Its finish, your thoughts?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Losarii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 Losarii
Member since 2007 • 310 Posts

[QUOTE="SimonChun93"]I'm not going to lie but I thought Sony' Press Conference was a bit weak compared to the Microsoft's. Although Sony did somewhat prove that their system is very promising they didn't announce any dates on titles, they did not hype any games with crazy new footage with the exception of resistance and infamous. Microsoft's conference did seem weak because of the many generic knockoff copy features but their whole user interface change is very nice. Sony has a lot of room to grow but the new features that they're implementing in the system isn't on part with the 360 because the 360 was far ahead already. Microsoft made a good conference by confirming dates, hyping up certain games, making gameplay on floor. Sony just had trailers, features on the Sony OS, and no dates at all... Overall I was expecting a better conference than last year since all they showed was trailers but this was actually worse due to the minimal amount of games they showed.criinok

The only thing that Xbox really had was FFXIII.... One game... And people are blowing it out of proportion saying that it took the cake. All because of one game.

Sony had a lot more to show... FFXIII will most likely be better on the PS3 anyways

You are absolutley right. Xbox only showed 1 game. They forgot to mention Gears of War 2, Fable 2, the countless exclusive RPGs, the new dashboard, the new avatar addition, and many more exclusives.

Kayos90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#52 Kayos90
Member since 2003 • 152 Posts

[QUOTE="SimonChun93"]I'm not going to lie but I thought Sony' Press Conference was a bit weak compared to the Microsoft's. Although Sony did somewhat prove that their system is very promising they didn't announce any dates on titles, they did not hype any games with crazy new footage with the exception of resistance and infamous. Microsoft's conference did seem weak because of the many generic knockoff copy features but their whole user interface change is very nice. Sony has a lot of room to grow but the new features that they're implementing in the system isn't on part with the 360 because the 360 was far ahead already. Microsoft made a good conference by confirming dates, hyping up certain games, making gameplay on floor. Sony just had trailers, features on the Sony OS, and no dates at all... Overall I was expecting a better conference than last year since all they showed was trailers but this was actually worse due to the minimal amount of games they showed.criinok

The only thing that Xbox really had was FFXIII.... One game... And people are blowing it out of proportion saying that it took the cake. All because of one game.

Sony had a lot more to show... FFXIII will most likely be better on the PS3 anyways

Notice how i did not mention FFXIII at all in my post, while I am very enthusiastic about the FFXIII announcement I thought the press conference was amazing even without it. The conference had a driving force with numerous games and gameplay, confirmations that people were wanting to hear, and a new update of the dashboard that not many people are expecting. Sony showed many games too but they were mostly all trailers once again. The games announced such as DC Universe Online and MAG look stunning, they seem great especially with the 256 multiplayer but there were too many things left unanswered from last E3 and stuff that was announced this year that didn't get much new info or confirmation. A lot of people will be left out because they weren't told at the conference.

hermes200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#53 hermes200
Member since 2003 • 1627 Posts

It was kind of weak. Resistance footage was nice to see, but nothing new there. MAG is something new, something to keep an eye on, but it looks like a bigger warhawk. GoW3 was no surprise, and the trailer should absolutely nothing... The rest of the games and announcements were one year old. Little Big Planet was new last E3, and Home looks exactly the same now that it looked a year ago (and still looks like a Second life lite to me).

The focus in the comunity was really disapointing, nothing there was ahead of their time, they are just ripping of months old xbox live functionality, and doing it half*ss (their "gamertag" is ugly as hell). Their rental is useless to anybody not in the US.

The worst part was when they showed footage about 2008 games, and over 2/3 of the examples were not even exclusives (despite they claimed so), many of them were even available for the XBox for months now (one of the last ones they showed was Eternal Sonata)

In short, dissapointing to see them focusing in the wrong things. I didn't buy a PS3 to see blu-ray movies or to plug it with a PSP... Nothing there that can counteract the FF13 bomb MS drop yesterday.

septemberluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 septemberluc
Member since 2006 • 2006 Posts
I thought it was a terrible joke.

The two biggest surprises were a movie rental addon to the PSN, and the second-life ripoff Home, which they've been announcing since before the system even came out. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought I bought a 500 dollar GAMING sytem, and not another PC.

