Has your ps3 ever broke??? how long have you had yours?

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aajohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aajohnny
Member since 2007 • 472 Posts
I need help here im trying to decide ps3 or 360 for Christmas and I wanna know how long ps3 lasts? how long have you had yours,has it ever broken?
EdSquareCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 EdSquareCat
Member since 2005 • 236 Posts
Your PS3 is not likely to break. I've had mine since December and I've never had a problem with it, even though I constantly leave it on over night for folding@home.
aajohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aajohnny
Id get the 40gb one is tehre anything wrong with the 40gb?
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 GlassDominion
Member since 2007 • 1313 Posts

2 months 60gb.

mine arrived to me broken. i just never had a pseye to test out my USB ports untill reciently.

right, my USB ports were not working right. they had a hard time detecting my PSEYE

K-E316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 K-E316
Member since 2007 • 1651 Posts
Id get the 40gb one is tehre anything wrong with the 40gb?aajohnny
No. sony said there was nothing wrong with it when some website said the 40gb has 40% failure rate. PS3 breaking? Wtf thats kinda impossible. its a tank.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
no mine has never had any problems had it for almost a year now but either has my 360 and had that for two years so, but the failure rate of a ps3 a couple months ago was less than 1% thats rediculous for any product let alone a game console.
burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 burner0921
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts

The PS3 is a very reliable system. If that is one of your main deciding points then the PS3 wins by a huge margin. If you go to the 360 forum page, there is a sticky for all of the broken consoles there while the PS3's has no such sticky. That's what is holding me back from getting a 360.

ShawDowFX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 ShawDowFX
Member since 2003 • 4696 Posts

11 months.

The cause: Firmware update 2.0 screwed the memory up.

I called sony, they said i have to send my 60gig version so they'll send me a new one.

lrsp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 lrsp
Member since 2005 • 769 Posts
I never had any really serious problems but since the ps3 is so new and developers haven't come to grips with coding games on it don't be surprised if a game freezes during gameplay. Other than that I haven't had any devastating issues.
aajohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aajohnny
so you think i should get a ps3?
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

so you think i should get a ps3?aajohnny

its really your choice do the research read the answers to we gave and decides, if you want a blu ray player that plays games then sure. i dont really like to say YAH GO GET IT RIGHT NOW its all up to you and how you feel about it in the end

elmetfano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 elmetfano
Member since 2006 • 4122 Posts
mines never had a problem, had since feb
burner0921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 burner0921
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
Just look at it like this, get the system that has the games you want the most. I bought mine because it had more of the exclusives that I wanted. If reliability is a huge thing to you, then it might be wise to go with the PS3.
PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Mine has never broke (thankyou Sony)
thageneral3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thageneral3
Member since 2007 • 1929 Posts

READ THIS:

http://www.ps3vault.com/how-to-kill-a-ps3-console-1975

fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 fastrozombies
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts
my 80 gig broke after only having it for a little less then a month, sony took care of it, got myself a brand new 80 gig in return. but beware sonys service is bad, really bad, took over a month to get my new one
ianuilliam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ianuilliam
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts
Had mine since Jan of 07. I've had 0 hardware related problems since then. I have had a few software related freezes, but that's got nothing to do with the hardware. As for the better version, unless you care about Bacwards Compatibility, get a 40 gig. But if you want to be able to play upscaled ps2 games on your ps3, get the 60 or 80, they are the same price, and can be gotten most places with similar bundle deals, although the 60 gig has slightly better BC at the moment.
GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GlassDominion

my 80 gig broke after only having it for a little less then a month, sony took care of it, got myself a brand new 80 gig in return. but beware sonys service is bad, really bad, took over a month to get my new onefastrozombies

NOOOOOOOOOO! i called in yester day to get my coffin for my ps3...ASSASSINS CREED! UNCHARTED! HAZE!

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
ive ad mine for a year and NOOOOOOOO problem.. i had my 360 for a year and i got an RROD and a month later i got the disc read error problem that cost 130 bucks to fix so i sold it to my friend broken for 200 bucks
bokoooos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 bokoooos
Member since 2004 • 63 Posts

Had mine since almost launch time, not a single problem to report. I have both the Ps3 and Xbox 360 and while my 360 has yet to break for having it for 2 years, I feel way more assured my PS3 will not fail.

