HDMI problems...HELP!!!!!!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Furbyballistik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Furbyballistik
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
i got an HDMI cable off of ebay about a week ago, i just recieved it today, i hooked it up to my hdtv and all...but it wouldnt display the image any higher than 480i...i went to the display option on theh ps3, and tried to set it to HDMI, but it would just stay at standard def....this REALLY bugged the heck out of me....idk if its something im doing wrong, of if this HDMI cord is messed up...but i was wondering if any of you kno a solution to this? (btw, my HDTV is a Sony Wega, if you have that tv lemme kno how u got it to work, if you did) thanx
Conjuredevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Conjuredevil
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts

i got an HDMI cable off of ebay about a week ago, i just recieved it today, i hooked it up to my hdtv and all...but it wouldnt display the image any higher than 480i...i went to the display option on theh ps3, and tried to set it to HDMI, but it would just stay at standard def....this REALLY bugged the heck out of me....idk if its something im doing wrong, of if this HDMI cord is messed up...but i was wondering if any of you kno a solution to this? (btw, my HDTV is a Sony Wega, if you have that tv lemme kno how u got it to work, if you did) thanxFurbyballistik

Do a Hard reset and plug out standard def cables.(check if HDMI cable is plugged in properly.)

TheWartongue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TheWartongue
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts
did you hold down the reset button until you heard a beep to make it auto config?
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jdogthebomb09
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts
Don't do any of that unnesscesary stuff. All you have to do, is when you set it for HDMI output, on the next screen it displays different resolutions, jus press the X button on the resolutions that your TV supports. I had the same problem when I was trying to output in 720p.
ChadWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChadWhite
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
Do a hard reset??
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jdogthebomb09
He means unplugging it when the PS3 is on. That's why I said that's ridicolous.
ChadWhite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChadWhite
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts
Oh thanks. I would never do that as it may corrupt data.
jdogthebomb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 jdogthebomb09
Exactly, just figure out what the problem is, or you can just turn on RGB, it make it look like HD that way by provoding deeper colors.