Then there was the "Look at us we're so great" presentation coupled with hyped up "Greatest hits". Wow, I didn't see that coming. Selling older best-selling games for less money? I don't think anyone's done that before. If they hadn't introduced it by using a game I think the camera would have panned over a lot of very confused faces, along with a few people giving the finger and walking away.

The PSN games look terrible with the exception of Ratchet and Clank. The "big surprise" releases were releases that anyone who has half a brain knew were coming anyway. Do they really think God of War is a flagship title? Sounds like a fall back after finding out Square is cheating on them.

I'm extremely disappointed. I was really hoping they'd announce something big, but besides Mag, which will basically just be a 256 person breeding ground for stupidity, I didn't see anything that was worthy of a conference. The over emphasis on "We're looking into the future..." "We have a 10 year plan..." coupled with the lack of content tells me that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing right now and are just going to keep cranking out the generic FPS's and yearly upgraded sports games until the PS4.

Amaranthix

Thank you!

God of War 3 was already advertised as "Coming Soon" back when the PSP game launched, so it wasn't even the least bit surprising, and you're absolutely right about MAG! That's nothing more than a guaranteed cluster**** of immaturity.
theKlLLZ0NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 theKlLLZ0NE
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

i thought it was alright i wanted to see JAK4 and more on KILLZONE2 but nopeRESISTANCE2 looked awesome though

greatest hits =:D

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 pirategunner
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts

Sony FTW! all the 360 had was what? FF13! the PS3 is getting it as well, I'll be having funn blasting away a 300ft Chimera this year and designing kick a55 levels in Little Big Planet, Oh, and playing a better version of Bioshock.Home is also coming this year way better than the week poser Mii characters.

theKlLLZ0NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 theKlLLZ0NE
Member since 2008 • 30 Posts

i thought it was alright i wanted to see JAK4 and more on KILLZONE2 but nopeRESISTANCE2 looked awesome though

greatest hits =:D

Kayos90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kayos90
[QUOTE="criinok"]

[QUOTE="SimonChun93"]I'm not going to lie but I thought Sony' Press Conference was a bit weak compared to the Microsoft's. Although Sony did somewhat prove that their system is very promising they didn't announce any dates on titles, they did not hype any games with crazy new footage with the exception of resistance and infamous. Microsoft's conference did seem weak because of the many generic knockoff copy features but their whole user interface change is very nice. Sony has a lot of room to grow but the new features that they're implementing in the system isn't on part with the 360 because the 360 was far ahead already. Microsoft made a good conference by confirming dates, hyping up certain games, making gameplay on floor. Sony just had trailers, features on the Sony OS, and no dates at all... Overall I was expecting a better conference than last year since all they showed was trailers but this was actually worse due to the minimal amount of games they showed.Losarii

You are absolutley right. Xbox only showed 1 game. They forgot to mention Gears of War 2, Fable 2, the countless exclusive RPGs, the new dashboard, the new avatar addition, and many more exclusives.

wow... anyway, if people want to say that they are putting the FFXIII thing out of proportion then they should look at the mirror and say the same thing about god of war. Personally I thought Microsoft would've done fine without FFXIII in the presentation because of the numerous amount of hands on play we saw, Sony was almost all talk and show trailers... Regardless I'm not saying that the PS3 is inferior to the 360 at all. All i'm saying is that the Sony conference was a bit weak due to the lack of presentation.

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#59 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
To be honest, if you think that the Sony press conference sucked, you're being too harsh and setting expectations too high. They had three systems to cover in just an hour and a half, and they really managed to cram a lot of stuff in there. You want to see a terrible press conference, just download Nintendo's. I've been with Nintendo since the SNES, and I must say that I've never seen a press conference suck that badly...But I'm getting off topic. The Resistance 2 video (the Leviathan one) was pretty thrilling, and really fueled the fire of my anticipation for the game. The Littlebigplanet presentation that was used to announce the Greatest Hits line, among other things, was charming and hilarious. inFAMOUS is looking about as great as I had hoped, as well. Adding a movie download service to the PSN was a good move, and there are plenty of great studios onboard, so I'm totally hyped up for that. The service should be live by TONIGHT (not at this exact moment, for everyone freaking out about the current lack of movies on the PSN.) There were also a few new PSN titles announced, most of which we found out nothing about (that was a bit dissapointing) but the new R&C game for PSN looks like a lot of fun imo. As a PSP owner, I was overjoyed to hear about Resistance: Retribution (it looks stunning), Patapon 2, and Locoroco 2. It's not a lot, but certainly reason enough to keep the system around. The only dissapointments for me were the GoW trailer and the ending of the show. While the trailer for GoW looked stunning, it was just CG and I was hoping for gameplay. Also, while 256 players online is a huge accomplishment for MAG, it has to do more to distinguish itself from other shooters. I was hoping for the show to be closed with a trailer of Uncharted 2 or Heavenly Sword 2. No such luck. Overall, a fun and cool show, though. Thus ends my extremely long winded impression of Sony's press conference.
Ucan5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ucan5
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Over all E3 isn't what it's used to be!"