Face it, the PS3 not only looks better but is built to last IMO.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
40 Gig 3 days no problems
fastrozombies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 fastrozombies
Member since 2006 • 332 Posts

[QUOTE="fastrozombies"]my 80 gig broke after only having it for a little less then a month, sony took care of it, got myself a brand new 80 gig in return. but beware sonys service is bad, really bad, took over a month to get my new oneGlassDominion

NOOOOOOOOOO! i called in yester day to get my coffin for my ps3...ASSASSINS CREED! UNCHARTED! HAZE!

Im sorry to hear about your loss, hah mine got a disk read error the first day I picked up skate. I only got to play it for an hour then I had to wait a month, So aggrivated. But one reason why I think it took so long is because they send you the box ground shipping from Texas, I live in Connnecticut, so long time for ground.  Other wise when you ship it them is 2nd day air, also 2nd day air the way back. That part only takes a week or so
theo_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 theo_1
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts
Got mine on launch and never a problem.
Zell_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zell_Forever
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

I bought a 60gig in august. Had a problem with it, and they said they'd give me a brand new one within 3 weeks. Well tomorrow is 3 weeks, so Im gonna have to call and see whats going on.

Sony's technical support is pure BS, but at least when you take your PS3 into the repair place they most likely give you abrand new one, no matter how trivial the problem is.. and my problem was trivial and could have been fixed easily :P

Compared with XBOX360 where you have to pay for shipping and they will repair it, not replace it, i think it's a good deal to get a PS3.

GlassDominion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GlassDominion
[QUOTE="GlassDominion"]

[QUOTE="fastrozombies"]my 80 gig broke after only having it for a little less then a month, sony took care of it, got myself a brand new 80 gig in return. but beware sonys service is bad, really bad, took over a month to get my new onefastrozombies

Im sorry to hear about your loss, hah mine got a disk read error the first day I picked up skate. I only got to play it for an hour then I had to wait a month, So aggrivated. But one reason why I think it took so long is because they send you the box ground shipping from Texas, I live in Connnecticut, so long time for ground. Other wise when you ship it them is 2nd day air, also 2nd day air the way back. That part only takes a week or so

oh...i live in texas. i pray fr a speedy recovery. damned USB ports dont work right, making my new camera almost worthless.

Red_Nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Red_Nine
Member since 2007 • 123 Posts
If the 360 is so unreliable, then why does it have over twice the worldwide sales as the PS3?
gamer_marrik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 gamer_marrik
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts
I've had mine since the first day it was released..I slept outside bestbuy in a line for it...I've had no problems.
loominator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 loominator
Member since 2005 • 241 Posts

my 80 gig broke after only having it for a little less then a month, sony took care of it, got myself a brand new 80 gig in return. but beware sonys service is bad, really bad, took over a month to get my new onefastrozombies

hehe bad?.. Me and my brother's 360 broke 7 times over a period of 11 months.. it had between 18-27 days delivery (not counting the one where it actually took 40 days nearly, becuase of the shop I bought it in, started saying I was the one ruining it, and not the hardware).. 20-30 days is regular.. since they mostly ship/send it to a factory far away.. from my position my xbox got send to germany (I live in denmark)..

My Ps3 has been running since launch, I've experienced a few crashes, but that was in the warhawk beta, I guess everyone felt that.. Else.. It's been running pretty damn stable :-)..

Zell_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zell_Forever

If the 360 is so unreliable, then why does it have over twice the worldwide sales as the PS3?Red_Nine

A) It was released a year earlier.. *duhh*
B) It breaks so often people have to keep buying X360's again and again and again
C) Who cares about sales, when we are talking about reliability??

Red_Nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Red_Nine

Sales up because of hundreds of replacements? I never thought of that. Wow.

Anyway, my PS3 has never broken, the worst that's happened to it was that it froze up during a session of TESIV: Oblivion. And that's about it. I don't hear much about PS3s that've tanked.

wittbolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wittbolds
Member since 2007 • 503 Posts

In defense of Microsoft, Sony was plagued by problems with the original PSOne and first few versions of the PS2. I had to ship both systems in a number of times to get replaced and each time it took well over a month to recieve them back. What should be noted is that when the PS2 was around, noone complained about all this crap on threads so Microsoft is just getting punched harder because of the expanding internet, [that's how I see it anyhow]. Sony has made the PS3 right, it is difficult to **** up and is a made much better than its predessor, but as Fastrozombies said above, their service is horrible. Microsoft's service is far superior, but they do have quality control issues that they really need to hammer out on the next Xbox.

Red_Nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Red_Nine

I don't know how Microsoft manages to get so much developer support when it's so unreliable. Plus, as is seen in Assassin's Creed, developers are beginning to have problems fitting all the data on a DVD9 when multiplat-ing a game.

