Itagaki says Heavenly Sword is half-butted(u know the word i meant to use)

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=215,

after he said tekken sucks my respect level went down 25% now it just went down another 25%

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

This has been posted before.

You can say the word "assed"

soldier1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 soldier1993
Member since 2006 • 558 Posts
HS will be amazing!!!! It must be a 360 hard fan to say something different
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

HS will be amazing!!!! It must be a 360 hard fan to say something differentsoldier1993

Actually I'm not fond of the X-Box franchise and I don't like HS lol I think it could've been done better control wise.

barom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 barom
Member since 2004 • 243 Posts
He's just giving his opinions and you should let him. Besides he praised God of war in a video I saw (think it was over at 1up)
MassacreMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 MassacreMonk
Member since 2005 • 3379 Posts
lol... half-butted
RahKayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RahKayne
Member since 2003 • 3436 Posts

His full words

"I've never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you're supposed to press onscreen," Itagaki says. "I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it's asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much payoff from it."

hph6203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hph6203
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
He obviously never played Shenmue. They had a ton of those, and its probably one of the best games I've ever played.
Vendrena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vendrena
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts
he's being very rude about it but he has a good point, people these days only like things that look pretty and are easy to do (like HS and GOW) well if you camparing it to his action game NG and dmc.
GunnerVIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GunnerVIII
Member since 2006 • 4135 Posts

I never really respected the man in the first place. He really places his own games above all others, and you know that can't be right. I personally can't stand over opinionated people, and that's exactly what he is. The Tekken series is classic, and fun. I understand if he personally likes his DOA series better, but you shouldn't go and insult another franchise.

And for the record, he's not the coolest guy in the world for smoking cigs at interviews, and wearing black leather.

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts
Someone needs to tell him that his games lack story. What the hell is the point for anyone to finish his games?
wallpaper42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wallpaper42
Member since 2005 • 4127 Posts
I don't like Heavenly Sword, but the thing is I don't really like that genre of game either.
acidBURN1942

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 acidBURN1942
Member since 2002 • 4816 Posts
The qoute from the heavenely Sword producer makes me agree with Itagaki and the half-as$ing statement. It would not be too dificult to make the rope sequence fully interactive instead of context sensitive, in fact i would prefer it that way
sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

The qoute from the heavenely Sword producer makes me agree with Itagaki and the half-as$ing statement. It would not be too dificult to make the rope sequence fully interactive instead of context sensitive, in fact i would prefer it that wayacidBURN1942

And how do you propose they do that? To give it the same cinematic effect?

Itagaki shouldn't speak, Ninja Gaiden only got the combat right.....everything else was.....just there, had no purpose.

Bolund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bolund
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts
I love this guy best dev in the bussiness. The japanese David Jaffe I rolfd when the healine on kotaku was "Tekan Sucks!"
gundamfan80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gundamfan80
Member since 2005 • 684 Posts
who really cares what he has to say. All he was doing was stroking is own self inflated ego. Ninja gaiden is the ONLY thing he has ever contributed to gaming. Everything else has been average or just plain perverse (extreme beach volleyball anyone)
istylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 istylee
Member since 2007 • 1117 Posts
im guessing he never played a single God of war game... they had many onscreen buttons but the game was one of the best
LastSamurai14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LastSamurai14
Member since 2006 • 1012 Posts

You can say ASS and ASSED on gamespot.

Also, tekken>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DOA

Heavenly Sword is a great game, he's just pissed that more action games are coming in...eating away Ninja gaiden (Heavenly Sword, GOW 3, DMC).

bigpymp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bigpymp
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts

[QUOTE="soldier1993"]HS will be amazing!!!! It must be a 360 hard fan to say something different[/QUO

Actually I'm not fond of the X-Box franchise and I don't like HS lol I think it could've been done better control wise.

Denji

Dude, I agree. Not impressed with HS. May rent it to see if it's better on the final version.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

You can say ASS and ASSED on gamespot.

Also, tekken>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DOA

Heavenly Sword is a great game, he's just pissed that more action games are coming in...eating away Ninja gaiden (Heavenly Sword, GOW 3, DMC).