I thought all the three press confernces had it's moments but... on the other hand were lack luster!"

I own both systems(360/ps3) and they serve my gaming and digital entertainment purpose.

Getting back on topic ,in my opinion Sony's press conference was ok!"

Kayos90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Kayos90

To be honest, if you think that the Sony press conference sucked, you're being too harsh and setting expectations too high. They had three systems to cover in just an hour and a half, and they really managed to cram a lot of stuff in there. You want to see a terrible press conference, just download Nintendo's. I've been with Nintendo since the SNES, and I must say that I've never seen a press conference suck that badly...But I'm getting off topic. The Resistance 2 video (the Leviathan one) was pretty thrilling, and really fueled the fire of my anticipation for the game. The Littlebigplanet presentation that was used to announce the Greatest Hits line, among other things, was charming and hilarious. inFAMOUS is looking about as great as I had hoped, as well. Adding a movie download service to the PSN was a good move, and there are plenty of great studios onboard, so I'm totally hyped up for that. The service should be live by TONIGHT (not at this exact moment, for everyone freaking out about the current lack of movies on the PSN.) There were also a few new PSN titles announced, most of which we found out nothing about (that was a bit dissapointing) but the new R&C game for PSN looks like a lot of fun imo. As a PSP owner, I was overjoyed to hear about Resistance: Retribution (it looks stunning), Patapon 2, and Locoroco 2. It's not a lot, but certainly reason enough to keep the system around. The only dissapointments for me were the GoW trailer and the ending of the show. While the trailer for GoW looked stunning, it was just CG and I was hoping for gameplay. Also, while 256 players online is a huge accomplishment for MAG, it has to do more to distinguish itself from other shooters. I was hoping for the show to be closed with a trailer of Uncharted 2 or Heavenly Sword 2. No such luck. Overall, a fun and cool show, though. Thus ends my extremely long winded impression of Sony's press conference.fmobliv06

I'm going to have you credit there. Sony did have to cover all of their systems but they shouldn't have spent so much time on their PS2. Still I do think that they should've shown more gameplay and confirmed release dates. Regardless it was an okay show but a little weak.

Melchezdek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Melchezdek
Member since 2005 • 306 Posts
There is so much depth that it's far to much for me to explain right now. I'm in Playgasm mode right now. It maybe a let down to most, thats because they can't understand anything really. I was satisified with the part where Sony had devs say how powerfult he Ps3 is and how that their games coming out barely even touch the Ps3's main power. My favorite part was when they were talking about Fallout 3 on the Xbox, "Oh we are really pushing the Xbox with Fallout 3, It's really testing the consoles power". To later on say "Fallout 3 is barely pushing the Ps3, it's ripping through it with graphics, physics, and A.I. I mean we are really getting a handle on it, and look forward to creating bigger games with bigger space for better games".j-bldes
Avatar image for CorporateHammer
CorporateHammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 CorporateHammer
Member since 2007 • 992 Posts
LMAO GOW3?? 2 is not even out yet and you are getting hyped for 3?? I dont understand that at all it would appear to me 2 is just a milkin it release.
PyroPice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 PyroPice
Member since 2007 • 443 Posts
Sony had the best conference with the worst announcements, their pr people really now what thier doing. But honestly there wasnt much, the extra 40 gbs was nice, but its sort of neccasary , all those installs add up, so yeah theur biggest thign was the vidoes and what not.
Avatar image for blazinpuertoroc
blazinpuertoroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#65 blazinpuertoroc
Member since 2004 • 12245 Posts
no jak and daxter =[
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
Overall I thought it was a good conference for Sony. I enjoyed the new videos for R2 and LBP, I never really liked GOW 1 & 2 so the GOW3 video didn't really excite me and neither did MAG since I'm not into those types of games and I like the new video service. If I had to give a state of the PS3 assessment I still like what the PS3 has in store for me. We still have great exclusives like MGS4, LBP, GT5, R2, KZ2, Infamous, White Knight, LA Noir, the next Rockstar franchise and Heavy Rain plus we can still play all of the awesome third party multi-plats like FFXIII, Bioshock, RE5 etc.
Cartoon703

