I tricked Gamestop!

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ghi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ghi2
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

So I went to my local Gamestop 2 days ago, to buy a PSP. And The next day I dropped it on the floor, It was all dented up, and the UMD player metal came off. So I called Gamestop, I lied and said it came like that. They said come in and they will look at it. So I did, and they gave me a brand new Daxter Bundle for free! I bought the Daxter Bundle, but didn't expect to get a brand new one.

And When I came home with my new Daxter Bundle, I looked in my dresser, to find out I forgot to give the 1gb memory stick, and the family guy and daxter game to Gamestop! So I have memory sticks and UMDs left to keep! So I did fool Gamestop. Take that!

P.S. I would NEVER do that to Wal-Mart.

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
good for u...
piranha_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 piranha_inc
Member since 2005 • 1994 Posts
Nice
festivebacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 festivebacon
Member since 2004 • 43 Posts
So because you are a clumsy oaf you get a free psp and ripped off a legitimate retailer? GG, sir.
IpodHero176

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 IpodHero176
Member since 2006 • 16952 Posts

So because you are a clumsy oaf you get a free psp and ripped off a legitimate retailer? GG, sir.festivebacon

:lol:

That sums it up.

It's really not that hard to trick some of them. I bought two rated M games from them without them asking for my liscense.

Also, they overpaid me when I bought a game too.

colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 colonel_beeb
Member since 2006 • 2020 Posts
Even though gamestop is run by a bunch of money hungry, lazy bar stewards that doesn't mean that you should take advantage of them. It's immoral and quite an insult to those of us who take good care of our PSPs!!
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
Probably less you "tricking" them, and more good customer service, aka "the customer is always right." You're not as devious as you seem to think you are.
ThisCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ThisCurse
Member since 2007 • 1258 Posts

So because you are a clumsy oaf you get a free psp and ripped off a legitimate retailer? GG, sir.festivebacon

Gamestop has it coming.

DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DrummerShane12
Member since 2004 • 2531 Posts

[QUOTE="festivebacon"]So because you are a clumsy oaf you get a free psp and ripped off a legitimate retailer? GG, sir.ThisCurse

Gamestop has it coming.

Nicepiranha_inc

so you are proud because you cheated??

colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 colonel_beeb

Probably less you "tricking" them, and more good customer service, aka "the customer is always right." You're not as devious as you seem to think you are.ItsEvolution

I have a friend who owns and indie shop and he is adamant that in his vast experience the customer is almost never correct. People almost constantly try to shaft him by bringing in games that "didn't work" when they worked perfectly well. This type of behaviour only cements the idea that customers are misinformed/complete lying ****ers!!!

namcoman67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 namcoman67
Member since 2003 • 633 Posts
gamestop rips people off. i no longer sell them my games because i dont get good money for them. thats why now i sell my games online. also i buy my games cheaper online and dont have to pay for tax when i buy games online. 10 bucks difference is something.
DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrummerShane12

[QUOTE="ItsEvolution"]Probably less you "tricking" them, and more good customer service, aka "the customer is always right." You're not as devious as you seem to think you are.colonel_beeb

I have a friend who owns and indie shop and he is adamant that in his vast experience the customer is almost never correct. People almost constantly try to shaft him by bringing in games that "didn't work" when they worked perfectly well. This type of behaviour only cements the idea that customers are misinformed/complete lying ****ers!!!

i dont see how people can be proud of ripping off someone/ cheating even if you think they rip you off...grow up ghi2

ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
good for you. that family guy must be off the chain. Lol 1 gig sticks are weak. Got a 4gig for....ps1....games. 2 gig for music and games saves. But gamestop guys aren't always the smartest poeple.
resevl4rlz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 resevl4rlz
Member since 2005 • 3848 Posts

[QUOTE="festivebacon"]So because you are a clumsy oaf you get a free psp and ripped off a legitimate retailer? GG, sir.IpodHero176

:lol:

That sums it up.

It's really not that hard to trick some of them. I bought two rated M games from them without them asking for my liscense.

