Is Assasin's Creed and anti-christian game?

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for oscaritoqueloco
oscaritoqueloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 oscaritoqueloco
Member since 2003 • 168 Posts
I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids.  I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
i think u might have taken a wrong view, its mostly ur a "Rebel" with a group of other rebels trying to get justice and crap(sorry this is really bad info, i havent checked it out in a whiel and cant think of better words to help describe xD) and ur pretty much going and killuing the Governemnt officials cuz they're corrupt or some crap xD!
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids. I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
oscaritoqueloco

Crusaders weren't pacifists.  There's a reason they wore armor and carried weapons.
Giddieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 Giddieon
Member since 2004 • 7522 Posts
I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids.  I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
oscaritoqueloco
I feel it is ... I don't like killing my own kind that is for sure... I have a problem with it... I know that saoounds horiable... but the game is singling out Christians and they are they target..and I don't like it.. so I will not buy it... With that said... it looks like an amazing game... the animations are fluid and gameplay looks excellent....
azuroc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 azuroc
Member since 2005 • 255 Posts
Everyone knows that Christians did some pretty messed up things back then.

Especially the cardinals and bishops in the upper ranks.
ApHoTiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ApHoTiK
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
Actually you could have your anology the wrong way round, the Christian Crusades were more like the Nazi regime, invading other countries and killing thusands to reclaim them in the name of the "superior" religion.
ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts
It's a game.
ApHoTiK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ApHoTiK
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts
It's a game. ShawDowFX
How observant :D
blumbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blumbi
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

lol,, the crusades were not a good thing,, Even the previous pope several time apoligized for the church's crime during that period, calling it one of the darkest period in christianity...

massmurder , rape and theft is not a very christian thing,

oscaritoqueloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 oscaritoqueloco
I know and I'm not a christian. But the setting looks like muslims against christians, and I don't know if there should be games religions against each other. Probably in the future will be just fine, but in todays world I dont know if it is. Lets say some developer designs a new WWII shooter of nazis against americans, or a new game of a communist spy trying to destroy the USA, would that be right? Because neither americans in WWII were "pacifists", nor the USA didn't do spying against Russia.
Giddieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Giddieon
Everyone knows that Christians did some pretty messed up things back then.

Especially the cardinals and bishops in the upper ranks.
azuroc
This I agree with....it wa a nasty time...
emruffalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 emruffalo
Member since 2006 • 168 Posts
do some research on the crusades and learn about how truly horrible they were. some decades long battles to clam land and objects for christianity by the Pope of the time (who controlled the millatary) and curupted polititions who rose to power and weath threaw the wars. i wish there were a group of rebels to keep the curpted powers that be in check.
The_G00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 The_G00se
Member since 2006 • 760 Posts
[QUOTE="oscaritoqueloco"]I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids.  I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
Giddieon
I feel it is ... I don't like killing my own kind that is for sure... I have a problem with it... I know that saoounds horiable... but the game is singling out Christians and they are they target..and I don't like it.. so I will not buy it... With that said... it looks like an amazing game... the animations are fluid and gameplay looks excellent....

Wow... I bet you don't watch a lot of movies then....
Giddieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Giddieon
[QUOTE="Giddieon"][QUOTE="oscaritoqueloco"]I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids.  I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
The_G00se

Wow... I bet you don't watch a lot of movies then....

No I watch a lot of... I an not playing a character in the movie....also I think it is poor timing to have a game on this topic... But like I said I would still recommend this to other gamers... because it looks like it is going to be an excellent game....just it is me personaly that I don't like the sory behind it and role you play in the game.... If I ask myself honestly if the rolse were revers then sadly but ture I would have less of a problem with it... but II would still thiknk it is poor timing for a game topic like that... I kow what I am saing is nto right and I don't like it but with what has happen this past many years... it is hard not to feel this way and I don'tt think a topic like this helps... But still looks like a great game...
emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
No I watch a lot of... I an not playing a character in the movie....also I think it is poor timing to have a game on this topic...Giddieon

Poor timing?
medhopeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 medhopeful
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
[QUOTE="oscaritoqueloco"]I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids.  I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
Giddieon