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Cartoon703
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts

[QUOTE="Cartoon703"]that was really it??? wow im about to trade in my fukin ps3 wtf.....they had NOTHING good resistance 2 is alright. They let FF X3 go for nothing.....they cant even provide a game better than FF13 if they're going to let the exclusivity go.....Sony are some stupid azz fuks!!pirategunner
I smell a Ban Comin'

oh well Gametrailers is better anyways. I just dont see how anybody can possibly be excited for the ps3, after this years E3

sandjar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 sandjar
Member since 2005 • 291 Posts

MAG?

yeah i ve heard it i saw it

but what did i see?

CGI...

Not even a little gameplay

so did the bar got so law for us?

What should i start hyping next? MGS6?

Games that dont even exist or we havent even know what they are about?

Come on guys!

big_boss4life

If you want to get me excited about E32008 show me what you can bring in 2008 I DON"T CARE ABOUT BEYOND I want this year!!!! And as far as this year is concerned, all they've given us that's new is on demand video, some R2 footage LBP and Home, and all of that has been shown to us a long time ago. Overall I'm not impressed but I'm happy that video on demand will be available tonight. And also Mr. Tretton, try not to spend too much time on PS2 next time, please.

pirategunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 pirategunner
Member since 2007 • 819 Posts
LMAO GOW3?? 2 is not even out yet and you are getting hyped for 3?? I dont understand that at all it would appear to me 2 is just a milkin it release.CorporateHammer
GOW3 GOD OF WAR 3!
mffmiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mffmiguel
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts
Mag was great and will be a groundbreaking game no matter what the children on this forum think, but what I dont like about sony is they talk about these games before they are even in production. Unfortunately we wont see any gameplay footage of the game until next years E3. I am shocked there was no KZ2, or some extra footage of RE5, or Fallout 3. I am looking forward to home and am not upset just a little frustrated that there is still no release date from sony we can depend on, so I gues it will come out when it coms out. I never cared about watching movies on a console just waisted potential if you ask me. All in all I am satisfied with sony's progression and convinced that they are the prime console for 08 and years to come. Oh and how can I forget Resistance and Infamous look amazing and will be picked up on the first day by me. For those who are still crying over FF, get over it and prepare yourself for awesome games this year.
Jyakotu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 Jyakotu
Member since 2005 • 158 Posts
I was impressed. God of War 3 FTW!!!
lenny_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 lenny_91
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

This years wasnt too bad...MAG looked okay, but I would have liked a WoW type game and not army related.

GoW looked good...nice to see a game we can look foward to other than KZ2, and R2.

I enjoyed seeing a Ratchet and Clank game...but other than that - I was disapointed that Little Big Planet, Resident Evil 5, and Home werent shown more. I was also disapointed that the supposed Jak and Daxter game wasnt revealed, or Tekken 6 wasnt shown. I was also hoping for a KH: BBS showing for PSP - but that didnt happen. It was just a 'meh' E3 overall.

Zecks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Zecks23
Member since 2004 • 475 Posts

Better then I expected it to be, the PSN titles look like a lot of fun especially Ratchet and Clank, and Fat Princess certainly looks interesting. I've got to admit i was angry when Microsoft said that FFXIII was coming to the 360 as well, but then I realized it doesn't make a difference, I still get to play it on my PS3 and that's all that really matters.

By the way when they were showing the "PS3 system of 2008" game montage didn't they show Killzone 2? I didn't think that was supposed to come out till 09? I'm not real hyped about this game so it doesn't make a huge difference to me, but if it ends up being well executed it will be fun.

Sir_McStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Sir_McStyle
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts

The most accurate comment I've found while searching through the forums would be Enix's "defection" being exaggerated. The real impact stems from two factors: 1) the belief that Final Fantasy would remain a Sony exclusive. 2) The excessive amount of fanboy pride.