Also, they overpaid me when I bought a game too.

yea i bought two games from gamestop like in 2000 and they gave me more moeny back with out even stoping me so me and my mom got outta there

colonel_beeb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 colonel_beeb
When did everyone become so morally bankrupt!!
bball_freak_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 bball_freak_2
Member since 2006 • 1609 Posts
congrats TC, you beat all of us in life.
festivebacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 festivebacon

[QUOTE="festivebacon"]So because you are a clumsy oaf you get a free psp and ripped off a legitimate retailer? GG, sir.ThisCurse

Gamestop has it coming.

Pray tell, why? And I find it humorous that the person said they would never do it to Wal-Mart, as if implying that Wal-Mart has better business morals than gamestop.

almahdi08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 almahdi08
Member since 2008 • 91 Posts

You didnt trick Gamestop.

You forgot about putting the things in the box, if you tricked them you would of done that on purpose.

ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts

^^^ Hahahaha burn.

And as for the "customer is always right" thing...I've worked retail for 12 years, managed for about 7. I know customers are generally idiots. The point is that it's usually your job to keep the customer happy and coming back in to buy more stuff in the future.

HappyProzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 HappyProzak
Member since 2005 • 515 Posts

I don't have a problem with people doing this to places like Gamestop and Wal-Mart.

One time I walked into a Gamestop and this guy was totally trying to con these kids into trading their games in. You could tell the kids felt pressured and uneasy just by looking at their faces. Anyways, Gamestop is the last place I shop at, which ends up being almost never.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
To be honest you could rip off any shop that does trade ins, all you do is go in pass them the trade in games and say how much would I get for these, they say the price you wander off to pick up a game, quickly take the disks out of the cases while they aren't looking and come back with the game to buy and the empty cases, I've never had anyone recheck the game cases.
wagepeace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 wagepeace
Member since 2007 • 885 Posts
im sorry, but i cant applaud you at all. i dont care how money hungry you may think gamestop is, or that you may think they rip people off...what you did is called "stealing." you might as well have pirated all your games off of the internet.
xMedHeadx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xMedHeadx
Member since 2004 • 109 Posts
I don't quite understand why there is such hatred for GameStop. Their prices are pretty much the same as those I've found online, but with the added benefit of being local, requiring no shipping wait time, and staffed with game fans.
Avatar image for crazydiamond343
crazydiamond343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 crazydiamond343
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts

its because their extra service of buying used games (resulting in selling of used games) rips people off. Believe it or not, profits ARE important.

Anyway, this is just stealing, and you being clumsy and dropping your PSP is one of the reasons stores will eventually stop replacing defective units. The fact that you say you would not do this to Wal-Mart is just stupid because Wal-Mart is far more "immoral" than gamestop is by offering us lower prices at the expense of employee benefits. Sure, gamestop is driving out local new/used gamestores, but thats exactly what Wal-Mart does, and they've been doing it for longer.

Looks like you aren't getting the responses you were hoping for.

scaryteddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 scaryteddy
Member since 2005 • 599 Posts
Lying and stealing. Your cool.
Avatar image for deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
deactivated-60a18c108ffa9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-60a18c108ffa9
Member since 2008 • 7541 Posts
One time I was paid $1 when I brought a yo yo. Chuck Norris would be proud.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#27 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Good for you. Now trade back the extra copies of daxter and family guy to gamestop and make even more money.
festivebacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 festivebacon
So let me get this straight. People are pissed at Gamestop because they get unfair prices when they trade in their games? Imagine that, a business is trying to turn a profit. HOW DARE THEY!
Mormaso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Mormaso
Member since 2005 • 874 Posts
DrummerShane12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrummerShane12

So let me get this straight. People are pissed at Gamestop because they get unfair prices when they trade in their games? Imagine that, a business is trying to turn a profit. HOW DARE THEY!festivebacon

I know really HOW DARE THEY INDEED!!!!!!

Blue_Panda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blue_Panda
Member since 2006 • 1293 Posts
i sold them my broken fat psp way back when. they didnt know, cause they only check the main XMB when they turn it on to make sure its in working order.
vegeta_god_dbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 vegeta_god_dbz
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

You cheated gamestop.......

coool.

MrXTrordinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MrXTrordinary
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Considering that gamestop rips off customers by trying to sell opened games as new I have no problem with this.

