Is fallout 3 really as broken as everyone says?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tacoeater831

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tacoeater831
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

i wanna get fallout 3 soon. i just recently played a couple missions on a friend's xbox and loved it, and another one of my friends just got it for his PS3 and said it was awesome. but when i hear about the PS3 version from everyone else i usually hear one of two things.

1: it has a few hiccups and the graphics arent the best, but still a great game.

2: the game is broken and almost completely unplayable on the PS3.

when i played it on the xbox it did freeze a few times, and graphics dont really bother me either way. Plus its 20 dollars now so i was just wondering if its worth it? or so glitchy that its unplayable?

0diN_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 0diN_7
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

I definately wouldn't say it's broken and unplayable. I own it for the ps3 and I never had any problems with it that I can think of. It's worth it to buy it and give it a playthrough.

ImproveMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ImproveMind
Member since 2010 • 172 Posts

The game is definitely an amazing game, but it should only be played on the PS3 as a last option. Whilst the game isn't broken to the point of unplayable, there are various problems that make playing the game rather frustrating at times. If you can get it on the PC or 360.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
It's not broken, but it's definitely the weakest version of the three by a rather large margin. If you do get it, make sure to save often and use lots of slots, because friends who have played the PS3 version have had their saves corrupt on them more than once. Graphically it's not as good as the 360 version, but as long as you aren't looking at them side by side it won't matter. Still a fun game.
StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Nope, it's totally blown out of proportion, the game freezes maybe once every 5 hours. The game is fine, usually keeps a constant framerate (sometimes the framerate will get very, very choppy forcing you to restart, but not very often), and the graphics are fine. These tiny technical problems definitely shouldn't stop you from playing Fallout 3.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

Input lag, glitches, freezing and awful framerate really make the PS3 version of the game almost unplayable at times. I still put quite a bit of time into the PS3 version but it wasn't without its problems. The game is great, but the PS3 version is way too glitchy, at least in my experience with it.

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

the game is not broken its awesome :)

ImproveMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ImproveMind

Captain_SOAP_
Please refrain from letting your inner fanboy block your ability to think. While Fallout 3 on the PS3 is not unplayable, it most certainly should be considered a broken game due to the fact that it has issues with freezing, data corruption, and frame rate drops.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
People over exaggerate about FO3, it does have its problem, no question about it. But it is far from broken, I've put hundreds of hours into that game and I don't see how that would be possible if the game were unplayable.
Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Mr_Me_L33T
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

It isn't broken, exactly, but there are still some extremely nagging technical issues, the graphics are pretty bad also... But it is still kind of fun. There are some other games that could be better for the price, but it is still a pretty fun game. Even with these issues, it is a pretty fun game and if you can pick it up for cheap, grab it.

ClevBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 ClevBeast
Member since 2009 • 269 Posts

Not broken at all really. Just use the save game option often and have 5 - 10 different saves available so if you do find a dodgy door save or get stuck you can just go back and do it from a different save. I spent at least 100 hrs on this and you don't do that with a game that's fuggered.

Captain_SOAP_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Captain_SOAP_
Member since 2009 • 542 Posts

[QUOTE="Captain_SOAP_"]

ImproveMind

Please refrain from letting your inner fanboy block your ability to think. While Fallout 3 on the PS3 is not unplayable, it most certainly should be considered a broken game due to the fact that it has issues with freezing, data corruption, and frame rate drops.

yes the game can freeze on you especially on the DLC. and yes the graphics are a bit worse than 360 and PC. a bit nothing to really **** about. even with these problems this game is amazing on the Ps3.

Pablo620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Pablo620
Member since 2004 • 4980 Posts
To say its unplayable is absolutely ridiculous. Buy it. Play it. Love it. Its an amazing game.
Thessassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Thessassin
Member since 2007 • 1819 Posts

its not unplayable but theres afew glitches here and there

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
I think it runs just fine, I just didn't get into the game enough to finish it.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#16 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

It's bugged, but not broken. The game never crashed or froze on me, the worst I've had was some bad collision detection and the deaths of a few random people.

Santesyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Santesyu
Member since 2008 • 4451 Posts
[QUOTE="Captain_SOAP_"]

ImproveMind

I played fallout 3 and its enjoyable so far, its not unplayable, don't see how anyone can say that, is it the weakest version idk..but I haven't had any problems with it so far and he is a fanboy for saying its awesome? the people we have on gamespot lmao.
hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts

Get it.

lpjazzman220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#20 lpjazzman220
Member since 2008 • 2249 Posts

if u have the choice....get it for pc....u get all of the 3rd party mods....it would give u lost of extra content for free

maxx1458

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 maxx1458
Member since 2004 • 1275 Posts

Some of the DLC is definitely jacked up.

I played through the main game without having it crash or anything ever, but I still saved often just in case.

ImproveMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ImproveMind
[QUOTE="ImproveMind"][QUOTE="Captain_SOAP_"]

Santesyu

I played fallout 3 and its enjoyable so far, its not unplayable, don't see how anyone can say that, is it the weakest version idk..but I haven't had any problems with it so far and he is a fanboy for saying its awesome? the people we have on gamespot lmao.

You admitted yourself that you don't know whether or not it is the weakest version. I, and many others, who have extensively played the game across all three platforms know for sure that it is the weakest version. This is not the place to discuss which console is better etc., but to outright lie and say the game is not broken is wrong and should not be stood for. The game is awesome, but the PS3 version is vastly inferior to the other two. Simple as that.