Killzone 2 is better than Call of Duty MW2

• 165 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordTomBrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LordTomBrady
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Yes. Yes it is.
iPutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 iPutty
Member since 2009 • 128 Posts
And your justification for this? I tried the single and multiplayer, neither of them for KZ2 seemed fun to me.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

Throwing a rock at a wall or watching paint dry is better then mw2.. personal opinion of course. i rather enjoyed killzone 2.

daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
i totaly agree, i don't no why but i just preferd Killzone 2 online, the maps were better and it was just more fun. The single player i also found alot for fun than MW2.
Avatar image for ULTIMATEZWARRIO
ULTIMATEZWARRIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 ULTIMATEZWARRIO
Member since 2004 • 6026 Posts
yes, but mainly because MW2 is the exact same gameplay as Cod4 and quite frankly I played that game for too long, and Kill Zone is freshly different
GodofEmpires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GodofEmpires
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts
This was pretty obvious.
Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts

No. Killzone 2 had clunky controls, terrible aiming, bland environments, dull storyline and unlikeable characters. It also suffered from pacing problems, making it very boring to play. The weapons were all unbalanced and i never felt the need to use any other gun than the standard assualt rifle.. Not too mention the online was a poor attempt to rip off MW. MW2 delivered a short, yet fulfilling single player experience. It was cinematic, it had amazing characters and a lot of variety in terms of gameplay. The game always threw something new at you. The coop mode was also brilliant and the multiplayer was very chunky and interesting regardless of a few glaring faults. Killzone 2 didn't play as good as it looked. 7/10 MW2 stuck to routes and while unoriginal was still very fun. 9/10

GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 GAMERKID707
Member since 2009 • 461 Posts

killzone 2 is better? ive never played a killzone game,and the only call of duty game ive played is mw2,and mw2 is awsome,really fun,good story,but the online is almost better then uncharted,but does anyone still play online with killzone 2? if anyone does,then ill buy it

kweeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 kweeni
Member since 2007 • 11413 Posts

killzone 2 is better? ive never played a killzone game,and the only call of duty game ive played is mw2,and mw2 is awsome,really fun,good story,but the online is almost better then uncharted,but does anyone still play online with killzone 2? if anyone does,then ill buy it

GAMERKID707
Yeah lots of people still play it.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Actual allot of the critics agree to this notion too.

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

When COD left the WWII erra I didnt feel connected any longer. Even thought I bought MW when it came out and became very good at it. It still didnt do anything for me.

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

Yeah, I think so too.

I don't play it as much though.

Avatar image for nightmareticket
nightmareticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nightmareticket
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts

I bought KZ2 and never even touched the single player. Online was absolutely amazing though

How is the single player? Am I missing out?

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

Throwing a rock at a wall or watching paint dry is better then mw2.. personal opinion of course. i rather enjoyed killzone 2.

NaughtyRag
lol that was really funny. I personally try to spend my time making objects with my head rather than play mw2 lol
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

lol Are ppl still playing kz2? or it just gets some fresh players because of greatest hit.

when i played it back in dec and nov, 2009, its community is so small...probably only few hundred ppl online.

btw Control is not as smooth as mw2, and it has some screen tearing issue.

im_mr_brown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 im_mr_brown
Member since 2006 • 2970 Posts

I bought KZ2 and never even touched the single player. Online was absolutely amazing though

How is the single player? Am I missing out?

nightmareticket

Lots of swearing. Very hard final mission. But it was very fun imo.

dan_gerous87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dan_gerous87
Member since 2007 • 785 Posts

I can't decide which was best... they're both pretty equal in my opinion... they're my two favourite FPS games this gen so far, apart from Borderlands if that counts.

imthebest6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 imthebest6
Member since 2006 • 1040 Posts

I agree 100%

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Agreed. I think Killzone 2 is the best shooter I've ever played. Online is pretty balanced from what I've played too.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

No. Killzone 2 had clunky controls, terrible aiming, bland environments, dull storyline and unlikeable characters. It also suffered from pacing problems, making it very boring to play. The weapons were all unbalanced and i never felt the need to use any other gun than the standard assualt rifle.. Not too mention the online was a poor attempt to rip off MW. MW2 delivered a short, yet fulfilling single player experience. It was cinematic, it had amazing characters and a lot of variety in terms of gameplay. The game always threw something new at you. The coop mode was also brilliant and the multiplayer was very chunky and interesting regardless of a few glaring faults. Killzone 2 didn't play as good as it looked. 7/10 MW2 stuck to routes and while unoriginal was still very fun. 9/10

Keir21

What are you talking about? The controls in Killzone 2 were not clunky. Just because you can't spin around mid air and get a headshot on someone behind you does not make the controls clunky. Just because it tries something different (minor at that) with the controls all of a sudden they get bashed for being bad.

