How bad is Skyrim?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bballplayer583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Bballplayer583
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts

I was planning on buying Skyrim all week for ps3, but now that i'm hearing all this crap about glitches and unplayablity i'm getting really skeptical about spending 60 bucks. today was the day i was gonna buy it, but my mind is starting to change. can you guys tell me your problems, and if its worth or not worth buying?

whiteLion64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whiteLion64
Member since 2011 • 134 Posts

just see by yourself..i have bough a copy of skyrim and i have'nt played it yet with all i saw.i don't want my ps3 to ylod

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#3 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
you know, you honestly dont hear a lot of "this game has some serious performance issues" on ps3 games for this board. my advice is to expect the worst reactions you get from here.
Bballplayer583

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Bballplayer583
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts

yea, i hope ur bein sarcastic bro. i'm seriously lookin for help here. 60 bucks is alot of money to some people

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts

Sometimes the frame rate drops a lot and it has frozen on me like 5 times but I've played like 40 hours so far. I would still get it though

CobraKai83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CobraKai83
Member since 2010 • 132 Posts

i heard a lot of the same complaints with FO3 and FO:NV,but I have both and didn't run into nearly as many problems as were being reported.

I'm glad i did too since both have become favorites of mine esp FO3

I feel you on the 60 being a bit steep for a game that has issues.

I'm going to pick up skyrim at a later date but i will grab it.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
This happens when your save file gets above 6 MB as far as I know. Pretty terrible, I hope they patch this ASAP! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81Cz9zefTW4&feature=player_embedded
gta_gamer10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 gta_gamer10
Member since 2009 • 432 Posts

for me i have a had a few time the frame rate drop slightly, and some glitches in the environment which dont so much effect the game itself dramtically, for me it is an excellent game and i'd recommend you buy it. oh and with around 40 hours played for me it hasnt frozen once

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShangTsung17
Member since 2011 • 839 Posts

I was planning on buying Skyrim all week for ps3, but now that i'm hearing all this crap about glitches and unplayablity i'm getting really skeptical about spending 60 bucks. today was the day i was gonna buy it, but my mind is starting to change. can you guys tell me your problems, and if its worth or not worth buying?

Bballplayer583

ITS NOT WORTH BUYING! trust me dude, watch some playthrough's on youtube if ya need further convincing, i too nearly bought this game last week till a friend of mine returned his and told me the reason.. save that 60 bucks for something actually playable.. rent it if ya just have to see for yourself..

Mondrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mondrath
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

Honestly guys, I don't know what half of you are on about. Got skyrim day 1, I have been playing for god knows how many hours and my save file is beyond 6 mb but I don't see any game-breaking glitches. I have had no flying horses, no sticking in walls...etc. I have encountered two bugs, one of which I caused to a point. Picked up someones sword when they dropped it and then he started to walk around as if holding it but with no sword. The other is that only once, the game wouldn't go past the load screen. So far, This is the least glitchy TES game and I've been playing them since Arena. I think that some people are gettting this game and just waiting to see the glitches and say: "Huh...see, more bugs from Bethesda!". I am not saying that Bethesda is not responsible for any glitches but you have to keep in mind what an open world game entails and how difficult it is to cover all possible variables. This is not MW3 guys, and even that has a bug or two despite being as scripted as hell.

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I got it day 1.. i'm about 30 hours in, my save is well above 6mb and its been running just fine, other than slow down/framerate issues here and there its been by far the least glitchy bethesda game i've ever played on any console..
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

Honestly guys, I don't know what half of you are on about. Got skyrim day 1, I have been playing for god knows how many hours and my save file is beyond 6 mb but I don't see any game-breaking glitches. I have had no flying horses, no sticking in walls...etc. I have encountered two bugs, one of which I caused to a point. Picked up someones sword when they dropped it and then he started to walk around as if holding it but with no sword. The other is that only once, the game wouldn't go past the load screen. So far, This is the least glitchy TES game and I've been playing them since Arena. I think that some people are gettting this game and just waiting to see the glitches and say: "Huh...see, more bugs from Bethesda!". I am not saying that Bethesda is not responsible for any glitches but you have to keep in mind what an open world game entails and how difficult it is to cover all possible variables. This is not MW3 guys, and even that has a bug or two despite being as scripted as hell.

Mondrath

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I've only had two little glitches, I had to restart no big deal. Other than that, it's been perfectly fine.

doll94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 doll94
Member since 2008 • 1559 Posts

[QUOTE="Mondrath"]

MasterKingMP

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. I've only had two little glitches, I had to restart no big deal. Other than that, it's been perfectly fine.

