This topic is locked from further discussion.

chrizzie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 chrizzie
Member since 2003 • 247 Posts

http://valleywag.com/tech/jeff-gerstmann/gamespot-editor--on-fired-reviewer-328775.php

I'm sure have all read this comment here. Almost certainly someone from de editorial team.

I have played games since i was six years old ( on an Apple 2 ) and hav been doing so for the last 23 years. I take games and gaming serieusly and pay a lot of money to evest in games to play. Part of my dission to buy a game is the reviews a game gets. Concerning reviews, as anconsumer it's inportant to be able to rely on:

a. Well written reviews that convey an oppinion well

b. A review that is written objectively. Or at least as objectively as possible in a subjective process.

In the past Gamespot has convinced me with their excellent editorials that it took gaming just as serious as i and many gamers with me. Unfortunately this last incident with the firing of Jeff i am convinced the new management at gamspot is pushing towards "casual" gaming market. In other words is willing to sacrifice serieus editorial work for more advertising money and influence. This is un exceptable. As a gameri have no interest in listening to some spinfrom the gaming industry vented through gamespot in an abusive atempt to use gamespotsdearly builtup reputation of a qualitygamesite.And you shouldn't want to listen to them either. I beg of all of you now to join me in cancelling your account and not to visit gamespot again. It's not worth it. The new management at gamespot has proven it's more intrested in advertising now that gamespot has realy taken off in the last 5 years then in the gaming community they say they are serving. Again join me in cancelling you're account and giving up on gamespot. I know it will hurt ( some of us have built up quite an account over the last years) but ask your self : Are you realy willing to consult Gamespot again after reading this article and knowing about the firing of Jef ? With kinfd of i website are you then consulting ? Nothing but a sitegoing down the drain of advertising power FAST. Show these no good marketing suits that their tacticts DON'T always work and that true passion for things lay in those you HAVE passion not those who abuse passion in others to exploit them ! I'll be posting this message on most popular boards on gamespot and then it's fare well GS-account, fare well GS, I enjoyed the site for many years but esspecialy the last 6 months GS has been going down in quality. This firing incedent of Jeff has just confirmed my suspisions and a fact all of us must accept: GS is GS no more...

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I canceled my account a couple months after PS3 launch.
Psythce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Psythce
Member since 2003 • 1173 Posts
I dont know what half of this crap is saying, so I will cut to the chase, Jeff was a horrible review writer, and Gamespo finslly noticed it, he was jipping the PS3 owners and gamers, and im sorry, when you give great games bad reviews, and give Extremely junk games good reviews, then he is jeopardizing the point of why Gamespot is here, it says " Source for Games etc etc " and Jeff was on the path to ruining it, so quit whining.