How do I transfer Game Update Patches into a USB Stick and to my PS3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Suicide-Bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Suicide-Bunny
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

So, I live in Canada and I dont know if the Fallout 3 update with the trophies and notification freezing stoppage had arrived here. Whenever I start the Fallout 3 game I dont get a message asking if I want to update. I was suggested to go find the update patch file online and I found it in Bethesda's official Fallout site.

But from this point, I dont know what to do. Do I have to save the file in a different named folder, or is it just not possible to transfer a patch from the USB stick to the Ps3? Are there any other things that I have to do before I can download the patch onto the PS3 because it is clearly not appearing as if anything will work for me.

Just for laughs, I also tried downloading the patch from Bethesda's site from the PS3 web browser with no luck whatsoever.

Suicide-Bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Suicide-Bunny

Anyone?...:(

persianman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 persianman75
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
maybe it is already updated and you missed the message. check the version number on bottem left hand of the start screen.
Suicide-Bunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Suicide-Bunny

I just bought the game today. And theres no trophy support and the game freezes up during every notification.

RollingSun2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RollingSun2000
Member since 2008 • 44 Posts

The patch you downloaded from their website will be for the PC version of the game.

I don't mean to sound funny, but is your PS3 actually connected to the internet while you insert the game? Is your router switched on?

There may be an error with your PS3 corrctly connecting to the internet.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Game patches on the PS3 are downloaded through the game itself. When you boot up the game, you will be prompted to download the latest patch for the game is you're signed in to the PSN.

You can only to PC > USB > PS3 updates with PS3 system firmware that's released by Sony.

So in order to update your copy of Fallout 3, you need to be connected to the internet and signed in on your PSN account.