HAZE- What do you reckon????

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Brazil_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Brazil_Surfer
Member since 2004 • 707 Posts
After seeing a few gameplayvideos of this It seems quite interesting, but will it just be another fps? do you think it has potential to get 9 or higher? It would be a great end of the year for ps3if uncharted and haze turn out to be great!! (I know uncharted is allready amazing). what do you guys think about the next ps3 exclusive?
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts
I don't know, Haze would need to do a lot to get me off of Call of Duty 4. I had Haze high on my list but COD4 has been a big surprise. I will have to give up one of my other FPS games to get Haze. R6V your days might be numbered!
mastamo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mastamo
Member since 2007 • 387 Posts
Haze is made by Free Radical. Nearly all the games created by Free Radical got a 9.0 and higher. Definitely this game has potential to get more than a 9.0. Also, I think this game is going to be amazing judging on the gameplay and trailers.
edthetinker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 edthetinker
Member since 2007 • 1373 Posts

Haze is made by Free Radical. Nearly all the games created by Free Radical got a 9.0 and higher. Definitely this game has potential to get more than a 9.0. Also, I think this game is going to be amazing judging on the gameplay and trailers.mastamo

Spot on!

meetah13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 meetah13
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts
It would be hard for them to screw up a game. Haze looks awesome!
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ScottEFresh
Member since 2003 • 1574 Posts
HAZE is THE game to get this holiday season.
Gamerboi27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Gamerboi27
Member since 2005 • 3261 Posts

ya so excited for this game also.... i mean 4 player splitscreen OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

Well, Free Radical is pretty great,, but i still have my doubts about this titel.. it looks a little bland and generic,.

I really hope it will be one of the best shooters out there, but i doubt it.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

Well, Free Radical is pretty great,, but i still have my doubts about this titel.. it looks a little bland and generic,.

Always-Honest

How long you think we should let the 60 owners think their geting it lol. Who knows thow ;) MGS E3 lol!!!!!!

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

truenextgen

How long you think we should let the 60 owners think their geting it lol. Who knows thow ;) MGS E3 lol!!!!!!

what?.. 360 owners?.. i don't think they believe this will be a great game.

I'm not sure i understand where you're getting at here..

sm0ke311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 sm0ke311
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
haze is out in filnad meaby im getting it today:D
truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 truenextgen
[QUOTE="truenextgen"][QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

Always-Honest

what?.. 360 owners?.. i don't think they believe this will be a great game.

I'm not sure i understand where you're getting at here..

Well some think their getting it. And its even so far as being listed for 08. Problem is when they ask Free Radical about this yesterday. They said we dont even have another version in the works as of now. That does not mean it wont happen, but if it does it wont be intill 09 without anything in the works at all. And by that time we wise will have Haze 2!

Now with that said, who wants to make more "HAZE is the God of games for Christmas." Because I hope it is :) But who knows?

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Always-Honest

Well some think their getting it. And its even so far as being listed for 08. Problem is when they ask Free Radical about this yesterday. They said we dont even have another version in the works as of now. That does not mean it wont happen, but if it does it wont be intill 09 without anything in the works at all. And by that time we wise will have Haze 2!

Now with that said, who wants to make more "HAZE is the God of games for Christmas." Because I hope it is :) But who knows?

truenextgen

ah, yes, even i thought it was a timed exclusive. It's not? okay. well, i think the 360 has no shortage of quality shooters, but if Haze turns out to be great, i'm sure they'd like to have it. I think they want MGS4 and Killzone2 more though. I also think those games will be much better than haze. But who knows. i hope Haze will surprise us in a positive way.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 truenextgen
[QUOTE="truenextgen"]

Always-Honest

ah, yes, even i thought it was a timed exclusive. It's not? okay. well, i think the 360 has no shortage of quality shooters, but if Haze turns out to be great, i'm sure they'd like to have it. I think they want MGS4 and Killzone2 more though. I also think those games will be much better than haze. But who knows. i hope Haze will surprise us in a positive way.

