How is Uncharted 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for vengefulwilberg
vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

User Lists: 0

#1 vengefulwilberg
Member since 2010 • 1642 Posts

I had a ps3 for quite sometime, however I never even tried any uncharted games. There was a lot of positive talk about the game. What are some of your opinions about Uncharted 2?

Terrencec06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Terrencec06
Member since 2008 • 4024 Posts

Pretty much what all the reviews say. It's fun. Also has a Great Story.

vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vengefulwilberg

Sounds good. I had trouble finding negative opinions about it, which is agood thing. The only people that seem to bash it is hardcore xbox fanboys on youtube.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#4 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

anyone with a negative opinion of it are people who haven't played it.

slimdave21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 slimdave21
Member since 2003 • 2646 Posts
It's a perfect game in my opinion. Gamespot gave it a 9.5 but it deserves a 10.
vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vengefulwilberg

I like what I here so far. It is better to get opinions from other gamers. Gamespot and other video gamewebsitereviews are good, but sometimes you need more than that. I find forums helpful. Thanks forusing some of your valuable time to answer my question guys.

dovberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#7 dovberg
Member since 2009 • 3348 Posts

This game is just an amazing experience and I think the price went down recently(I bought my copy for $35 at game stop). there are tons of online modes so it is very worth while.

SaaM-x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaaM-x
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Uncharted in one word - awesome.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
It's a good game in that it plays like a movie. It has a sort of cinematic experience, if you will. The only downside I see to it is how it has this somehwat realistic element to it, yet the number of enemies spawning in seemingless illogical locations is ridiculous. Plus these enemies take a lot of bullets to kill sometimes which is pretty dumb. Definitely fun to play though.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
top stuff..go buy them both..well polished great cinematic experience great characters and fun.
Panthermattnyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Panthermattnyc
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts

Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are two of the best games I have ever played. Great visuals, soundtrack, acting, animations, and most importantly: gameplay. Both online and off

UC is a greatest hit and can be purchased new for $30, and UC2 just came down to $40, new.

F_N_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 F_N_X
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Since you've probably read a ton of reviews, I'll spare you yet another one and say this... In my personal opinion, it is THE best PS3 game I've played to date, and definitely in my top 10 list of all-time favourite games. I actually experienced multiple orgasms whilst playing this, and caused considerable concern amongst my family and friends who advised me to seek medical help.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Of course it depends on what kind of games you like, but if you like a third person shooter/action/adventure game with a epic movie feel, then you will love it. I personally am a HUGE fan of the games, but to each his own I guess. Some people dislike it, or just cant get into it. Personally i couldnt put them down. UC2 is far better then 1 IMO although 1 is great and should not be missed. I cannot wait for UC3.

On another note, I find the game to be very memorable and I get the feeling from it, that I get when I play the classic games that I love so much (zelda, metroid, mario, ect). Don't ask why, but as someone said above, it has a great soundtrack in addition to the great gameplay and graphics. What I guess I am saying is the vibe of the game with the music, setting, and characters makes for a game that gives me that FEEL (a nostalgiac feel, even though its new).

Oh and as for my favorite PS3 game, it is either Uncharted 2 or MGS4, I cannot decide haha :P.

badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

Absolutely and positivily one of the best games you'll ever play.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
It's a perfect game in my opinion. Gamespot gave it a 9.5 but it deserves a 10.slimdave21
I agree to be fair... Definitely one of the best games i've ever played, definitely worth playing as i got it free with my ps3 slim so i didnt even care for the game before that but damn i wish i got it brand new..
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

there a demo in psn if you want try it

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

It's a good game, overrated, but good nonetheless. If you won't play the online though, just rent it.

vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vengefulwilberg

Wow! I got a lot of good feedback on this game. It sounds like a defintie buy for me. I really like action 3rd person shooters. I feel a little ashamed to ask such a question, because it sounds likeI missed out on an awesome experience early on. Thank goodness I can still find new copies of Uncharted 2 almost everywhere. I will give it ashoot. I will also mention what I think about the game after I play a chapter or 2 here. And I will write a player review on it later this week, since reviewing games played turned into a new hobby of mine recently. Thanks again for the info.

