Ideas for new Perks in COD4

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 zatoninja
Member since 2004 • 581 Posts
I would lkie to see perks that let you wear the same clothes as your opponents, make the radar swipes faster, or make your "red dot" on the opponents UAV to be like 5ft off position to through them off. I'd like to hear your ideas for new perks, so post them if you have some.
whackedjob213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 whackedjob213
Member since 2006 • 2103 Posts
Uour first idea is terrible as it makes the game even mroe unfair for n00bs but the others are fine. It really needs a perk where you can throw back grenades faster.
zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 zatoninja

Uour first idea is terrible as it makes the game even mroe unfair for n00bs but the others are fine. It really needs a perk where you can throw back grenades faster.whackedjob213

Yeah, they really need a Auto-Throwback perk, or something like it.

foxtrot_iv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 foxtrot_iv
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts

I would lkie to see perks that let you wear the same clothes as your opponents, make the radar swipes faster, or make your "red dot" on the opponents UAV to be like 5ft off position to through them off. I'd like to hear your ideas for new perks, so post them if you have some.zatoninja

that'd make the perk as bad as tf2's spies.. and they're the most hatable gamers of all time

Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

As far as perks I'd like to see a soft landing perk, and like others have said a perk for faster grenade pickup/throwback or at least better range for doing so.

Aside from perks I think they need pistol challenges and maybe a pistol with a scope.

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zatoninja

As far as perks I'd like to see a soft landing perk, and like others have said a perk for faster grenade pickup/throwback or at least better range for doing so.

Aside from perks I think they need pistol challenges and maybe a pistol with a scope.

Dr-Strangelove

I slao thought they should have some Handgun challenges, that would be pretty cool.

foxtrot_iv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 foxtrot_iv
how about a perk that lets you wear the ghillie suit no matter what primary weapon u use. or a perk that makes a dot flash in the corner of u'r HUD whenever someone aims their sights at u. or one that lets u equip a supressor and a scope on a weapon at the same time (this could include grips ect.)
foxtrot_iv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 foxtrot_iv
[QUOTE="Dr-Strangelove"]

zatoninja

I slao thought they should have some Handgun challenges, that would be pretty cool.

handguns should have more attachments like laser sights and camo for u'r pistols
also for assult/sniper rifles u should be able to equip drapes (like on the m21 in single player)

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zatoninja

how about a perk that lets you wear the ghillie suit no matter what primary weapon u use. or a perk that makes a dot flash in the corner of u'r HUD whenever someone aims their sights at u. or one that lets u equip a supressor and a scope on a weapon (this could include grips ect.)foxtrot_iv

Having a perk that let's you wear the ghillie at all times, or equiping 2 attachments on the same weapon would be sweet. I don't know why you can't equip the Red Dot with a Silencer? It would also be cool to have a Silencer on a Sniper Rifle like they do in the main campaign. How about a perk that doesn't show the kill-cam when you kill people.

mikel33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mikel33
Member since 2008 • 108 Posts
just press square, no big deal
foxtrot_iv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 foxtrot_iv

[QUOTE="foxtrot_iv"]how about a perk that lets you wear the ghillie suit no matter what primary weapon u use. or a perk that makes a dot flash in the corner of u'r HUD whenever someone aims their sights at u. or one that lets u equip a supressor and a scope on a weapon (this could include grips ect.)zatoninja

Having a perk that let's you wear the ghillie at all times, or equiping 2 attachments on the same weapon would be sweet. I don't know why you can't equip the Red Dot with a Silencer? It would also be cool to have a Silencer on a Sniper Rifle like they do in the main campaign. How about a perk that doesn't show the kill-cam when you kill people.

that kill cam's a sweet idea.. but i think the kill cam's there to keep ppl from using exploits/ hacks partly

how 'bout a perk for higher screen contrast so u can see more clearly?

foxtrot_iv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 foxtrot_iv

just press square, no big dealmikel33

he means the kill cam the ppl he just killed sees.. cos it gives away u'r position if u'r sniping

Dr-Strangelove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dr-Strangelove
Member since 2005 • 811 Posts

[QUOTE="foxtrot_iv"]how about a perk that lets you wear the ghillie suit no matter what primary weapon u use. or a perk that makes a dot flash in the corner of u'r HUD whenever someone aims their sights at u. or one that lets u equip a supressor and a scope on a weapon (this could include grips ect.)zatoninja

You have to have the kill cam, it helps decrease camping abuse. Sniper Rifles should be silenceable. Though most of the time it wouldn't matter, most levels like Wet Work, you're so far out of the main action it doesn't matter you're not silenced. Other levels like Crossfire or Ambush only have so many viable sniping locations, if you get sniped you'll know with kill cam where they are and how to take them out roughly.