What many gamers fail to realize [or perhaps neglect] is that Final Fantasy is nothing more than an addition to the long list of multi-platform games that have overshadowed the exclusive titles in this year's E3.

My answer to the question: I feel that the Sony press conference was average. I think one of the most notable announcements is the 80 GB price drop. The 360 product may be cheaper than this model, but it does not contain all the capabilities of the ps3. This could help Sony receive profit from gamers who are not established in the new generation and help ps2 owners make a somewhat smoother transition.

mffmiguel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mffmiguel
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts

This years wasnt too bad...MAG looked okay, but I would have liked a WoW type game and not army related.

GoW looked good...nice to see a game we can look foward to other than KZ2, and R2.

I enjoyed seeing a Ratchet and Clank game...but other than that - I was disapointed that Little Big Planet, Resident Evil 5, and Home werent shown more. I was also disapointed that the supposed Jak and Daxter game wasnt revealed, or Tekken 6 wasnt shown. I was also hoping for a KH: BBS showing for PSP - but that didnt happen. It was just a 'meh' E3 overall.

lenny_91

What about the dc comic universe game, that will be WOWish

Sir_McStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Sir_McStyle
Member since 2006 • 44 Posts

Side comment: Killzone gameplay is being shown on G4.

big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts
[QUOTE="lenny_91"]

mffmiguel

What about the dc comic universe game, that will be WOWish

Nah, it didnt look that good besides.. How many super heroes can you possible make?

JordanKid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 JordanKid
Member since 2005 • 1231 Posts
I was very happy with it, as a matter of fact I thought it was the best...the others really bored me..i didn't like Microsofts huge chunk of time for Live Arcade nor their made up stuff about being the best at every single thing possible and then having their biggest highlight not even one of their games(and also not having a lot of games I would enjoy, 1 or 2) although I wasn't expecting it nor was I expecting the whole Wii makeover, however I will most likely get Fable 2 and Gears of War 2 considering they seem to be the only worth while titles in my opinion, but they arent groundbreaking to me
Avatar image for ProtoApocalypse
ProtoApocalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 ProtoApocalypse
Member since 2002 • 396 Posts
Well I think Sony did pretty well. They've annouced and showed to pretty cool games. Little Big Planet presentation stole the show....it was fun and new!!! Infamous looks promising although the trailer that they showed wasn't that exciting for some reason. Resistance 2 looked amazing. Any game with a 30ft monsters looks awesome!!lol. But what got me really excited wasn't even GOW3 but MAG. This game with 255 players, 8 squad plus customazition looks and seems already a big HIT from sony. I can't wait to see this game playable. Go Sony. Still I have to give credits to MS....they did really good this time around with their presentation.....Nintendo well....not so!
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Laaaaaammmmeee. I Was looking forward for more suprises! like at the xbox 360 conference they kept the BAM! thing till the end it was like suprise after suprise after suprise and if you really saw it you will get what am saying.;) but ow well i guess it was ok.
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 XxSTILL_BORNxX
I Mean most of the game we saw em coming like a year ago:P
big_boss4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 big_boss4life
Member since 2006 • 2633 Posts

At the begining the dude said:

Today we will take about:

Solid Snake, Drake, nathan hel...

We never talked about solid snake :(

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Here is the link . /Thread
deanbezic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84 deanbezic
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

Sony spent so much time talking about how great their consoles were, and spent very little time actually presenting playstation exclusive games. All of the most anticipated games are for both consoles, and currently Sony is losing the battle in terms of successful new releases (obviously not including MGS4). It makes more sense to buy an XBOX 360 right now because they are cheaper and have a wider range of better games available.

not impressed.

SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts

I thought overall they had a good conference. Everybody is just up in arms about the whole 360 FFXIII thing, honestly take that announcement away and what did M$ have to show? Back to SONY they show good game and a good lineup for the PSP. Everyone was expecting a sudden comeback but this show was put together way in advance of yesterday's M$ show so they couldn't just switch and come up with some stupid answer back. Anybody who says SONY's show sucked is obviously to stupid to see that Their in the best position out of the three.