Well it is timed, but its longer than most thought. Like a full year or more? And The other problem is Free Radical does not have time to port something if their doing their next thing "their not a multi mega company." Unless they were to hand it down the line. So chances are if it ever does become a 360 game. It would be 2009. Killzone is owned by Sony in pure form. Thats not gonna move ever. Its not like a Halo deal. Killzone is all sony. But MG4 could make a move. But it would "again" be a game everyone has already played by that time. And with FF 13, God of War, and GT 5, Infamous and others sitting before that time. Sales will lean for developers to not have to go one way or another. Do to the PS3 maybe being in front % wise than. And on its way into second place.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 truenextgen

In basic

"Ubisoft has confirmed there's one more first-person shooter coming out this year: Free Radical's PlayStation 3-exclusive Haze. Previously set for release next week, Gamasutra reports Ubisoft officials now say the title will be released on December 14th in Europe, with a US release in December as well. Retailers currently have the release set to December 4.
Haze has followed an unusual path toward exclusivity -- it began as a multi-console title, moved toward a timed exclusivity on PS3, and finally became a long-term PS3-only title when Free Radical announced only that version was in production... but didn't deny the possibility of other versions in the future"" Yesterday

legandary_ACE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 legandary_ACE
Member since 2005 • 436 Posts
it think HAZE is a sleeping giant.......its a good thing its not over hyped because it might surprise everyone 8) , but i could be wrong, we'll see
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Always-Honest

Well it is timed, but its longer than most thought. Like a full year or more? And The other problem is Free Radical does not have time to port something if their doing their next thing "their not a multi mega company." Unless they were to hand it down the line. So chances are if it ever does become a 360 game. It would be 2009. Killzone is owned by Sony in pure form. Thats not gonna move ever. Its not like a Halo deal. Killzone is all sony. But MG4 could make a move. But it would "again" be a game everyone has already played by that time. And with FF 13, God of War, and GT 5, Infamous and others sitting before that time. Sales will lean for developers to not have to go one way or another. Do to the PS3 maybe being in front % wise than. And on its way into second place.

truenextgen

Killzone is made by a company from Holland (Guerilla: incredible enough, they are still looking for extra people for Killzone 2:http://www.guerrilla-games.com/jobs_vacancies.html). They have an exclusive deal with Sony like Bungie HAD with Microsoft.

I will buy MGS4 FOR PS3 FOR SURE. that's the latform it was developed for in the first place.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 truenextgen

Yea but their SCEA. Which is Sony. Like Spider man is Sony, and other salso. Or AC DC is Sony, and others also. Publisher/ developer. If both separate than thats different.

Its not like Micro's gonna make a Spider man movie anytime soon :P, and they dont have that type of media power so? I dont see them moving a SCEA game. I mean Micro is rich. But they did one thing. Make windows. And they took that idea. They never made hardware before. Never intill the Box, they were clueless on it. Its not like they have tuns of media around the world off the PC. Their mega rich but I dont say the type of superpower that Sony is. So their not gonna move them. And their not a guarantee for anything either, Zoom, Xbox, whatever else they have tried failed.

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#19 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts

Haze look's good but needs more work done to it....

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 truenextgen

Haze look's good but needs more work done to it....

PS360Fanboy

Yea in basic I took the long road to say that lol.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Always-Honest

Yea but their SCEA. Which is Sony. Like Spider man is Sony, and other salso. Or AC DC is Sony, and others also. Publisher/ developer. If both separate than thats different.

Its not like Micro's gonna make a Spider man movie anytime soon :P, and they dont have that type of media power so? I dont see them moving a SCEA game. I mean Micro is rich. But they did one thing. Make windows. And they took that idea. They never made hardware before. Never intill the Box, they were clueless on it. Its not like they have tuns of media around the world off the PC. Their mega rich but I dont say the type of superpower that Sony is. So their not gonna move them. And their not a guarantee for anything either, Zoom, Xbox, whatever else they have tried failed.

truenextgen

Yeah, but that was the same with Bungie untill recently.

Just play the games you like. they are all there up for grabs, all there for you to play. Misplaced loyalty to a brand is weird imo.

dudester1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dudester1981
Member since 2007 • 137 Posts

I thought Free RAdical were working on the next timesplitters game after haze that puts chances of appearing on 360 back again but at this point who knows.

Theres one thing that would keep it exclusive is sales.

ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ScottEFresh
I can't believe people still think this game might be comming to 360 or PC. IT'S NOT! No way, no how, it's not going to other platforms! Hurry up HAZE!
ScottEFresh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ScottEFresh

I thought Free RAdical were working on the next timesplitters game after haze that puts chances of appearing on 360 back again but at this point who knows.