Having a red dot + silencer though would be way overpowered. The only drawback now for red dot is that you appear on map, if you're good enough to know to move from where you were fighting or turn around and check out the area it's not a problem to pop up on someone's radar. If anything it helps at times to lure more people to you to be killed.

Like when Chuck Norris lures pirates to himself

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 zatoninja

that kill cam's a sweet idea.. but i think the kill cam's there to keep ppl from using exploits/ hacks partly

foxtrot_iv

Well the anti-kill-cam would be good for snipers, but yeah, people do cheat on COD4. I was 5ft away from this one guy and unloaded a full clip from my P90, but he didn't take 1 hit. I quit that match right then and there.

foxtrot_iv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 foxtrot_iv
[QUOTE="foxtrot_iv"]

zatoninja

Well the anti-kill-cam would be good for snipers, but yeah, people do cheat on COD4. I was 5ft away from this one guy and unloaded a full clip from my P90, but he didn't take 1 hit. I quit that match right then and there.

if u think cod4 can be bad u clearly haven't played metal gear online 1.. now in that game there were glichers

djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 djxaquaxblue
Member since 2004 • 2539 Posts
OH AND AND AND there should be a perk that lets you become a T-800 with metal endoskeleton equiped with a laser pulse rifle!...............;)
foxtrot_iv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 foxtrot_iv

OH AND AND AND there should be a perk that lets you become a T-800 with metal endoskeleton equiped with a laser pulse rifle!...............;)
djxaquaxblue

"endoskeleton"??

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 zatoninja

djxaquaxblue

Laser Pulse Rifles would be AWESOME! lol

Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

Auto Stealth Perk - changes your camo ; depends on where you are standing

Ex. - You have ghillie suit (green leaves) and you try to run across cement but you look like a moving swamp monster , what do you do? You use the Auto Stealth Perk. Now you can have ghillie suit and when you run across cement, the suit automatically blends into the enviorment.

Double Attachment Perk - Have 2 attachments on your weapon

Ex. - You have a shotgun and you want a red dot sight and a grip ; you can have it. Or a RPD with a red dot sight with a grip.

Pistol Attachments - Allows you to put attachment on your pistols

Ex. - Flashlights, Armor Piercing Rounds, Red Dot Sight , Larger Clips, Auto/Semi-Auto Firing

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zatoninja

Ex. - You have ghillie suit (green leaves) and you try to run across cement but you look like a moving swamp monster , what do you do? You use the Auto Stealth Perk. Now you can have ghillie suit and when you run across cement, the suit automatically blends into the enviorment.

Ex. - You have a shotgun and you want a red dot sight and a grip ; you can have it. Or a RPD with a red dot sight with a grip.

Ex. - Flashlights, Armor Piercing Rounds, Red Dot Sight , Larger Clips, Auto/Semi-Auto Firing

Sony_92

The Handgun attachments would be sweet, but the stealth camo is really more of a Metal Gear thing.

Sony_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sony_92
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts

Extra Special Perk - Allows you to have 6 perks in total, 5 are avalible

2 of every perk group exept the first group

Ex.

Extra Special , Fragx3, Deep Impact, Extreme Conditioning, Stopping Power, Fast Reload

FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

Sony_92
Just wondering why would they need flashlights wouldn't that make you more noticeable. Also i think deep impact and other damage perks work with Pistols also.
zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 zatoninja

Extra Special Perk - Allows you to have 6 perks in total, 5 are avalible

2 of every perk group exept the first group

Ex.

Extra Special , Fragx3, Deep Impact, Extreme Conditioning, Stopping Power, Fast Reload

Sony_92

That's WAY to powerful of a perk!

Ex = UAV Jammer, Stopping Power, Martrydom, Steady Aim, and Fragx3...

...NO WAY!!!!

Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

Double pistol damage.

Increased running speed. (If this is different from Extreme conditioning which I think makes you run longer).

Auto secondary replacement. (Automatically replaces your pistol with a dropped weapon.

Extra RPG ammo (1 or 2)

Sixth Sense (alert when enemy in 10 or 20 foot square radius)

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 zatoninja

Increased running speed. (If this is different from Extreme conditioning which I think makes you run longer).

