INFAMOUS 2 gameplay AWESOME!!!!!!

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FaintRain
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

Watch

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

I havent even played the first one yet lol

yeaaboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 yeaaboii
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts

Thanks but this was posted yesterday

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheEldestGod
Member since 2010 • 4142 Posts

yeaaboii
And its still amazing!
DevilBorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 DevilBorg
Member since 2009 • 810 Posts
Awesome, yes. I still don't like the new Cole, it'll take a while to get used to. But everything else looks fun.
HarDcore_RpG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HarDcore_RpG
Member since 2008 • 546 Posts

looks amazing, cant wait!

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
[QUOTE="yeaaboii"]

TheEldestGod
And its still amazing!

By far! I saw it yesterday & actually stayed a few minutes at work in order to watch it again.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Animatronic64
Member since 2010 • 3971 Posts

Looks bad ass, and the one thing I don't like is the new voice actor for Cole.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

[QUOTE="yeaaboii"]

TheEldestGod

And its still amazing!

Damn straight it is! That's gotta be one of the best gameplay trailers I've ever seen.

Souwoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Souwoo
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

I say this with all seriousness, I was not interested in this game at all until I saw this video...Reminds me of Uncharted 2 graphics wise.

zidan4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 zidan4000
Member since 2006 • 3167 Posts
the new cole honestly looks and sounds stupid , i like the original one much better specially his voice it was ice cold bad a$$ voice. now he sounds like a sissy.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Animatronic64
the new cole honestly looks and sounds stupid , i like the original one much better specially his voice it was ice cold bad a$$ voice. now he sounds like a sissy.zidan4000
Nathan Drake rip off is all I can say, then again the original Cole was more like a Nathan Hale rip off. Maybe this is Sucker Punch's way of paying homage to other developers.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
Looks mediocre to me.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheEldestGod
Looks mediocre to me.GrandJury
You wanna see something mediocre? Look down next time you're in the shower! :P Ya know I love ya! :D
jack00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jack00
Member since 2006 • 4265 Posts
I honestly don't understand why they had to COMPLETELY change the look of Cole that one, instead of playing a bad ass now we get to play an f*g emo character, YAY! I'm gonna pass on this game and they don't do something about this none sense.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GrandJury

[QUOTE="GrandJury"]Looks mediocre to me.TheEldestGod
You wanna see something mediocre? Look down next time you're in the shower! :P Ya know I love ya! :D

Yeah you're right, my feet look terrible.

TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheEldestGod

[QUOTE="TheEldestGod"][QUOTE="GrandJury"]Looks mediocre to me.GrandJury

Yeah you're right, my feet look terrible.

:lol:
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

I honestly don't understand why they had to COMPLETELY change the look of Cole that one, instead of playing a bad ass now we get to play an f*g emo character, YAY! I'm gonna pass on this game and they don't do something about this none sense.jack00

harsh much?

and even if Cole looked that way, simply looking like an *expletive* emo does not equate to him being one.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GrandJury
jack00
Are you even serious? I mean you can't be?
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
the new cole honestly looks and sounds stupid , i like the original one much better specially his voice it was ice cold bad a$$ voice. now he sounds like a sissy.zidan4000
The original Cole was not much of a character, the angry at the world anti hero thing has been done to death. My question from this trailer is if the destruction shown something that can happen anytime, or was it a one time set piece.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="jack00"]I honestly don't understand why they had to COMPLETELY change the look of Cole that one, instead of playing a bad ass now we get to play an f*g emo character, YAY! I'm gonna pass on this game and they don't do something about this none sense.Rakuho

harsh much?

and even if Cole looked that way, simply looking like an *expletive* emo does not equate to him being one.

Emo? Yeah, that's just absurd. For god's sake he's wearing track pants. I mean, I guess he's as much of an "emo" as Nathan Drake, but more than that? No. I personally think the only thing that's really odd about the new Cole is his voice. Growing your hair out and changing your clothes is one thing, changing your voice is another. If Snake (MGS) or Kratos (GoW) got a change in voice, they just wouldn't be the same, they would loose what made them unique or special in the first place. Now, I'll be the first to say that Cole isn't the most original character to begin with. That has to do mostly with his look more than anything else, because his voice was incredible. Well, either way, it's a bad move on Sucker Punch's part. Thankfuly, the rest of the game looks more than great.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="jack00"]I honestly don't understand why they had to COMPLETELY change the look of Cole that one, instead of playing a bad ass now we get to play an f*g emo character, YAY! I'm gonna pass on this game and they don't do something about this none sense.Animatronic64

harsh much?