Theres one thing that would keep it exclusive is sales.

dudester1981

Exactly. HAZE is PS3 exclusive. Free Radical will make Timesplitters4 multi-plat though no doubt.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 truenextgen
Its not loyal to a brand. Its not liking a company. You know I have a ant who lost a job do to them. My brother gave me a full rundown on them from IBM view. Their not the good guys by any means. So Ill play Nintendo Ill play another sega if it ever happened, Ill play Sony. But I wont touch Micro. In fact all are PCs are going back to MACS soon. It affected many bad. And many others i find more and more "it has effected" as I meet these others.

Man I have to be at work soon. I gonna be dead! Tired. It should be interesting.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Always-Honest

Its not loyal to a brand. Its not liking a company. You know I have a ant who lost a job do to them. My brother gave me a full rundown on them from IBM view. Their not the good guys by any means. So Ill play Nintendo Ill play another sega if it ever happened, Ill play Sony. But I wont touch Micro. In fact all are PCs are going back to MACS soon. It affected many bad. And many others i find more and more "it has effected" as I meet these others.

Man I have to be at work soon. I gonna be dead! Tired. It should be interesting. truenextgen

although i can understand you dislike Microsoft (who doesn't), i think. And yeah, i hope Macs will take over. But the 360 has some serious good games..

Luckaly the PS3 has too and more great games are coming.

Well, succes sleaping at work! :-P

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 truenextgen

[QUOTE="truenextgen"]Its not loyal to a brand. Its not liking a company. You know I have a ant who lost a job do to them. My brother gave me a full rundown on them from IBM view. Their not the good guys by any means. So Ill play Nintendo Ill play another sega if it ever happened, Ill play Sony. But I wont touch Micro. In fact all are PCs are going back to MACS soon. It affected many bad. And many others i find more and more "it has effected" as I meet these others.

Man I have to be at work soon. I gonna be dead! Tired. It should be interesting. Always-Honest

although i can understand you dislike Microsoft (who doesn't), i think. And yeah, i hope Macs will take over. But the 360 has some serious good games..

Luckaly the PS3 has too and more great games are coming.

Well, succes sleaping at work! :-P

LOL, yea I got to get in the shower now.

p4ddym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 p4ddym
Member since 2005 • 632 Posts
Definitely getting this game and Uncharted. Both look good. Also want to get the orange box, assasins creed and call of duty among others. Too many games to play right now...
ndrliang2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#29 ndrliang2
Member since 2006 • 157 Posts
Haze is going to be a wild Card. Either It surpasses everyones expectations, or its terrible.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts
i think haze is 8 material from what i have seen. looks like another average shooter...but im still going to get it.
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#31 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
By the looks of the trailers and clips, the gameplay looks good and very well polished, lets just hope theres something in the multiplayer online that will attract ppl.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 espoac
Member since 2005 • 4342 Posts
I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Always-Honest

I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4espoac

no, we PLAYED CoD4. We HAVEN'T played HAZE. it's hands on reports that say the level design is generic.

From the little info that i've seen (all that you saw), i couldn't tell if the entire game is generic. it does look kinda bland..

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GlassDominion

I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4espoac

call of duty 4 also didnt do anything special either. call of duty just delivered on the action gamers want.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 espoac

[QUOTE="espoac"]I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4Always-Honest

no, we PLAYED CoD4. We HAVEN'T played HAZE. it's hands on reports that say the level design is generic.

From the little info that i've seen (all that you saw), i couldn't tell if the entire game is generic. it does look kinda bland..

be that as it may I really don't think COD4 is doing anything remarkably new in terms of level design or gameplay. I do think Haze is at least trying to do something a bit different with the gameplay and story by having you switch from trooper to rebel.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 GlassDominion
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

[QUOTE="espoac"]I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4espoac

be that as it may I really don't think COD4 is doing anything remarkably new in terms of level design or gameplay. I do think Haze is at least trying to do something a bit different with the gameplay and story by having you switch from trooper to rebel.

its been done before, its nothing new...

Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
I'm gonna say Lair syndrome. Something will just throw it way out of wack. From what we can see it'll be lack of new gameplay elements, just same old and a slightly new plot.

