Games that we didnt try yet, and hope it get remastered of us...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

newbie4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 newbie4lyfe
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts

I hope these get remastered
KOTOR 1 and 2
Final fantasy xii
Battle Front 1 and 2
Jedi Knight

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
none of those interest me anymore. how many times are we going to play the same damn games. i want new IPs, while i understand its a good quick buck for the dev and some ppl can catch up to the games they missed. but i rather them focus on new more interesting stuff and worry about these remastered down the road.
ydnarrewop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 ydnarrewop
Member since 2004 • 2291 Posts
I don't mind the remastered games. They really need to put effort into making them proper HD though. If a game is remastered then they have to keep in mind the meaning of the word "remastered". All good in my books. It's always nice to have the option...I'm all about the options. The more the merrier :)
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Those games are available for dirt-cheap, as are the hardware they get played on... I would rather have devs work on new stuff, if I want old games, I'll fire up the old systems. Which, I DO, a lot. Those are some great games. But I refuse to pay for an Xbox or PS2 up-res'd copy of something I already played or already own.

_Judas_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 _Judas_
Member since 2004 • 785 Posts
I would appreciate a new, "remastered" edition of Dungeon Keeper. @MonkeySpot: Are you still playing Clock Tower 3, Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Chaos Bleeds, and Armored Core?
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
99% of remakes are worse than the original and I'd hate to see what modern BioWare would do to KOTOR.
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

none of those interest me anymore. how many times are we going to play the same damn games. i want new IPs, while i understand its a good quick buck for the dev and some ppl can catch up to the games they missed. but i rather them focus on new more interesting stuff and worry about these remastered down the road.JoKeR_421

I think you would be surprised to find that most remastered collections and the like are handled by seperate studios. As for new IPs, I think you speak for many if not most.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

none of those interest me anymore. how many times are we going to play the same damn games. i want new IPs, while i understand its a good quick buck for the dev and some ppl can catch up to the games they missed. but i rather them focus on new more interesting stuff and worry about these remastered down the road.JoKeR_421

but they're not making new IPs, thats the point. Pretty much every game at this years E3 was either a sequel or reboot. Some of these older games are better than the generic crap we're getting today, thats why we want them.

I find myself enjoying these classic HD games more than alot of the games being released today. Its great to have them rereleased in beautiful HD rather than trying to find classic games on EBAY that look like a** on our HDTVs.

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts
  • The Matrix: Path Of Neo
  • 007: Everything Or Nothing
  • Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
  • Mission Impossible: Operation Surma
  • TimeSplitters ( any of them )

I have more i just cant think of them right now.

newbie4lyfe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 newbie4lyfe
Member since 2009 • 419 Posts

Those games are available for dirt-cheap, as are the hardware they get played on... I would rather have devs work on new stuff, if I want old games, I'll fire up the old systems. Which, I DO, a lot. Those are some great games. But I refuse to pay for an Xbox or PS2 up-res'd copy of something I already played or already own.

MonkeySpot

but they hire another company on that... bluepoint games i think

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

People don't seem to realize that these remasters are typically contracted to outside studios and are done in a matter of a few weeks. Geting a game from the previous generation remastered isn't taking away time or resources from new games.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Normally, I try to find the original copies of games rather than spending more money on a bullsh*t "remastered" version.

The only ones I don't have are Ico and Shenmue 2.

I already have Shadow of the Colossus and I can't seem to find Ico anywhere. But if I buy the Ico collection, it'll be like I'm be buying 1 for the price of 2. :/

I wish I could get just Ico by itself.

I managed to find a copy of Shenmue 1 for the Dreamcast. And I'm REALLY happy about that. It's a classic.

I'm still looking for Shenmue 2 for the Xbox, but I can't find it. If I can't find it, I may have to actually pay more for a stupid "HD" release of Shenmue 2.

In my opinion, HD collections are a waste of time and money. If you throw "HD", "Remastered" or "Enhanced" on the cover of any re-release, people will be all over that like a bunch of sheep. Even if they already own the game. -_- "BUH- TEH IMPROVED GRAPHIX!!!!!!"

