Is Playstation TV worth buying for JRPGS?

Avatar image for NintendoFan1953
NintendoFan1953

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NintendoFan1953
Member since 2004 • 95 Posts

Hello all. I have been wanting to play select PSP and Vita games for years. (Mainly JRPGS on PSN that can't be played on my PS3 or PS4). Games include FF IV The Complete Collection and perhaps P4 since I've never played it. Is the PS TV still a worthwhile purchase at $40? Also, would I need to buy additional memory and if so, how much? Thank you.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@NintendoFan1953 said:

Hello all. I have been wanting to play select PSP and Vita games for years. (Mainly JRPGS on PSN that can't be played on my PS3 or PS4). Games include FF IV The Complete Collection and perhaps P4 since I've never played it. Is the PS TV still a worthwhile purchase at $40? Also, would I need to buy additional memory and if so, how much? Thank you.

It comes with 1GB of memory built in, but you can also get additional cards if you need more. I'd say it probably is worth it just for P4G on the big screen.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

Yes, Since PlayStation TV is now $69.99 on sale. The bundle that includes an 8GB PSvita memory card and a PlayStation 3 controller. So you can create a PSN account and download the JRPG's that you want to play. I would get a bigger memory card since 8GB ones fill up fast. Plus the PSTV system includes 1GB memory built in. But it is best to get a 32GB or 64GB PlayStation vita memory card. PSN has lots of JRPG, RPG games you can download and play. There are also physical PSvita JRPG games on SD cards which will work with PSTV systems.

It also comes with a download code for the Lego Movie videogame. While not a JRPG you could sell on eBay or give to a friend.

Oi_Oi_Spanky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Oi_Oi_Spanky
Member since 2015 • 301 Posts

Dubious as PlayStation TV does't play all Vita games. Probably better off with a Vita and its 100% compatability.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5  Edited By Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts

The PS TV seems like a great intro PlayStation.