Same.. I havent had any problems at all really 43 hours in. I was expecting it to be a lot buggier.
ddlcpc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ddlcpc
Member since 2007 • 887 Posts

Except for some fram rate issue when visiting new places everything's running just fine for me....

csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

Had Skyrim since day one and I have seen no problems on the PS3, I have seen problems on the PC version (it would randomly shut down during game play)

ASunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ASunGod
Member since 2011 • 48 Posts
It's a popular game, of course people are going to try to knock it. It's a game that got a lot more praise then expected, and sometimes people don't like that. It's an underdog game compared to all the shooters that are running the gaming industry nowadays. It's all good though.
TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 TiagoRocha89
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
I want this game really bad too... But I'm going to wait for the patch to be Online! It's the best thing to do... A lot of stuff is atill to be found, what if after 500 hours of gameplay, the game deletes your safe-files?! I'm waiting for this one! Recomend you to do the same man!
garys821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 garys821
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
Honestly dont listen to reviewers.Get yourself the game and enjoy it
good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

It's so bad that its the only game I've played since its release... It's so bad that I play it 6-10 hours a day straight. It's so bad that I've logged over 65 hours into the game without even starting the main quest (In one week= over 9 hours per day!) ....... It's so freaking bad that it is now my favorite game. That's how bad it is!

War_Chiefs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 War_Chiefs
Member since 2007 • 119 Posts

Does anyone know when the patches will be released??.doesnt really matter since I'll be getting it either way for christmas at the latest but was just wondering

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

Does anyone know when the patches will be released??.doesnt really matter since I'll be getting it either way for christmas at the latest but was just wondering

War_Chiefs

Word was that it was supposed to be the day of launch, either I somehow missed it or we never got one. The game has been running fine for me so far although my save file is nearing 6mb causing a slight bit of nervousness to sneak in.

TiagoRocha89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TiagoRocha89
Member since 2011 • 47 Posts
It's official, a new patch wil be released, they are working at it. =)
Danituga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Danituga
Member since 2009 • 561 Posts

Bballplayer583
I think the game is just awesome, it's a big and wide game so it's almost impossible not to have some bugs or glitchs, but you can live with that.... The game is just Big!
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

I've been playing for 20 hours and it has not given me any problems. There is some slowdown here and there, but it only lasts 3-5 seconds and then goes away for a long time. The only time it got a little weird was when I was playing for 4 hours straight, but even then it was running pretty smooth.

If I were you I'd pick it up, as I've had it for over a week (midnight release) and it hasn't given me any gamebreaking (or really even annoying) bugs/glitches.

If you want gamebreaking slowdown then check out Dark Souls, which I think has more issues than Skyrim (though, I do think they're both really good games).

Honestly, idk what people are complaining about on the forums. Maybe I've just been lucky, but like I said, 20 hours in and no bugs have arrised to ruin the experience for me.

JustAddZombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JustAddZombies
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
I'm only about 10 hours in so far, but I haven't encountered any massive bugs of glitches. Only time will tell, but so far it's by and far my favorite game of the year.
LazyMushroom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LazyMushroom
Member since 2011 • 914 Posts

I'm going to be picking Skyrim up this week. Hopefully I won't encounter any issues.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blueboxdoctor

I'd just like to add to the problems that occur when save files reach over 6MB in size. I'm over that and still have no problems.

However, it seems to be a random problem depending on your system, so I'd say get it used (from gamestop since you can return it in 7 days if problems occur) or rent it if you're nervous about spending $60 on it. The game itself is so great that missing out on it means missing out on one of the best games of the current gen of consoles.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

I have been playing Oblivion and truth is I am having a lot trouble staying on track with all the quests and Yes this game does look great but if it confusing as Oblivion I may wait till I learn more on Oblivion. Is that a smart thing to do, Even $54.99 at gamestop is a lot of money to me. But I am very intrigued by this game though.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
The only issue I've ran into was having to restart the game every now and then after playing for long periods of time to get rid of the lag issues.
blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 blueboxdoctor

I have been playing Oblivion and truth is I am having a lot trouble staying on track with all the quests and Yes this game does look great but if it confusing as Oblivion I may wait till I learn more on Oblivion. Is that a smart thing to do, Even $54.99 at gamestop is a lot of money to me. But I am very intrigued by this game though.

teacher4tc

There were some things in Oblivion I didn't do because I didn't know how to (i.e. making potions, enchanting weapons, and I just couldn't get used to using a bow in Oblivion), but Skyrim gives really good tutorials/explanations for how to use all the features. Also worth noting, they managed to do it without dumbing down the game, so it still has a ton of content. Though, it was weird picking a class and not specific special abilities/star constellation(it all comes into play when you level up, and actually works really well), but it was done to allow the player to play exactly how they want to.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#31 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

There's glitches, but nothing major that makes it unplayable. Get it, play it, and enjoy it.

l-laxor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 l-laxor
Member since 2009 • 166 Posts

As with all Bethesda games you should expect the worst when it comes to bugs, frame rate drops and random crashes.

