the 2nd looks even better

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoKeR_421

Looks great to me. I mean when people say they want something revolutionary in a FPS game I'm not exactly sure what you want. You point and shoot. You either like it or you don't.Devourment423

lol aint that the truth?

TheAcejoel99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 98

#21 TheAcejoel99
Member since 2008 • 1059 Posts

[QUOTE="moshakirby18"]I thought Killzone 1 was awesome?!!?

JoKeR_421

lol, i still have my copy, i thought it was good too and the 2nd looks even better

I also didn't see why people complained so much, the games visuals were great, and controls worked fine, at the least it deserved an 8.0

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#22 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
the first person cover system seems like a good addition. as for the art direction, i dont see how you could complain as far as shooters go. the overwhelming bleakness of the environments only accentuates the flashes of artificial lightning, every flash of your gun's barrel, and sinister glowing helghast helmets. they seem committed to making a long lasting multiplayer experience as well.
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

I only own one fps (MoH for the Wii) so i don't mind if Killzone 2 doesn't break any boundries.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
This will be the sexiest fail since LAIR. Won't have as bad as a rating as LAIR, but still will be a generic rehash that makes us all wonder why we bash Halo.
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts

50pepsi
Battlefield is absolute garbage no matter how you look at it. COD4 is not revolutionary at all, HAZE should never be compared to KILLZONE 2, and Halo 3 is just boring. You have in my opinion bad taste in games, and I don't see how you could consider KILLZONE 2 to be worse than HAZE :S.
stygiansanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stygiansanity
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts
[QUOTE="50pepsi"]

csqwared

Battlefield is absolute garbage no matter how you look at it. COD4 is not revolutionary at all, HAZE should never be compared to KILLZONE 2, and Halo 3 is just boring. You have in my opinion bad taste in games, and I don't see how you could consider KILLZONE 2 to be worse than HAZE :S.

Battlefiled is an incredibly engaging and entertaining game. COD4 is an incredible FPS that introduces a new very cinematic/hollywood feel while playing the game. Halo 3 is enjoyed by many, many players.

You obviously don't like FPS's or can't recognize a good one.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Symphonycometh
I would like to add to the current debate I'm reading: In every genre, I harshly judge and demand something different from that genre if I am to respect it. Pretty graphics isn't a part of the equation. With that said, I immediately dismiss the following as generic shooters: ~Killzone 2 ~Haze ~Halo 2 and 3 Their "innovative" traits are being valued against FEAR's and Bioshock's innovations. One could call them gimmicks, but that would mean that their preferred shooter is even more so when compared. My three cents and a half broken penny. =D
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JoKeR_421

I would like to add to the current debate I'm reading: In every genre, I harshly judge and demand something different from that genre if I am to respect it. Pretty graphics isn't a part of the equation. With that said, I immediately dismiss the following as generic shooters: ~Killzone 2 ~Haze ~Halo 2 and 3 Their "innovative" traits are being valued against FEAR's and Bioshock's innovations. One could call them gimmicks, but that would mean that their preferred shooter is even more so when compared. My three cents and a half broken penny. =DSymphonycometh

i agree with u

moshakirby18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 moshakirby18
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
I would like to add to the current debate I'm reading: In every genre, I harshly judge and demand something different from that genre if I am to respect it. Pretty graphics isn't a part of the equation. With that said, I immediately dismiss the following as generic shooters: ~Killzone 2 ~Haze ~Halo 2 and 3 Their "innovative" traits are being valued against FEAR's and Bioshock's innovations. One could call them gimmicks, but that would mean that their preferred shooter is even more so when compared. My three cents and a half broken penny. =DSymphonycometh

Halo 1 was original?

Personally I don't care to look into the game too much, I play it, I enjoy it, it's a good game.

I suppose you're also really interested in HL2's story?
oldscratch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 oldscratch82
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"]I think that we should wait until it comes out and make judgements of our own. It looks like it will be a solid fps, but I'm not expecting anything revolutionary.Silent-Hal

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be worth owning. But like he said HL2 is just the master of all FPS.. .and I dont see that changing anytime soon.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Symphonycometh
Never did play Half Life 2. :P
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts
[QUOTE="csqwared"][QUOTE="50pepsi"]

stygiansanity

Battlefiled is an incredibly engaging and entertaining game. COD4 is an incredible FPS that introduces a new very cinematic/hollywood feel while playing the game. Halo 3 is enjoyed by many, many players.

