Getting Tekken 6?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts

http://en.w??ikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_6

Content and new features

Katsuhiro Harada, director of Tekken 6, has stated the game will retain all of the elements from Tekken 5 and Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection that were well-received by fans. He also said that the stages will be bigger and will have more interactivity and the character customization feature will be more involved with gameplay.[4]

• Every frame animation for every character has been changed.
  • Some stages are multi-tiered (Cemetery, Fallen Colony) with new stage features and daylight/night-time transitions (Temple Grounds) depending on the stage.
  • The game will have an online versus multiplayer mode.[5]
  • The customization system from Tekken 5 returns, with improved options and more items. The player is able to switch tops and bottoms between available character costumes, as well as substitute alternate pieces. There are common options shared by many or all characters including various items like glasses, hats, decorative swords and options for 'bare hands' or 'bare feet'. There are also character-specific items and pieces, as well as special items that unlock "item moves" once equipped.
  • The game adds a new "rage" system, which gives characters more power when their vitality is low. When activated, a red energy field surrounds the character and their health bar starts to flicker red.[6]
  • The game also introduces "item moves", whereby characters use items to attack the opponent. For example, Bryan Fury uses a shotgun.
  • The game introduces a new "bounce" system; after moves that knock the opponent down in juggles, the opponent cannot tech roll. A new bound comes into play, extending juggle possibilities.
  • The game also has an increased health bar compared to the previous games, due to the new features stated above which deplete a lot of health.

Tekken 6: Bloodline Rebellion

New features

This new version will feature two new characters: Alisa Boskonovitch, a cyborg with jet wings and spinning limbs who may be the cybernetically - enhanced daughter of Doctor Boskonovitch; and Lars Alexanderson, an unknown descendant of Heihachi Mishima. [1]. A number of new items and customization options were showcased in the trailer[2]. There will also be all-new CG character art, just as there was a change in art from Tekken 5 to Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection. Upgrade kits will also be available for owners of current Tekken 6 machines.

Getting Tekken 6? :D

UPDATED: Who are you top characters? who are you least favorite characters?

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

do i really have to read all that ? :(

lol and yes i will get it :)... tekken is the only fighting game i like

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Hell yes. I've been waiting a very, very long time for Tekken 6.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts
After some disappointing Beat em Ups I really hope that Tekken 6 will set a new standard and what I've seen so far make this very possible :D
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
nah, i'm done with tekken. moreover, i think i'm done with the genre.
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
Hell yes. I've been waiting a very, very long time for Tekken 6.Floppy_Jim
Me too, this is one of the few mulitformat ill definitly be getting on the PS3. the 360's dpad is naff and Tekken is meant to be played on a dpad! :D
da_iceman017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 da_iceman017
Member since 2008 • 120 Posts
I myself will not be purchasing any game made by Namco, Square Enix, Valve and any other publisher that jumps ship. After Namco and Square have gained popularity on the playstation brand consels since playstation is getting constantly attacked about various things now they decide to jump ship and develop for other consels(xbox 360) which inturn doesn't allow for full use of our hardware and basically a limited game(9 gigs). Instead of going the route of Konami whom I greatly respect for focusing on using the ps3 hardware and making MGS4 ( the best game ever to be released since tetris) exclusive while under pressure to make a port they instead say they want to bring their game to a bigger audience as a ploy to make more money instead of being loyal which makes since as a business decision but also alienates many gamers who want more of a game than what was previously made but cant because of limiting factors(xbox 360). Valve o valve I wanted to love the orange box but it was a crap port done by EA because Valve refused to do it and that shoows me as a ps3 owner that they dont care so why give them my money even if that means passing up on a good game. Long winded story short NO I will NOT buy Tekken 6 even though I owned all the previous.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
yes but not too fussed about it.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Hell yes. I've been waiting a very, very long time for Tekken 6.Yo-gan
Me too, this is one of the few mulitformat ill definitly be getting on the PS3. the 360's dpad is naff and Tekken is meant to be played on a dpad! :D