Silverdragon17

The increased running speed is a good idea. It would also be cool if they made a perk that allows you to aim your weapon while running, cause it sucks when you run into somebody and you can't pull out your weapon fast enough.

poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts
[QUOTE="Sony_92"]

FF6fan

Just wondering why would they need flashlights wouldn't that make you more noticeable. Also i think deep impact and other damage perks work with Pistols also.

you could use the flashlight to blind people, kkinda like a flash bang but less powerful.

they should have so when you kill 10 people you get to call in a pack of attack dogs agains your enemys, that would be tight

Karaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Karaam
Member since 2005 • 678 Posts
"they should have so when you kill 10 people you get to call in a pack of attack dogs agains your enemys, that would be tight." attack dogs is a freaking good idea, it should be a patch. like calling them at 12 kills after the chopper, that would do some serious damage. but a good perk that I had in mind would be steady aim but when your aiming down the sight, perfect for when your using an AK47 or a LMG.
johnlennon28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 johnlennon28
Member since 2008 • 2158 Posts
man, those perks are gonna make more people to complain about, Imagine how many people complain about martyrdom and last stand perk, well its gonna be twice as much.... anyway all I wish is being able to CONTROL the CHOPPER, even for just a short amount of time.
djxaquaxblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 djxaquaxblue
Member since 2004 • 2539 Posts
They should have a perk where you can use rocket launchers that shoot out chainsaws!!!...JOHNNY XTREME!!!!...TO THE MAX!!!!...LMAO!
LilWyte419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LilWyte419
Member since 2007 • 543 Posts
i think that there should be be an option to wear a gillie suit no matter what guns you have. .so then if your sniping at a place with no grass you can choose not to use one, it makes you even more visible.
bryan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 bryan2020
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

I think adding shields to the game would be great .

As in being able to carry a shield with a shot gun or a pistol. Listed under perk 1 .

As for perks i think this would be great :

Motion sensor : Allows you to detect movement 20yd feat around on your radar as red dots.

Or Thermal Goggles : replaces your nightvision goggles with Thermal goggles .

Both of those under perk 2 .

Quadrifoglio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Quadrifoglio
Member since 2006 • 5451 Posts

How about a double jump perk? Or a chainsaw instead of a knife?

DX_HBK_HHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DX_HBK_HHH
Member since 2006 • 1452 Posts
'Freeze time perk' allowing you to freeze timee for ten seconds.:P j/k
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Javelin Missiles (x2) or a Flamethrower with 50 ammo. Perk 1

Improved Attachments- (Grenade Launcher x3 with greater accuracy, damage, and less "dud" percentage) (Red Dot: Increased Accuracy and Slightly Increased Damage) (Silencer: Doesn't decrease Range, Slightly Increased Accuracy and Damage) (ACOG: Doesn't Increase Range, Increased Accuracy and Damage, removes outer scope border and gun is semi-automatic) (Grip: Zero recoil, faster reloading and slighly increased range, accuracy and damage). Perk 2

Second Chance- After getting killed, for 5 seconds hold square (if you wish to respawn normally press square once), instead of respawning normally, you have 10 seconds of invinciblity and greatly increased stats, each kill/captured objective is tripled. After 10 seconds is up, you die and can't respawn for 30 seconds. Note: Cannot activate if killed by headshot) Perk 3

Silent Rage- When near death (red hazy screen), you can sprint 3 times longer and faster, shots you fire don't appear as red dots on map, UAV Jammer is in effect and knife melee is faster and greater range.) Perk 3

Jack of All Trades: Frag x1, Smoke x1, Stun x1, Flash x1, Claymore x1, C4 x1, RPG-7 x1 (Note: Cannot be used with Grenade Launcher attachment or Overkill perk.) Perk 1

Karaam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Karaam
Member since 2005 • 678 Posts
dude above, you are one precise guy. Do you know how many people are going to be complaining. BTW most of the time you only last for like 5 minuts or less. So all of those things will make you somewhat invincible for like the whole game.
bryan2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 bryan2020
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

I think keeping things realistic to a degree is what keeps the game enjoyable .

Microwave : nano microwaves attached to your suit that will deep fry enemies 10yd around .

Truck horn : A truck horn positioned on your helmet to daze enemies in your line of sigh with unlimited range .

Last summon : A perk activated when you die that will summon shiva the god of death to kill all enemies in the map.

Care bear : Care bear protects you from enemies bullets and kills them for you through using his sniper rifle , care bear doesnt die only tranquilzed ... oh snap no tranquilzer gun ... tough luck.

Yeah .. i think those would balance the game , its modern warfare after all.

also after doing a 12 kill streak they should let you call a nuclear bomb that will kill everyone in the map and keeps them dead .

If you have not noticed im joking :P

Avatar image for clarkportmanken
clarkportmanken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clarkportmanken
Member since 2003 • 1714 Posts
anti martydrom perk. automatically set of martydom on any enemy players within 15 feet. so they martydom themselves.
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 CosmoKing7717
Member since 2004 • 4602 Posts

Improved Attachments- (Grenade Launcher x3 with greater accuracy, damage, and less "dud" percentage) (Red Dot: Increased Accuracy and Slightly Increased Damage) (Silencer: Doesn't decrease Range, Slightly Increased Accuracy and Damage) (ACOG: Doesn't Increase Range, Increased Accuracy and Damage, removes outer scope border and gun is semi-automatic) (Grip: Zero recoil, faster reloading and slighly increased range, accuracy and damage). Perk 2