And I'd rather have a reliable console with a lower quality customer support than an unreliable console with good customer support.

Zell_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Zell_Forever

I don't know how Microsoft manages to get so much developer support when it's so unreliable. Plus, as is seen in Assassin's Creed, developers are beginning to have problems fitting all the data on a DVD9 when multiplat-ing a game.

And I'd rather have a reliable console with a lower quality customer support than an unreliable console with good customer support.

Red_Nine

Arg, I hope that won't detract from the experience that AC could have been..
Otherwise hopefully they'll utilize the blu-ray disc properly.

It's not like we'll be able to find out though, since lately multiplat games on IGN and gammespot are getting same scores without being compared.

aajohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 aajohnny
So im guessing the ps3 is a tank.
darkjounin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 darkjounin
Member since 2005 • 714 Posts

Red_Nine
The one with the cheapest hardware wins ex:ps2,ps1,wii,gameboy,ds,x360 and well you get my point.
aajohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 aajohnny
so is the ps3 way more reliable then 360?
P-Shug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 P-Shug
Member since 2006 • 210 Posts
im sorry to here that you guys had to wait a month for a replacement when your ps3 broke. when the disk drive in my ps3 wouldn't recognise or eject my dvd i called sony and in 2 days they took it away and replaced it with a new one. maybe its because im from the uk but my experience with sony technical support was almost perfect, they just didnt send back my dvd!
Shaqneel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Shaqneel
Member since 2006 • 1413 Posts
Mine has never broken, and really 99% of all ps3s haven't broken as the ps3 has a less than 1% failure rate. Really it's a very reliable console. I've owned mine since December 06'.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14838 Posts

so is the ps3 way more reliable then 360?aajohnny

A big, yes! Hardware wise anyways.

call_for_blood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 call_for_blood
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts
Had my 20gig since launch worked like a charm. Sold that and got a 60gig, worked like a charm until ver. 2.0. Alot of hiccups, most notable is I can't use the web browser. Sometimes the controller won't turn on the console and it freezes here and there. Oh and sometimes I can't turn off the system from the front, I have to use the back switch to turn it off. And yes I have the news bar turned off.
E-vil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 E-vil
Member since 2006 • 178 Posts
I have had mine since launch and not a single problem :)
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts
had mine since february and no problems.
aajohnny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aajohnny
so is the ps3 worth getting ?
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
I spilled burrito on it and it still works. It's a freakin' warrior, it has a low low probability of breaking.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
so is the ps3 worth getting ?aajohnny
Hell yes.
motherboop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 motherboop
Member since 2007 • 2382 Posts

[QUOTE="fastrozombies"]my 80 gig broke after only having it for a little less then a month, sony took care of it, got myself a brand new 80 gig in return. but beware sonys service is bad, really bad, took over a month to get my new onewittbolds

In defense of Microsoft, Sony was plagued by problems with the original PSOne and first few versions of the PS2. I had to ship both systems in a number of times to get replaced and each time it took well over a month to recieve them back. What should be noted is that when the PS2 was around, noone complained about all this crap on threads so Microsoft is just getting punched harder because of the expanding internet, [that's how I see it anyhow]. Sony has made the PS3 right, it is difficult to **** up and is a made much better than its predessor, but as Fastrozombies said above, their service is horrible. Microsoft's service is far superior, but they do have quality control issues that they really need to hammer out on the next Xbox.

Hey, Xbox has been around for 2 years and they can't seem to get it straight. The original PS2 had bad reliability rates for the first few months, and thats it. 360 has a small fraction of units on the market compared to the PS2, and still the system has a 33% chance of breaking down. Compared to PS2, They just aren't made good.

Koga_316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Koga_316
Member since 2006 • 180 Posts

I need help here im trying to decide ps3 or 360 for Christmas and I wanna know how long ps3 lasts? how long have you had yours,has it ever broken?aajohnny

I got mine on launch and broke a month after that.....

rebought one (returned the broken one obviously) in aug this year and its working fine

trust me,buy a warranty

JoKker69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JoKker69
Member since 2006 • 385 Posts
ive had mine for 5 months and no problem yet.i have an 80gig
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts
there is a small chance that it could have a manufacturing error, but there are no design flaws in the ps3 (minus one that i dont know that much about) your ps3 shouldnt break at all, i would say go with the ps3, the 360 does have a good game library right now but in the future its lacking big titles which the ps3 is not in 2008
OrangeCrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 OrangeCrown
Member since 2007 • 167 Posts
I've had mine for about three months now, play it regularly, and have never had a single problem.