'Cliche shooter with great online support'
...Wait did i just describe halo 3.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 espoac

[QUOTE="espoac"]I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4GlassDominion

call of duty 4 also didnt do anything special either. call of duty just delivered on the action gamers want.

Yeah and there's nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't make sense to hold COD4 and Haze to different standards .
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GlassDominion
[QUOTE="GlassDominion"]

[QUOTE="espoac"]I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4espoac

yeah and there's nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't make sense to hold COD4 to a different standard than Haze.

its not, haze just hasnt showed the potentil...in all the previews its been "meh" "run of the mill" "average".

call of duty was at least previewed to be intense action, not to mention call of duty has a history of the intense action.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Always-Honest
[QUOTE="Always-Honest"]

true, CoD4 is pretty generic in most ways too. Although some levels actually are very new (death from a bove, follow the leader). Generic does not have to mean "BAD".

The best thing about HAZE for me would be the fact that this game is MADE for co-op.

espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 espoac
[QUOTE="espoac"][QUOTE="GlassDominion"]

[QUOTE="espoac"]I don't know where people get the idea that Haze is generic from. If Haze is generic than so is Call of Duty 4GlassDominion

yeah and there's nothing wrong with that. It just doesn't make sense to hold COD4 to a different standard than Haze.

its not, haze just hasnt showed the potentil...in all the previews its been "meh" "run of the mill" "average".

call of duty was at least previewed to be intense action, not to mention call of duty has a history of the intense action.

First off you have to understand that I think COD4 was way overrated for multiple reasons. But anyways I still don't understand how Haze is generic when COD4 isn't. Does the fact that COD4 has a very quick pace save it from the fact that it is very similar to things we've seen before in shooters? IMO, no but I can see why some people would say "yes its intensity makes up for its derivitive nature" and that's fine. It just doesn't make sense for people to then call Haze generic without even mentioning CO4's repetitive nature.

And also while previews haven't exactly been glowing for Haze, I haven't read any that call it generic.

NuKkU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#43 NuKkU
Member since 2007 • 16904 Posts

HAZE is THE game to get this holiday season.ScottEFresh

Yup your right

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GlassDominion

why are you bringing repetition into this now?

call of duty is generic with hot action to keep the player interested in whats going on

Haze hasnt been showing people its going to be the hot action fps gamers like to keep them interested.

i already know you have interesting issues about what is repetative and what isnt, but how does haze not look generic?

i-lick-monkeys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 i-lick-monkeys
Member since 2007 • 2971 Posts
it lloks bad imo
gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamer_marrik
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
Haze looks awesome..there are a couple things that worry me though... the weapon choices..I've seen like 2-3 weapons in all the gameplay movies.... And nectar highs surposedly let you zoom in with a regular gun, almost like it has a snipe scope... I really want a demo of it.. Sadly I think they only have one for U.K.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GlassDominion

Haze looks awesome..there are a couple things that worry me though... the weapon choices..I've seen like 2-3 weapons in all the gameplay movies.... And nectar highs surposedly let you zoom in with a regular gun, almost like it has a snipe scope... I really want a demo of it.. Sadly I think they only have one for U.K.gamer_marrik

i saw a weapon list it was alright sized...i wana say like 12 guns long...and they all had funny names.

mohit2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mohit2003
Member since 2003 • 669 Posts
I was sure at first it would be great especialy since its Free radical but after hearing all the good stuff I read some bad stuff about how it got kind of bad in the indoor shooting parts so I'm not so sure, most likely though I'm sure it will be good though just not a 9.0 or above game.
espoac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 espoac

why are you bringing repetition into this now?

call of duty is generic with hot action to keep the player interested in whats going on

Haze hasnt been showing people its going to be the hot action fps gamers like to keep them interested.

i already know you have interesting issues about what is repetative and what isnt, but how does haze not look generic?

GlassDominion

Why am I? I don't know. I'm getting confused. Late night last night...Anyways all I'm saying is that if Haze is generic than so is COD4.

I don't think Haze looks generic because of things like 4player co-op, more objective based multiplayer and game mechanics like "playing dead" and weapon-stealing as well as all the Nectar stuff. None of this may seem incredibly innovative, but, let's face it, that's about original as things get in terms of first person shooters.

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#50 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts

HAZE is THE game to get this holiday season.ScottEFresh

People like you have been victimized by uber-hype all year long. Please be careful; I don't want to see anyone get hurt.