God Of War 3...yay or nay?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ExLeEisDone
Member since 2009 • 98 Posts

im a big God Of War fan and i love a good hack and slash with a good story line behind it, even though alot of people may not say or even see it in GOW series i love the story they stuck in there, seeing kratos as such a bad ass but seeing hes past also the mix of historical mythical creatures and Gods into the game is freaken crazy, i wanna know peoples opinions on GOW 3 what you think itll be like and also if you think its gonna be good or bad, why?, reason im asking is because i had one friend saying that MW 2 was gonna be a big fail to everyone who was hoping for it, but i mean seeing everything about it on this forum and all the hype, and after playing it myself i dont wanna take hes crap advice again, so please post your opinions on GOW 3 here and tell me what you think it will be like..thanks :D

smithster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 smithster118
Member since 2008 • 3910 Posts

Yay! I've been pumped for it forever. March can't come soon enough.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
They could do just about anything with God of War 3 and I'll be happy. Though, I am really hoping that you (Kratos) will get to kill all the gods in this game. Based on the end of 2, the demo for 3, and this being the last game, it looks like that's going to happen.
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Good, but same-y, so I'm looking at lots of critics complaining about that.
ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ExLeEisDone

They could do just about anything with God of War 3 and I'll be happy. Though, I am really hoping that you (Kratos) will get to kill all the gods in this game. Based on the end of 2, the demo for 3, and this being the last game, it looks like that's going to happen.xmitchconnorx

i did not know there was a demo? is it on the psn? cause ive been through the demos plenty of times and never saw it, please i wanna get some sort of GOW experience before it comes out >.

ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ExLeEisDone

NEWS! for you guys and possible ladies who still love the forst two GoW's but dont have them on ps2 or dont have a ps2 to play them on, great news they have already remade and remastered the first two on a single blu ray disc ive seen prices on ebay (only way for people in australia to get this version, its only been released in two countries and also they are planning to release it in europe or alrady have), the proces on ebay a freaken chep, ive only seen a max 50 or so bucks including postage, so yes if your interested go onto e bay or for you lucky guys who live in the released countires, go out and buy it and let me be envious of you!

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"]They could do just about anything with God of War 3 and I'll be happy. Though, I am really hoping that you (Kratos) will get to kill all the gods in this game. Based on the end of 2, the demo for 3, and this being the last game, it looks like that's going to happen.ExLeEisDone

i did not know there was a demo? is it on the psn? cause ive been through the demos plenty of times and never saw it, please i wanna get some sort of GOW experience before it comes out >.

E3 demo is on psn, IF you have: 1) pre-ordered GoW3 2) pruchased GoW collection 3) purchased District 9 blu-ray 4) one of those few European users (or have European account) randomly selected to receive the psn code for the demo otherwise, it's not open to public yet
ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ExLeEisDone

[QUOTE="ExLeEisDone"]

[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"]They could do just about anything with God of War 3 and I'll be happy. Though, I am really hoping that you (Kratos) will get to kill all the gods in this game. Based on the end of 2, the demo for 3, and this being the last game, it looks like that's going to happen.funsohng

E3 demo is on psn, IF you have: 1) pre-ordered GoW3 2) pruchased GoW collection 3) purchased District 9 blu-ray 4) one of those few European users (or have European account) randomly selected to receive the psn code for the demo otherwise, it's not open to public yet

oh ok, so the demo should be on GoW collection disc? because im hoping to buy that in the next day or two.

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts

Yay! I've already got my Ultimate Edition preordered but it couldn't come out at a worse time. Supposedly its coming in March, but FFXIII is coming in March and I'm not playing any other games while I play that so hopefully it comes late late March or April so I have time to finish FF before it comes out.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts
judging from the Demo....Its going to be epic imo. I really liked the Icarus wings dodging mini game. :P
funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
[QUOTE="ExLeEisDone"]

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="ExLeEisDone"]

oh ok, so the demo should be on GoW collection disc? because im hoping to buy that in the next day or two.

not on the disc, but you get the code for dling on psn not sure if they give it out to everyone or day-1 buys or just pre-orders. you will have to check.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
God of war 3 demo was good, but underwhelming especially with the graphics. I expect better in the final product.
sp120k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sp120k
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Considering God of War 3 will be the final installment in the series, I'm willing to entertain the idea they may have us kill the Gods. I'm expecting nothing but the most brutal, fast-paced, beat-em-up action we've become used to with these games. I can't believe I completely forgot I had a code for the E3 Demo of God of War 3, in my God of War Collection disc case. Now to go see about that!
Bladex2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bladex2k
Member since 2003 • 2755 Posts

OH YEA only series where i own all the games and all are awesome cant wait for 3

rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
i want it for sure. and on a side note it's "yea" not yay :)
yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I think it will be good, but I think Bayonetta will be even better.