I bet you wouldn't hesitate to play a game that kills Pagans or even people in general (which you don't know their religion) as long as the game looked good enough.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
holydamn, does anyone actualy have a problem with this? Lets see its ok to kill grandma in GTA but when you are going to kill a crusader or as I would like to call them, child rapeing warmonger who just went down to kill alot of people for the fun of it, that is a problem? Anyone who actualy think that the crusaders did a good thing realy lacks insight into history or is a sick blind christian fanatic.
LordelX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LordelX
Member since 2004 • 1376 Posts
Everyone settle down. Not enough is known about the game to draw any sort of conclusions. Besides, nobody has problems shooting Nazis in WWII shooters, and the Nazis were Christians.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 trasherhead
[QUOTE="oscaritoqueloco"]I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids. I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
Giddieon

Your own kind? what humans? then you shouldn't play videogames should you. But if you think of christians as your own kind then you are damaged.
oscaritoqueloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 oscaritoqueloco
[QUOTE="Giddieon"][QUOTE="oscaritoqueloco"]I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids. I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
medhopeful

I bet you wouldn't hesitate to play a game that kills Pagans or even people in general (which you don't know their religion) as long as the game looked good enough.

Thats the point - if you kill another character just for the game is ok, but when its against a certain/specific ethnic/religious believe is wrong. Like killing a lot of people is ok, but if in the game every person that you must kill to finish it is black, then that is wrong - that for example
Giddieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Giddieon
[QUOTE="Giddieon"]No I watch a lot of... I an not playing a character in the movie....also I think it is poor timing to have a game on this topic...emitsu97

Poor timing?

With every thing going on between the middle east and stuff...
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 trasherhead
I know and I'm not a christian. But the setting looks like muslims against christians, and I don't know if there should be games religions against each other. Probably in the future will be just fine, but in todays world I dont know if it is. Lets say some developer designs a new WWII shooter of nazis against americans, or a new game of a communist spy trying to destroy the USA, would that be right? Because neither americans in WWII were "pacifists", nor the USA didn't do spying against Russia.oscaritoqueloco
Well, you could look at it as the arabs fighting of the invaders that the crusaders were. No religion in that.
Avatar image for Mancow_wrestler
Mancow_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Mancow_wrestler
Member since 2006 • 1249 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Do you play as a muslim person killing Christians? If so, I wonder how much that'll effect sales...if at all?
Giddieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Giddieon
[QUOTE="trasherhead"]holydamn, does anyone actualy have a problem with this? Lets see its ok to kill grandma in GTA but when you are going to kill a crusader or as I would like to call them, child rapeing warmonger who just went down to kill alot of people for the fun of it, that is a problem? Anyone who actualy think that the crusaders did a good thing realy lacks insight into history or is a sick blind christian fanatic.

See for me I hated the GTA series completely I don't think it is a very good game at all...but I would never speak out and say others could not shoose toplay it.. I am not like that...
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
There's one way to end this argument. The goals in Assassin's Creed ( the people you are assigned to kill) were assassinated in their own time. Look at it as a history lesson. (Even though it can't be confirmed if all of their deaths were due to the Assassin's). Too many people look at it as a made up scenario and its just plain not. They went to incredible researching lengths to create the towns as closely as possible with description after description from history books.
Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts
I know and I'm not a christian. But the setting looks like muslims against christians, and I don't know if there should be games religions against each other. Probably in the future will be just fine, but in todays world I dont know if it is. Lets say some developer designs a new WWII shooter of nazis against americans, or a new game of a communist spy trying to destroy the USA, would that be right? Because neither americans in WWII were "pacifists", nor the USA didn't do spying against Russia.oscaritoqueloco

i don't think you'll see a game for nazi's seeing as the market would be much smaller than a standard FPS or whatever, that's geared towards the allies. Nevermind how insensitive it would be to veterans and surviors

history is written by the victors. Only in this case the two religions survived their struggles. So the game is taking the point of view of a 3rd party society keeping a check on the rulers from both sides i'd imagine, who were corrupt at that time and what they are doing.

Course it's not sure how much of the game will revolve around specifically assassinating religious figures it could be purely political, also with the gene/memory aspect who knows what exactly you do throughout the length of the game.

