i thought mgs prologue was $30 not $39.99

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I see on gamestop the release date of 3/18 and $39.99. I thought the game would be $20 for old gen and $30 for new gen. It will be hard to pay that much for a game that is a small portion of the real game. I will need to wait for a review and find out how good and long this game/ slice is

11_17_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 11_17_06
Member since 2006 • 765 Posts

Just another way to get people to spend more money, I rather pay for the real game not something that is incomplete.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

had enough people going on about this is a way for them to make more money, when we haven't even played the game yet and don't know anything about it or how much stuff is in the game, as far as we know it could be as big as an ordinary 6-8 hour game, cannot wait for it, but i will wait for the reviews before i buy.

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

this could easily be a misunderstanding of some kind because theres been plenty of news mentioning pricing yet this is the first time ive heard $40. everything ive read before this said $30 for next gen.

it would kinda suck if it were true. i was almost surely gonna get it for the $30 but if it turns out to be $40 i think id wanna wait to make sure theres an acceptable amount of content. im not paying 2/3 retail for a glorified demo.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@commandokock: I hope gamespot is wrong with it's price or this would be gouging us by hideo. I think it's gouging us for $30 on both next and old gen the game/ demo should be 20-25$ and if u keep the game phantom pain is $10 off.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm also waiting on the review and my concern is more about the length of the demo! The last thing I remember hearing about the pricing was that the game would retail for 30$, but if you got the digital version it would be 20$.

commandokock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 commandokock
Member since 2009 • 502 Posts

@ewalthour: im hoping that it feels like more than a demo since we have to pay at all. im hoping for a good 4-5 hour campaign for $30 and even a more if it turns out to be the $40 suggested by gamestop. maybe some may think im asking too much but i just dont want it to feel like its over too fast if im paying money

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@commandokock said:

@ewalthour: im hoping that it feels like more than a demo since we have to pay at all. im hoping for a good 4-5 hour campaign for $30 and even a more if it turns out to be the $40 suggested by gamestop. maybe some may think im asking too much but i just dont want it to feel like its over too fast if im paying money

Yeah that's how I feel, if it's between 4-6 hrs 30$ isn't a bad price!

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Like others have said, I will wait for a review. PS3 copy is going to be cheaper but I am going to want it on my PS4.