Help with PS3 (urgent)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suzukigsxr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 suzukigsxr
Member since 2005 • 697 Posts

okay so here is the problem.

My ps3 won't turn on! The red or green light that is usually on is not on, i flipped the power switch in the back, tried a different outlet, unplugged and replugged everything in, and I can't get it to work. I wanted to send it in to sony to get it repaired but I don't have my proof of purchase for my warranty and because of that, I have to use the out of warranty for which they want 150 bucks to repair it. So I guess my question is does anybody have any suggestions as to what I should do? Has anyone had this happen to them before?

Note: This occured a couple of days after I downloaded the 2.40 update and because it wont turn on, I can't download the 2.41.

v_rfranco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 v_rfranco
Member since 2004 • 282 Posts

have u tried to change cables? try to use a different cable swtich it with the one for ur comp or monitor and see if it works if not than the power supply went south on u, sry

x2926014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 x2926014
Member since 2006 • 1372 Posts

5 words:

Time to use the warranty!!

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

hmm..sounds like the something might have happened to the power supply. If you checked the main power supply switch on the back of the system and it's on, and the AC power cord is securely plugged in, check and make sure you can turn on your tv and other equipment that might be plugged into the same outlet. If those aren't working either, then hopefully a fuse has tripped and all you have to do is go check the box. Is your PS3 connected to a surge protector? If so, check its fuse. If none of those options help you out, then it sounds like you might be sending Sony a package in the mail.

kalhamdan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kalhamdan
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
if the red lights are not turning on it might be the power button it self ..so if that the case try to find the prof of purchase or pay the 150$ :( anyway good luck
DJCUEBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJCUEBALL
Member since 2008 • 2562 Posts
How about a circuit breaker in the house or something?