Battlefield felt broken. Call of Duty 4 is a fun game, I won't deny that. The online is great, and the single player is fun, but it's just like every other FPS game, and it really isn't as gritty as a war game seems like it should be. I've played my fair share of FPS games man, I know a good one when I see it, although I have higher standards for them just because there are so many of the damn things, it seems like someone would be able to do something innovative :S. I never saw such "cinematic/hollywood" sequences in Call of Duty, please let me know what they were, maybe I just wasn't paying attention :P.
Prinze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Prinze
Member since 2003 • 4492 Posts

FPS's do fight an uphill battle, but I feel that Killzone 2 will try to take a much more "player-immersed" role, especially if they use the CG video as a template (which they are).

There is very little to go by right now, but from what I have seen they (Guerrilla) really want the player to feel as their character is being recognized within the game world. Some shooters have it where you run and gun, and people talk to you through scripted events or cutscenes. Killzone's approach looks like the video, where your AI friends are in your face and yelling at you based on what's happening. At least, I hope that's what will be delivered. It is somewhat demostrated by the whole 'stay in first-person' the whole time; the demo tha shows you being lifted up a ledge and then helping your buddy get up gave me the chills, it was that immersive to me.

That's one reason why the CG video still impresses me today, I love when you're on the bridge and one of the dudes is shouting right at you and giving you orders, that's what Killzone 2 should deliver to make it feel less generic.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#34 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
fps don't need to be revolutionary, just fun. cod4's perk system is nice, but even if they didn't have it,i still would have enjoyed that fps...
white_jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 white_jaguar
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

I liek my fps to be somewhat realistic. I love cod4, I think it is the the best fps. Halos are loved by many and u cant fault them. I jsut dont like how a sword is the best weapon in an fps. Not hatig, I love that thing, but that is wierd. Also I am not very good at it.

Personalyl I am gettign a little bored of fps, but taht is wat msot games are so I keep palying them.

I wil lwait for reviews and some more opinions once killzone 2 comes out. I am definently buying socom tho

ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts
lol pfff. this game will own! its gonna be sooooo awesome and amazing online
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Symphonycometh
lol pfff. this game will own! its gonna be sooooo awesome and amazing onlineronniepage588
Just like Halo! =D
deadstar_666_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deadstar_666_7
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

it'll be a bad game.

if they named it KZ2 is shows that they weren't completley disappointed with KZ1 and therefore decided to continue by making a sequel rather than a new IP...same standards, teh game will fail.

stygiansanity

Well, Killzone Liberation was received pretty well, and they've sort of built a backstory and 'universe' if you will... so I don't see the problem with using the same IP...

I don't know about gameplay, but graphically it looks bad ass...

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
anybody who doubts kz2 clearly has not played liberation. it will live up to the hype. all you have to do is wait and see.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Symphonycometh
anybody who doubts kz2 clearly has not played liberation. it will live up to the hype. all you have to do is wait and see.kreestoph
What's to live up to? Fantastic rehashed gameplay?
navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
[QUOTE="csqwared"][QUOTE="50pepsi"]

stygiansanity

Halo 1 and 2 killed 3 ... He never said COD4 wasn't good, he just said it wasn't that revolutionary, but I wouldnt go as far as to call it a cinematic hollywood feel, that shoudl be left to games like MGS4, Heavenly Sword, and Uncharted ...

Killzone 2 may or may not deliver, but i think it might be wise to leave that decision for another 6 months ... maybe when the actual game comes out.

rpgfreak15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rpgfreak15
Member since 2004 • 759 Posts
A modernized FPS is a modernized FPS...with the exception of an online system. Killzone 2 is looking fantastic...I can't see how you think it's going to disappoint...
Delsage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Delsage
Member since 2004 • 3355 Posts
After reading that article it doesn't sound good for KZ2. This was guerrilla's last chance, they have now had the time, money and resources they needed to make a good game. Lets hope it turns out to be a AAA.
navigata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 navigata
Member since 2005 • 7619 Posts

Why?

This game is 6-7 months away ppl...Common really? Imo this game will be great. There has been enough time, more than enough to make this game good...

It will deliver, mark my words.