insanely underrated game it makes you angry? an why?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_Ben99_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 _Ben99_
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts

Tomb Raider Underworld

this game offered a lot in terms of graphics and gameplay compared to previous installments .

I might say this because I'm a fan of the series but editors in video games websites shouldkeep in mind that different games appeal to different audiences

and what if the guy who wrote the review was not among the audience for a game. Bottom line is : Reviews are not reliable . It's just a point of view . The market is huge with Huge differences in tastes.

lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
Valkyria Chronicles...never sold
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Tomb Raider Underworld

this game offered a lot in terms of graphics and gameplay compared to previous installments .

I might say this because I'm a fan of the series but editors in video games websites shouldkeep in mind that different games appeal to different audiences

and what if the guy who wrote the review was not among the audience for a game. Bottom line is : Reviews are not reliable . It's just a point of view . The market is huge with Huge differences in tastes.

_Ben99_

The game sold a lot didn't it. Its the same with movies Transformers 2 was one of the worst reviewed movies ever but of course the general population doesn't care which I guess can be good or bad. Everyone has different taste which is why we have so many reviewers so that maybe each can expound on something someone else didn't. I can't stress this enough but you shouldn't look at a reviewer's score of the game but rather what they write down. The score is just a quick summation of the thoughts (really quick) so that people don't feel the need to read what the reviewer wrote.

Avatar image for deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
deactivated-61010a1ed19f4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-61010a1ed19f4
Member since 2007 • 3235 Posts
Resistance - its just total trash, its the most generic and plain boring fps there is. Why does it get rated so high? why?
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

Disgaea 3, by far the deepest game on the ps3, but it didn't sell to it's potential, and everyone underrates it for being difficult and actually daring to have a unique art style.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 Melpoe
Member since 2009 • 3635 Posts
Underrated not overrated Mr.Hyde ;) Underrated= Haze,Demon's Souls, Brutal Legend Overrated= Uncharted 2,MGS4,Cod4,Killzone 2 ect ect and ect...
spicoli420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 spicoli420
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

Underrated...hmmmm...not sure. But I thought killzone 2 was overrated. I really tried to get into that game but just couldn't.

IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
Member since 2009 • 723 Posts
I can never, ever forgive the 8.0 that Gamespot gave to Uncharted 1. Although it was during their time of misery and biased reviews (aka consoles)
Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Melpoe

I thought an 8.0 was a great score for it.

Think about it choppy combat, below average AI, short!, the only thing going for Uncharted was its great story, great bunch of characters, voice acting and ofcourse thos graphics :twisted:.

Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

TR Underworld did get a 7, which is in the right score range for a game full of glitches and other technical problems. Personally, I would have given it an 8 or 8.5 because I love that style of gameplay, but I wouldn't quibble over a one point difference and I certainly wouldn't consider it "insanely underrated".

On the other hand, the 7.5 for Disgaea 3 was definitely a crime. It is an outstanding SRPG. I think a lot of the complaints had to do with the graphics – which I agree should have been upgraded – but I doubt even great graphics would have satisfied the reviewers. Its gameplay does not appeal to the average reviewer so they aren't going to give it its due . It's a shame that their clueless reviews discourage people from trying gameplay unfamiliar to them.

Valkyria Chronicles got an 8.5 which is decent. It definitely deserved more, but it wasn't insanely underrated. But it was insane that it didn't sell better. Clearly, the average gamer is like the average reviewer, they don't know a good thing when they see it.

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Resistance - its just total trash, its the most generic and plain boring fps there is. Why does it get rated so high? why?scottiescott238
Thats overrated, not underrated. In your opinion anyway. I thought it was great.
IAMTHEVIPQUEEN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 IAMTHEVIPQUEEN
Member since 2009 • 723 Posts

I thought an 8.0 was a great score for it.

Think about it choppy combat, below average AI, short!, the only thing going for Uncharted was its great story, great bunch of characters, voice acting and ofcourse thos graphics :twisted:.

Melpoe
Is it simply because you don't like popular games? Because the points you brought forward don't jive with the final product that is the game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 deactivated-5ec2b2cb7a41e
Member since 2008 • 2058 Posts

Tomb Raider Underworld

_Ben99_
i agree that TR U was good and worth playing. but it did not get such bad reviews. a 7 is a mediocre review and the gamers gave it a better score. yes imo i deserved a 7 from critics cause this game had potential, there was abolutely not a single difficult shooting battle. lots of guns but about 40 enemies to kill in the whole game. anyway i really e njoyed it though
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

Heavenly Sword. I know its short, but for what it gave you it was awesome. Great voice acting, characters, graphics, fighting engine, and superb use of the sixaxis. It was my first PS3 game and I still use it to show people the awesomeness of the PS3.

Skate 2. A massive upgrade from the first one. So much fun and addictive. Maybe its because I have been skating almost 20 yrs now but that game is as rewarding and frustrating as real skateboarding. I wish more ppl would give it a try and not be scared of the controls and having to actually ollie up curbs.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Heavenly Sword, Grand Theft Auto IV and Bayonetta.

It doesn't really make me angry though...