Man, forums really is a good way to get some gaming advice. I am confident I will not be disappointed.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

I wouldnt say the game is perfect but it is a great game nonetheless, i would give it a 9.0/10 :)

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
It's a great game, I recently bought it aswell and had alot of fun with it. Great replay value too because you can replay the game with all weapons, different skins etc. I personally bought Uncharted 1 and 2 together and played them in order, while Uncharted 1 is fun and deserves a 8,5 at least Uncharted 2 really deserves 9,5+
bowlingotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#21 bowlingotter
Member since 2005 • 6464 Posts

There are some very exaggerated thoughts on the game... it's not terribly long and the gameplay isn't anything groundbreakingly new, but the presentation of the game is fantastically top notch with some of the best character and voice acting I've ever seen in a game. Great scripting and all of the characters are easy to like. If you own a PS3, you really do owe it to yourself to play both titles.

qwertywater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 qwertywater
Member since 2010 • 276 Posts

The story, the presentation, and the voice acting is amazing! As for the gameplay, nothing new and at certain points, I found it to be repetitive and boring. However, it's just a minor flaw that didn't stop me from finishing both :P

Avatar image for deactivated-638d165ba095d
deactivated-638d165ba095d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-638d165ba095d
Member since 2002 • 753 Posts
I just finished playing it and have to say it was hard to put down. One of the top 3 games on the PS3.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NaveedLife

Wow! I got a lot of good feedback on this game. It sounds like a defintie buy for me. I really like action 3rd person shooters. I feel a little ashamed to ask such a question, because it sounds likeI missed out on an awesome experience early on. Thank goodness I can still find new copies of Uncharted 2 almost everywhere. I will give it ashoot. I will also mention what I think about the game after I play a chapter or 2 here. And I will write a player review on it later this week, since reviewing games played turned into a new hobby of mine recently. Thanks again for the info.

Man, forums really is a good way to get some gaming advice. I am confident I will not be disappointed.

vengefulwilberg

I strongly reccommend picking up both 1 and 2 and playing 1 first, but do what you will. And btw don't judge the game after the first chapter or possibly even 2 ;).

hanslacher54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 hanslacher54
Member since 2007 • 3659 Posts
  • Amazing characters
  • Good balance of gameplay
  • Amazing scenes
  • Fun multiplayer
vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vengefulwilberg

I strongly reccommend picking up both 1 and 2 and playing 1 first, but do what you will. And btw don't judge the game after the first chapter or possibly even 2 ;).

NaveedLife

I will keep that in mind.

Spy_106

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Spy_106
Member since 2005 • 712 Posts
  • Amazing characters
  • Good balance of gameplay
  • Amazing scenes
  • Fun multiplayer
hanslacher54
Exactly what I wanted to say :)
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NaveedLife

It's amazing. Get it! GET IT NOW! You don't really need to play the first to understand most of the story. But it does have some glitches and control problems here and there. Don't really know where those "25 Perfect Review Scores!" came from.QWERTYCommander

Never experienced glitches and 99% of the time the controls worked phenomenally for me.

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#30 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

I just started playing the first one again I'm at 91% and I want my first plat. it does really have a great story. They both do :)

vengefulwilberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 vengefulwilberg

I got to say I am really impressed so far and I only got to the breaking and entering scenario. Thepresentation really is amazing and the voice acting is on point.Even thetutorial was top notch. The sense of scalewas excellent during the near deathstruggle on the wrecked train. I can't wait to play uninterrupted. There is too many things getting in my way right know.

Loudli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Loudli
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts
Its amazing, great single player and addictive multiplayer 10/10 for me
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Uncharted 2 is the best game I have ever played, next to LoZ:OoT, Golden Eye (N64), and Metal Gear Solid 4.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is also amazing, if you play through the first one before 2, it really gives you a feel for the characters and what they have been through.

Definitely get Uncharted 2 though, no doubt.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
One of the best games I've ever played. Don't sleep on them, they are some of gaming's best.
zideeq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zideeq
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts

think of it as an AMAZING interactive movie.......

a little bit cheesey with the script but other than that it's awesome fun and I'm sure there will be a 3rd one!

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Both Uncharted and Uncharted 2 are great. The second one is lacking in the Sully department, but it looks better so I guess it's a trade off. :)

Probably two of the best, if not the two best games on the PS3.

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

remember how you felt when you drained your first ever 3 pointer? UC2 is kinda like that. nothing but net, yessir. :D

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Since you've probably read a ton of reviews, I'll spare you yet another one and say this... In my personal opinion, it is THE best PS3 game I've played to date, and definitely in my top 10 list of all-time favourite games. I actually experienced multiple orgasms whilst playing this, and caused considerable concern amongst my family and friends who advised me to seek medical help.F_N_X

Um... ok....

noobslapperpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 noobslapperpro
Member since 2010 • 33 Posts

Great single player and didn't even expect to be playing multiplayer but it just keeps me coming back. And absolutely must get the first one. Its pretty cheap now so no excuses. You will fall in love with the first one then the second will be so much better in every aspect. Its quite astonishing. And the characters are very likable. Multiplayer is just really fun. My most played mp game right up there with bfbc2. Frankly i would have got the game even if it was the first one with more levels but it just keeps on giving.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#41 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Amazing character-driven adventure with lots of exciting action moments.

metalkitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 metalkitten
Member since 2004 • 9249 Posts
i was interested in it until i tried the demo.... not my kind of game i guess download the demo