Emo? Yeah, that's just absurd. For god's sake he's wearing track pants. I mean, I guess he's as much of an "emo" as Nathan Drake, but more than that? No. I personally think the only thing that's really odd about the new Cole is his voice. Growing your hair out and changing your clothes is one thing, changing your voice is another. If Snake (MGS) or Kratos (GoW) got a change in voice, they just wouldn't be the same, they would loose what made them unique or special in the first place. Now, I'll be the first to say that Cole isn't the most original character to begin with. That has to do mostly with his look more than anything else, because his voice was incredible. Well, either way, it's a bad move on Sucker Punch's part. Thankfuly, the rest of the game looks more than great.

From what I've read, SP only changed voice actors because it decided to implement Motion Capture in InF2 (a la Uncharted). Since the previous voice actor was only a voice actor and nothing more, SP decided to hire someone who could sing and dance, so to speak :P.

So why go through all of this trouble? the answer is to simply make the game more cinematic and the animations more realistic and fluid.

side note: the old voice actor kind of sounded like Snake with a throat infection :P ... which was pretty awesome actually.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I was hoping to see a lot more new things. This looks like Infamous 1.5, but thats not really a bad thing. The game looks better than the first and I'm sure it will be just as awesome.
Animatronic64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Animatronic64

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"]

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

harsh much?

Rakuho

From what I've read, SP only changed voice actors because it decided to implement Motion Capture in InF2 (a la Uncharted). Since the previous voice actor was only a voice actor and nothing more, SP decided to hire someone who could sing and dance, so to speak :P.

So why go through all of this trouble? the answer is to simply make the game more cinematic and the animations more realistic and fluid.

side note: the old voice actor kind of sounded like Snake with a throat infection :P ... which was pretty awesome actually.

At the least they could have found someone who has a similar voice to him. It's like giving Kratos the voice of Nathan Drake. It's just a bad move all around.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rakuho

I was hoping to see a lot more new things. This looks like Infamous 1.5, but thats not really a bad thing. The game looks better than the first and I'm sure it will be just as awesome.Ninja_Zombie83

then what would be InFamous 2.0 from your perspective then? [conditional question]: and if it's something wildly different from the first, would it be reasonable to implement such changes in the sequel? I'm only asking out of pure curiosity, not to start something.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Rakuho

[QUOTE="Rakuho"]

[QUOTE="Animatronic64"] Emo? Yeah, that's just absurd. For god's sake he's wearing track pants. I mean, I guess he's as much of an "emo" as Nathan Drake, but more than that? No. I personally think the only thing that's really odd about the new Cole is his voice. Growing your hair out and changing your clothes is one thing, changing your voice is another. If Snake (MGS) or Kratos (GoW) got a change in voice, they just wouldn't be the same, they would loose what made them unique or special in the first place. Now, I'll be the first to say that Cole isn't the most original character to begin with. That has to do mostly with his look more than anything else, because his voice was incredible. Well, either way, it's a bad move on Sucker Punch's part. Thankfuly, the rest of the game looks more than great.

Animatronic64

At the least they could have found someone who has a similar voice to him. It's like giving Kratos the voice of Nathan Drake. It's just a bad move all around.

I'm not for or against the move. Like you, I would have preferred for SP to select someone with a voice similar to the previous voice actor's, but truth be told, it wasn't Cole's voice that made me fall in love with InF in the first place. It was the game play. So naturally, I'm not going to let this new voice actor to get in my way of enjoying the sequel.

BTW, did you watch the E3 trailer (where Cole said a bit more than just one line)... I must say, his voice really didn't seem so bad, despite it being different.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Ninja_Zombie83

[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]I was hoping to see a lot more new things. This looks like Infamous 1.5, but thats not really a bad thing. The game looks better than the first and I'm sure it will be just as awesome.Rakuho

then what would be InFamous 2.0 from your perspective then? [conditional question]: and if it's something wildly different from the first, would it be reasonable to implement such changes in the sequel? I'm only asking out of pure curiosity, not to start something.

Thats a good question honestly, and my reason for calling it InFamous 1.5 is based off of what little I have seen so far, so I will be happy to admit that I could be jumping the gun because I liked the first one.

Honestly, what is different so far? Gameplay wasn't much, but from what I see, the enemies are different and there's a new skin to the player. Not much else.

To me, InFamous 2 (or any sequel) should take the core of the game and find new ways to apply it. Cole is basically a spiderman that can use lightning so toss in some characters with other powerswho came about them in a similar way that Cole did. Hell make each one have a faction to progress the story line. This could lead to a multiplayer option if they wanted. Maybe instead of making Cole look totally different (including voice) how about you just keep the old Cole, give this new Cole a different name, and present us with Co-op!

