Getting a PS3, have some questions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 metal_gear269
Member since 2005 • 590 Posts
Alright, I've officially become fed up with the 360, so I'm gonna get a PS3. I plan on getting the $500 MGS4 bundle in June, and I'm currently saving towards that. I have a few questions about it though 1. I have a PSP Slim. What PS3 content can be played using Remote Play? Like can I play the downloadable games on it? And can I watch movies on the PS3's hard drive using it? 2. How exactly does the DivX playback work? Can I just drop my videos on an external hard drive, plug it in, then watch them? Or do I have to specially encode them? 3. Is it really THAT easy to use memory on the PS3? Like can I just take any external drive I have, plug it in, and have it recognized by the PS3? I mean, it seems too good to be true, after using the 360 for a year and a half lol Sorry if these are n00b question, I just wanna make sure I get all my facts straight before I spend $500
CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
1 - All PS1 downloadable games can be played on the PSP. Some games suchs as PixelJunk Monsters can also be played on PSP. Yes you can stream movies to your PSP using Remote Play. 2 - You can play DivX movies from an external FAT32 drive. If they are to pop up automatically on the PS3 they need to be under the right folder structure, I can't remember what this is but someone will tell you. If you can't see your movies you can just press Triangle and it brings up a display all option. 3 - No you can't upgrade the memory on a PS3. You can replace the internal HDD with another 2.5" SATA drive. You can use external drives as long as they are formated FAT32.
ChimTheGrim21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ChimTheGrim21
Member since 2004 • 3572 Posts

1 - All PS1 downloadable games can be played on the PSP. Some games suchs as PixelJunk Monsters can also be played on PSP. Yes you can stream movies to your PSP using Remote Play. 2 - You can play DivX movies from an external FAT32 drive. If they are to pop up automatically on the PS3 they need to be under the right folder structure, I can't remember what this is but someone will tell you. If you can't see your movies you can just press Triangle and it brings up a display all option. 3 - No you can't upgrade the memory on a PS3. You can replace the internal HDD with another 2.5" SATA drive. You can use external drives as long as they are formated FAT32.CellAnimation

You sure about #3?

metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 metal_gear269
Oh, sorry, I didn't mean the memory as in RAM, I meant the memory as in storage space. I guess I should have been a bit more specific lol. And what sort of cards are supported with the built-in card reader?
kratos_q80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kratos_q80
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts
yes you can upgrade the storage space any time you like
ShadowXaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ShadowXaz
Member since 2003 • 799 Posts

And what sort of cards are supported with the built-in card reader?metal_gear269

Memory Stick/SD/CompactFlash Slots

metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 metal_gear269
OH! Another question: I have a PC-PSP store account. Is that account for PS3 too? Like can I take my username and password from the PC store and log in on the PS3?
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 metal_gear269
Anyone? I really need to know this....
metal_gear269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points