Hands on with the PS4 today....few thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

ok guys went to the sony store about ten minutes from me to mess around with the ps4....probably spent 30 minutes in there wit my girlfriend playing knack fifa and octodad

(THE NEGATIVE PART OF THIS HANDS ON IS THEY PLAYED THE PS4 ON A 4K TV.....JAGGIES...JAGGIES EVERYWHERE)

these werent the latest versions of games..knack looked pretty ok but not like the latest build..fifa looked pretty damn good tho...octodad was weird yet entertaining....there was no drive club or KZ which is what i was expecting

now some of the high lights were the UI.....switching to it mid game was smooth and effortless...everything seemed to be hardware accelerated and crips...no lag at all.....

the system wasnt a real ps4 just an empty one with the devkit in a cabinet below(couldnt get pics sorry guys)

the best part tho was the controller...like at comicon when i got my hands on it...the controller is just perfect....it was as if the 360 controller and DS3 had a baby and that is what is in ur hands...

triggers were smooth....thumb sticks felt right for ones with no sliding off....touch pad i didnt get to really use... the light on the back isnt that bright...the grip on the back tho makes all the difference from the DS3. its a night and day controller compared to the DS3....doesnt feel like a cheap toy anymore

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 stereointegrity

and click on the pictures for better look...idk why this website has blown them up like that

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 stereointegrity

yes there is for fifa....frame rate is more stable and the lighting(it was a night game...but u kno what an arena looks like at night) was perfect for it...animations also have cleaned up substantially from ps3

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

Wonder if that FIFA you played was the same build at ComicCon (Australia) back in July or if they updated it

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By stereointegrity

@GTR12: idk because i didnt get to play it at comicon this year...i dont even remember it being there

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I live in Richmond va and the closes Sony is in DC. So I have to wait for a few weeks to play ps4 at best buy or gamestop. I hate this raggedy city and moved here for a job over a yr ago. I go to DC any chance I get. I loved the west coast in the Phoenix area fountain hills but originally from Orlando fl.

So why jagged edges on 4k tv? As far as details on players is it significant more polys on bodies of players compared to fifa ps3? Do u see far more polys on crowd etc?

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 5

#9 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

PS4 and the new controller look amazing. The style is way better than PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbone One.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Not sure about the others, but Fifa runs at 1080p. Were the jaggies annoying on that game?

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Im glad fifa is looking good. I held out on buying it on ps3 and going to get it day 1 for ps4.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Thanks for the impressions.

Me, I wouldn't play the PS4 or any console if I came across it. I want the launch day to be a brand new experience for me. Playing it beforehand would take away a bit of the excitement of getting it at launch.

That said, is it 11/15 yet?!?!?

dipdish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#13 dipdish
Member since 2008 • 876 Posts

@marcheegsr: Same here.

Alcomo519

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Alcomo519
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Looks awesome! Too bad their was no KZ to try out!

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stereointegrity

@ewalthour: the ammount of pixels doesnt fully match.....it would have been better to show it on a 1080p television to match it pixel for pixel.....

and the crowd detail is finally what we were promised it to be back on the ps3/360...everyone was an actual model and not a 2d moving sprite

stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stereointegrity

@nyc05 said:

Me, I wouldn't play the PS4 or any console if I came across it. I want the launch day to be a brand new experience for me. Playing it beforehand would take away a bit of the excitement of getting it at launch.

the one and only reason i had to get a hands on again was for the controller..i had such a short time with it at comicon to do anything...

this time i actually sat there used it for a good ammount of time to see how i liked the feel and it is hands down the best controller ive held since the gamecube(gamecube button lay out was shit but the way it sat in the hands was perfect)

im gonna go back sometime this weekend to take video of the games and ask to see the devkit for it..will get fifa footage

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

@stereointegrity: thanks for answering questions

So we shouldn't see jagged edges on hd tv. I just saw the trailer to nba 2k 14 and hope madden looks half as good on ps4

BreadNMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BreadNMilk
Member since 2013 • 37 Posts

My brother in law moved to Canada to work for EA there. He says the PS4 runs amazing. I don't know what TC saw, but I doubt it's anything to worry about. TC is right about the controller, John says it's the best controller Sony has ever made.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Sounds good. I'm not expecting to be as wowed as I was last gen, but it's looking great so far and I look forward to eventually getting it.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

@stereointegrity said:

@GTR12: idk because i didnt get to play it at comicon this year...i dont even remember it being there

That wasn't question ;) and I said ComiCon AUSTRALIA for a reason.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#21 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

so the controller felt good?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#22 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@nyc05:

@nyc05 said:

Agreed

CoUGHB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CoUGHB
Member since 2013 • 30 Posts

Thanks for sharing :) It's nice that you had good impressions.