Since the game hasn't even been released and we barley know much about the game in terms of powers, story etc. I could very well be wrong...but it issomewhat dissapointing for the selling points of InFamous2 to be "look, a new skin! Andwe gave him amassive tuning fork to fightDead Space zombies!"

I was hoping they would push things a little further than what was showed to us so far. Having not read anything about the game and only seen the gameplay, I would guess the game goes something like this: Government now see's Cole as a terrorist, tries to kill/blackmail him, things go wrong, Cole saves the day, gets maybe 4 new powers, goes undercover till InFamous 3. Very similar to InFamous 1.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rakuho
@Ninja_Zombie83 i see. so those are the kind of changes you're looking for/suggesting (off the top of your head I assume). As for me, for a game that's part of a series to be called a true sequel (2.0), not much is needed to be improved upon. As long as there would be some character development, a new story (that somehow ties in with the prequel's), some game-play related additions, a few mechanical tweaks, and slightly improved visuals/animations (not necessary), i would be completely satisfied. As for the selling point of InF2, i have no doubt it's something superficial... i mean SP did decide to change the appearance of the person on whom the entire game hinges, just to make him more "appealing" to the general public after all... Anyway, as interesting as it would be to continue this discussion, I think it would be wise to set all speculation aside for the moment and wait for more information about the minor/significant additions that SP implemented. But if anything, i can say this with certainty: after viewing the trailer and game play vid, InF2 looks to be a hell of a fun game :).
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Everything was great except i don't really like how the camera zooms in every time you hit an enemy.

I got used to Cole's voice from the first game and don't like this one but thats a minor complaint.

dah_master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dah_master
Member since 2009 • 643 Posts

I really find that new voice annoying...Maybe SP will explain why the voice changed. I mean getting hit by a blast that give you lightning powers might give you hair right? and a new voice?

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
I hate the new voice. The old one was so cool!!!
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sepewrath

Thats a good question honestly, and my reason for calling it InFamous 1.5 is based off of what little I have seen so far, so I will be happy to admit that I could be jumping the gun because I liked the first one.

Honestly, what is different so far? Gameplay wasn't much, but from what I see, the enemies are different and there's a new skin to the player. Not much else.Ninja_Zombie83

A sequel is interesting, basically what you said is what they have shown so far, you added a few new characters, the whole faction thing you mentioned sounds like an expansion on those nuts that popped up everywhere in the first game. With a sequel, expansion is really all you can do, if you change a lot, its not a sequel, its a completely new game. The basic core of the experience will remain the same, the powers, the parkour, the mission based structure, you have to retain those elements for it to be the same series.

Adding co-op is just a second guy doing the same thing, it doesn't really change anything. With a sequel, definitely in the case of Infamous, the sequel should be a better overall game. Because the first had its fair number of problems, those should be ironed out in the second. That's all a sequel is, improvements, a few new mechanics built on top of the core and a new or continued story. Also your guess is way off lol, there is a game informer article floating around, I recommend giving it a read.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

gameplay = pretty awesome

graphics = better then the first (hope the framerate is better)

his look = better

his voice = earplugs :P

bigboss1203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36 bigboss1203
Member since 2009 • 1885 Posts

Looks awesome, will definitely buy it when it comes out :D

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
gorgeous game i cant wait day one purhase for me
Avatar image for TroubleMaker411
TroubleMaker411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 TroubleMaker411
Member since 2009 • 1445 Posts

It does look phenominal.

The more i watch video for this game, the more i get used to coles voice.

I love the new look (minus the hair) but i will look for any excuse to steal another tattoo to put on myself :lol:

I quite like the building destruction, but i'm concerned that it'll have an affect on the game's playability.

If the game has to reload certain buildings having been destroyed, how are they going to keep the next to perfect zero load time they had in 1.

I suppose i will get used to changes, i am looking forward to getting on that crazy cattle prod looking thing. And the combat looks pretty decent

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Ninja_Zombie83

InFamous 2 looks like InFamous 1, but more polished and a couple of tweaks. I don't see this as a bad thing at all for a sequel, but like GoW series, it can become boring (to me at least) very quickly if they choose to refine instead of expand. But...it worked really well for Uncharted 2, so maybe InFamous 2 can get away with it.

But you can drastically change a sequel without changing the core of the game. MGS series has done this with every new release, so has CoD andRE. Some for the better, some for the worse, but at least it keeps you interested.

Granted, I don't have a lot of room to speak since there isn't a lot of information about InFamous 2 (and I'll look for that article btw, thanks), I still have high expectations. One thing is for sure, I've got my eye on it and some money already set aside.

