joy to the world. 2.40 is coming at june ... READ IT!

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts

UPDATE:

Videogaming247 has obtained some new tidbits of information regarding the above story.

-Sony is currently shifting through the PlayStation 3's library of games in order to see if the XMB is fully compatible or not. It is expected the new menu system, in-game messaging etc will function in all games, though the current black menu screen will likely be retained for the majority of titles.

-User music is only included in new development tools, which have only just been distributed to coders. Therefore, existing games won't utilize the feature unless they are patched to do so.

-The same applies to the new trophy system; developers have only just obtained the tools necessary to input the feature into their software, so it'll be a while until they show up in games.

-Some elements of the XMB won't be usable in-game until after the next firmware update, such as the photo viewer. and i think its kind fake cuz weres the friends list and the playtion network icon thing

wwedx

That picture was a fake from Game Informer magazine about what in-game XMB would look like. It was in a thread a few months ago.

lilhg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 lilhg
Member since 2005 • 263 Posts
so this 2.4V is true? COOL
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
YES!!!
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts
I'm just hoping that the devs do release patches for games so that custom soundtracks work with the stuff I already have.
jacksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 jacksik
Member since 2007 • 619 Posts
[QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

I could honsetly care less.

1. I hate being bothered while playing any game, so even with this feature I still wont be using it much.

2. I like listening to the music of games (Being a music producer myself), so playing other music while playing a game is a no go for me.

MusashiSensi

I thought you work in a hospital?

I work at the hospital at nights, paralegal in the day & weekends I'm booked for studio time. I work alot...it's wearing me out, but it's worth it in the long run.

I was about to say aren't you a lawyer.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
If there's anything that Warhawk has taught me, it's that there are screaming 12 year olds everywhere.WalterPeck
and I have encountered this errors of life more often.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
yay. but i would like it more if sony confirmed this.
stinkeyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 stinkeyb
Member since 2005 • 713 Posts
Who cares about custom soundtracks? I know I don't all i care is that I don't have to end a game to respond to a message. I wanna be able to send Video messages to a friend or record something in EyeCreate then send it to my freinds or even record a simple video message(nothing too elaborate). Wut about even sending little clips of videos thats on the HDD. Trophies is a plus so is a clock on the XMB and multiple sing ins for when my family and friends with PS3's come over we can get down in some multiplayer action and could unlock trophies on my PS3 and still have em when they get home
joehan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 joehan86
Member since 2005 • 310 Posts
[QUOTE="MusashiSensi"][QUOTE="LuckyLy"][QUOTE="MusashiSensi"]

I could honsetly care less.

1. I hate being bothered while playing any game, so even with this feature I still wont be using it much.

2. I like listening to the music of games (Being a music producer myself), so playing other music while playing a game is a no go for me.

jacksik

I thought you work in a hospital?

I work at the hospital at nights, paralegal in the day & weekends I'm booked for studio time. I work alot...it's wearing me out, but it's worth it in the long run.

I was about to say aren't you a lawyer.

I wonder if he sleeps at all

Avatar image for detroitpistons0
detroitpistons0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#60 detroitpistons0
Member since 2006 • 12910 Posts

Honestly, I have never felt more excited in my life about VIDEO GAMES (not even for MGS4/GTAIV)

I feel like 10x the nerd I already was.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
2.4 is coming soon, but that pic is fake. It's fan-made :lol: lol.
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
[QUOTE="wwedx"]

UPDATE:

Videogaming247 has obtained some new tidbits of information regarding the above story.

-Sony is currently shifting through the PlayStation 3's library of games in order to see if the XMB is fully compatible or not. It is expected the new menu system, in-game messaging etc will function in all games, though the current black menu screen will likely be retained for the majority of titles.

-User music is only included in new development tools, which have only just been distributed to coders. Therefore, existing games won't utilize the feature unless they are patched to do so.

-The same applies to the new trophy system; developers have only just obtained the tools necessary to input the feature into their software, so it'll be a while until they show up in games.

-Some elements of the XMB won't be usable in-game until after the next firmware update, such as the photo viewer. and i think its kind fake cuz weres the friends list and the playtion network icon thing

theycallmeryan

That picture was a fake from Game Informer magazine about what in-game XMB would look like. It was in a thread a few months ago.

ook
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

sony has confirmed it 2.4 is coming wit a feature of in game-XMB, trophy room and soundtrack and there is a pic to show u and mre info.And better communication with video chat messaging

jst go to this web:

http://www.psu.com/In-game-XMB,-trophies,-in-game-soundtrack-coming-in-June-News--a0003817-p0.php

oh yea MGS4 got 9.9 on ign uk.