Eazy1891

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Eazy1891
Member since 2009 • 3089 Posts

Eazy from Jerz says Yay

Avatar image for carving_a_giant
carving_a_giant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 carving_a_giant
Member since 2007 • 1516 Posts

yokofox33

Nah, i don't think anything in bayonetta will be able to compete with the final battle between Kratos and Zues. I'm sure Sony Santa Monica will make that an epic battle for the ages

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Texas2089

yokofox33
I think so too but most people can't even comprehend that anything could be better than GoW, even though they've never even given Bayonetta a chance.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 verbalfilth
[QUOTE="yokofox33"]

Texas2089
I think so too but most people can't even comprehend that anything could be better than GoW, even though they've never even given Bayonetta a chance.

or people have different tastes... anyways, I never really liked Beyonetta from the trailers they showed...but since people are playing the demo and shouting hallelujah, I've decided to check it out and see if I'll join the choir....currently at 88%
rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="yokofox33"]

verbalfilth

or people have different tastes... anyways, I never really liked Beyonetta from the trailers they showed...but since people are playing the demo and shouting hallelujah, I've decided to check it out and see if I'll join the choir....currently at 88%

the thing about bayonetta that turns me off is (and i know this sounds really, really stupid) the fact she's... stupid looking. The glasses would be fine, but her hairthing and clothing... seems like they could've done better character design. Maybe I just have to see it in action, i'll go get the demo right now before i say any more.
VD_Demon-101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VD_Demon-101
Member since 2005 • 3186 Posts

Demo is sweet it's the same old GOW but with a big upgrade in visuals :)

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Texas2089
[QUOTE="rikguenther"][QUOTE="verbalfilth"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] I think so too but most people can't even comprehend that anything could be better than GoW, even though they've never even given Bayonetta a chance.

the thing about bayonetta that turns me off is (and i know this sounds really, really stupid) the fact she's... stupid looking. The glasses would be fine, but her hairthing and clothing... seems like they could've done better character design. Maybe I just have to see it in action, i'll go get the demo right now before i say any more.

Yes the old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover" applies to Bayonetta very much. A lot of people are dismissing it for similar reasons without even trying it. Glad both of you are at least giving it a try though.
Avatar image for The_Pig_Hostage
The_Pig_Hostage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Pig_Hostage
Member since 2007 • 3702 Posts
[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="rikguenther"][QUOTE="verbalfilth"] or people have different tastes... anyways, I never really liked Beyonetta from the trailers they showed...but since people are playing the demo and shouting hallelujah, I've decided to check it out and see if I'll join the choir....currently at 88%

Yes the old saying, "Don't judge a book by its cover" applies to Bayonetta very much. A lot of people are dismissing it for similar reasons without even trying it. Glad both of you are at least giving it a try though.

I tried it several times, and I still don't like it very much. The whole style is too anime and over-the-top for me. I also find the combat a little too chaotic to follow (though I'm starting to get the hang of it after a few playthroughs). It's all a matter of taste.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 rogelio22
Member since 2006 • 2477 Posts

bayonetta demo has nothing on GOW 3 demo!!! the gameplay on the gow3 demo is so refined

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Texas2089

bayonetta demo has nothing on GOW 3 demo!!! the gameplay on the gow3 demo is so refined

rogelio22
God of War is refined? God of War is a button masher. I love it and its brutal and fun as hell to play, but the gameplay has nothing games like DMC or Bayonetta. They have much more stylized combat which forces you to preform stylish combos to get good at the game. Sure you could just mash buttons and get through it, but to truly be good at the game you be able to play with style. The gameplay just feels much more fluid and "refined" than any other action games I've ever played.
ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ExLeEisDone

[QUOTE="verbalfilth"][QUOTE="Texas2089"] I think so too but most people can't even comprehend that anything could be better than GoW, even though they've never even given Bayonetta a chance.rikguenther

i agree bayonetta could be good, i mean i also agree with different taste and stuff, which is true, so not knocking back people or anything on there choices, and ill first have to give it a try before i say too much about it, but my mate showed me the trailer, and i know the fact about her clothes and hair look preety annoying, ill try the gameplay and fighting style and possibly the story line, because i love DMC so i will give it a try!

ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ExLeEisDone

[QUOTE="rogelio22"]

Texas2089

God of War is refined? God of War is a button masher. I love it and its brutal and fun as hell to play, but the gameplay has nothing games like DMC or Bayonetta. They have much more stylized combat which forces you to preform stylish combos to get good at the game. Sure you could just mash buttons and get through it, but to truly be good at the game you be able to play with style. The gameplay just feels much more fluid and "refined" than any other action games I've ever played.

agreed about the style of gaming and yes its a button masher, but what drew me in was the story line i havnt found much more unique about killing a God kratos style!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
hell yes
j5r9s2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#34 j5r9s2
Member since 2008 • 998 Posts
hell yes CTR360
deff yes, what kind of question is this, should of put a poll on it
ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ExLeEisDone

[QUOTE="CTR360"]hell yes j5r9s2
deff yes, what kind of question is this, should of put a poll on it

lol i dont know how to do that since im new to this site

j5r9s2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#36 j5r9s2
Member since 2008 • 998 Posts
[QUOTE="ExLeEisDone"]

[QUOTE="Texas2089"][QUOTE="rogelio22"]

agreed about the style of gaming and yes its a button masher, but what drew me in was the story line i havnt found much more unique about killing a God kratos style!

dont agree, it may be a button masher but if you get the combos down you can play on a diff lvl, the god lvl requires skill not just mashing. you would never get through it.
ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ExLeEisDone

[QUOTE="ExLeEisDone"]

[QUOTE="Texas2089"] God of War is refined? God of War is a button masher. I love it and its brutal and fun as hell to play, but the gameplay has nothing games like DMC or Bayonetta. They have much more stylized combat which forces you to preform stylish combos to get good at the game. Sure you could just mash buttons and get through it, but to truly be good at the game you be able to play with style. The gameplay just feels much more fluid and "refined" than any other action games I've ever played.j5r9s2

dont agree, it may be a button masher but if you get the combos down you can play on a diff lvl, the god lvl requires skill not just mashing. you would never get through it.

Amen to that

mariomanxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#39 mariomanxxx
Member since 2008 • 328 Posts

Big yay! I cant wait for it.

samuraiguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 samuraiguns
Member since 2005 • 11588 Posts

I loved the Demo and the story...sooo.

YAY!

hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Looking like its gonna be a legend to me.

ExLeEisDone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ExLeEisDone

GoW trilogy should be one of the best releases yet for the ps3 yay (forgot to put my proper input) anyway i dont care what people say in my books its gonna kick beyonettas ass so hard she wont even be able to see her long as pony tail afterwards!

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Texas2089
[QUOTE="ExLeEisDone"]

[QUOTE="Texas2089"] God of War is refined? God of War is a button masher. I love it and its brutal and fun as hell to play, but the gameplay has nothing games like DMC or Bayonetta. They have much more stylized combat which forces you to preform stylish combos to get good at the game. Sure you could just mash buttons and get through it, but to truly be good at the game you be able to play with style. The gameplay just feels much more fluid and "refined" than any other action games I've ever played.j5r9s2

I'm not saying you don't have to be able to pull off combos to beat GoW on harder difficulties and that it doesn't require skill. I'm just saying Bayonetta is all about style. You need to pull off stylish combos to get more points so to truly get good even at easier difficulties you need to be able to do that with style. There's nothing keeping score for you in GoW so you really don't need to do anything other than mash buttons and throw in the occasional combo on the easier difficulties, and on harder difficulties just use more combos. Its a different style of gameplay. God of War is all about brutal combos, Bayonetta is about stylish combos. And yes I will agree that GoW has a pretty unique story. I don't know enough about the Bayonetta story to make a comparison but GoW does have a great story.
verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 verbalfilth
So I played the Bayonetta demo. Its good, easy fun but I don't think its worth the praise some people are giving it... Ninja Gaiden still remains the best action adventure game imo. >.> But I'll reserve full condemnation until the game actually releases in the states.
rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rogelio22

