GT5 Demo thoughts...

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

i thought it was the exact same as the prologue, same menus, options, graphics...though maybe better physics.

Only difference i noticed was this time you could listen to the in-game music whilst you drive.

otherwise the demo was good, but below my expectations.

expected better graphics in some departments though

Avatar image for Javieralijandro
Javieralijandro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Javieralijandro
Member since 2009 • 2667 Posts

Lame

Graphix over hyed

Rendered photos

andThe track i played was lame, i want to race in italy, france, country side.

I dont want to full judge it, but what i played was average.

fbidog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 fbidog
Member since 2005 • 413 Posts

Yeah It's not good as I expected...I found Forza 3 better now...i'm disapointed

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

Yeh its alright Ideffo want to play the full game!

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

For a 200MB Demo it kicks butt. I'll agree it's not much a leap graphically from Prologue but it does look better than any racing game I have played on a console. The handling with the driving force GT is spot on IMO. The only way to truely play GT. I'll also note that when Forza 2's demo came out I was really disappointed then the full game delivered all my expectations. I'm saying GT 5 is a day 1 buy for me and cannot wait.

grizzlybear1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 grizzlybear1
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

I think the graphics are better in grid tbh but i prefer the handling in gt5 its awesome when you can nail a few corners and the sense of speed is great!

I dont think it will be as good as forza though i played the first a lot and that was awesome great handling customization and graphics and from what ive hear and played the sequals improve on all these areas.

But stil il definatley be checking out GT5!!

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I thought the car and cockpit graphics were leaps and bounds ahead of prologue.

But the environments are still the same. Kinda lame track graphics

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

They basically made it to show the improved physics, which it is.

Why would you expect their amazing graphics on a 200 MB demo? :lol:

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

Lame

Graphix over hyed

Rendered photos

andThe track i played was lame, i want to race in italy, france, country side.

I dont want to full judge it, but what i played was average.

Javieralijandro

Lame how so?

They made the demo to show the improved physics. Besides, it was a 200 MB download..

That track you played was the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, which is a very well know track

This game is supposed to feature authentic tracks, not rendered ones. I'm sure by the time the real game comes out, they will have those style of tracks, but thats not the games main purpose.

vpacalypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vpacalypse
Member since 2005 • 589 Posts

why did they only release a 200 mb download!! :@

ofcourse i want to see graphical capabilities of the game in addition to the physics

and two cars atleast to try out.

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bizzy420
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
hahaha people are complaining about a 200mb DEMO?? 200mb DEMO!!??
Patriot298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Patriot298
Member since 2006 • 1187 Posts

I can't find the demo.

Avatar image for -ArchAngeL-777-
-ArchAngeL-777-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 -ArchAngeL-777-
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I think the whole point of this is to show off new physics, not necessarily graphics. This is for that Indy 500 contest.
zkeymon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 zkeymon
Member since 2009 • 413 Posts

ok so the graphics are ok the sky and car look really good haha but the grass and sand um no and as for the gameplay i understand everybody is wanting the realistic driving experience but i'm pretty sure that a tuned up 370Z will not go 8 mph trying to get out of the sand or grass sounding like its bogged down that thing should be slinging dirt spinning the tires and revved up to get out haha and it seems like i slow down to 35 so go around the S curve and i just slide all the way to the wall (no friction??) and bounce off and spin around lol seriously i'm doin 35 mph not 75 so idk maybe i just suck at the game my best lap time was like 2 min lol this game may be for some but not for me right now i'll try it again later and maybe i'll be better at it haha remember this is my opinion of the game not trying to generalize anything

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

i'm pretty sure that a tuned up 370Z will not go 8 mph trying to get out of the sand or grass sounding like its bogged down that thing should be slinging dirt spinning the tires and revved up to get out haha azkeymon

I've never been able to figure that out about the GT games either. You go off the track, floor it, and the car just slowly drives out of the sand/grass. The thing should be doing 10,000 rpm and spitting grass and dirt into a big rooster tail.