Second Chance- After getting killed, for 5 seconds hold square (if you wish to respawn normally press square once), instead of respawning normally, you have 10 seconds of invinciblity and greatly increased stats, each kill/captured objective is tripled. After 10 seconds is up, you die and can't respawn for 30 seconds. Note: Cannot activate if killed by headshot) Perk 3

Silent Rage- When near death (red hazy screen), you can sprint 3 times longer and faster, shots you fire don't appear as red dots on map, UAV Jammer is in effect and knife melee is faster and greater range.) Perk 3

Jack of All Trades: Frag x1, Smoke x1, Stun x1, Flash x1, Claymore x1, C4 x1, RPG-7 x1 (Note: Cannot be used with Grenade Launcher attachment or Overkill perk.) Perk 1

KamuiFei
you're asking for more noob tubers and making the game unrealistic huh =(
KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts
[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

CosmoKing7717

Hehe, I dunno, I would just thinking outside the box I guess.

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

KamuiFei

Hehe, I dunno, I would just thinking outside the box I guess.

lol not trying to be mean...but just thinkin about how cod4 is...dont really know if these will work with the game...
Floodedstreet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Floodedstreet
Member since 2004 • 147 Posts
thermal goggles/x-ray goggles as a toggle mode for night vision. it would work as follows: up: night vision up(2x): thermal vision up(3x): x-ray vision. up(4x):deactive ... and down arrow would be to deactivate faster. another option is to use it as an addition to the scope
zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 zatoninja

I think adding shields to the game would be great .

As in being able to carry a shield with a shot gun or a pistol. Listed under perk 1 .

As for perks i think this would be great :

Motion sensor : Allows you to detect movement 20yd feat around on your radar as red dots.

Or Thermal Goggles : replaces your nightvision goggles with Thermal goggles .

Both of those under perk 2 .

bryan2020

Thermal Goggles, Motion Sensor... Your a fan of MGS, I can tell.

theanswa1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 theanswa1
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

they should make a perk that lets u customize wat u wear...like when ur in a clan all ur clan members can wear like red and black(this could also be an add on instead of a perk). I think calling the pack of dogs at 12 kills in a row is a very good idea and maybe at like 15 -20 kills in a row u shuold get to use an airplane that pours flashbangs all across the map blinding everyone for like 20 seconds, as well as giving u the UAV jammer.

zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 zatoninja

KamuiFei

The rest of your Perks are pretty much out of the question. But it might be cool to have a Perk that let's you go berserk when your in the red. It would replace Perk 2 and give something like a combination of Stopping Power, Juggernaut, and Double Tap for a brief period of time.

the_crosbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 the_crosbie
Member since 2007 • 740 Posts

Sony_92
the first perk sounds a bit like Snake's Octocamo
CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

zatoninja

The rest of your Perks are pretty much out of the question. But it might be cool to have a Perk that let's you go berserk when your in the red. It would replace Perk 2 and give something like a combination of Stopping Power, Juggernaut, and Double Tap for a brief period of time.

i dont think it's really realistic though...when u are near dying like they have in the game, you get sluggish and stuff just like in the game not macho man...(talkin about after receiving a grenade blast and such)
zatoninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 zatoninja
[QUOTE="zatoninja"][QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

CosmoKing7717

i dont think it's really realistic though...when u are near dying like they have in the game, you get sluggish and stuff just like in the game not macho man...(talkin about after receiving a grenade blast and such)

I forgot how realistic it is to s**t out a live grenade when you die (Martrydom), become invisible to cameras (UAV Jammer), see bombs through walls (Bomb Squad), have extra "supernatural" health (Juggernaught), or pull out a gun and shoot people after getting shot directly in the heart (Last Stand). What was I thinking?:roll:

CosmoKing7717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CosmoKing7717
[QUOTE="CosmoKing7717"][QUOTE="zatoninja"][QUOTE="KamuiFei"]

zatoninja

I forgot how realistic it is to s**t out a live grenade when you die(Martrydom), become invisible to cameras (UAV Jammer), see bombs through walls (Bomb Squad), have extra "supernatural" health (Juggernaught), or pull out a gun and shoot people after getting shot directly in the heart (Last Stand). What was I thinking?:roll:

eh*shrugs* never said i agreed with those perks either...personally i hate some of the perks cus of how crappy and much more they say "please camp so cosmoking is the only run and gunner left in the world" but...i guess it's how infinity ward thought it should be...no reason to add more perks that wont help to the already annoying ones...and last stand is actually possible just occurs to much
ChiefRocka08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ChiefRocka08
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts

Elite Last Stand,

takes up slots 1 and 3. When combined with Overkill, you take out the second primary instead of a pistol before u die.

ChiefRocka08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ChiefRocka08
Member since 2008 • 32 Posts
Oh, and a "fastball" perk where you throw grenades farther