I am disappointed with the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xcaliber26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Xcaliber26
Member since 2008 • 218 Posts

I have been having alot of problems with my PS3 freezing up. I tried a few things that I was hoping would fix it but nothing seemed to work. I have just recieved the box to send my PS3 into Sony to get it fixed. This is really the last thing on my mind when I bought the PS3. I am very disappointed that Sony could not provide me with a reliable system. This is the first time I have ever had problems with a game system that I had to send it in to get repaired.

Right when I walked into the UPS store to ship my PS3 a guy at the counter saw me come in the door and the first thing he asked was "Is that a PS3?". So I am guessing that alot of PS3's are getting shipped back for repairs.

USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

I have been having alot of problems with my PS3 freezing up. I tried a few things that I was hoping would fix it but nothing seemed to work. I have just recieved the box to send my PS3 into Sony to get it fixed. This is really the last thing on my mind when I bought the PS3. I am very disappointed that Sony could not provide me with a reliable system. This is the first time I have ever had problems with a game system that I had to send it in to get repaired.

Right when I walked into the UPS store to ship my PS3 a guy at the counter saw me come in the door and the first thing he asked was "Is that a PS3?". So I am guessing that alot of PS3's are getting shipped back for repairs.

Xcaliber26

ur lucky!

xXxArchSagexXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 xXxArchSagexXx
Member since 2006 • 462 Posts
Got mine at launch from my gf, never had problems since....but i guess it happens...though 360's tend to RROD more often...my friend had to get his 360 replaced twice =/
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 ash10692
Member since 2008 • 2310 Posts
You are a lucky guy if this is your first fault. Shocking really, it's been my most reliable system yet. I had a lot of problems with the Xbox 360 and PS2 for example. I hope you get better luck with the PS3 if you are planning to stick with it :)
supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 supersnake930
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts
my Trollometer is going off.
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bubblehash
Member since 2004 • 2914 Posts
Yep even the PS3 will have a system crap out every now and then. At least you don't have to pay to get it fixed. And maybe the guy was surprised to see a PS3. Hard to say seeing I wasn't there, but it could go either way. Also look at it this way. At least you aren't having the issues 360 owners are having. Over all the PS3 is a pretty reliable system.
USMC_Sn1per

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 USMC_Sn1per
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts
lol...never had a problem with my ps1, never with my ps2, and never with my ps3...only with the psp cuz i dropped it...lol
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bubblehash
lol...never had a problem with my ps1, never with my ps2, and never with my ps3...only with the psp cuz i dropped it...lolUSMC_Sn1per
You were lucky. The PS1 had overheating issues and the PS2 had DRE. I had issues with both.
ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ash10692

[QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]lol...never had a problem with my ps1, never with my ps2, and never with my ps3...only with the psp cuz i dropped it...lolBubblehash
You were lucky. The PS1 had overheating issues and the PS2 had DRE. I had issues with both.

The PS1 had issues? Most of my friends at the time had one and none of us had a dodgy system

Xcaliber26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Xcaliber26

You are a lucky guy if this is your first fault. Shocking really, it's been my most reliable system yet. I had a lot of problems with the Xbox 360 and PS2 for example. I hope you get better luck with the PS3 if you are planning to stick with it :)ash10692

Ya I plan on sticking with the PS3. But if my system comes back and still freezes up all the time and has other problems I am done with it.

ash10692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ash10692

[QUOTE="ash10692"]You are a lucky guy if this is your first fault. Shocking really, it's been my most reliable system yet. I had a lot of problems with the Xbox 360 and PS2 for example. I hope you get better luck with the PS3 if you are planning to stick with it :)Xcaliber26

Ya I plan on sticking with the PS3. But if my system comes back and still freezes up all the time and has other problems I am done with it.

I know what you mean, after three Xbox 360 RRODs, I'd had enough. Good luck again.

