HDD swap for Playstation 3 over X-box 360 FD Swap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NeoSaintST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#1 NeoSaintST
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts

Howdy all. Let's consider what's going on in your future gaming investment. 1) Have you bought one of these recent next generation gaming systems? 2)Through by which method did you buy it from. 3) In store or online? 4) Are you linked to the internet? 5)Are you frequently utilizing your gaming console as a memory storage device?

Here's my question to you. Is it better to upgrade the memory of a Playstation 3 or an X-box 360? Which is more cost efficient? Which one gives you better memory access? Which one allows you to transfer and back-up better a external usb device and fully restore any backed up profiles? Please give me your input and tell me if your spending more than you want foradditional memory (GB) to your gaming console. With everything gaming being online accessible and every new game out there requiring online broadband internet connection; we'll you be having a memory storage overload or do you think your current storage capicity is well equiped for all these "required" patchs and updates. Hmph.."I don't want to upgrade anymore please, just let me play my freakin' games already." Anonymous.

FIN

-NST (NeoSaintST)

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

I'd say the PS3.

NeoSaintST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NeoSaintST

I'd say the PS3.

Furi-Kun

Explain wih a bit more detail please.

-NST

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

Well to answer two of your questions, it's not as costly to upgrade your storage on the PS3. You can probably find a good size for a fair price if you know where to look. Also the PS3 gives you the option of backing up your saved progress to an external device. I usually back up my games(the ones that allow it) ever so often just in case anything should happen.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 hazelnutman
Member since 2007 • 9688 Posts
Seeing how this involves the 360, this thread should be posted in System Wars. I don't know about the 360 since I don't own one yet, but I'm definately feeling the need to upgrade my current PS3 HDD right now from 60 to something like 300. Those damn game utility data thingies take up loads of space, and I'm too lazy to uninstall/install the games I'm currently playing. Plus, I just got into buying stuff from the PSN Store, so an upgrade is currently a must for me.
fazedjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 fazedjb
Member since 2008 • 542 Posts

cost wise its much cheaper to upgrade a ps3 drive as opposed to a 360 due to the ps3 allowing third party drives to fit without having to hack your console. i do believe the 360 also has a limit cap on the drives available space. 120 atm i think. even if you put a 250 drive in your xbox it can still only use 120.

with games getting bigger and films and software becoming more prevailent through DLC, I`d go ps3. you are then merely limited by the latest tech.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

difference :

price : X360 : 40$ for 20Go, 160$ for 120Go ; PS3 you can choose any brand (I got a 160Gb Hitachi for 40 Euros / 56$)

choice : X360 : can only buy the Microsoft X360 HDD ; PS3 any brand, but 800 rpm heats less

NeoSaintST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NeoSaintST

These are some really good points. I've been a victim of the infamous 360'sTROD "Three Rings of Death" before and it's dude, isdue to the poor design of the ventillation system, poor semi conductorsoldering andinsufficient quality control from Microsoft manufacturors. X-box 360'sHDD drives are not costly but they are the only one that are used on the 360's external dive memory component. So, In essense those who have upgraded their PS3's memery find it easy, cost-effective, and not had any overheating problems with their SATA drive if their Driver is's spining over 8000 rpms? Cool and thanks for your input. Yes, I know! I shoudd have but it to the "System Wars" blog. Ciao for now.

yagr_zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 yagr_zero
Member since 2006 • 27850 Posts
This would be better off in System Wars as you're talking about both the PS3 and the 360.