[QUOTE="rogelio22"]

Texas2089

sure you can get away with button mashing on normal diffulcties but on the hardest difficulties you really have to take your time and plan your moves and gow3 felt more natural on gameplay. bayonetta now felt like a big time button masher btw i played demo on xbox (the one with the better framrate) and it still sucked compared to gow3 demo!!! and sure DMCs gameplay is a tad better than gow3 and so is ninja gaidens but their stories are awfull and turn me off from the games completely

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Texas2089

So I played the Bayonetta demo. Its good, easy fun but I don't think its worth the praise some people are giving it...verbalfilth

If you find it easy you're not playing it right. Just getting through the demo is fairly easy but to get good at the game is not so easy. Try going for all Platinum medals and see if you still think its easy.

sure you can get away with button mashing on normal diffulcties but on the hardest difficulties you really have to take your time and plan your moves and gow3 felt more natural on gameplay. bayonetta now felt like a big time button masher btw i played demo on xbox (the one with the better framrate) and it still sucked compared to gow3 demo!!! and sure DMCs gameplay is a tad better than gow3 and so is ninja gaidens but their stories are awfull and turn me off from the games completelyrogelio22

DMC and Bayonetta have very similar gameplay so how can you say DMC is better than GoW, and not say Bayonetta is? Read my post 2 up and you'll get a better idea of what I was talking about and why I think Bayonetta is more "refined" than GoW.

newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

GoW is one of the reasons i love playstation. and to those saying that dmc is more stylized and has a better fighting engine, youre nuts! you can go thru dmc just firing your guns the entire time on those repetitive levels and enemies. you honestly dont have to do a single combo to finish that game. yes, thats what makes it fun. try playing the challenge of the gods/titans to see where articulate combos come into play in the gow series. you wont make it far just slappin at the buttons.

rogelio22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 rogelio22

[QUOTE="verbalfilth"]So I played the Bayonetta demo. Its good, easy fun but I don't think its worth the praise some people are giving it...Texas2089

If you find it easy you're not playing it right. Just getting through the demo is fairly easy but to get good at the game is not so easy. Try going for all Platinum medals and see if you still think its easy.

sure you can get away with button mashing on normal diffulcties but on the hardest difficulties you really have to take your time and plan your moves and gow3 felt more natural on gameplay. bayonetta now felt like a big time button masher btw i played demo on xbox (the one with the better framrate) and it still sucked compared to gow3 demo!!! and sure DMCs gameplay is a tad better than gow3 and so is ninja gaidens but their stories are awfull and turn me off from the games completelyrogelio22

DMC and Bayonetta have very similar gameplay so how can you say DMC is better than GoW, and not say Bayonetta is? Read my post 2 up and you'll get a better idea of what I was talking about and why I think Bayonetta is more "refined" than GoW.

still felt like i was button mashing on bayonetta but really didnt take my time with because the game just felt dumb for some reason but ill give it another try later on today to see if it does have good gameplay
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
Many games that I'm far more interested in, Including Bayonetta, but I will end up renting God of War 3 just to see the end of the trilogy. I really hate Kratos though, and so far I've found the story to be pretty average. Just a cliche revenge tale injected into greek mythology.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Texas2089

GoW is one of the reasons i love playstation. and to those saying that dmc is more stylized and has a better fighting engine, youre nuts! you can go thru dmc just firing your guns the entire time on those repetitive levels and enemies. you honestly dont have to do a single combo to finish that game. yes, thats what makes it fun. try playing the challenge of the gods/titans to see where articulate combos come into play in the gow series. you wont make it far just slappin at the buttons.

newhighscore
You don't have to do a single combo to finish GoW either. DMC and Bayonetta both require you to actually perform combos to get good scores. So yes you can just go through the game and beat without doing that, but to really get good you need to be able to do these combos with style to get more points and better scores. If you can go through and get an S rank on all the missions in DMC or get all Platinum medals in Bayonetta just firing your guns, I crown you king of all action games.