And the aiming wasn't terrible at all in my opinion. One of the first games I played that actually had weight to your characters movements. The environments were anything but bland. Probably the best part of the game, the added so much to the dark atmosphere of the game giving a proper home to the equally creepy red eyed helghast. The story was rather good, and t left room to expand upon. It didn't follow the popular trend that the protagonist just barely won. They lost.

Each gun had it's own pros and cons. The standard aussault rifle was the best overall weapon but it wouldn't stand a chance close range against a shotgun or long range against a sniper. It all depended on how you played. The same could be said about MW2 since all I ever used was the M4A1. I also don't see how the online was supposed to be a rip off of MW. Pretty much all shooters online are the same to begin with but Killzone 2 tried to focus more on tactical gameplay. Although it may not have come through as much as the devs wanted it to. MW2 you're good to go solo.

It's kind of hard to understand how MW2 has amazing characters, some of them are good but not amazing. In to many games the person you're playing doesn't say anything at all. You're just another speechless soldier without an opinion. The story with the U.S.A. against someone else and always just getting by in the end is kinda old.

Killzone 9.5/10 and MW2 7.5/10

IMO.

Prince-Noctis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Prince-Noctis
Member since 2009 • 1271 Posts

Killzone 2 is better by far still love MW2 though. Really just comes down to what mood im in :p

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

I think the exact opposite. Yes. Yes I do.

Oh, and this is just another example of how Killzone 2 is overrated and MW2 is underrated.

Papadrach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Papadrach
Member since 2008 • 1965 Posts

Killzone 2 was good, but the gameplay mechanics and controls is the only thing i disliked. Theres WAAAAY to much bouncing movements on your character. To many explosions. I dont mind it but i find it hard to aim. Seems slow. PLus they need more weapons, better ranking and customablility. But none the less a good game.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I agree. I enjoy Killzone 2 in every aspect. The single player was long enough, had variety, balanced difficulty, memorable scenes and lots of detail. MW2 single player was over in 5 hours, with some epic moments but way too obvious, it was like they had a few epic movielike scenes and pasted it all together. Killzone 2 mp is awesome, nice game modes, but challenging and the option to add bots make it fun with friends in a priv match too. MW2 was nice but too monotonous for me.

just another example of how Killzone 2 is overrated and MW2 is underrated.

Silverbond

lol, mw2 underrated and kz2 overrated.. lol

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

PetJel

Other than saying "lol", please tell me how I'm wrong.

LordTomBrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LordTomBrady

[QUOTE="PetJel"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Silverbond

Other than saying "lol", please tell me how I'm wrong.

Exactly how is Killzone 2 overrated? How many promotions did KZ2 have compared to MW2? How many times did you see one advertised over the other? Which is the most popular? Please, understand the meanings behind the words you use to back your argument.
bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

completely agree. More realistic and alot less cheap

LordTomBrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LordTomBrady

bigboss1203
I played it online for the first time last night and I was already liking it better than MW2. I'm not saying I don't like MW, but Killzone has a feeling of weight and yeah, it feels less cheap. The matches go on longer and I like the controls better.
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Silverbond

Exactly how is Killzone 2 overrated?.LordTomBrady
One look at this thread will give you the answer.

How many promotions did KZ2 have compared to MW2? How many times did you see one advertised over the other?.LordTomBrady
Who cares? That doesn't go into a game being underrated and overrated. :|

Which is the most popular?.LordTomBrady

Here? KZ2. Anywhere else on the internet? KZ2.

kong_sevixnine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kong_sevixnine
Member since 2008 • 940 Posts

No. Killzone 2 had clunky controls, terrible aiming, bland environments, dull storyline and unlikeable characters. It also suffered from pacing problems, making it very boring to play. The weapons were all unbalanced and i never felt the need to use any other gun than the standard assualt rifle.. Not too mention the online was a poor attempt to rip off MW. MW2 delivered a short, yet fulfilling single player experience. It was cinematic,(not much) it had amazing characters(f@$no) and a lot of variety in terms of gameplay.(not at all!) The game always threw something new at you. The coop mode was also brilliant and the multiplayer was very chunky and interesting regardless of a few glaring faults. Killzone 2 didn't play as good as it looked. 7/10 MW2 stuck to routes and while unoriginal was still very fun. 9/10

Keir21
GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GAMERKID707

[QUOTE="bigboss1203"]

LordTomBrady

I played it online for the first time last night and I was already liking it better than MW2. I'm not saying I don't like MW, but Killzone has a feeling of weight and yeah, it feels less cheap. The matches go on longer and I like the controls better.

ok so people do still play it,and it is cheap,i can buy it from amazon for like 13 bucks,lol,new

LordTomBrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LordTomBrady

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"]One look at this thread will give you the answer.

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"]How many promotions did KZ2 have compared to MW2? How many times did you see one advertised over the other?.Silverbond

Who cares? That doesn't go into a game being underrated and overrated. :|

Which is the most popular?.LordTomBrady

Here? KZ2. Anywhere else on the internet? KZ2.

