how to change display settings from HDMI to AV?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

I had my PS3 hooked up to a HDTV via a HDMI cable, now I wanted to connect it to a SDTV via the AV cable but it wont give me any picture or sound. I am guessing thats because I had changed the display settings to HDMI and didnt switch it back to AV. IS there a way to change it to default settings? remember, I see nothing on screen so its impossible for me to access the XMB.

yelnats555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 yelnats555
Member since 2007 • 30 Posts

Ull hav to change the settings with your ps3 on your HDTV to AV while you have a AV cable plugged in at the same time then change the channel to the AV one and confirm the settings. I hope that wasnt to complicated.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 S0lidSnake

Ull hav to change the settings with your ps3 on your HDTV to AV while you have a AV cable plugged in at the same time then change the channel to the AV one and confirm the settings. I hope that wasnt to complicated.

yelnats555

thats the thing, i dont have that hdtv anymore.::(

Gamerzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Gamerzk
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
i think that if you pres&hold the power botton until it beeps or something like that it restarts the graphic settings... not sure though.
Dilrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Dilrod
Member since 2003 • 4257 Posts

i think that if you pres&hold the power botton until it beeps or something like that it restarts the graphic settings... not sure though.Gamerzk

This works. I have to do this everytime I take my ps3 with me to work.

rajeev101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rajeev101
Member since 2007 • 368 Posts

[QUOTE="Gamerzk"]i think that if you pres&hold the power botton until it beeps or something like that it restarts the graphic settings... not sure though.Dilrod

So u just hold the Power Button to make it change from HD to SD resolution?

This works. I have to do this everytime I take my ps3 with me to work.

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
Hook up the standard def cables and then hold the power button down for like 7 seconds and it will reset your PS3 to SD display. Then you can hook up your component or whatever and on the SD input change your display to support component and whatever definition your TV will support whenever you want to. When the screen goes black change to the component input and select yes to keep the current settings. But if your leaving it at SD then you don't have to do the component.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 S0lidSnake

Hook up the standard def cables and then hold the power button down for like 7 seconds and it will reset your PS3 to SD display. Then you can hook up your component or whatever and on the SD input change your display to support component and whatever definition your TV will support whenever you want to. When the screen goes black change to the component input and select yes to keep the current settings. But if your leaving it at SD then you don't have to do the component. casey7672

Thanks a lot guys. I couldnt live without my PS3 for a week.

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts

Yes, whenever you move your PS3 to a different AV connection, all you must do is connect it to a TV with whatever cables you want to use, and hold down the power button until you hear a 2nd beep. It resents the output to whatever is connected at the time.

k386

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 k386
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Hell.. I had to reactivate my account to say this. But 3 years later, still a great tip. Thanks.
canesfan8193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 canesfan8193
Member since 2007 • 477 Posts

i think that if you pres&hold the power botton until it beeps or something like that it restarts the graphic settings... not sure though.Gamerzk

Yea that works