How to delete User Account

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jdang307 (1512 posts) -
How do I delete the user account on the PS3?  I created a HK one I believe, to download the GT HD demo.  But I no longer play that game and it's annoying to have the two accounts.  I have tried in user management but didn't see it.
#2 Posted by dunamistheou (4744 posts) -
Not sure (away from my PS3), but perhaps press the triangle button over the username and it'll bring up the little side-menu on the right.
#3 Posted by jdang307 (1512 posts) -
hmm, lemme try when i get home.
#4 Posted by TJSAGE (3537 posts) -
Confused, why make a new account to play a demo, and if you dont want the game anymore just delete that.
#5 Posted by jdang307 (1512 posts) -
It was only available through the Hong Kong store so I followed the directions to setup a hong kong account. Now that I don't play that demo anymore the extra HK account just annoys me and I want to get rid of it.
#6 Posted by anls4e (221 posts) -
ya stuff like that bothers me to
#7 Posted by jdang307 (1512 posts) -
That didn't do it. Does anyone know how to delete the user account or do I have to a full format of the HDD (Which i will do to get rid of it, if necessary, Or i'll just get a new HDD it bothers me that much)
#8 Posted by ColoradoKindBud (23882 posts) -
Highlight the profile, press the Y button & you will get an option to delete the profile.
#9 Posted by plg2307 (953 posts) -

Y button >.>  :P

#10 Posted by jdang307 (1512 posts) -
Highlight the profile, press the Y button & you will get an option to delete the profile.ColoradoKindBud
Huh?
#11 Posted by spinalremains1 (143 posts) -

highlight the acc on the far left then press Triangle, go to delete then press it

#12 Posted by SnackEaterX47 (933 posts) -
try to make another user account. once u do that press triangle while highlighting the one u want to delete and then delete it.
#13 Posted by SnackEaterX47 (933 posts) -
i just tried it now it should work
#14 Posted by jdang307 (1512 posts) -
ah ok. got to go into the user account setup section. will do when i get home. Thanks!
#15 Posted by TAYMAN2121 (25 posts) -
Go to the account, log in and then press the triangle button, it will give you four options (I think) and one is delete
#16 Posted by c_rakestraw (14799 posts) -

Go to the account, log in and then press the triangle button, it will give you four options (I think) and one is deleteTAYMAN2121

Good to know.

But, in the future, please avoid reviving old threads. It's considered disruptive.