IMO there's no harm in having a video game that depicts a war between two religions where they fight each other and you fight them, especially since it was an uneeded useless war. Actually all the Crusades were.

did anyone mind playing as the chinese in Battlefield 2:?

Avatar image for whatsinsidebone
whatsinsidebone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 whatsinsidebone
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
any arab fighter killing christians during that time in which the christians invaded the middle east and took control, was simply fighting for their homeland, a freedom fighter

in that situation the christians were the bad guys

i love the idea of this game
BadSmerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BadSmerf
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts
LOL, whenever religion gets into the mix people get offended because someone else has a different belief....... Man the writers back in the day could write some good stories........
lenzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lenzz
Member since 2003 • 208 Posts
I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids. I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
oscaritoqueloco
The game is a period piece and as such the crusaders in the game are more than likely hostile invaders and mass murders. The early Christian church was a vile, destructive and corrupt origination who butchered and tortured millions in gods name, and bare no resemblance to most of today’s Christians.
Saying that you would not buy this game based on the fact that you are killing crusaders who are early “Christians” dose not really make sense, this would be like a German person saying they don’t want to play medal of honour because your are killing Nazis. These early Christians bare little or know resemblance to today’s Christians.
The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts
[QUOTE="oscaritoqueloco"]I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids. I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
lenzz
The game is a period piece and as such the crusaders in the game are more than likely hostile invaders and mass murders. The early Christian church was a vile, destructive and corrupt origination who butchered and tortured millions in gods name, and bare no resemblance to most of today’s Christians.
Saying that you would not buy this game based on the fact that you are killing crusaders who are early “Christians” dose not really make sense, this would be like a German person saying they don’t want to play medal of honour because your are killing Nazis. These early Christians bare little or know resemblance to today’s Christians.

also an excellent point
stl_rams28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 stl_rams28
Member since 2005 • 610 Posts
Nobody expects teh Spanish Inquisition!

NeoGen85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NeoGen85
Member since 2003 • 4270 Posts

The Crusades were a interesting time regardless of what culture or religion[or a way of life] you come from. Just because you received blessings from the Church or you fight for them doesn't make you a Christian, remember that. A Christian strives to be more like Jesus Christ, and follows the Word of God. There were a lot of men and women during the Crusades who followed the men in the Church, and men do not have the power to determine the ultimate fate.

Solid_Cobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Solid_Cobra
Member since 2006 • 757 Posts
This sort of reminds me of the controversey over the movie 300, which depicts war between Greeks and Persians.  Some people had a problem with this, given the sensitivity of the current politcal situation (West v. Iran).
hoopking92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hoopking92
Member since 2005 • 214 Posts
oscaritoqueloco
ok well think about this.... what if u playd a christian(like in many games) tryin to take out muslims(like in many games) dont u think the muslim guy playing that game gets a little offended also so my advice is suck it up... its just a game
hoopking92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hoopking92
Member since 2005 • 214 Posts
oscaritoqueloco
ok well think about this.... what if u playd a christian(like in many games) tryin to take out muslims(like in many games) dont u think the muslim guy playing that game gets a little offended also so my advice is suck it up... its just a game
perfect-dank-0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 perfect-dank-0
Member since 2006 • 284 Posts

Well if you won't get the game for that reason that's pretty sad.

I can turn on the tv and watch the news and all I see is different religions hating one another and using violence to spread their religious views.

Stabbing a christian crusader to death in a video game is very mild compared to that

trudefisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trudefisk
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts
I've been wondering the same thing. Do you play as a muslim person killing Christians? If so, I wonder how much that'll effect sales...if at all?Mancow_wrestler
you know altair ( the main char9 is a hashashin.. hashashins = assassins and they were not muslims and neither christians AND AS THE DEVLoPER SAID!: U WILL BE KILLING FOR BOTH SIDES!
dude6077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dude6077
Member since 2007 • 142 Posts