But I may have to pay for Shenmue 2 HD if that's ever released. I made the mistake of not buying the original sooner.

pc-ps360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pc-ps360
Member since 2010 • 3462 Posts

onimusha 3 n 4

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'll probably give Final Fantasy X a try if they ever come out with the HD edition.

SgtSutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SgtSutton
Member since 2005 • 432 Posts

A Star Wars collection would be awesome, Don't know how many games they could throw in, but if they had some combination of Battlefront 1/2, Podracers, KOTOR, Jedi Knight, there are a bunch more of awesome old games they could throw in.

Someone else mentioned Morrowind, I would buy a collection of all the TES that aren't already on PS3, I'd still be playing Morrowind if my xbox hadn't broken.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 worlock77

In my opinion, HD collections are a waste of time and money. If you throw "HD", "Remastered" or "Enhanced" on the cover of any re-release, people will be all over that like a bunch of sheep. Even if they already own the game. -_- "BUH- TEH IMPROVED GRAPHIX!!!!!!"GeoffZak

Or they simply want to be able to play the game on their current system. But no, it couldn't possibly be that could it? It can only be because they're sheep right?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I would have to agree with Star Wars: BattleFront 1 and 2. Both, at the time were great! I wouldn't want either of them to be restored. I would prefer Lucas Arts made Star Wars: BattleFront 3 likw they have been talking about making for over 5 years now!

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Normally, I try to find the original copies of games rather than spending more money on a bullsh*t "remastered" version.

The only ones I don't have are Ico and Shenmue 2.

I already have Shadow of the Colossus and I can't seem to find Ico anywhere. But if I buy the Ico collection, it'll be like I'm be buying 1 for the price of 2. :/

I wish I could get just Ico by itself.

I managed to find a copy of Shenmue 1 for the Dreamcast. And I'm REALLY happy about that. It's a classic.

I'm still looking for Shenmue 2 for the Xbox, but I can't find it. If I can't find it, I may have to actually pay more for a stupid "HD" release of Shenmue 2.

In my opinion, HD collections are a waste of time and money. If you throw "HD", "Remastered" or "Enhanced" on the cover of any re-release, people will be all over that like a bunch of sheep. Even if they already own the game. -_- "BUH- TEH IMPROVED GRAPHIX!!!!!!"

But I may have to pay for Shenmue 2 HD if that's ever released. I made the mistake of not buying the original sooner.

GeoffZak

Most people I know are usually just excited to be able to relive the game or they missed out on in the previous gen and are excited to be able to finally play it. Nothing but elitism and snobbery ever stems from your posts. You're worse than the most dramatic PC gamers on SW.

-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

I never got round to playing the Dark Cloud games so would like a remaster of them. Morrowind sounds interesting as well.

Game series I have played but would re-visit for nostalgia / trophies:

Final Fantasy

SSX

Wipeout

GTA

11thHeaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 11thHeaven
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I'm grateful for the HD re-releases. I don't have a PS2 and a lot of the games from that generation are just as fun as ever. I just finished the Ico&Shadow of the Colossus collection on the PS3 and loved both the visuals and the gameplay. I can't wait until FFX is released in HD.

I'd like to see Okami given the HD treatment because it looks like great fun and I never got to play it on PS2, but would HD add much to the graphics as they're cell-shaded?

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Final Fantasy IX That's it.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I'll probably be criticized but I actually do love the HD collections coming out (I picked up most of them and planning on picking up other ones this year). I would love ot see more. Here's a list of ones I want to see.