Were it best buy or some other retailer I would take issue.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#34 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
neither is walmart , i go return an broken xbox, for an even exchange, the lady gives me a halo edition xbox which included halo , a green xbox and they also gave me 10 dollars back ,, i returned a black xbox ,, lol hahahahahahahahhhhh i was laughing all the way to the car
JiMMay4ShiZZay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JiMMay4ShiZZay
Member since 2004 • 318 Posts
When PSP first came out i went in to buy one and some guy had returned one unopened, so i got a nice shiney one for like $40 off just because he returned it. Then i returned it that same day because it sucked (early release, werent any good games) now i have a psp slim ofcrse
ff7isnumbaone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ff7isnumbaone
Member since 2005 • 5352 Posts
hehe never feel bad for the companies because they screw us all the time.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts
im sorry but to the tc you have no clue how much worse walmart is then gamestop i would rather give my money to gamestop before i give my money to greedmart you people have no clue how much walmart tricks all of you they say cheap prices but they lie and they are one of the worst employers ever i work there and i am underpayed and over worked and do i get any raise hell no i mean for easter they didnt even give me holiday pay for a company that made a 100 billion dollar profit to not give me holiday pay on easter that is ludacris you go ahead and keep supporting them but just think of all the workers there that are underpayed and treated like crap then go ahead and support the most greedy company in the world.
kakashi_AnBu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 kakashi_AnBu
Member since 2005 • 1072 Posts

Walmart is worse...

I mean, they accidentally ran over a employee and permenently made her mentally ill and unable to function without the help of others. They then demanded that they should get all the insurance money since the accident happened on their parking lot.

At least not all Gamestop employees are jerks and some really just like games.

Steakdinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Steakdinner
Member since 2004 • 478 Posts
The sadest part of this topic, not the lying and stealing, is that you think Wal-mart is a morally acceptable company. Holy crap i just lost all faith in humanity.
karlgauci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 karlgauci
Member since 2005 • 5504 Posts
mmmm it seems that you made quite a deal their:P
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

And still Gamestop manages to pull of more than a billion dollars worth of profit. :) thanks for posting. :)

bigdaddy9202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bigdaddy9202
Member since 2005 • 152 Posts
good for you they rip enough paople off on there trade ins so I guess turn around is fair play
whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
cool
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts
I sold them MGS3 subsistence twice, disc 1 then disc two a week later ( I didnt plan on it, I just forgot to put the second disc in the first time)
Avatar image for 194197844077667059316682358889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 194197844077667059316682358889
Member since 2003 • 49173 Posts
Man, thanks to people like you for driving up prices for those of us who aren't dishonest jackasses.
PA_DUTCH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PA_DUTCH
Member since 2008 • 908 Posts

Xoas is always right...jackasss

oh and guess what, if you don't like what gamespot is giving for a trade in then sell your stuff on ebay. I get very tired of reading what a rip off the trade ins are. Look they are used games and if they didn't buy them low they would have to sell them at a higher rate and i like to buy me some cheep used games at a low prive.

And if you don't understand why gamestop opens the games then come to Baltimore and maybe you will get it.

coop_1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 coop_1717
Member since 2006 • 538 Posts
I just think that is plain stealing. You should return the ones you forgot to give back.
oscar530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 oscar530
Member since 2005 • 4430 Posts
good for you?
xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts

So I went to my local Gamestop 2 days ago, to buy a PSP. And The next day I dropped it on the floor, It was all dented up, and the UMD player metal came off. So I called Gamestop, I lied and said it came like that. They said come in and they will look at it. So I did, and they gave me a brand new Daxter Bundle for free! I bought the Daxter Bundle, but didn't expect to get a brand new one.

And When I came home with my new Daxter Bundle, I looked in my dresser, to find out I forgot to give the 1gb memory stick, and the family guy and daxter game to Gamestop! So I have memory sticks and UMDs left to keep! So I did fool Gamestop. Take that!

P.S. I would NEVER do that to Wal-Mart.

ghi2

Ah good job!!! I hope someone form Gamestop is on here and calls yuor house to arrest you!!

(they have you number......)

xmen1414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xmen1414
Member since 2006 • 1948 Posts

I just think that is plain stealing. You should return the ones you forgot to give back.coop_1717

Yes you are right he is a theif.....

xaos you are right to..... some find this guys house!!!