It was sorta kinda christian fault for starting up the second crusades. After the King of Jerusalem died (Christian king) then I forgot exactly who took command but he killed the Salahadin's sister (Muslim King). Really people, this happened thousands of years ago, we can make a WWII game which happened about 60 years ago with no religious problem but when its back then just cause we are killing christians it has to be a big deal. Honestly it was a corrupt time, playing a game about that time doesn't do anything.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts
Ok wow... if there is already a small uproar about this, then just think about how out of control the Catholics are gonna get when they see this game? There will probably be a huge speile about how it's a bad thing and that it shouldn't be in there. For those of us that dont care who we stab in a videogame... I recommend picking up your copy as soon as it hit shelves before people try and make Ubi take it down and take out the stabbing of the Catholics. It happend with GTA SA... it can happen with Assassin's Creed.
uforaverwill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 uforaverwill
Member since 2003 • 363 Posts
Is it a Anti-Christian game? Well when i first saw it i thought of Bethlehem but, more futuristic after the world came to an end or maybe even Waterworld. I'm still gonna play it no matter what.
dela_kobla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dela_kobla
Member since 2004 • 297 Posts
The time of the crusaders was a terrible time! I believe thats what this game is about. Its giving an account of the issues and the roles of some individuals. History is real and i believe its just an account. Christians are not flawless! i'm a christian and i know im not flawless, but back then, christians killed christians... I think you should give it some more thought before u completely write it off!
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts
Let me get this straight. You are worried about killing a christian? But you aren't worried about killing a human being? What has this world come to?!
It's a damn game!!Nothing more, just a game.

Bolund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Bolund
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts
Giddieon

LOL, What about games where you kill muslims (full spectrum warrioir, CS, and Socom) get over your selfs, Crusaders did horrible thing guring this time as are Jihadist now, tables keep turning.
Avatar image for squirrelgrrrl84
squirrelgrrrl84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 squirrelgrrrl84
Member since 2004 • 298 Posts
it strikes me as slightly ironic that we are generally horrified by the christian crusades, and view those muslims as freedom fighters defending their homeland against invasion and gentrification, but yet we are unable to see that exact same thing happening today. the only ideological difference is that we're now spreading 'democracy' instead of christianity. colonialism hasn't gone away, we just don't really call it colonialism anymore.
Aesothia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Aesothia
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts

Well the crusaders were such nice guys. I sure hope they weren't being victimised and slaughtered.

Brendruis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Brendruis
Member since 2002 • 1016 Posts
In my opinion, no this is not an anti-Christian game..  It's an action adventure platformer like Prince of Persia with a historical setting and some interesting technology
Ronin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ronin_87
Member since 2005 • 2243 Posts
I can't believe you guys know SO LITTLE about this game. When it was first shown the makers talked about this very issue FFS! You do not only kill Christians, and despite most people falling into one of two religious groups, that's not the reason you are fighting. The organization you work for is killing people on both sides to try and get peace for the land. Yes, the main character sounds like he is an arab, SO WHAT? That's not the point of the game.
majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#48 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
This thread makes me want to buy this game even more now. :)
Giddieon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Giddieon
[QUOTE="Giddieon"][QUOTE="oscaritoqueloco"]I saw a pic of Assasins Creed in which the character is going to stab a christian crusader. An I was thinking, damn thats kind of extreme. What do you people think about it? Did I get the wrong impression? Because, damn thats like making a game of a nazi that its a rebel but in the process kills a lot of jewish people. Also in some way this game reminds me of the South Park episode "Chinpokomon" - in which - through toys and videogames - the japanesse goverment tries to brain wash american kids. I'm not saying that is the purpose of Assasin's, and I know it is not, but it has some resemblance.
Bolund

LOL, What about games where you kill muslims (full spectrum warrioir, CS, and Socom) get over your selfs, Crusaders did horrible thing guring this time as are Jihadist now, tables keep turning.

I already commented on that in an earlier post....
Aesothia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Aesothia
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
I can't believe you guys know SO LITTLE about this game. When it was first shown the makers talked about this very issue FFS! You do not only kill Christians, and despite most people falling into one of two religious groups, that's not the reason you are fighting. The organization you work for is killing people on both sides to try and get peace for the land. Yes, the main character sounds like he is an arab, SO WHAT? That's not the point of the game.Ronin_87
OMG It's an Al-queada brain washing game.