Gears of War for PS3

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Unknown_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Unknown_prince
Member since 2008 • 66 Posts

Hi! gamers anyone of you maybe know of Gears of War coming to PS3? I jacked some news about it but it was a little unbelievable.

Avatar image for lions_rock_2008
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lions_rock_2008
Member since 2005 • 1121 Posts
ok.......proof......... or GTFO
Kurdish-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Kurdish-Gamer
Member since 2008 • 802 Posts

Hi! gamers anyone of you maybe know of Gears of War coming to PS3? I jacked some news about it but it was a little unbelievable.

Unknown_prince
Man that would be awesome
Unknown_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Unknown_prince
I did some Unreal Tournament 3 split-screen update research and found this about gears coming to ps3.
CraigyM83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CraigyM83
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts
I'd doubt it.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
The Gears of War series is either owned or published by Microsoft. So it will never be on the PS3.
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

The Gears of War series is either owned or published by Microsoft. So it will never be on the PS3.Floppy_Jim

I thought I remembered hearing that Epic's exclusivity deal made it possible for the third game to come to PS3 or something. I don't remember the details because Gears wasn't that great to begin with. Great graphics and I liked the controls and such, but the single player was short, the multiplayer got old fast for me.

lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lions_rock_2008

I did some Unreal Tournament 3 split-screen update research and found this about gears coming to ps3.Unknown_prince

like i said, proof or GTFO, i have not seen your "proof" yet, you saying you saw it is not proof. that like me saying i saw that GG is making a KZ2 port for the 360 when i was looking up KZ2 info......

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]The Gears of War series is either owned or published by Microsoft. So it will never be on the PS3.Generic_Dude

I thought I remembered hearing that Epic's exclusivity deal made it possible for the third game to come to PS3 or something. I don't remember the details because Gears wasn't that great to begin with. Great graphics and I liked the controls and such, but the single player was short, the multiplayer got old fast for me.

I remember reading that too. I think MS only got the publishing rights for the first 2 Gears games, but I'd be shocked if they didn't throw some money Epic's way for part 3.
brgreen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 brgreen
Member since 2005 • 657 Posts
Will never happen...Gears is a Microsoft back game.
EvilShark94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EvilShark94
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]The Gears of War series is either owned or published by Microsoft. So it will never be on the PS3.Generic_Dude

What Gears 1 and 2 are one of the best games ever made
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#12 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

Actually.

Geow is possible on the PS3.

Someone could make a PS3 compatible mod for UT3 using the data from GeoW.

However, it would be illegal and a person who would do that would get sued to the max.

Garudo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Garudo
Member since 2004 • 436 Posts
no thnx...Sony themselves have great exclusive titles in their hands..IMO...i dun think we nid anything from M$
alfarhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 alfarhan
Member since 2008 • 64 Posts
saying that gears of war will go to sony is as if you're saying ..... Metal gear solid will go to M$.... or (as a better example) uncharted going to M$
mvlbr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mvlbr
Member since 2007 • 244 Posts
I have the first one on my xbox and to be honest I thought it was overrated. To be honest I could care less if they released it on ps3 since I wouldn't even buy the 2nd one on the xbox much less a 3rd one.
Unknown_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Unknown_prince
It will be a different Gears of War, the time line will be set in the Pendulum wars + GTA IV i read in a top selling Game Mag called Nag(Issued 2007) will be getting 2 other GTA IV DLC's, pre-bought by Sony(Exclusive). While M$ was still fighting about the 2 DLC's(Exclusivesy that M$ owns it) Sony went straight infront of them and bought it.
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

[QUOTE="Unknown_prince"]I did some Unreal Tournament 3 split-screen update research and found this about gears coming to ps3.lions_rock_2008

like i said, proof or GTFO, i have not seen your "proof" yet, you saying you saw it is not proof. that like me saying i saw that GG is making a KZ2 port for the 360 when i was looking up KZ2 info......

Jeez, simmer down. He's not spouting that it is coming, he's asking for corroborating witnesses. Stop being so testy.
Unknown_prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Unknown_prince

Thanks for defending me:D

FunCrusher303

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 FunCrusher303
Member since 2004 • 1191 Posts
Gears for PS3 will never happen, Would be cool though. Now GOW character skins for UT3 is possible, and would be totally sweet :)
McMJ3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#20 McMJ3
Member since 2008 • 2441 Posts
Unless Sony wants to pay 10 bagillion dollars to buy one freaking game, it will never happen.
jcarroll70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jcarroll70
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

it will never get on ps3!

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
please don't bring it over to the PS3....
lions_rock_2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lions_rock_2008
[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]

[QUOTE="Unknown_prince"]I did some Unreal Tournament 3 split-screen update research and found this about gears coming to ps3.Canvas_Of_Flesh

Jeez, simmer down. He's not spouting that it is coming, he's asking for corroborating witnesses. Stop being so testy.

well there is no reason to make stupid threads like this if there is no proof to back up what you say is going to happen...

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]The Gears of War series is either owned or published by Microsoft. So it will never be on the PS3.Floppy_Jim

I remember reading that too. I think MS only got the publishing rights for the first 2 Gears games, but I'd be shocked if they didn't throw some money Epic's way for part 3.