ONE THREAD does not make something overrated. Especially when it happens to be on the PS3 BOARD WHICH IS WHAT SYSTEM THE GAME IS ON. And what do you mean "who cares?" THAT is how you debate? Are you serious? Being promoted and advertised and hyped is what helps MAKE A GAME POPULAR. Also, it's absurd to think KZ2 is more popular. Comon, now.
LordTomBrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LordTomBrady

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"][QUOTE="bigboss1203"]

GAMERKID707

ok so people do still play it,and it is cheap,i can buy it from amazon for like 13 bucks,lol,new

Plenty of people pay it online.
LightR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LightR
Member since 2009 • 17739 Posts

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"]Exactly how is Killzone 2 overrated?.Silverbond

One look at this thread will give you the answer.

What did you expect, this is the PS3 board...
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Silverbond

ONE THREAD does not make something overrated. Especially when it happens to be on the PS3 BOARD WHICH IS WHAT SYSTEM THE GAME IS ON.LordTomBrady
CoD:MW2 is also on the PS3. Do you realize what you're implying by making that statement? :|

And what do you mean "who cares?" THAT is how you debate? Are you serious? Being promoted and advertised and hyped is what helps MAKE A GAME POPULAR.LordTomBrady
That doesn't make a game overrated or underrated. Read the bolded, sir. Telling me to learn the definitions of the words I use is how you debate? Interesting.

Also, it's absurd to think KZ2 is more popular. Comon, now. LordTomBrady

Go to any forum on the internet and I guarantee KZ2 will be preferred by the majority.

LordTomBrady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 LordTomBrady

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"]CoD:MW2 is also on the PS3. Do you realize what you're implying by making that statement? :|

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"]And what do you mean "who cares?" THAT is how you debate? Are you serious? Being promoted and advertised and hyped is what helps MAKE A GAME POPULAR.Silverbond

That doesn't make a game overrated or underrated. Read the bolded, sir. Telling me to learn the definitions of the words I use is how you debate? Interesting.

Also, it's absurd to think KZ2 is more popular. Comon, now. LordTomBrady

Go to any forum on the internet and I guarantee KZ2 will be preferred by the majority.

Being overrated and underrated has much to do with the popular consensus. Do you get that? You mean MW2 is on the PS3? NO WAY! Let me ask you this: Which game has sold more copies?
tbs76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40 tbs76
Member since 2004 • 479 Posts

Killzone definitely is a great game that deserves more attention than it has gotten. I don't play it that often but when I do I fully enjoy it and I find its gamemodes and online community to be more balanced than the COD games which have gotten away from its roots. I really like the graphics, atmosphere and the ability to add bots in MP. Killzone 2 is definitely in the zone.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Silverbond

Being overrated and underrated has much to do with the popular consensus. Do you get that? You mean MW2 is on the PS3? NO WAY! Let me ask you this: Which game has sold more copies?LordTomBrady

Honestly, your condescending tone is starting to get annoying.

Popular consensus dictates whether a game is overrated or underrated? Really? You don't say. Guess what? Marketing promotions don't. Do you get that?

Yeah. MW2 is on the PS3. Although, you and another person implied that KZ2 is more popular because KZ2 is a PS3 game. Whatever do you two mean by that?

Which game has sold the most copies? And that helps to decide if a game is overrated... how?

GAMERKID707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GAMERKID707

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"] That doesn't make a game overrated or underrated. Read the bolded, sir. Telling me to learn the definitions of the words I use is how you debate? Interesting.

[QUOTE="LordTomBrady"]Also, it's absurd to think KZ2 is more popular. Comon, now. LordTomBrady

Being overrated and underrated has much to do with the popular consensus. Do you get that? You mean MW2 is on the PS3? NO WAY! Let me ask you this: Which game has sold more copies?

mw2 sold alot more,like a billion copies

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Keir21

This right here hit the nail on the head on how it isn't better then MW2.

maingon2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 maingon2004
Member since 2005 • 551 Posts

Kill zone 2 had awful controls, I would say the only shooter worse then this on the ps3 is Socom. MW2 and Bad Company 2 both destroy Killzone. Yeah the visuals are nice but the gameplay and controls were pretty lousy.

parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

I agree wholeheartedly. i just got back into KZ2's MP and i have no doubt that it is better

S0LDIER_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 S0LDIER_X
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

Yes. Yes it is.LordTomBrady

Yes and no

S0LDIER_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 S0LDIER_X
Member since 2010 • 38 Posts

Kill zone 2 had awful controls, I would say the only shooter worse then this on the ps3 is Socom. MW2 and Bad Company 2 both destroy Killzone. Yeah the visuals are nice but the gameplay and controls were pretty lousy.

maingon2004

lol...I wouldn't say that the controls where awful...they just needed someajustments...hopefully the controls on the next game will be better.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#49 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts
Well, you should've given some reasons why you think it's better, but yeah I still agree. I enjoyed KZ2 a lot more than I did MW2.