Help ! I'm completely hopeless at Prince of Persia trilogy combat :(

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Hello everyone ,

Since PSN is down , i purchased POP Trilogy for single player and i'm new to the series . While i'm finding the platforming section very fun , i'm tottally sucking at combat ( all three games ) .

Main Gripe - Limited Health .

Prince of Persia Sands of Time : Got stuck while fighting Princes father and his minions while saving Farah , getting owned .

Prince of Persia The Warrior Within : Sucking at combat

Prince of Persia The Two Thrones : Sucking at combat .

I dunno , Tomb Raider Trilogy was easier for me to complete .

What am i doing wrong ? Whats the trick ( easy combo ) for enjoying prince of Persia ?

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
There is not much I can tell you. Just evade as much as possible. A defensive battle style is the easiest way to get through this trilogy. It won't look as cool though. For The Two Thrones: If open combat is not your thing try get rid of all the enemies per stealth kill. You can get rid of almost all normal enemies like this. Boss battles of course are a different matter.
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 indzman

There is not much I can tell you. Just evade as much as possible. A defensive battle style is the easiest way to get through this trilogy. It won't look as cool though. For The Two Thrones: If open combat is not your thing try get rid of all the enemies per stealth kill. You can get rid of almost all normal enemies like this. Boss battles of course are a different matter.Reptylus

Yeah , stealth kill is very handy at TTT :)

Devouring_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#4 Devouring_One
Member since 2004 • 32312 Posts
the combat system in these games weren't really good. the onyl real way to fighter is dodge and hit and thats about it
mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

Just keep trying! ;) I had some issues with the combat aswell. (and some of the boss fights; I'm looking at you twins from Two Thrones!)

And a little tip; try and just complete one PoP game at a time, before playing another one. They all got a bit different combat, so you could easily get confused.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

just run up the wall, backflip, and do the spinning move when you get on the ground. It's basically a one hit kill. This works at least for Warrior Within and The Two Thrones.

On a side note, how are both of the trilogies you've played in terms of their hi-def makeover and smoothness of the gameplay (the origial POP trilogy for the ps2 suffered from slowdown at parts). Would you recommend the Tomb Raider one?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 indzman

just run up the wall, backflip, and do the spinning move when you get on the ground. It's basically a one hit kill. This works at least for Warrior Within and The Two Thrones.

On a side note, how are both of the trilogies you've played in terms of their hi-def makeover and smoothness of the gameplay (the origial POP trilogy for the ps2 suffered from slowdown at parts). Would you recommend the Tomb Raider one?

blueboxdoctor

The Tomb Raider and Prince of Persia HD Trilogy version are absolute must buy ... imo :) I completed the Tomb Raider Trilogy flawlessly , working my way on POP ( so i'm not completely sure on POP part ) :)

Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#8 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I used the combo (forget which buttons,X then square I think) where you jump over their head then do a damaging slash,although it can't be used on all enemies.Used it in all 3 with good effect.Using the throwing move (triangle with no secondary weapon equipped) can also give you some breathing space.

The fight with his father in SoT is tricky,just persevere and keep near the water pool so you can get health as you need it.Another handy move is run into a wall and press square,makes him dive at an enemy for a one hit kill sometimes.

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

Main Gripe - Limited Health .

Prince of Persia Sands of Time : Got stuck while fighting Princes father and his minions while saving Farah , getting owned .

indzman

I remember having the EXACT same issue at that area of the game LOL! Man how time flies (played it on Xbox back in the day).

Solution: If you look around you'll find a pool of water where you can replenish your health. Simply run around the enemies striking them when possible but focus on dodge rolling ALOT. and keep drinking water outta the pool every 3 seconds. Eventually they'll all succomb to your limited slashes and die. Takes awhile though. Be patient.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 indzman

Thanks everyone , i'm performing better now . Near a wall ( analog towards wall ) and Square + X , Freezing time with R 1 , jumping over a enemy with a X and slashing with Square from behind is helping me so far .

* keeping fingers crossed * :)