- Dark Cloud HD collection - (Dark Cloud & Dark Chronicle)

- Final Fantasy VII HD collection - (Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII & Dirge of Cerberus: Final Fantasy VII)

- Grand Theft Auto HD collection - (Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City & San Andreas)

- Jak and Daxter Volume 2 HD collection - (Jak X Racing, Daxter, & Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier)

- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD collection - (Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories, & Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix)

- Kingdom Hearts Volume 2 HD collection - (Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep: Final Mix, & Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance)

- Okami HD with PlayStation Move support ---------- CALLED IT!!! :D

- Psychonauts HD

- Ratchet & Clank Volume 2 HD collection - (Ratchet: Deadlocked, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters & Secret Agent Clank)

- Shadow Hearts HD collection - (Shadow Hearts, Shadow Hearts Covenant and Shadow Hearts: From the New World)

- Shenmue HD PSN/XBLA ports - (Shenmue and Shenmue II)

- Silent Hill Volume 2 HD collection - (Silent Hill 4: The Room, Origins, & Shattered Memories)

- Sonic Adventure 2 HD ---------- Called it as well! :P

- Viewtiful Joe HD collection - (Viewtiful Joe 1, 2 & Red Hot Rumble)

I doubt even half of these collections will happen but I still would pick all of them up. :P

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 worlock77

I'm grateful for the HD re-releases. I don't have a PS2 and a lot of the games from that generation are just as fun as ever. I just finished the Ico&Shadow of the Colossus collection on the PS3 and loved both the visuals and the gameplay. I can't wait until FFX is released in HD.

I'd like to see Okami given the HD treatment because it looks like great fun and I never got to play it on PS2, but would HD add much to the graphics as they're cell-shaded?

11thHeaven

The HD remastering really doesn't do enhance the graphics, just makes it not look like ass on an HD set.

sagejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 sagejonathan
Member since 2011 • 519 Posts
I never had a PS2 so I am happy with the hd collections for the most part. I want a chance to play: Socom HD Viewtiful Joe HD Final Fantasy (any) HD
doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

- Kingdom Hearts Final Mix HD collection - (Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix, Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories, & Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix)

- Kingdom Hearts Volume 2 HD collection - (Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep: Final Mix, & Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance)

DrRockso87

This, plus the other poster about timesplitters. Miss the multiplayer fun times.... oh and a d*** colony wars grrrrr

Legenkiller59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Legenkiller59
Member since 2008 • 6464 Posts

I'll probably give Final Fantasy X a try if they ever come out with the HD edition.

Jackc8

i would also like to try that out

BenefitEvil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BenefitEvil
Member since 2012 • 44 Posts
I haven't cracked open Heavy Rain yet and I would love to see that get remastered. That kind of game I think would benefit from having that kind of treatment. I mean its pretty much a movie already.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 worlock77

I haven't cracked open Heavy Rain yet and I would love to see that get remastered. That kind of game I think would benefit from having that kind of treatment. I mean its pretty much a movie already.BenefitEvil

Uhhh......what?

wwefanforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#29 wwefanforlife
Member since 2006 • 3248 Posts

I've already played both of these games before but I want Jet Set Radio and Jet Set Radio Future.

If never played the Shenmue series so I'd be happy to see Shenmue 1 & 2 remastered.

raziel2mic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 raziel2mic
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Final Fantasy VII

Bloody Roar 2

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Would love to have a Shadow Hearts Collection and a Suikoden Collection ...though Shadow Hearts will never happen (licensing issues) and Suikoden is HIGHLY unlikely Though I have played both. So I guess I am not really answering your question
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts
[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Would love to have a Shadow Hearts Collection and a Suikoden Collection ...though Shadow Hearts will never happen (licensing issues) and Suikoden is HIGHLY unlikely Though I have played both. So I guess I am not really answering your question

In particular Suikoden II. The best one in the series. I still have the guide for that game which is pretty rare.
DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]Would love to have a Shadow Hearts Collection and a Suikoden Collection ...though Shadow Hearts will never happen (licensing issues) and Suikoden is HIGHLY unlikely Though I have played both. So I guess I am not really answering your questiondalger21
In particular Suikoden II. The best one in the series. I still have the guide for that game which is pretty rare.

If a Suikoden HD Collection happens, it'll include III, IV, and V. Konami should release Suikoden II on PSN already. It's overdue for a release considering how rare (and expensive) an original copy is.

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts
Would have been nice to get the PSP collection (suikoden 1 and 2) that Japan got
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#35 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

I would like these games remastered:

• Star Wars Battlefront 1 & 2
  • GTA: San Andreas
  • Black