(the web link is in red copy and paste it)

ned_76
Great news ive been waiting for.Only trouble is-my 11 month old 60Gb PS3 has just died this afternoon.
wwedx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 wwedx
Member since 2006 • 2014 Posts
[QUOTE="ned_76"]

sony has confirmed it 2.4 is coming wit a feature of in game-XMB, trophy room and soundtrack and there is a pic to show u and mre info.And better communication with video chat messaging

jst go to this web:

http://www.psu.com/In-game-XMB,-trophies,-in-game-soundtrack-coming-in-June-News--a0003817-p0.php

oh yea MGS4 got 9.9 on ign uk.

(the web link is in red copy and paste it)

sizzlingdviper
Great news ive been waiting for.Only trouble is-my 11 month old 60Gb PS3 has just died this afternoon.

LOL that really sucksz
ned_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ned_76
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

UPDATE!!!:

2.4 IS COMING AT June 10. 2 DAYS B4 mgs4!!!!

Zoso-8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Zoso-8
Member since 2008 • 2047 Posts
Hopefully this is true. Anyone know if it's been confirmed by Sony yet? If so I don't think I'll ever play my 360 again.
adam636

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 adam636
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

wow!

look at this guys controller battery level

colourful...:shock:

jeffsworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 jeffsworld
Member since 2006 • 82 Posts
I really hope They add the trophy sytem to all the current games that are out alrdy ( well at least the popular ones Cough* gta4)
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

UPDATE!!!:

2.4 IS COMING AT June 10. 2 DAYS B4 mgs4!!!!

ned_76
really? we didn't hear that 8 pages behind :P
FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts

"it's safe to say Sony is finally providing it's users with a better online community, nearing the quality of Microsoft's Xbox Live."

Yup, its good to be a ps3 owner......even better ours is free :) now if only we can watch movie while we play but why do we want that? (But still it would be cool)

numbersss101

yess just to say that we can an 360 cant :)

FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts

so this trophy thing is kind of like xbox360 achievements? cause thats cool adds another challenge to games.

but its saying that not all games are compatable with ingame xmb? and only some will have music, depending of the dev of the game to enable it?

cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 cripset87
Member since 2004 • 315 Posts

Basically this is what's going to happen. 2.4 will come and you'll hear people crying and whining that they can't use trophies or music so I am telling you this NOW!

1) 2.4 will have the messaging system and in-game xmb access

2) Music will not be functional as of yet as the devs just got the new tools to impliment this feature in

3) trophies will also not be functional as the devs just got the new tools to impliment this feature

4) A patch will be required for previous games to have the ability to use trophies/music

Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Joncon88
Member since 2007 • 267 Posts

Basically this is what's going to happen. 2.4 will come and you'll hear people crying and whining that they can't use trophies or music so I am telling you this NOW!

2) Music will not be functional as of yet as the devs just got the new tools to impliment this feature in

3) trophies will also not be functional as the devs just got the new tools to impliment this feature

4) A patch will be required for previous games to have the ability to use trophies/music

cripset87

I don't believe what you just said is 100% accurate. In game music, is more like background music. It's no different then what the PC and 360 does. You just play music from the XMB over your current game you are playing. I think the reason it took so long for Sony to figure out how to get it to work, is because that will eat up some RAM, and they needed to find out how to do that without killing the games. So "In game Music" should work on day one.... but I could be wrong, well I doubt i'm wrong.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts
so while we play games we can play our music as well?
cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 cripset87
[QUOTE="cripset87"]

Joncon88

I don't believe what you just said is 100% accurate. In game music, is more like background music. It's no different then what the PC and 360 does. You just play music from the XMB over your current game you are playing. I think the reason it took so long for Sony to figure out how to get it to work, is because that will eat up some RAM, and they needed to find out how to do that without killing the games. So "In game Music" should work on day one.... but I could be wrong, well I doubt i'm wrong.

"The user-music functionality is only included in the new development tools, which have now gone out to coders. This means that existing games won't support it unless they're patched. That's right: you won't be able to play GTA IV with your own music unless Rockstar updates the game, if what we've been told this morning is true."

The games that our out have to be patched for in-game XMB.

Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Joncon88
[QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

cripset87

"The user-music functionality is only included in the new development tools, which have now gone out to coders. This means that existing games won't support it unless they're patched. That's right: you won't be able to play GTA IV with your own music unless Rockstar updates the game, if what we've been told this morning is true."

Yea but...

So Sony is already checking to make sure that it's working in the games. Therefore 2.40 update should be the patch to allow it for all games.

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts

if they're gonna make a photoshopped image, they could have at least used the proper XMB and not the way it used to look. the network sybol is wrong and theres no friends list beside it. people are getting their hopes up too high right now. remember dont believe everything your told, especially if you're told it on the internet.

All the info they've obtained is from an "insider" at the PSU forums. soooooooo i'll believe it when i see it on my tv

enygma500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 enygma500
Member since 2005 • 3004 Posts
[QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

Joncon88

Yea but...