LastSamurai14
i never knew. but i did just get suspended for 2 weeks a week ago. i dont want to take ANY chances due to sensitive mods
hyofinkl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#21 hyofinkl
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts

I don't like that guy at all. I have nothing against NGS and I think it's a good game but he has to stop pretending like it's the best game ever made. It's good to take pride in your work but you gotta give credit where credit is due. NGS has a really thin story and the setting is exactly the same for the whole game. I think he should think about making a new game for the Ninja Gaiden series rather than remake it over and over again and talk crap about other games. He really looks like a nerd during interviews anyway trying so hard to look cool in some sort of way.

ghostjga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ghostjga
Member since 2005 • 465 Posts

Nuff said... haha... He does have issues...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/doa/itagaki-sued-for-sexual-harrassment-212871.php

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

Nuff said... haha... He does have issues...

http://kotaku.com/gaming/doa/itagaki-sued-for-sexual-harrassment-212871.php

ghostjga

AHAHHAH!!! I laughed hard!! :lol:

I wasn't blast away by the demo...but it is a demo. Nariko please jump :cry:

Shu76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Shu76
Member since 2006 • 913 Posts
This guy thinks his **** don't stink! I played NGS demo, thought it was boring. Just block till the stop attacking you then kill them...simple.
The_Tombo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 The_Tombo
Member since 2005 • 3537 Posts

Itagaki is a dumbarse.. I mean come on.. Granted this was not as bad as saying that the only good thing about tekken is the name...becasue its short..

But still.. I for one really enjoyed the Hs demo and Think Tekken blows Doa out of the water.

Instead of putting down other peoples games maybe he should start making some actual good new games instead of recycling his only good one.

Don't you agree that devolpers are so much more likeable when they say they enjoy playing a competitors game?

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
This guy may be the most egotisical game developer ever. I know he's never liked Tekken, but this is news to me. Actually his thoughts about Heavenly Sword have more merit thus far because Ninja Gaiden is a timeless kickass classic, while DoA is still seen as a fun, but not tournament worthy fighter like Tekken.
James567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 James567
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts

I ll laugh whenHS sells more than NGS. Seriously through the man really should just focus on making his work perfect before going out and critizing other peoples games. I love the way hes really unapologetic about Ninja gaiden difficulty then wonders why it doent sell very well

Jenai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jenai1
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts

"that would be a frustrating experience to 99 percent of our users if we were to force them to do that manually."

Hes talking out of his arse..

gizmo_logix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gizmo_logix
Member since 2005 • 4224 Posts
NGS and HS = Different style games. End of story.
synce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 synce
Member since 2004 • 771 Posts
Team Ninja > Ninja Theory
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

His full words

"I've never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you're supposed to press onscreen," Itagaki says. "I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it's asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much payoff from it."

RahKayne

I guess he never played Resident Evil 4, since it has buttons onscreen a lot it must not be a good game, what a dumb remark he made i can think ofa few games like this that were really good, i think he is jealous

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

i'm not fond of the DOA franchise... but Ninja Gaiden is the epitome of action games. the fact that he made a fast-paced action game that does not allow you to button mash and that even that lowly gaurd that comes at you a few at a time can kill you really makes that game about skill AND thought, rather than just reflex.

Jenai1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jenai1
Member since 2006 • 545 Posts
[QUOTE="RahKayne"]

His full words

KurupSoldr

I guess he never played Resident Evil 4, since it has buttons onscreen a lot it must not be a good game, what a dumb remark he made i can think ofa few games like this that were really good, i think he is jealous

exactly, god of war aswell. I think its a wonderful feature as you get involved in cinematic sequences instead of just watching them.

dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

i dont care what this guy says, i wanna play the game and judge it myself!

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
Itagaki thinks NG is the greatest thing since sliced-bread. In 2004 that was a great game, but 3 years later and all you've mustered is two remakes? And the camera STILL sucks!?!? Get over yourself.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Itagaki thinks NG is the greatest thing since sliced-bread. In 2004 that was a great game, but 3 years later and all you've mustered is two remakes? And the camera STILL sucks!?!? Get over yourself.espoac

The funny part is that no one in the gaming industry dares to tell him that. Look at the 1up meeting with him, all they did was suck up to him and praise his work. No wonder he has a huge ego.