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

The two games that come to my mind are Haze and Alone in The Dark. I've had nothing but great times with those two titles.

But to say that it makes me angry would be lying. I don't give a damn how others like the games I like.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts
Red Faction Guerilla... it's such an addictive game, it has great presentation & plays very well. Deserved more recognition I think.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
[QUOTE="scottiescott238"]Resistance - its just total trash, its the most generic and plain boring fps there is. Why does it get rated so high? why?

It had one of the best AI to date, it was a simple and fun, the story was interesting and mp was good
Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

FAR CRY 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
Alone in the Dark: Inferno was very good, massively improved over the earlier versions, but most people are still in the mindset that's it's still this buggy, broken game, which couldn't be further from the truth.
Bunnyslippers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bunnyslippers
Member since 2003 • 2171 Posts

Mirrors Edge was underrated and didn't sell so good. Great and unique experience

Onlyplayed the demo but Alone in the Dark is also underrated. Great atmosphere and soundtrack

Avatar image for chedarcheese190
chedarcheese190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 chedarcheese190
Member since 2008 • 793 Posts
Red Faction Guerilla... it's such an addictive game, it has great presentation & plays very well. Deserved more recognition I think. hrt_rulz01
its not that addictive, especially if you have better games.
Avatar image for chedarcheese190
chedarcheese190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 chedarcheese190
Member since 2008 • 793 Posts

Bunnyslippers's picture. most people think shadow of the colossus is one of a kind. this is what happened after shadow of the colossus. it came out in 2002 so yeah it exists.

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts
tomb raider underworld? its under rated because it sucks, i bought that and the lighting was horrible.
juan530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 juan530
Member since 2007 • 493 Posts

its not really underated but infamous because people i know say it looks boring he just shoots electricity then they mention prototype

Keir21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#26 Keir21
Member since 2006 • 5918 Posts
Vampire Rain: Altered Species. It's an improvement over the 360 version and all in all a decent game! it didn't deserve all the 2-3/10 it got. It had a huge emphasis on stealth and was a very atmospheric game with a great soundtrack. The story was also very good. The graphics sucked but that's about it. People who complain about it being too hard are babies. Anyone who can handle Demon Soul's can handle Vampire Rain and I honestly think more people should give it a chance. Most underrated game ever and definitely deserving of a 6-7/10
Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
rise of the argonauts is a really fun underated rpg. it has a strong story and great voice acting. its got its problems and there things i'd change but it just got judged far to harshly and recieved to little attention. it just bought it on a wim and it was highly entertaining. but in terms of most underated i'd go with mirrors edge and dead space both these games were just absolutely great specially dead space and while they did get recognition i think they deserved far more.
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#28 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Disgaea 3, by far the deepest game on the ps3, but it didn't sell to it's potential, and everyone underrates it for being difficult and actually daring to have a unique art style.

Andrew_Xavier

I have to agree. Disgaea 3 was my first Disgaea game and I took the plunge, not knowing what to expect, and I ended up absolutely loving it to bits. I still haven't got round to some of those extra missions yet... I might have to do so eventually. :P

octobermagic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 octobermagic
Member since 2009 • 524 Posts

Bionic commando (not rearmed). That game was fun as all heck. The controls were smooth, graphics were good, music was good and most of all it brought back memories of the ole days. :)

I still don't see why critics dogged that game. Uhhh it makes me so mad i want to go break something. arrrrhhhh.

anotherone10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 anotherone10
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

I think Uncharted 1 was a little underrated at GS. But really it doesn't bother me, just as long as i enjoy the game, to me thats all that matters :)

supa_badman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#31 supa_badman
Member since 2008 • 16714 Posts

I don't get angry over games but I find TimeShift was underrated.

G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Ratchet and Clank (for this generation), The games are as good as ever and it seems no one pays attention to them.

Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#33 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
The Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction review here on GS was a shocker when it came out, considering the average review for the game was like an 88+.
htotheo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 htotheo
Member since 2005 • 2759 Posts

Heavenly Sword. I know its short, but for what it gave you it was awesome. Great voice acting, characters, graphics, fighting engine, and superb use of the sixaxis. It was my first PS3 game and I still use it to show people the awesomeness of the PS3.

Skate 2. A massive upgrade from the first one. So much fun and addictive. Maybe its because I have been skating almost 20 yrs now but that game is as rewarding and frustrating as real skateboarding. I wish more ppl would give it a try and not be scared of the controls and having to actually ollie up curbs.

newhighscore

This is true, First one was also horribly underrated as it pretty musch reinvented skateboarding games.

Melpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Melpoe

Uncharted 1 if I recall was not that popular, sure alot of people loved it and so did I but it was not popular like Halo 3,Cod 4,Resistance 2,Uncharted 2ect ect.

Also I think thos are some pretty good points because a game cant be amazing just because of great graphics and a great story. I always put the story first and if Uncharted 1 did not have such a great story like it did then I would not have enjoyed it as much.

