I dont see Ps3 winning this gen.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for steeeeeeveperry
steeeeeeveperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 steeeeeeveperry
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

It's a shame that the Ps3's best games are also available on 360 and look almost identical(oblivion+gta IV).. haha

Just cause killzone 2 looks good doesnt mean its gunna be high on substance. The freaking first game got a 7.something/10!

It's hard enough for a movie sequel to overcome its predecessor , it's blind hopefulness for a game to do just that.

Face facts Sony fans, no matter how powerful ur console is, Blu-ray isnt gunna be a dealbreaker for people til after 2010. Remember dvds? VHS was still around and selling very well 3-4 years into dvd life.

360 has already won this generation because Microsoft know how to make an online system thats easy to use, good looking and WORKS. That's why most people who can, bought the 360 version of GTA IV which is a playstation game by default, how sad for u all! What next? Bill Gates to take all sony fans virginity?

Nobody wants to buy you're made for nasa george foreman grill. And if they do its either cos they are a blind fanboy or a movie conneusseur

romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts

360 has already won this generation because Microsoft know how to make an online system thats easy to use, good looking and WORKS. That's why most people who can, bought the 360 version of GTA IV which is a playstation game by default, how sad for u all! What next? Bill Gates to take all sony fans virginity?

Nobody wants to buy you're made for nasa george foreman grill. And if they do its either cos they are a blind fanboy or a movie conneusseur

steeeeeeveperry

Erm, aside from that word up there, in red and bold. You have a valid point.

But I'm still not sure, Sony can turn the table if they continue supporting JRPG's, because a console that wins in Asia, wins overall.

tabben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tabben
Member since 2003 • 517 Posts
Flamebait R us
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts
I dont think any of them will be a clear winner. And thats a good thing.
Blaiyze1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Blaiyze1
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts

Quick question: do u have a ps3?

If u answered yes to that question you are seriously... contredicting yourself.

if you answered no attempt to stay out of the ps3 forums.

Umm.... u hav got a couple things right there but dont think that the ps3 isnt gonna win this gen we're catchin up and in the 3-4 yrs that it takes dvd to phase out then ppl willb interested in a game console x blu-ray plaer.

I_OU_aBeatn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 I_OU_aBeatn
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

Erm, aside from that word up there, in red and bold. You have a valid point.But I'm still not sure, Sony can turn the table if they continue supporting JRPG's, because a console that wins in Asia, wins overall.

romainsimoni

Ding ding ding. Not to mention, within the next year, there's going to be several games released that will actually sell PS3s themselves(MGS4, LBP, Resistance 2, Socom, KillZone2, etc..). Don't count Sony out just yet, it's still VERY early.

Kandros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Kandros
Member since 2006 • 528 Posts
i got 4 words for you: METAL GEAR SOLID 4
Avatar image for steeeeeeveperry
steeeeeeveperry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 steeeeeeveperry
Member since 2003 • 1964 Posts

What exactly fails in the 360 online department? Everything is seamlessly integrated, DLC is a joy to behold... Loads of free stuff and a really good Arcade with classics i had long forgotten about but are still great timewasters even today. There is very few connection issues and with the exception of last christmas no prolonged cutoffs.

I dont own a ps3 but my best friend has all 3 and guess what? he only plays his 360 and sometimes his Wii when there are guests round.

Ive played a few of the better rated ps3 games like Resistance and although i loved the graphics in Resistance, it was sooo boring... I barely enjoyed Gears and Resistance is in a similar vain and bored me to tears.

Im not trying to flame, Im not a fan of any console, i dont think its possible to be a fan of 360 as microsoft are still a young company in the console gaming medium. If anything im a nintendo fan since the SNES and N64 are my favourite consoles over the years.

You are right, most of the console sellers have already come out for 360 and ps3 still has a few tricks up its sleeve(hopefully for u guys who shelled out $500 for the thing.)

Personally the game ive been waiting for most is Huxley, a FPS MMO, i think its a great idea that could totally fail but i'll be the first to sign the dotted line if its subscription based.

campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

You post sounds more like a fanboy rant instead of good arguement to back up your veiws.

Yes the PS3 is still underperforming when it come to amount of exclusive games and online features but that doesn't mean it will loose this gen. People know they have to wait a long time for FF and MGS games but the wait is worth it.

Yes killzone 2 could end up as a flop but with the amount of money and time spend in this game you just dont know how it will end up and you don't either.

Blu-ray is already a deal breaker for some people. People who originally bought a blu-ray player got ripped off as most existing blu-ray player dont have connection to the internet. The new blu-ray disks will need the blu-ray player to be updated. People who found this out bought the PS3 instead of buying a blu-ray player only as it could be updated. This has already helped the PS3 sales.

The 360 done well by taking the GTA4 away from a PS3 exclusive but GTA4 still got some loyalty as it ended up being PS3 fastest selling game by far. It only sold slightly less than the 360 version.

The 360 is winning the battle with a much larger amount exclusive game out to play, better online feature that help gaming, larger varity of games.

Sony can still win this war but they have a lot of work to do.

campbell1874

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campbell1874
Member since 2006 • 1920 Posts

i got 4 words for you: METAL GEAR SOLID 4Kandros

Why do people think MGS4 is always the answer. It is only one game. When your talking about a system winning then you need a lot of strong games to do well.

Cysios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Cysios
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts

The only place the 360 has a lead in is North America, everywhere else (Europe, Asia, etc) the PS3 is selling more consoles, despite being released 16months later than the 360. Not to mention the ps2 has done better than any other console, and when they're looking for an upgrade chances are they'll stick with sony and go to a PS3.

By the way I own all 3, I play them all equally, but I think the PS3 is superior.

soren008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soren008
Member since 2008 • 2190 Posts

[QUOTE="Kandros"]i got 4 words for you: METAL GEAR SOLID 4campbell1874

Why do people think MGS4 is always the answer. It is only one game. When your talking about a system winning then you need a lot of strong games to do well.

I repeat for da fizzle

METAL GEAR SOLID 4

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

You missed System Wars by about 5 clicks. Check it out when you get back.

As for everyone else, why can't you just report and ignore the troll? :|