gamescom impression

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ewalthour
Member since 2013 • 841 Posts

I really not feeling any new games besides the dawn game. It's a strange life maybe interesting but wild it's just to cartooony. At least dawn game told you how long it takes to finish it unlike the order 1886. I think dawn having a load of ending gives it high replay even if it doesn't have online(which I don't know yet). The order should have had another demo but trailer showed new hand to hand combat. I just dont think it brings anything new to the table. I an not sure it will be fun and it already was revealed to have low replay without co op, multiple endings.

Now the Sony features are still nothing beneficial t o most. 2.0 is just another way to advertise to friends a game they don't have You only can play 1 hr at a time and you can't allow just anyone to use your system or get hacked. Microsoft has already stated dnla and all the other medias are coming so why the 10 million dollar sold system dontg have it already?

Indies are here to stay and quite frankly I hate it. PlayStation now is garbage and the prices still aren't even worthy of selling this product. The only way things change is people dont rent games.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

I'm somewhat in agreement with all you said because the only game I'm looking forward too is Arkham Knight....I want to see some new gameplay footage.

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Based on price and the amount of time the console has been available I think the PS4 is off to a great start. Historically speaking, there is a hell of a bunch of gaming experiences available for a nine-month-old console. There is enough on the horizon that I'm happy. Shame you're not.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ewalthour

@porkchopxp: I am just saying the exclusives Sony has shown aren't impressive besides drive club.

Ac unity looks very good and look like a overhaul to the redundant combat from prior games. LBP 3 and I hope to God uncharted 4 will be great. All the other great games are shared with Xbox one like arkham knight and phantom pain. Even the until dawn could be good but the animations from the 24 min demo look a little stiff like the game editor mentioned in his impressions. Sony has a no care attitude towards the features gamers want and it's all about indie, free to play and playstion now. Bloodborne looks good but not my type of game.

My all time favorite game MGS concerns me with using that damn box in phantom pain. I want this game to be epic but the box trivializes all the serious content and storyline. I mean really you can stand up in the box and the soldiers see a cardboard box of a bikini clad female and think it's real!! Yet the soldiers adapt to getting darted in the head by wearing helmets!!!!. I hope we have the option of never having to use the box in serious combat situations. I never liked the box in MGS 1. Also how do you slide off the road from a pile of hoarse shit??? I just think hideo is going to far. Why would spinning in a jeep stun green beret type soldiers??? I love the Fulton and rpg element in multiplayer but it seems you should have a limit to how many animals or soldiers you hoist on a balloon. I hope all these are optional and you can play like you are really in a war with life and death consequences to your choices. It's cool with the guy ( I forgot his name from old MGS game) grunting while takung a dump since I am sure the rations make you constipated. That's cool to bring that back but this other stuff marginalized hideo serious subject matter with kids as soldiers and girls blowing up.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#5 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@porkchopxp said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c

Based on price and the amount of time the console has been available I think the PS4 is off to a great start. Historically speaking, there is a hell of a bunch of gaming experiences available for a nine-month-old console. There is enough on the horizon that I'm happy. Shame you're not.

I'm happy with the PS4 and their exclusives in general, it's just that this-gen in general(MS included) hasn't been overwhelming. "BUT" at the same time I'm happy with what's on the horizon. :)

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Sony's Gamescom was awesome. The only thing that was disappointing was that the company did not show off anything from its first party studios outside of the expansion for Infamous and a reworked version of Tearaway. That being said, it awesome that Sony has so many developers working on titles for PS4. Games like Rime, Wild, the Children of Tomorrow and Alienation all look to be fun. Whether or not I will enjoy these games when they come out is one thing, but at least there is variety coming to the platform. Until Dawn, and the first glimpse of Bloodborne. There is also the new Silent Hill game too. Where is the disappointment? Sony has all of these games coming, and the first party studios have not shown what they have been doing. I say Sony is doing awesome. Not to to start system wars, but it is a lot better than a game being announced as exclusive and then admitting later that the title will come to other platforms.

Whether you like it or not, Indie games are here to stay, and they are starting to become the majority of titles that are released on the market. Sony did the right thing by trying to gobble them up.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ewalthour

I agree Sony has more variety than microsoft and I prefer their games also. I also like SOME indies. I even have indie games like chess, pure pool, resogun and valiant heart(which is made by ubisoft but still in my eyes is a indie game). I am just saying no one is buying a system for indie games. Now I realize that indie games are made from independent developers. I do think its a such thing as AAA indies like no mans sky. But so far I have not seen a AAA indie game released yet. I know ryme and wild seem to be AAA indies but we shall see once they are released. Most indie games are weird, short game length, $20 bucks for a reason and doesn't have a mass appeal. I like games that are creative but its a difference between creative and silly and weird.

I am not convinced so far indie games should be the norm nor 60% or more of the market. People bought PS4 for AAA games and I hope when TGS show comes out we see more AAA games. Indie games has its place in the market just a small piece unless they get a big budget and are creative but yet not weird. Even Wild too me doesn't seem all that epic and the cartoon style just doesn't seem to be appealing to me. IF you are going to a have a survivor type ice age look you don't have to look like the croods.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

My take away from Gamescom is...

P.T.

'nuff said.

ewalthour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ewalthour

@SolidTy: PT or silent hill by kojima was a surprise but and i watched the videos from gamespot and other sites and it is truly is psychological horror game. The first silent hill was one of the most scariest games and the 2nd one was scary also. I don't sleep well with those type of games that look real. I downloaded the game but sort of hesitant to play. It looks good and all the horror games are stepping up to the plate.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

There are a ton of games coming and the Guerrilla game, Sony Bend, etc are all coming aswell

porkchopxp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By porkchopxp
Member since 2004 • 1181 Posts

@ewalthour said:

My all time favorite game MGS concerns me with using that damn box in phantom pain. I want this game to be epic but the box trivializes all the serious content and storyline. I mean really you can stand up in the box and the soldiers see a cardboard box of a bikini clad female and think it's real!! Yet the soldiers adapt to getting darted in the head by wearing helmets!!!!. I hope we have the option of never having to use the box in serious combat situations. I never liked the box in MGS 1. Also how do you slide off the road from a pile of hoarse shit??? I just think hideo is going to far. Why would spinning in a jeep stun green beret type soldiers??? I love the Fulton and rpg element in multiplayer but it seems you should have a limit to how many animals or soldiers you hoist on a balloon. I hope all these are optional and you can play like you are really in a war with life and death consequences to your choices. It's cool with the guy ( I forgot his name from old MGS game) grunting while takung a dump since I am sure the rations make you constipated. That's cool to bring that back but this other stuff marginalized hideo serious subject matter with kids as soldiers and girls blowing up.

As fans of the MGS series, You and I both know that the use of most or all of Snake's sophomoric gadgets are completely optional. Granted, Kojima has sometimes had trouble balancing his childish humor with his themes of war and humanity but it has never crossed the line to the point of ruining the larger story. Based on Ground Zeros, I'm confident Phantom Pain will be as epic as all the other entries in the series. Just how epic will hinge on this new set of bosses, as you can grade the games in the series by how good the villains/bosses are . . .