The game had some very bad combat and AI and that can really hurt a game, plus again being short is not going to help with that as well:P. Plus an 8.0 is a good score, it still means the game is great, its not like they gave the game a 7.5 or lower you know ;) In the end tho it all comes down to an opinion, I just do not see how an 8 is a bad score or why Uncharted 1 deserved anything higher since it had some choppy combat and AI, plus a very short campaign like ive said above :).

custerke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 custerke
Member since 2007 • 945 Posts

The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, seriously, this game is rly good. Its just too underrated because most ppl think it will be sh*t like all those other movie-games.

jay_rock_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jay_rock_
Member since 2003 • 1720 Posts

07:34:43

The Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction review here on GS was a shocker when it came out, considering the average review for the game was like an 88+.masterpinky2000
Same here I loved that game it was so much fun too play,but I did hate the cliff hanger...

Death-X-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Death-X-
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
Why Uncharted 1 got 8?? It simply deserves at least 9
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
Why Uncharted 1 got 8?? It simply deserves at least 9Death-X-
doesnt really bother me. i know its a good game and thats all that matters :D
spyd3r108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#40 spyd3r108
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

Vampire Rain: Altered Species. It's an improvement over the 360 version and all in all a decent game! it didn't deserve all the 2-3/10 it got. It had a huge emphasis on stealth and was a very atmospheric game with a great soundtrack. The story was also very good. The graphics sucked but that's about it. People who complain about it being too hard are babies. Anyone who can handle Demon Soul's can handle Vampire Rain and I honestly think more people should give it a chance. Most underrated game ever and definitely deserving of a 6-7/10 Keir21

because it was a COMPLETE copy of whats known as the best PS3 exlusive (MGS4 for those of you who are clueless) and its trashhhh

liinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 liinn
Member since 2008 • 1782 Posts

Bionic Commando and Mirror's Edge.

The two PS3 games that stood out from the games I've played and really had me loving almost every minute of it ( nothing's perfect ). Both didn't get the love.

In Bionic Commando, the amount of action and stunts you can chain together is crazy. And it's not like your regular game where you try not to loose a chain of combos to gather points to summon a lethal hit, it's really just out of pure need for dodging, targeting, getting to your enemy, getting away from your enemy, getting your weapons, etc, etc, kicking-arse, all in mid-air. Feels good.

In Mirror's Edge. You get to run around at super fast pace, doing all kinds of stunts (in a very finely designed environment), to dodge bullets. And when you can chain together a long run, it feels super awesome.

I just finished Uncharted 2. It's great, with seamless blockbuster action-flick cinematics. It has good rhythm and good story. But in the end, I just felt that I was amazed by it, that it was a very finely created game in every technical and artistic aspect. But for Bionic Commando and Mirror's Edge, it really felt awesome, like I was some super-human or something.

cooldust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 cooldust
Member since 2006 • 3283 Posts
The Darkness, More underappreciated than underrated. Sure the story strayed from the comics but the game was still very unique. This does not make me angry though
ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts

Heavenly Sword, Grand Theft Auto IV and Bayonetta.

It doesn't really make me angry though...

Scianix-Black
I knew you'd get bayonetta in there, and I guess that 40/40 from famitsu wasn't enough :roll: :P
ChAlDo205

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ChAlDo205
Member since 2005 • 293 Posts

[QUOTE="scottiescott238"]Resistance - its just total trash, its the most generic and plain boring fps there is. Why does it get rated so high? why?[/QUOTE

Seeing that you play Halo3, i wouldnt be surprised that you would hate a game such as Resistance, Halo3 is possibly the most generic shooter out there now, and bungie seems to be making more and more of it, and you most likely will keep on buying those games.

_Ben99_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 _Ben99_
Member since 2007 • 1264 Posts
[QUOTE="Solori"]

TR Underworld did get a 7, which is in the right score range for a game full of glitches and other technical problems. Personally, I would have given it an 8 or 8.5 because I love that style of gameplay, but I wouldn't quibble over a one point difference and I certainly wouldn't consider it "insanely underrated".

On the other hand, the 7.5 for Disgaea 3 was definitely a crime. It is an outstanding SRPG. I think a lot of the complaints had to do with the graphics – which I agree should have been upgraded – but I doubt even great graphics would have satisfied the reviewers. Its gameplay does not appeal to the average reviewer so they aren't going to give it its due . It's a shame that their clueless reviews discourage people from trying gameplay unfamiliar to them.

Valkyria Chronicles got an 8.5 which is decent. It definitely deserved more, but it wasn't insanely underrated. But it was insane that it didn't sell better. Clearly, the average gamer is like the average reviewer, they don't know a good thing when they see it.

It's tomb raider what did you expect? as a fan of the series I want it to be the same platforming and puzzles . If someone wants more he could look for another game but this game is what it is and I'm pretty sure fans would want it to be like that . As for glitches and sttuborn camera , I don't think such minor issues ruined that game at all
wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Ratchet & Clank TOD
Tomrock101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#47 Tomrock101
Member since 2008 • 858 Posts

I personally don't like it.

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
i just thought of another one, x-men origins wolverine. that game is super underated it was better then the movie. and in my opinion one of the better if not best representation of wolverine apart from the comic books of course.
skp_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 skp_16
Member since 2005 • 3854 Posts

Way of the Samurai 3

aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Folklore. A very under appreciated game that no one talks about anymore.