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts

ok so the graphics are ok the sky and car look really good haha but the grass and sand um no and as for the gameplay i understand everybody is wanting the realistic driving experience but i'm pretty sure that a tuned up 370Z will not go 8 mph trying to get out of the sand or grass sounding like its bogged down that thing should be slinging dirt spinning the tires and revved up to get out haha and it seems like i slow down to 35 so go around the S curve and i just slide all the way to the wall (no friction??) and bounce off and spin around lol seriously i'm doin 35 mph not 75 so idk maybe i just suck at the game my best lap time was like 2 min lol this game may be for some but not for me right now i'll try it again later and maybe i'll be better at it haha remember this is my opinion of the game not trying to generalize anything

zkeymon
I agree with everything you said, but please use some punctuation next time. =P
zkeymon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 zkeymon
Member since 2009 • 413 Posts

[QUOTE="zkeymon"]

dk00111

I agree with everything you said, but please use some punctuation next time. =P

haha my bad dude on christmas break i'm taking a break from being grammatically correct lol

360hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 360hammer
Member since 2009 • 2596 Posts

[QUOTE="zkeymon"]i'm pretty sure that a tuned up 370Z will not go 8 mph trying to get out of the sand or grass sounding like its bogged down that thing should be slinging dirt spinning the tires and revved up to get out haha aJackc8

I've never been able to figure that out about the GT games either. You go off the track, floor it, and the car just slowly drives out of the sand/grass. The thing should be doing 10,000 rpm and spitting grass and dirt into a big rooster tail.

1. to prevent people from off roading and getting back on track only to pull out infront of the people who actually used their brakes for the corner.

2. Flooring it is not exactly the best option.

rawr_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 rawr_xd
Member since 2009 • 790 Posts

Very highly disappointed with it. I was excited to own both Forza 3 and GT5 and love them equally, but Forza 3 is 100x better based on the demo. Forza has better graphics, physics, customization, menus, better tracks, more cars, an auction system, an aweosme online service... as much as I hate to say this... Forza 3 blows GT5 away.

rawr_xd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rawr_xd
Member since 2009 • 790 Posts

I also wanted to say a little more about the graphics... every other PS3 exclusive blows the Xbox 360's exclusives away in terms of graphics, but GT5 is inferior to Forza 3. I can't believe how much I am letdown by GT5.

Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Still cant do a burnout or donuts but this obviously was just meant to remind us of GT5 more than anything. The physics are a little better but i dont think they felt quite real with the handling and as another said when in the grass and sand it didnt make much sense that you couldnt go above like 8mph or do anything. Atleast i could do a little drifting around the corners which is alot better than the past games have done.
iamshivy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 iamshivy
Member since 2007 • 3565 Posts

thought the prologu demo was better

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Graphics look pretty great to me. One thing to remember for people who aren't familiar with it, Indy raceway is a VERY bland looking circuit. So it makes sense that it looks pretty bland in the game. Also try going to a higher contrast setting on your TV, it makes it look more impressive

Gameplay is great, and alot more realistic (and unforgiving) than GT4. I never played prologue.

Where is everyone ranked so far? I'm 236. 8)

dk00111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dk00111
Member since 2007 • 3123 Posts
TBH, if this is a true representation of GT5, GT5 will not only be the biggest flop of 2010, but also of this gen. I was really looking forward to getting this game, but now idk..
Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts

I also wanted to say a little more about the graphics... every other PS3 exclusive blows the Xbox 360's exclusives away in terms of graphics, but GT5 is inferior to Forza 3. I can't believe how much I am letdown by GT5.

rawr_xd

It's a goddamn demo for Christ's sake.

In fact, it may not even be considered that. So, hold your horses.

bluem00se

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bluem00se
Member since 2005 • 2185 Posts

ofcourse i want to see graphical capabilities of the game in addition to the physics

vpacalypse
Seriously. One of GT's biggest selling points has always been its graphics.
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

It is the same demo from E3 isnt it??
I still gottah download it tonight.

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts
[QUOTE="VanHelsingBoA64"]

[QUOTE="rawr_xd"]

It's a goddamn demo for Christ's sake.

In fact, it may not even be considered that. So, hold your horses.

Yeah i reckon they'll make another demo closer to release, and this is too far from release to really influence my opinion much.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
Well it's obviously not nearly the complete product as they don't have any damage at all in the demo. This is just the proverbial bone they toss out every once in a while to keep people interested.
Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

vpacalypse

Because its not actually a demo. It's in the disclaimer, and was on the PS Blog, and gran-turimo.com

This is just the TT challenge, which is why its focus is on physics. I would have prefered this to be private for Prologue owners. We would avoid uninformed commentaries. The game has less effects than Prologue, but I guess that casual folks are not looking for that.

Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

I like Forza 3 better for now. I will still be buying this though.

barn_acles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 barn_acles
Member since 2009 • 109 Posts

Yeah everyone who posted here about GT5 needs to remember what many have said. This is a 200mb download. This is one track. The graphics were not as good as prologue, and you have my word they are not downgrading from their previous installment... the menus are different. Upped to look a little more fancy. All in all, a good demo, but you also have to remember this does no justice for what the game is going to include.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

4 years in the making.............................should be better

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#35 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
Underwhelming. I realize it's meant to be more of a leaderboard-based time trial than anything, but even then it falls short. The menu itself is clunky, the time uploading process is painfully slow and navigating the leaderboards reminds me more of 2000-era games than anything else as you can't even compare yourself to friends, just scroll manually through a ton of meaningless PSN tags. The handling is nice for the most part, I will give the game that. I'd imagine it's even better with a wheel, as with a controller the game feels a bit awkward (kind of like Race 07 on the PC). With a controller the turning is a bit too twitchy and - as always - the triggers are awful. There's very little physical feedback to give you a sense of locking up the wheels under braking or losing traction when accelerating, and for some reason Polyphony still has the same ears-on-a-chalkboard tire squeals that were in the first Gran Turismo game, every time the tires slide the tiniest bit on pavement. It's grating. And finally, the track is both boring to drive and boring to look at. Gran Turismo has always been a graphical showcase, which this is not, and giving such an uninteresting track does no favours to show off their new physics system. I also have no idea what they did to the replays, but they look less real than GT5Ps - the tires visibly twitch, where GT5P smoothed them out, and the camera moves are just...ugh. Like Forza 3's demo, I don't think they did the full game any favours.
Avatar image for xX0mnislasherXx
xX0mnislasherXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xX0mnislasherXx
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I didn't really enjoy it. I thought there was supposed to be crash damage, I was kinda turned off that there wasn't. The crowd was 2D and the scenery just looked plain. But I guess you can't judge too much with a 200MB demo. |:
SnakeLMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SnakeLMR
Member since 2006 • 640 Posts

Demo was okay considering it was only 200mb. I expext them to release another demo with damages and closer to the finished product before the game comes out.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#38 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
They should have made it a 400MB demo if it meant the track looking better and giving people the option to turn on driving aids if they so choose (but still restricting time uploads to people keeping the default arrangement). I know they keep saying it's not a demo, but people are still going to download it thinking that it is and they're doing themselves no favours with what they've released.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#39 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Graphically I don't think this is what we will see in the final version. It really looks like a high res PS2 game. Need For Speed Shift is vastly superior visually. They made great pains to emphasize this was a demo to show off the new physics engine. I bet the final release gets a significant graphical upgrade. At least I hope.
tidusjeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tidusjeff
Member since 2003 • 713 Posts
It's what I excepted from a time trial type of thing. Fun for 8 minutes boring after. I expect that won't be the case for the final version.
exzt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 exzt
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I can't find the demo.
bediger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 bediger
I have to say that I really didn't enjoy the demo. I've liked every other GT, but this just feels horrid!
SageJMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SageJMP
Member since 2004 • 4210 Posts

It's a contest, not a demo. Us serious guys will be spending countless laps for the next month attempting the perfect lap.

Up to 4th for the normal car myself.

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

Lol guys, have some faith in PD. Sony and all its 1st party developer have been pumping a lot of great exclusive, why doubt them?

F3ckB9LL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 F3ckB9LL
I love teh demo of GT5 academy , but I dont have much time to play and make a good pb, anyway, Im still waiting for the full version :) Hope there will be a space in home :p
jerkface96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 jerkface96
Member since 2005 • 9189 Posts

its obvious the game isnt complete, theres no damage models, and the graphics are ok, and there arent even tire skids when ytou skid out so yea, idont know its ok right now

goaliegeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 goaliegeek
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
I think it's similar. the track looks a little funky though
CZVA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CZVA
Member since 2009 • 1166 Posts

Very highly disappointed with it. I was excited to own both Forza 3 and GT5 and love them equally, but Forza 3 is 100x better based on the demo. Forza has better graphics, physics, customization, menus, better tracks, more cars, an auction system, an aweosme online service... as much as I hate to say this... Forza 3 blows GT5 away.

rawr_xd

Try again.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#49 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17906 Posts

Honestly, this demo was garbage. I don't care if the demo is only 200 MB. It is a horrible representation of the GT franchise. The physics, controls, and camera are all messed up. This game is almost unplayable in the behind the car view with the controller. I am too lazy to hook up my DFP wheel right now, so my impressions are stictly based off of the DS3. GT5 Prologue is much better all around, but still doesn't compete with Forza 3. I have bought every GT game that has come out on the release date, but I will be renting this game before a purchase. I just don't have faith in Polyphony Digital anymore.

Also, why is it taking so long to make this game? Turn 10 has pumped out 2 superior games during the development of GT5. Turn 10 hasn't been around nearly as long either. It is pretty sad.

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

I like the physics...and graphics don't mean too much to me as I haven't made the HD leap yet.