Born_Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Born_Lucky
Member since 2003 • 1730 Posts

Literally hundreds of thousands of complaints, and people are still trying to deny there's a problem?

You gotta be kidding me.

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ShangTsung17

Literally hundreds of thousands of complaints, and people are still trying to deny there's a problem?

You gotta be kidding me.

Born_Lucky

tell me about it.. some fanboys will go to any lengths to defend they're favorite game, even if it means lying an claiming it gives them no issues, sad..

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ShangTsung17

hell, on youtube there are literally more vids showing and making fun of skyrims glitches than playthroughs.. and some of them are freakin hillarious! lmfao especially the one with the flying horse, its a must see! has the song *amazing horse* playing in the background, i laughed so hard i almost sh!t myself! :lol:

sensfanVone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sensfanVone
Member since 2006 • 1714 Posts

Got it day one, have had some slowdown but nothing intense, only once has it been unplayable and that was lag after about 6 straight hours of play, I shut it off for ten minutes and it worked all right after that.

I did have one crazy issue where I couldn't fast travel to a certain cave, it would freeze everytime, so I had to zone a little further away and run there, minor inconvenience, but still inconvenient. :p

Btw, save file is at approximately 11 MB.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
[QUOTE="ShangTsung17"]

[QUOTE="Born_Lucky"]

You gotta be kidding me.

tell me about it.. some fanboys will go to any lengths to defend they're favorite game, even if it means lying an claiming it gives them no issues, sad..

It's Bethesda.....it should be expected. Although, I'm not having major issues with the game like others.
Batzi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Batzi88
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Bad enough that you had to create a thread about it :P

TransFishers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TransFishers
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts
The only issue I've ran into was having to restart the game every now and then after playing for long periods of time to get rid of the lag issues.bblundell
I've had this starting to happen. The only problem I have, really. In cities, after about four or five hours, I get bad framerate drops. Not quite as choppy as ES3: Morrowind on the OG Xbox last gen was, but still pretty bad. I quit for a while, go back to it, and it's fine again for about the same amount of time. Four or five hours is about as long as I play any given day anyway. I guess having dumped so much time into the console version of Morrowind, I'm a LOT more forgiving of these kinds of things by default.
TransFishers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TransFishers
Member since 2011 • 263 Posts
tell me about it.. some fanboys will go to any lengths to defend they're favorite game, even if it means lying an claiming it gives them no issues, sad..ShangTsung17
Calling people a liar because they have a different experience than you is not called for, nor terribly reasonable.
Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Save your money or wait until they patch it, it freezes pretty often and the framerate which gets worse the longer you play is all other the place,

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts

I've been enjoying it quite a lot so far, but I've run into a fair few bugs and I've had the game freeze up on me completely twice.

Last time I played it the game was nearly unplayable due to the massive amounts of random slowdown

ShangTsung17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ShangTsung17

it really does suck that this games broken glitchiness makes it unplayable, cause if it worked properely skyrim would be the funnest game of all time.. :(

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts
My friend is close to 35 hours into the game and it became almost unplayable for him.. the frame rates had become very low and the game would freeze on occasions. Im very dissapointed at the company behind the final release. At this point in time where competition with quality games is everywhere you cant simply release non properly tested product, regadless of its size or proportion. Either do the work well, or dont do it at all. I learned that lesson well. If the game is patched properly in future where you can enjoy the experience then go ahead and purchase it for PS3. Otherwise, look eleswhere.
Mondrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mondrath
Member since 2007 • 314 Posts

I started a thread for this question but hardly anyone answered, so here we go again. What kind of PS3 (fatty or slim) are you playing Skyrim on? I ask this because it seems odd that a large number of people are complaining about a large number of problems and an equal number of players seem to have very few or none (and not all of them can be fanboys...this is for you Shang Tsung17). If it is system related then someone can contact Bethesda and tell them that fattys are having problems. If this is not what affects whether you have bugs or not then...well...what can you do?

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

120gig slim after about 25 hours the game became more and more unplayable.

teacher4tc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 teacher4tc
Member since 2008 • 345 Posts

[QUOTE="teacher4tc"]

blueboxdoctor

There were some things in Oblivion I didn't do because I didn't know how to (i.e. making potions, enchanting weapons, and I just couldn't get used to using a bow in Oblivion), but Skyrim gives really good tutorials/explanations for how to use all the features. Also worth noting, they managed to do it without dumbing down the game, so it still has a ton of content. Though, it was weird picking a class and not specific special abilities/star constellation(it all comes into play when you level up, and actually works really well), but it was done to allow the player to play exactly how they want to.

Thank for the reply and update.
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

yea, i hope ur bein sarcastic bro. i'm seriously lookin for help here. 60 bucks is alot of money to some people

Bballplayer583
Only things I have heard is some missions glitching on people. But outside of that all is fine. It is a bethesda game so your gonna get glitches.