Yep, definately. I couldn't imagine playing Tekken on anything other than the Dual Shock.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I myself will not be purchasing any game made by Namco, Square Enix, Valve and any other publisher that jumps ship. After Namco and Square have gained popularity on the playstation brand consels since playstation is getting constantly attacked about various things now they decide to jump ship and develop for other consels(xbox 360) which inturn doesn't allow for full use of our hardware and basically a limited game(9 gigs). (...)da_iceman017

Seriously, stopped after there, you have NO CLUE what you're talking about. namco started with their own arcade, made Games on Commodore, NES, Genesis, PS1, Ps2, XBox, gameboy, about any system o_O Square also made Games for a lot of sytsems like the NES, Gameboy and gamecube o_O And now guess what, Valve did the same (PC, XBox) o_O All three companies made Games for different system of different companies, where's your problem? o_O

voltzila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 voltzila
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
Idon't know, I seem to already have a bunch of fighting games, but then on the other hand it's Tekken. Hmmm I really can't say.
StarStunna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 StarStunna
Member since 2008 • 80 Posts
I might but i don't know
BC20FLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BC20FLY
Member since 2008 • 1672 Posts
[QUOTE="Yo-gan"][QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Hell yes. I've been waiting a very, very long time for Tekken 6.Floppy_Jim

Yep, definately. I couldn't imagine playing Tekken on anything other than the Dual Shock.

Dual Shock FTW!!!! Tekken was just meant to be played on the dual shocks d-pad... or stick
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#14 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
No. When the gameplay is so slow, I just as well test my reflexes in the real world, I'll pass and fight outside. :)
SmoothBrother1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SmoothBrother1
Member since 2003 • 1078 Posts
I myself will not be purchasing any game made by Namco, Square Enix, Valve and any other publisher that jumps ship. After Namco and Square have gained popularity on the playstation brand consels since playstation is getting constantly attacked about various things now they decide to jump ship and develop for other consels(xbox 360) which inturn doesn't allow for full use of our hardware and basically a limited game(9 gigs). Instead of going the route of Konami whom I greatly respect for focusing on using the ps3 hardware and making MGS4 ( the best game ever to be released since tetris) exclusive while under pressure to make a port they instead say they want to bring their game to a bigger audience as a ploy to make more money instead of being loyal which makes since as a business decision but also alienates many gamers who want more of a game than what was previously made but cant because of limiting factors(xbox 360). Valve o valve I wanted to love the orange box but it was a crap port done by EA because Valve refused to do it and that shoows me as a ps3 owner that they dont care so why give them my money even if that means passing up on a good game. Long winded story short NO I will NOT buy Tekken 6 even though I owned all the previous.da_iceman017
lmao, here's a true sign of fanboyism running amuck. His disease of fanboyism is so severe that it's rot his brain and is now clouding his judgement and having him talk jibberish. You've own all the other tekkens and now you won't buy this one because it's multiplat? It isn't like you have to buy it on the 360 man, get a hold of yourself and breathe slowing.
Bioshockraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#16 Bioshockraptor
Member since 2008 • 21483 Posts
Chyeahh!
I don't like fighting games that much,
Besides Tekken!
Hworang and Jim Kazama baby!
polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts
street fighter 4....4 me.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Nope. SFIV for my fighting needs.
Avatar image for deactivated-594be627b82ba
deactivated-594be627b82ba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#19 deactivated-594be627b82ba
Member since 2006 • 8405 Posts
nope cause i pretty much hate the tekken series
XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts
Can't wait. SFIV for my xbox360 and Tekken 6 for the PS3.
Eliminator666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Eliminator666
Member since 2008 • 737 Posts

Yeah I'm getting it because I'm a fan of the series since Tekken 3.I hope online mode won't be laggy.

DanteSuikoden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DanteSuikoden
Member since 2008 • 3427 Posts
Street fighter 4 will be enough for me, never liked Tekken(except for part 3)
Scrivdogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Scrivdogg
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Yes i will be getting tekken 6, its whole whole reason i bought a ps3

batsy4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 batsy4life
Member since 2007 • 815 Posts

do i really have to read all that ? :(

lol and yes i will get it :)... tekken is the only fighting game i like

finalstar2007

Copy that.

kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
Of course I'm going to get it. I've been waiting too long. :cry:
Citrus25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Citrus25
Member since 2009 • 2466 Posts
Who are you top characters? who are you least favorite characters?