I'm debating getting a 3ds or psvita.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zhnun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 zhnun
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts

What are the best reasons for getting a psvita over a 3ds.

final_lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 final_lap
Member since 2006 • 388 Posts

Vita doesn't have a 2nd screen stapled to the top of it.

winner: Vita

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

I would just get the 3DS. The base hardware for the Vita, is more expensive then factor in memory cards and it's ridiculous. The 3DS also has an amazingly solid line of games and it's only getting better and better, meanwhile the only real support the Vita is getting is indie games you can play on other platform's. Judging by E3 it feels like Sony has altogether given up on the system, I mean they didn't even drop the price like they did in Japan. What I could say the Vita does better is the Playstation Network, as a whole is better than Nintendo's online infracstature, also the PSN store, is better than the Eshop in content and quality. Also unlike the 3DS, Sony has account support so if you break or lose your system all of your content is gone forever (Seriously that's terrible) it doesn't seem like Nintendo is getting the hang of online has of yet as their account system is still muddled down. Also the Vita isn't region locked so you can import games if you're into that sort of thing.

Geminon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Geminon
Member since 2012 • 1177 Posts
just get a 3DS.... there is absolutely no compelling reason to get a VITA right now. hopefully in the future there will be though.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Do your own research.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

to put it bluntly: get a 3ds for now, or get a vita for the long run.

3ds is doing good now, lot of good games to play if ur new to the system (i do not mean to imply that its steam will let up)

the vita has few games and even fewer great games, but once the ps4 comes out, even if they never release a new vita game, itll still be worth it (if u have a ps4 i mean), plus the psp/ps1 collection of games.

i love em both, cant get both? if ya get a ps4, get a vita; if not get a 3ds.

zhnun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zhnun
Member since 2010 • 55 Posts

I have i just wanted some other points of view.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Do your own research.

Gxgear

gtfo

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

What are the best reasons for getting a psvita over a 3ds.

zhnun
I think the ps vita has the better graphics and the 3ds has 3d. but i never played on a 3ds, i heard it's cool I'm looking for a portable system too
Nickprovs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Nickprovs
Member since 2008 • 1199 Posts

Read my blog if there's a part of you that is still interested in the vita. Owning a vita might be less than stellar right now if you've owned it for a while. But it can be a welcome purchase for newcomers. The PS Vita isn't dead.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts
oh boy this thread again... well i will be brutal here.. the only games on the vita currently that i would say is original and not a remake/rehash/multiplat release are escape plan and gravity daze.. some people may claim that persona 4 is hte very essence of god's breath come in the form of a game but it couldnt be further from the truth.. not a bad game by any means.. but not as good as people complain... for most of the vita games there are better alternatives on the 3ds.. oh and the 3ds also has a stellar set of games coming up soon.. vita is a winner in terms of tech.. the handheld is truly a joy to behold with its amoled screen.. but the 3ds is better for games.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Do your own research.

evildead6789

gtfo

No?

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I own both handhelds and but so far I'm on my vita more than my 3ds because gaming on is a bit more entertaining to me. Gotta love that OLED screen!

WllDan7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 WllDan7
Member since 2004 • 2581 Posts
I would love to tell you to get a vita but I am not. Vita is looking pretty barren in terms of games. Tech is good but this tech means nothing with no games. And the prices are still bad. The remote play feature looks good but not good enough for me to pick it over getting a ps4 either this year or next. So go with a 3ds. It is pretty much a hot streak now. There should be something that fits with you if you get one.
marcl18123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 marcl18123
Member since 2006 • 2050 Posts
depends on what games you like and how often you plan on playing it. if u dont care for pokemon and like fighting games, shooters and rpgs, the vita isnt bad. And i find that the vita has plenty of games, tho i never have so much time to invest in gaming, that i run out of games to play.