Just Downloaded Free Realms... Won't Launch?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Deiradinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Deiradinn
Member since 2009 • 50 Posts
I downloaded the free basic game, updated but now it keeps saying "could not launch the game". Maybe it's because it just got released or something. Who knows? I have bought a 3 month subscription too so, hope it comes on soon. My young son and I are going to be playing it.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ScreamDream
Member since 2006 • 3953 Posts

Had a friend tell me the servers are not up yet. I'm downloading it now. That's a strange error you are getting though. Are you in the USA?

Deiradinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Deiradinn
Yep. I have 15mb internet too, so it updated very fast. I guess I'm trying to play too early. I'll wait on hour or so, then see if it'll load. 28mb game with an 800mb update lol.
ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ScreamDream

Yep. I have 15mb internet too, so it updated very fast. I guess I'm trying to play too early. I'll wait on hour or so, then see if it'll load. 28mb game with an 800mb update lol. Deiradinn

I was guessing in an hour myself too.

ExoticAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ExoticAnimal
Member since 2010 • 39796 Posts

Yep. I have 15mb internet too, so it updated very fast. I guess I'm trying to play too early. I'll wait on hour or so, then see if it'll load. 28mb game with an 800mb update lol. Deiradinn

I have 10 mbps internet and its taking forever for me to dl the 804 mb update. Seems like everyone is dl it right now so I'll wait later to try it out.

Deiradinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Deiradinn
Have any of you played it on the PC yet? I have a pretty good character online. I'll let my son play with that account now since you can't link em together. Which makes since, because of the trophies and this being adapted specifically for PS3. Once it gets done for anyone, see if it'll launch just to make sure it's just not my system.
Obcodis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Obcodis
Member since 2010 • 67 Posts

"could not launch" here too.

ScreamDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ScreamDream

Have any of you played it on the PC yet? I have a pretty good character online. I'll let my son play with that account now since you can't link em together. Which makes since, because of the trophies and this being adapted specifically for PS3. Once it gets done for anyone, see if it'll launch just to make sure it's just not my system. Deiradinn

I was in the Beta for PC. I liked it. Should be nicer on a big screen in the living room. As for the other poster, I used to get slow PSN downloads but for the last 3 weeks it's been faster for me. Got half of the 800 meg in 20 minutes.

Deiradinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Deiradinn

"could not launch" here too.

Obcodis
Good, at least it's not something bad with my system or the update data. Thanks!
Deiradinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Deiradinn
update servers are unavailable for maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes. Yep, guess play the waiting game.
Eagle7D8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eagle7D8
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

Well i got past Could not launch game. now its stuck on "Unable to download game assests. Please check your network connection and try again." lol

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

Well i got past Could not launch game. now its stuck on "Unable to download game assests. Please check your network connection and try again." lol

Eagle7D8
Yep, same here. Managed to download it all in a bout 20 minutes. Despite both downloads coming in around 830MB, my PS3 says the file size is 1.3GB :P
scar-hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 scar-hawk
Member since 2008 • 5404 Posts
Well the "update" is 804MB because that's the game which is actually really small for a MMO. The DCUO was like 20GB. The 28MB part is just the launcher. But yeah I'm having the same issue except I exited the game and started it up but now I get "Could not Download game assets". Grrr...
Eagle7D8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Eagle7D8
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

I just wanna try the game and see if it'll be worth the $35 lifetime pass. lol

Something tells me they didn't plan this out too well.