Their moving at their own pace and is getting their things together and getting the support that they need from devs. Square obviously made a wise decision. NINTENDO left out their core audience for old ladies and mother and how could Reggie argue Animal Crossing as hardcore. NINTENDO had obviously lost sight and is blinded by their own success. M$ trying to hard to find their nitch and in the interim is just mimicking everyone and is say "Were doing it better". How could that be good for business

stinkeyb

lol, oh yeah take out the whole FF13 thing and what does MS have, Hmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe GeOW2, Fable 2, Fallout 3 with exclusive DLC, exclusive DLC coming to GTA4 later this year, RE5 exclusive deal with netflix with a new dashboard update and avators, 8 person party chat. Damn I thought MS would give us more than just that stinking lonely FF13 shocker. How do you just omit a part of there press conference and try to compare to sony's entire press conference? Does that make any sense to any at all? I mean if you take away the GOD3 trailer, what did sony have or take away that MAG game and what did sony have?

jeremiah06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 jeremiah06
Member since 2004 • 7217 Posts
It was OK, most of it just conformed things we already either knew, or was somewhat expecting. That said, if you don't plain on taking advantage of the many new features announced then it might have seemed a little week. In my opinion it was pretty good, Microsoft and Nintendo didn't really show that many unannounced games either. I believe that scraping the 40gb was a mistake IMO, and that's only because the only difference is the size of the HDD. Sony went through the trouble of making the ps3 able to take any laptop HDD, yet they don't really market it. However, that being said, Sony did get me even more exited about LBP, and GOW 3, not to mention getting me worked up over MAG. So, to sum it all up, Sony didn't bring the huge bomb of an announcement, but arguably neither did MS(unless you a FF fanboy) or Nintendo, so we will just have to wait and see for now.
jeffbase33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 jeffbase33
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

I thought overall they had a good conference. Everybody is just up in arms about the whole 360 FFXIII thing, honestly take that announcement away and what did M$ have to show? Back to SONY they show good game and a good lineup for the PSP. Everyone was expecting a sudden comeback but this show was put together way in advance of yesterday's M$ show so they couldn't just switch and come up with some stupid answer back. Anybody who says SONY's show sucked is obviously to stupid to see that Their in the best position out of the three.

Their moving at their own pace and is getting their things together and getting the support that they need from devs. Square obviously made a wise decision. NINTENDO left out their core audience for old ladies and mother and how could Reggie argue Animal Crossing as hardcore. NINTENDO had obviously lost sight and is blinded by their own success. M$ trying to hard to find their nitch and in the interim is just mimicking everyone and is say "Were doing it better". How could that be good for business

stinkeyb

Netflix for xbox was huge announcement. Come to Xbox if you wanna enjoy RPGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SollidSnake_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#88 SollidSnake_
Member since 2008 • 2991 Posts

MAG?

but what did i see?

CGI...

Come on guys!

big_boss4life

before that goes MGS5. btw, your a jerk.

Mafia217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#89 Mafia217
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts
[QUOTE="big_boss4life"]

MAG?

but what did i see?

CGI...

Come on guys!

SollidSnake_

before that goes MGS5. btw, your a jerk.

T_T

that is wat i see

oldscratch82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 oldscratch82
Member since 2008 • 168 Posts
Yeah, the ps3 is done..I'm not an xbot..i hate m$ with every cell in my body..and the wii is just lame..There is now officially no reason whatsoever to own a ps3..I seriously want my F-ing money back. Well...maybe not.. atleast we have blu ray players ya know?
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

To be honest I enjoyed sonys conferences the most. MS only big thing was FF13 and the dashbord upgrade. THATS IT. I still wanna get fable 2. Also nintendo conference sucked hard.

GranReyUno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 GranReyUno
Member since 2007 • 1542 Posts
I don't get it how do 36o have better games when they mostly talk about multi plat titles and PS3 do not have any games when they name exclusives with multi plat titles. I will agree that 36o head start placed them above PS3, but don't act like PS3 have not released good games since it been released year and 8 months ago. I see someone buying a 36o over a PS3 after E3 but selling it to get a 36o that basically have the same games.
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
what the hell is a 36o?
EPaul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 EPaul
Member since 2006 • 9917 Posts
lol....some of you guys are funny. FFXIII becomes a multiplatform suddenly sony is finished let's our ps3, the ps3 is dead. Stop overreacting, 3rd party exclusives are becoming a thing of a past unless you publish the game or pay a huge amount of cash. Sony said themselves they are not focusing on their 1st party games now that 3rd party exclusives are becoming less frequent. There are plenty of good games coming to the PS3 this year losing FFXIII excluisivity is not the end of the world