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Vyse_Legends
Member since 2007 • 9387 Posts
Looks like someone is jealous.
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts
His thought were near enough exactly the same as mine.
Who on earth do they think they are kidding with those 'interactive' cut-scenes.
fistoflight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fistoflight
Member since 2005 • 7943 Posts
You guys gotta realize that he said those things to those games because they're competetitors to his doa and NG games... However if anyone judges a game like that they are the one who is HALF-BUTTED LOL
bitedcurbnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bitedcurbnow
Member since 2004 • 1065 Posts

I guess he never played Resident Evil 4, since it has buttons onscreen a lot it must not be a good game, what a dumb remark he made i can think ofa few games like this that were really good, i think he is jealous .KurupSoldr

You took the words right out of my mouth. Last time I checked, RE4 was one of the greatest video games of all time. And it had plenty of button icons onscreen. The first fight with Krauser comes to mind. I don't remember it as lame, I thought it was quite cool actually.

Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
he is a 360 fanboy, its that easy. I dont take anything he says seriously cus we all know where his heart is.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
I do agree with Itagaki completely. I'd prefer playing ninja gaiden any day of the week, than that heavenly sword demo. Its just much faster and more fluid. The button time sequences, they would be alright, but compare them to say shenmue. This game is ALOT more forgiving on the qtes', than shenmues qtes' by a long shot.
Vendrena

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vendrena
Member since 2006 • 852 Posts

one things that very funny is he bashed dmc4, he said something along these lines...

"In japan there is a really popular game with a guy in a red coat with funky white hair, but if you were able to but NGS beside it side to side you would beable to tell which is better."

another guy from the team said.

"DMC is very shallow and only a one sided combo based game and shouldn't be called an action game." I agree that dmc is a combo game but its not onesided."

Whats funny is the director for dmc4 just said. "Why would someone say that because if they did they've never played dmc4." which he the director fomr ng hasn't, therefore i think that he brang NG to ps3 so that it can become more popular in japan since 360 is none excitant there.

HiImUPSMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HiImUPSMan
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts
this guy bashes every game that isnt made by him.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

Team ninja should just look at their games and start to make them better.

NGS had mediocre graphics (just check the blood), horrible story (cliché or just non existant) and a lousy camera.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts

His full words

RahKayne
I understand what he is saying, but would you rather have some totally uninteractive cutscene instead?
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bunchofpixels

Team ninja should just look at their games and start to make them better.

NGS had mediocre graphics (just check the blood), horrible story (cliché or just non existant) and a lousy camera.

Krigon
All that being said, every Ninja Gaiden game that have come out with has been AAA. I disagree about the graphics and camera, but the story did suck.
moshakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 moshakirby
Member since 2006 • 1502 Posts

The thing that annoys me the most about those parts are some 'noobs' are going to be saying;

"Wow, Heavenly sword has amazing grahpics just look at the bid when you're on the ropes"

When really the in-game graphics are fairly mediocre, they're just pre-rendered cutscenes, what makes it worse is that some PS3 Fan boys will be using this as a defense/offense against 360 fan boys.

It generally feels like they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bunchofpixels

The thing that annoys me the most about those parts are some 'noobs' are going to be saying;

"Wow, Heavenly sword has amazing grahpics just look at the bid when you're on the ropes"

When really the in-game graphics are fairly mediocre, they're just pre-rendered cutscenes, what makes it worse is that some PS3 Fan boys will be using this as a defense/offense against 360 fan boys.

It generally feels like they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes.

moshakirby
The rope scene uses in game graphics. They arent prerendered.
areads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 areads
Member since 2006 • 445 Posts
Did he get a full copy of Heavenly sword sent to him then? I mean wow, it's amazing that Ninja Theory think so highly of him to send him the game before any one else. Whats's that? he doesn't have the game??? His opinion is based on a 7 minute demo? Oh. Maybe he should take have taken more time sorting the page tearing out in Sigma. If he had done that then i might of actually valued his opinion.