Exactly. Gears is MS's bread & butter. It sells way too much for them to allow a PS3 port. And unless Sony starts crapping money, they won't have enough money to out bid MS anytime soon.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"][QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]

lions_rock_2008

well there is no reason to make stupid threads like this if there is no proof to back up what you say is going to happen...

Thats exactly what Canvas is trying to tell you dude. He never "said" Gears is coming to the PS3. He's asking if anyone knows anything about the possibility of it coming to the PS3.

sephaien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sephaien
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
ps3 doesn't need Gears of War. They have good games enough. let the exclusives stay exclusive. i don't want mgs4 or uncharted to port to xbox360 either.
L33T_TI200P3I2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 L33T_TI200P3I2
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
I don't want Gears 2 for PS3 but I want it for my computor, Gears 1 came out for PC but I havn't seen Gears 2 for PC, will it come out on it?
demonslayer987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#29 demonslayer987
Member since 2008 • 329 Posts
[QUOTE="Canvas_Of_Flesh"][QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]

lions_rock_2008

dude just stfu! ok
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
As soon as MGS4 comes to 360...
glenn2709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 glenn2709
Member since 2005 • 1719 Posts
Even if its coming to the PS3, I wouldn't buy it.
dubb55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dubb55
Member since 2005 • 127 Posts
I don't know if I would buy it or not let's wait and see...
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
[QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]The Gears of War series is either owned or published by Microsoft. So it will never be on the PS3.EvilShark94

I respectfully disagree. I liked the single player campaign, but ultimately I had more fun with games like Rainbow Six Vegas and the like. I also thought the Gears multiplayer community was the worst... worse than the Halo games. The folks I played with in RSV were more easygoing and all around cooler. Given that I'm also much better at RSV (and FPSes in general), that plays a role as well.

The game is great looking and the gore effects are a gas, but the game itself is good but not great to me.

lewisg1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lewisg1212
Member since 2005 • 1698 Posts
i wish people would stop with rubbsh like this, its like saying halo is coming to the ps3 or killzone to the 360...orrr little big planet, hell its like saying zelda will go to the 360 isnt ever....EVER going to happen! without exclusives consoles wouldnt sell as much...think about it
Alias_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Alias_Nemesis
Member since 2007 • 415 Posts
unfortunately, its a first party to microsoft , so i doubt it...though it would be AWESOME if it were true...
blank33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 blank33
Member since 2005 • 1896 Posts
No chance.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

Unknown_prince
It is not and if you heard news about it we need some proof if it is or not.
byrdcjb100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 byrdcjb100
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

I've played both but i'm not a fan of it

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IAmDazzle
Member since 2007 • 600 Posts

Unknown_prince
Yeah okay.... it is a 360 exclusive. I believe its also a Microsoft Game Studios game.
IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 IAmDazzle
[QUOTE="EvilShark94"][QUOTE="Generic_Dude"]

Generic_Dude

I respectfully disagree. I liked the single player campaign, but ultimately I had more fun with games like Rainbow Six Vegas and the like. I also thought the Gears multiplayer community was the worst... worse than the Halo games. The folks I played with in RSV were more easygoing and all around cooler. Given that I'm also much better at RSV (and FPSes in general), that plays a role as well.

The game is great looking and the gore effects are a gas, but the game itself is good but not great to me.

Gotta agree. And the reason people suck on Halo 3 and Gears is because those games are IMMENSELY popular thus attract more casual players who are more likely to be complete jerks over those who see gaming as a major hobby or interest.

And I don't mean to be rude, but anyone who thinks Gears would EVER come to the PS3 is just insane. That's like saying Halo 3 will be ported to the PS3. I mean c'mon. Seriously.

IAmDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 IAmDazzle
[QUOTE="Unknown_prince"]

SSBFan12

It is not and if you heard news about it we need some proof if it is or not.

He probably heard from some 12 year old kid on the PSN. No intelligent news source would publish such crap.

Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#42 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts
[QUOTE="lions_rock_2008"]

[QUOTE="Unknown_prince"]I did some Unreal Tournament 3 split-screen update research and found this about gears coming to ps3.Canvas_Of_Flesh

Ya seriously man.
albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts
Let it remain exclusive. I liked the first Gears, but wasn't even half as impressed by Gears 2 as I was by Killzone. Let the exclusives stay that way
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
i played gears useing my friends 360 .. and still dont understand why everyone likes this game .. it looked so boring to me .. maybe its because im so used to first person shooter games .. still wasnt that great :? o well i dont care if its comes to ps3 or not .. all i want is some mroe RPG's
camerun370

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 camerun370
Member since 2008 • 97 Posts
Isnt it kinda already possible to get it, ' Linux ' on the PS3 anyone? With the first gears on the pc wouldn't it take a simple download to get it, same with Halo? Im not saying I actually do any of that.
n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
That's the only game that the 360 has that i like :( it's a shame it'll never come to ps3 :'(
nikgamma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 nikgamma
Member since 2008 • 392 Posts
I hate that game
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

I doubt Gears will be on a Sony platform any time soon

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts
it could, but i don't thyink it will. sony isn't really interested in third party games nemore. would be nice to get all three for ps3 along with mass effect series so i don'thave to buy a 360
Raven1504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Raven1504
Member since 2008 • 303 Posts
no need for it, tecmo;s copy of the game quantum theory will do fine, but any ways i rather play mgs4:D but hey thats my opinion