Xcaliber26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Xcaliber26

Yep even the PS3 will have a system crap out every now and then. At least you don't have to pay to get it fixed. And maybe the guy was surprised to see a PS3. Hard to say seeing I wasn't there, but it could go either way. Also look at it this way. At least you aren't having the issues 360 owners are having. Over all the PS3 is a pretty reliable system.Bubblehash

It's not a reliable system if it was I would not be in this situation. Alot of other other people are having problems as well. Nowhere near the rate of 360 failures but still more than what you think. The guy was not suprised he looked like he see's the box quite often.

s1calisious11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 s1calisious11
Member since 2004 • 141 Posts
y ur not the only one with problems with the ps3. my system froze, yellow light came up, then red light flashed. there was no way it could have overheated because it was in a well ventilated area. its been a week and i've finally got my box to send it in and its gonna cost 161! its pretty ridiculous becuz its take 7 to 10 days to get back here!
Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bubblehash

[QUOTE="Bubblehash"][QUOTE="USMC_Sn1per"]lol...never had a problem with my ps1, never with my ps2, and never with my ps3...only with the psp cuz i dropped it...lolash10692

The PS1 had issues? Most of my friends at the time had one and none of us had a dodgy system

Yes and a common fix for it was......get this. Turning it upside down.
iesexywarden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 iesexywarden
Member since 2005 • 723 Posts

id be mad too, but ud be having rrod issues and overheating issues(like blowing inside up). what model and what games were u playing when it froze.

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Bubblehash

[QUOTE="Bubblehash"]Yep even the PS3 will have a system crap out every now and then. At least you don't have to pay to get it fixed. And maybe the guy was surprised to see a PS3. Hard to say seeing I wasn't there, but it could go either way. Also look at it this way. At least you aren't having the issues 360 owners are having. Over all the PS3 is a pretty reliable system.Xcaliber26

It's not a reliable system if it was I would not be in this situation. Alot of other other people are having problems as well. Nowhere near the rate of 360 failures but still more than what you think. The guy was not suprised he looked like he see's the box quite often.

Oh stop, now you are just starting to look like a fanboyish troll. The PS3 is a reliable system and whether you admit it or not doesn't change a thing. Like I said in my first response. YES even the PS3 will crap out from time to time, but over all it is a very reliable system. A 2% defect rate is pretty good and your opinion doesn't change that fact.
Frostnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Frostnut
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

You sure are lucky!When I had my Xbox 360 it broke 5 times.I bought the PS3 the 1st day it came out and I had no problem so far.I just checked on the internet and found out that 65% of the Xbox 360 have problems(it's what they said,but I don't believe it)and only 2% of PS3 have problems.So you're lucky it's the 1st time it happens but in a way you're unlucky since not many PS3 bbreak.

LittleYoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 LittleYoshi
Member since 2004 • 1490 Posts

my Trollometer is going off.supersnake930

I kind of get tried of hearing people say that (troll or cow or whatever word ppl use now....) Is getting old....and FAST!

Bubblehash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Bubblehash

[QUOTE="supersnake930"]my Trollometer is going off.LittleYoshi

I kind of get tried of hearing people say that (troll or cow or whatever word ppl use now....) Is getting old....and FAST!

I am taking it you don't know what the difference between a cow and a troll are?
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
I've never had problems with any console, ever.
Thought I had when my PS3 didn't play PS2 games but found out afterwards that it wasn't backwards compatible so it technically doesn't count.
Ace132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ace132
Member since 2008 • 1515 Posts
my PS3 also freezes sometimes,but mine was 60GB,so probably you have a 60gb one
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
wow...what a baby. that's all I can say from reading your posts, TC. Waahahaha. my electronic just doesn't work. boohooo. You must have never bought anything electronic before the PS3.:|
filiwian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 filiwian
Member since 2007 • 2232 Posts
There's no such thing as a flawless system. Eventually it will happen and it has happend to me twice already.
supersnake930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 supersnake930
Member since 2008 • 1510 Posts

[QUOTE="supersnake930"]my Trollometer is going off.LittleYoshi

cow lolwut?

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Messages that are critical of any given console are generally more appropriate for System Wars than for the console's personal board.