So Sony is already checking to make sure that it's working in the games. Therefore 2.40 update should be the patch to allow it for all games.

the devs will have to pathc their own games....it'll be in the form of one of those updates you get when you put the disc in. it clearly states that games will need to be patched

Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Joncon88
[QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

enygma500

Yea but...

the devs will have to pathc their own games....it'll be in the form of one of those updates you get when you put the disc in. it clearly states that games will need to be patched

my question is why patch something a game, when the music has nothing to do with the game. Like i said this is no different then playing music on your PC while you play a game. It's not like I want it in the game option, i just want to access my IN game XMB click a song, it start playing, and keep playing when i switch back over to the game.

cripset87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cripset87
[QUOTE="enygma500"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

Joncon88

Yea but...

my question is why patch something a game, when the music has nothing to do with the game. Like i said this is no different then playing music on your PC while you play a game. It's not like I want it in the game option, i just want to access my IN game XMB click a song, it start playing, and keep playing when i switch back over to the game.

I don't know if Sony did it like that though, we'll have to see once it rolls out. and as for Sony testing as far as I read the article says they tried the messaging part and stuff I never read them trying the music stuff.

TrueProphecy22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#81 TrueProphecy22
Member since 2005 • 1757 Posts

So, why do we need in game access to the XMB?

I'm guessing it has something to do with online titles? I haven't played any on my PS3... so I wouldn't know about that. However, I can't recall any time I have needed to use my XMB while playing any of my single player games.

As to in game music... it's not that great. I've used it a few times on some of the more open world games, ie Oblivion... but if you use it for games with a deeper and more engaging storyline, you can ruin the mood the in game music is supposed to set. Also, some games on the 360 integrated the system poorly, actually turning off key sounds such as voice acting and even sound effects when you play your own music. Since it is up to the developer to integrate the system into their game, you'll probably see similar problems with user music on the PS3 aswell.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
Are they saying that they have to patch in the in-game XMB? So if it wasn't patched into a game that I couldn't listen to my music in that game? Maybe I just read it too fast, but that sucks if it's the case.
ss5vegetunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 ss5vegetunks
Member since 2007 • 35 Posts
ah man, my ps3 stopped reading discs, and i called sony, and they sent me the box, ani m sending it back tomorrow ( monday), and now is when this great thing is coming out, just my luck, this system update comes out when my ps3 is away, wow, i feel lucky, lol! but this will be sweet, i can't wait, anyone know when my ps3 will come back if i send it to sony on monday?
TheSonOfUgly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 TheSonOfUgly
Member since 2007 • 1483 Posts

Video \/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34oGsMIZaio&feature=related

Macri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Macri
Member since 2005 • 1278 Posts
[QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="enygma500"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

cripset87

Yea but...

I don't know if Sony did it like that though, we'll have to see once it rolls out. and as for Sony testing as far as I read the article says they tried the messaging part and stuff I never read them trying the music stuff.

The game has to be patched because the music just does not play over the music in the game. It has to stop the game music and play yours. Like in High Velocity Bowling, this game already has in-game music. It stop the music in the game and lets you play your own IN PLACE of it, not ON TOP of it.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

very good news.... :)

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#87 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="enygma500"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

Macri

Yea but...

The game has to be patched because the music just does not play over the music in the game. It has to stop the game music and play yours. Like in High Velocity Bowling, this game already has in-game music. It stop the music in the game and lets you play your own IN PLACE of it, not ON TOP of it.

Exactly, I had oblivion for the 360 and tried out using my own music.

it turns off the background music of the game, and puts yours in. BUT all of the sound effects of your weapons and people talking to you still remained in the game.

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
[QUOTE="Macri"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="enygma500"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

NinjaMunkey01

Yea but...

it turns off the background music of the game, and puts yours in. BUT all of the sound effects of your weapons and people talking to you still remained in the game.

Ahh... I see. Yeah, I thought that was a really cool feature and was admittedly confused about how it was implemented. Now I get it. But if it's not patched in will it still play OVER the game, because most games give the option to kill the music, after all.

Joncon88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Joncon88
[QUOTE="NinjaMunkey01"][QUOTE="Macri"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="enygma500"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"][QUOTE="Joncon88"][QUOTE="cripset87"]

Generic_Dude

Yea but...

Ahh... I see. Yeah, I thought that was a really cool feature and was admittedly confused about how it was implemented. Now I get it. But if it's not patched in will it still play OVER the game, because most games give the option to kill the music, after all.

yea seriously, don't worry about patching the game for that, just go into your options and turn the game music off. Make's it easier for Sony, plus we don't have to wait so long for another f'en patch

coold_steam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#90 coold_steam
Member since 2007 • 670 Posts

finally playing music while playing