here are the signs of ylod on ps3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tcf457073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 tcf457073
Member since 2010 • 476 Posts

1.) When starting up you get a message stating that the disc isn't readable.
2.) The console freezes up.
3.) The sound freezes or you hear static sounds.

4.) There are problems with the graphics. You see strange effects such as pin stripes, checker patterns, or anything that's obviously not part of the game.

5.) The only thing that works is the off button.

6.) slow as 30fps

7.) hearing the fan

Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts
only problem i had was a loud fan besides that worked perfectly... then 1 day game screen froze for 5 sec ps3 restarted and nlinkin red light ;(
leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts
Can you get the YLOD on the slim models?
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I'm starting to get a little bit worried about my PS3. Fan can get pretty loud at times, and yesterday I put LOTR: War in the North in, and it didn't read it. I ejected it and put it back in and then it read it, but still, I'm a little worried.

What is more troublesome to me is recently I've had problems with what I'll call "stuttering". About once every 30 or so seconds, the game will just "stutter" (the frame rate pauses) for just a hair of a split second, but I can notice it. It's not gamebreaking, but annoying, nonetheless.

Is it time to salvage what I can and trade it in to Gamestop for a new one or should I keep playing it?

leperphiliac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 leperphiliac
Member since 2008 • 1391 Posts

I'm starting to get a little bit worried about my PS3. Fan can get pretty loud at times, and yesterday I put LOTR: War in the North in, and it didn't read it. I ejected it and put it back in and then it read it, but still, I'm a little worried.

What is more troublesome to me is recently I've had problems with what I'll call "stuttering". About once every 30 or so seconds, the game will just "stutter" (the frame rate pauses) for just a hair of a split second, but I can notice it. It's not gamebreaking, but annoying, nonetheless.

Is it time to salvage what I can and trade it in to Gamestop for a new one or should I keep playing it?

Vari3ty
Sell it on ebay, whilst it still works.
benz1980i

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 benz1980i
Member since 2007 • 285 Posts

I have had the YLOD three times. I have fixed it myself the past two times, but my PS3 is running really hot and my fan is going max speed. Check youtube to see how to repair YLOD. I have the original 60GB PS3 and plan on getting a new PS3 to retire my old girl.

Check out this video to see what my PS3 did the last time I had the YLOD. Everything in the menu went pixelated! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRiLH1Krjmk

conistant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 conistant
Member since 2008 • 2169 Posts
My ps3 started shutting off after 30 or 40 minutes of gameplay with the time gradually decreasing to around 15 minutes before it got the ylod.
ericpol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ericpol
Member since 2006 • 370 Posts

Vari3ty

mine was doing the same thing not reading disc had to put it back in now won't read discs at all DUMP IT NOW

Avatar image for mcpeepants23200
mcpeepants23200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mcpeepants23200
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts

so glad I never had this. I had my disc drive fail in my Xbox and RROD. Really don't want to buy a new system until the next gen comes out.

tcf457073

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 tcf457073
Member since 2010 • 476 Posts
Can you get the YLOD on the slim models?leperphiliac
yes
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Usually when you get the common cause of the YLOD your PS3 switches off and the red light LED blinks along with 3 beeps. Thats a sure sign that your PS3 is beginning to get the YLOD if it starts doing it continiously. It will let you switch the PS3 back on a number of times but then YLOD completely. Thats how mine occurred.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

My PS3 does 7 and 4 occasionally... it's been doing that kind of thing for awhile now, but who knows...

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

non of these signs shown when my ps3 got ylod,my ps3 got so lound for couple of days then all the sudden when I was play a game and it shuts off and got me the yellow light.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#14 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I've had my console nearly 3 years now and I may just be paranoid but I think I'm experiencing 2, 3, and 7. It rarely freezes outside of games, so I don't think that's really an issue, and the sound thing has been happening to me while playing BF3, but I think it's just the game. But my fan can get rather loud. So I don't know. I plan on replacing the HDD, because I'm running out of space. Does replacing it do anything to help it performance wise? I don't know a great deal about these things. I assume it doesn't, but I still need the extra space.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I've had my console nearly 3 years now and I may just be paranoid but I think I'm experiencing 2, 3, and 7. It rarely freezes outside of games, so I don't think that's really an issue, and the sound thing has been happening to me while playing BF3, but I think it's just the game. But my fan can get rather loud. So I don't know. I plan on replacing the HDD, because I'm running out of space. Does replacing it do anything to help it performance wise? I don't know a great deal about these things. I assume it doesn't, but I still need the extra space.

SoNin360

I don't think replacing the HDD will do anything to improve fan performance.

My fan has also been very loud though. I've been thinking of replacing the console.

Deaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 Deaho
Member since 2005 • 1004 Posts

[QUOTE="SoNin360"]

Vari3ty

I don't think replacing the HDD will do anything to improve fan performance.

My fan has also been very loud though. I've been thinking of replacing the console.

the only thing u can do is to change the thermal compound

Loegi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Loegi
Member since 2009 • 1692 Posts
I haven't got any of these signs when I got my YLOD, it just didn't start anymore. But I guess they could indicate a YLOD.