UltimateRAGEX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#40 UltimateRAGEX
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts
I thought he was just a new guy altogether?
tommy7154

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tommy7154
Member since 2005 • 344 Posts

Looks great. I pre ordered this along with Bulletstorm. Both look like a lot of fun.

dinjo_jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#42 dinjo_jo
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts
Most awesome ever
Rootbeer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Rootbeer95
Member since 2010 • 490 Posts
Looks great, although I think they've changed the look of Cole and the setting way too much. Cole looks younger and more stereotypical (for a hero, anyway) while the setting ,despite all the destruction and everything, looks almost medieval or late 19th century, in contrast to the modern Empire City of the first game.
Wolfetan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Wolfetan
Member since 2010 • 7522 Posts

InFamous 2 looks like InFamous 1, but more polished and a couple of tweaks. I don't see this as a bad thing at all for a sequel, but like GoW series, it can become boring (to me at least) very quickly if they choose to refine instead of expand. But...it worked really well for Uncharted 2, so maybe InFamous 2 can get away with it.

But you can drastically change a sequel without changing the core of the game. MGS series has done this with every new release, so has CoD andRE. Some for the better, some for the worse, but at least it keeps you interested.

Granted, I don't have a lot of room to speak since there isn't a lot of information about InFamous 2 (and I'll look for that article btw, thanks), I still have high expectations. One thing is for sure, I've got my eye on it and some money already set aside.

Ninja_Zombie83
Are you kidding me. There is so much new New graphics, new voice actor, new look, Ice powers, Destructible enviroments, in an interview their changing how you upgrade the powers, there dcould be mulitplayer (SP neither denied or confirmed it) New City, new enemys, more powers. If you want to complain about a 1.5, talk about every game. What game really was a 2.0,if Infamous 2 is a 1.5.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Sepewrath

Ninja_Zombie83
lol CoD? CoD is the worst example for everything except how to repackage the same game every year lol. I never noticed any drastic changes in MGS in any of the first 4, those were definitely expanding and refining mechanics. RE never changed until RE4 and then RE5 was just RE4, but they gave Ashley a gun. If these are series that you believe really changed in their sequels, you should be fine with Infamous and just about everything really except maybe Madden which is the only game worst than CoD with the same thing every year-itis :P
cabose38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 cabose38
Member since 2005 • 1162 Posts

I wish they didn't have to change voice actor's for continuity's sake. The only thing that really changed him is that his hair grew back.

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Ninja_Zombie83

[QUOTE="Ninja_Zombie83"]

Sepewrath

lol CoD? CoD is the worst example for everything except how to repackage the same game every year lol. I never noticed any drastic changes in MGS in any of the first 4, those were definitely expanding and refining mechanics. RE never changed until RE4 and then RE5 was just RE4, but they gave Ashley a gun. If these are series that you believe really changed in their sequels, you should be fine with Infamous and just about everything really except maybe Madden which is the only game worst than CoD with the same thing every year-itis :P

CoD changes everything except for the engine it uses (thats normal anyways), and even that is dependant on the developer at the time. Guns, setting, perks, killstreaks, mini games...all pretty different. Even CoD MW and MW2 are drastically different (hence the complaints). Those fimiliar with the series can agree that each game feels completley different.

RE has also changed from the horror game (RE 1 & 2) the multiplayer (Outbreak) and the action (RE 4)and co-op (RE5) among others. I think you are scoping in on just 2 of the many games RE has had, but there have been big changes every sequel.

MGS not having drastic changes every sequel is like saying Mario hasn't changed in 20 years. Just the camo and stealth gameplay alone has changed, not including graphics, story, combat, weapons, setting, characters, and many others. I hope I either missread your comment or you are being sarcastic.

At first look, InFamous 2 looks more polished than the first...but I don't see a big difference yet. InFamous isn't known for its great story, it was known as doing something fresh and new. I just think its kinda dissapointing to see that the sequel isn't taking things to a new level, but has instead decided to refine what they did the first time. There's nothing wrong with that though.Assasins Creed did great, so did Uncharted, so can InFamous. I am just fine with InFamous, but I don't strive to play mediocre or good games. I want to see the envelope pushed like they did the first time.

MalachiLiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MalachiLiu
Member since 2003 • 462 Posts

Loved the first one and thanks to this video i absolutely cannot wait for this!

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#49 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Wow, the use of lightning looks amazing, maybe more so for me since I haven't played the first one yet but I'll try to get it ASAP.
TheEldestGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheEldestGod
Wow, the use of lightning looks amazing, maybe more so for me since I haven't played the first one yet but I'll try to get it ASAP.fabz_95
Do it! That game is so awesome and it has some of the coolest lighting effects.